Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack 13:26 - Dec 23 with 1404 viewsDubtractor

Despite the drama on here, that isn't remotely a 0-3 half of football. They have only had 5 shots!

We need to do better, and we are suffering from both Davis and Clarke having pretty poor games, but that is a hugely flattering score line.

This game is gone now, but hopefully we can make the score line respectable in the second half.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 13:28 - Dec 23 with 1370 viewssuffolkpoker

We hardly touched the ball before there first goal. It was all Leeds

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 13:28 - Dec 23 with 1324 viewsWallingford_Boy

The way we play we are always going to concede on the counter, that’s not down to personnel its tactics.

That’s not a criticism, we can get away with it against most teams in this league, just not the likes of Leeds!

RIP Sir Bobby

3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 13:29 - Dec 23 with 1325 viewsbournemouthblue

We have been punished ruthlessly, certainly

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 13:29 - Dec 23 with 1325 viewsredrickstuhaart

3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 13:28 - Dec 23 by suffolkpoker

Possession is even.

Our approach relies on transitions. So does theirs. If their quick strong forward line is on song, its the perfect counter to us. Like two big hitting boxers toe to toe.
Errrr Chaplin was fouled which turned out attack into their counter on 13:29 - Dec 23 with 1317 viewsunstableblue

3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 13:28 - Dec 23 by suffolkpoker

100% foul

Pushed him

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 13:29 - Dec 23 with 1298 viewsScuzzer

Plus Davis had one of the shots on goal.

Established 1968

3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 13:31 - Dec 23 with 1244 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I don’t see any drama. What I see is posters acknowledging we’ve been undone by the best side we’ve played in the league and we’re not at our best in a big game.

People are allowed to be disappointed.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 13:32 - Dec 23 with 1225 viewsTrequartista

Tend to agree - it’s 3 goals from 3 shots on target - we are not getting battered in general play. But the defending is terrible and we’ve been leaking goals for awhile now. Last week it’s all talk about missing chances but what about the 2 goals from 2 shots we conceded.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2023 13:33]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Login to get fewer ads

3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 13:32 - Dec 23 with 1211 viewsFrimleyBlue

Here we go again. There is no drama on here.

It is a 0-3 game as they've scored 3 goals.

They've hit us on the counter which was blindingly obvious that they can hurt us that way after we shipped in 4 goals against them at home..

We should have sat deep ourselves stop davis running into no man's land and leaving our defenders with on running strikers.. make them creat something. Get frustrated then hit them when they leave gaps.

There's no over reaction on here from anyone. Just people gutted that we've gifted the game to the opponents by being silly with our game.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 13:32 - Dec 23 with 1215 viewsBlueschev

It’s looked to me like a newly promoted prem team against an established prem team. They’ve just done things better and faster than us. Our fullbacks have been poor and they’ve isolated Horst and Morsey. They’re a decent side.
3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 13:32 - Dec 23 with 1197 viewsHerbivore

Agree that it's not a 3-0 game, much like in the game at PR they've managed to make us pay for every single defensive lapse. All three goals were poor defensively, Leif really didn't cover himself in glory for goals two and three. The first goal was a killer though as it's allowed them to take no risks and look to hit us on the break and much as it was poor defending, with a remotely competent ref they don't win the corner in the first place.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 13:33 - Dec 23 with 1185 viewsDaninthecampo

Todays game was always going to be about the 1st goal, despite Sky's BS that was a clear foul on Chappers and changes the whole game. Leeds are a very good team confidence up and dangerous on the counter.
Early goal this half and you never know what may happen but yes game is likely to be gone But preseason would we ever think we'd win this one?
3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 13:34 - Dec 23 with 1142 viewsGarv

3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 13:29 - Dec 23 by redrickstuhaart

Possession is even.

Our approach relies on transitions. So does theirs. If their quick strong forward line is on song, its the perfect counter to us. Like two big hitting boxers toe to toe.

People say we have a good front four on paper. It's crap compared to theirs (again on paper). We're just superbly coached.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 13:37 - Dec 23 with 1102 viewsbluefunk

3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 13:32 - Dec 23 by FrimleyBlue

Here we go again. There is no drama on here.

It is a 0-3 game as they've scored 3 goals.

They've hit us on the counter which was blindingly obvious that they can hurt us that way after we shipped in 4 goals against them at home..

We should have sat deep ourselves stop davis running into no man's land and leaving our defenders with on running strikers.. make them creat something. Get frustrated then hit them when they leave gaps.

There's no over reaction on here from anyone. Just people gutted that we've gifted the game to the opponents by being silly with our game.

