Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Generation Snowflake 08:47 - Feb 27 with 3553 viewsMaySixth

this is the week it comes to pass

trains closing down around the country despite no snow

wait until Thursday/Friday - the country is going to implode

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Generation Snowflake on 08:49 - Feb 27 with 3534 viewsITFC_Forever

Snowflakes gonna melt.

Everyone at work is having kittens, despite the roads being fine (although the roads around the industrial estate are a bit slippery).

Group Message thing we have has been pinging all morning about the A14. The A14 is slow as there's a broken down car eastbound between the Orwell Bridge and Nacton, nothing to do with the weather.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

on 08:51 - Feb 27 with 3520 views_

Generation Snowflake on 08:54 - Feb 27 with 3508 viewsitfcjoe

Generation Snowflake on 08:49 - Feb 27 by ITFC_Forever

Snowflakes gonna melt.

Everyone at work is having kittens, despite the roads being fine (although the roads around the industrial estate are a bit slippery).

Group Message thing we have has been pinging all morning about the A14. The A14 is slow as there's a broken down car eastbound between the Orwell Bridge and Nacton, nothing to do with the weather.

It's fine when snow is fresh, it'll be fun later though!

Although I drove down Bucklesham Road at about 20-25mph with traffic and some prat was overtaking everyone in face of oncoming traffice on a non-gritted road. Hopefully he'll be in a ditch somewhere now (bot not injured as I'm not that mean!)

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Generation Snowflake on 09:00 - Feb 27 with 3474 viewsITFC_Forever

Generation Snowflake on 08:54 - Feb 27 by itfcjoe

Although I drove down Bucklesham Road at about 20-25mph with traffic and some prat was overtaking everyone in face of oncoming traffice on a non-gritted road. Hopefully he'll be in a ditch somewhere now (bot not injured as I'm not that mean!)

Had to drop one of my daughter's friends off on Bucklesham Rd last night, that was quite slippery to be fair.

The fresh snow is fine, it's when it compacts and freezes it can be a problem.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Generation Snowflake on 09:13 - Feb 27 with 3432 viewsmonytowbray

Generation Snowflake on 08:54 - Feb 27 by itfcjoe

Should have waved mate.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Generation Snowflake on 09:16 - Feb 27 with 3421 viewsBenters2

Loads of snow here to be honest.
Generation Snowflake on 09:16 - Feb 27 with 3423 viewsTIB

Work have sent out 5 emails in the last 24hrs about the weather "chaos" set to hit...I'm looking out my window (Nottingham) and we haven't got 10 snowflakes let alone 10cm.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Generation Snowflake on 09:31 - Feb 27 with 3392 viewsBackToRussia

Snowflakes in their element surely

Any word on the melts?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Login to get fewer ads

Generation Snowflake on 09:33 - Feb 27 with 3381 viewsBlueBadger

Generation Snowflake on 09:31 - Feb 27 by BackToRussia

Snowflakes in their element surely

Any word on the melts?

Given the feeble dusting we've had this morning are they shouting 'your snow is sh1t' at the sky and then crying when a flake lands on them?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Generation Snowflake on 09:38 - Feb 27 with 3361 viewsNo9

Those of us who were around in the 60's can see the transport & energy companies are using bad weather to allow non performance without losing money.
In the 60's things kept moving
Generation Snowflake on 09:41 - Feb 27 with 3357 viewsBasuco

As the East Coast mainline re-privitisation proved, private companies are not capable of running a public railway service efficiently, they are only interested in maximum short term profit with no forward planning that at some point Winter will arrive.
Generation Snowflake on 09:46 - Feb 27 with 3340 viewsNo9

Generation Snowflake on 09:41 - Feb 27 by Basuco

As the East Coast mainline re-privitisation proved, private companies are not capable of running a public railway service efficiently, they are only interested in maximum short term profit with no forward planning that at some point Winter will arrive.

Exactly that is why the foreign owners of Heathrow want the taxpayer to pay for any upgrades while they contribute not one penny
Generation Snowflake on 10:20 - Feb 27 with 3290 viewsJ2BLUE

The roads were ok today. Tomorrow and Thursday will be interesting. Supposed to snow all night tonight and then snow heavily all day tomorrow.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Generation Snowflake on 11:02 - Feb 27 with 3217 viewsitfcjoe

Generation Snowflake on 09:13 - Feb 27 by monytowbray

Should have waved mate.

I said overtaking, not undertaking....!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Generation Snowflake on 11:26 - Feb 27 with 3182 viewsDanTheMan

Generation Snowflake on 09:16 - Feb 27 by TIB

Work have sent out 5 emails in the last 24hrs about the weather "chaos" set to hit...I'm looking out my window (Nottingham) and we haven't got 10 snowflakes let alone 10cm.

Well we've had a little now...

I was a bit worried as I have to get to Derby after work but looks like it should be fine.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Generation Snowflake on 11:43 - Feb 27 with 3151 viewshype313

Generation Snowflake on 11:26 - Feb 27 by DanTheMan

Well we've had a little now...

I was a bit worried as I have to get to Derby after work but looks like it should be fine.

They signing you aswell now?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Generation Snowflake on 12:56 - Feb 27 with 3050 viewsnoggin

Oh how we Norwegians laugh at you Brits.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Generation Snowflake on 13:05 - Feb 27 with 3034 viewssolemio

Generation Snowflake on 12:56 - Feb 27 by noggin

Oh how we Norwegians laugh at you Brits.

Everyone in Norway knows its worth spending the cash to keep mobile in the winter; you can rely on the snow.

Over the last decade here there has been a good proportion of winters with virtually no snow.
Generation Snowflake on 13:13 - Feb 27 with 2996 viewsBecclesITFC

Makes you wonder if they are cancelling trains so they don't have to refund people for being late.
Generation Snowflake on 13:15 - Feb 27 with 2991 viewsnoggin

Generation Snowflake on 13:05 - Feb 27 by solemio

Everyone in Norway knows its worth spending the cash to keep mobile in the winter; you can rely on the snow.

Over the last decade here there has been a good proportion of winters with virtually no snow.

Plenty of time to prepare for when it does. Simply forcing car owners to change tyres during the winter would keep the country moving. Immediate fine for anyone caught using non winter tyres over here, during the colder months. I live in the south so winters are pretty mild relatively.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Generation Snowflake on 14:11 - Feb 27 with 2895 viewslongtimefan

Generation Snowflake on 13:15 - Feb 27 by noggin

Plenty of time to prepare for when it does. Simply forcing car owners to change tyres during the winter would keep the country moving. Immediate fine for anyone caught using non winter tyres over here, during the colder months. I live in the south so winters are pretty mild relatively.

Having worked with a lot of Norwegians I was led to believe that winter tyres were not mandatory but that if you had an accident without them you’d be skating on thin ice insurance wise. No pun intended.
Generation Snowflake on 21:14 - Feb 27 with 2697 viewssolemio

Generation Snowflake on 13:15 - Feb 27 by noggin

Indeed. Not so mild round Tromso and Kirkenes. We were once at the latter in June and the temperature was -1C.

Unrelated, but I love the fact that they have an artificial pitch at Kirkenes FC because the reindeer kept eating the grass.
Generation Snowflake on 21:21 - Feb 27 with 2686 viewsGeoffSentence

Generation Snowflake on 09:13 - Feb 27 by monytowbray

Should have waved mate.

Couldn't have been you, he was overtaking.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Generation Snowflake on 21:22 - Feb 27 with 2683 viewsGeoffSentence

Generation Snowflake on 11:02 - Feb 27 by itfcjoe

I said overtaking, not undertaking....!

ah dang, beaten to it.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024