Your whole post is an over reaction.

The idea that your tactical analysis is superior to KM’s is laughable - the fact that 12 months ago the team we are playing were 2 leagues ahead of us, kept most of their players and are undefeated at home this season seems to have passed you by.
3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 13:42 - Dec 23 with 1039 viewsFrimleyBlue

3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 13:37 - Dec 23 by bluefunk

Your whole post is an over reaction.

The idea that your tactical analysis is superior to KM’s is laughable - the fact that 12 months ago the team we are playing were 2 leagues ahead of us, kept most of their players and are undefeated at home this season seems to have passed you by.

It's no over reaction. I said before the game i felt we could be losing this one 0-4. But I felt KM might have changed the way we went into this specific game to stop that from happening. He hasn't.

Not claiming I know better than KM at all. He's young and this may help him in the future that sometimes you do need to go against what normally works.

But going back to the over reaction thing. There hasn't been any

Waka waka eh eh

3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 13:53 - Dec 23 with 996 viewsbluefunk

3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 13:42 - Dec 23 by FrimleyBlue

It's no over reaction. I said before the game i felt we could be losing this one 0-4. But I felt KM might have changed the way we went into this specific game to stop that from happening. He hasn't.

Not claiming I know better than KM at all. He's young and this may help him in the future that sometimes you do need to go against what normally works.

But going back to the over reaction thing. There hasn't been any

“We should have sat deep ourselves stop davis running into no man's land and leaving our defenders with on running strikers.. make them creat something. Get frustrated then hit them when they leave gaps.”

No, definitely not claiming you know better than KM
3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 13:56 - Dec 23 with 966 viewsFrimleyBlue

3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 13:53 - Dec 23 by bluefunk

“We should have sat deep ourselves stop davis running into no man's land and leaving our defenders with on running strikers.. make them creat something. Get frustrated then hit them when they leave gaps.”

No just a poster sharing their thoughts.

The only facts we have is we've played our usual way and been easily beaten. Ripped apart etc.

The if is what if we hadn't played our usual way..

We can't get the answer to that.

Waka waka eh eh

3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 14:03 - Dec 23 with 917 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 13:53 - Dec 23 by bluefunk

To be fair I think he’s spot on here. Leeds haven’t been in great form recently, but we’ve just been wide open and made it easy for them. We should’ve sat a bit deeper, frustrated them and the crowd and played on the break.
Whichever way you play, you can’t legislate for frankly awful defending though.
3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 14:03 - Dec 23 with 910 viewsChrisd

They exposed us at PR with their pace up front and conuterattacking, this was always going to be a tough game, too many of our players having off days and Leeds showing they will be a huge threat for the top 2. There’s little doubt they are a very decent side at this level. Leicester now is a huge game, but I think they’ll have too much for us too.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 15:02 - Dec 23 with 807 viewsClareBlue

They did the same at PR. A real quality strike force that is unequaled in the division. But it cost them 70 million, which you can only afford to fund with very rich owners and or premiership cash. We haven't got either and are still 7 pts ahead, so onwards we go and just take it on the chin.
3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 15:09 - Dec 23 with 768 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

But that wasn’t because we were dictating things! It was by design. Kept their shape and massively exposed us with pace and quality.
3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 15:56 - Dec 23 with 698 viewspointofblue

3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 14:03 - Dec 23 by Chrisd

They exposed us at PR with their pace up front and conuterattacking, this was always going to be a tough game, too many of our players having off days and Leeds showing they will be a huge threat for the top 2. There’s little doubt they are a very decent side at this level. Leicester now is a huge game, but I think they’ll have too much for us too.

I'm sort of with Frimmers on this one. They exposed us at Portman Road using this approach, we went to Elland Road and tried exactly the same thing.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 15:59 - Dec 23 with 683 viewsRadlett_blue

3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 15:56 - Dec 23 by pointofblue

I'm sort of with Frimmers on this one. They exposed us at Portman Road using this approach, we went to Elland Road and tried exactly the same thing.

I'll be interested if McKenna changes his game plan for Leicester, who also have a quality squad at this level.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 16:03 - Dec 23 with 655 viewspointofblue

3 goals all come from punishing us on the counter attack on 15:59 - Dec 23 by Radlett_blue

I'll be interested if McKenna changes his game plan for Leicester, who also have a quality squad at this level.

The issue is the short turnaround - especially with Christmas in the way too. Not much time to try and implement a new plan. Indeed, we may not have a proper opportunity until after Stoke.

Hopefully he has been training the players in different approaches but, if so, disappointed that didn't show today.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024