Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards 17:59 - Jul 12 with 13267 viewsSwansea_Blue

His wife dobbed him in (or rather announced on his behalf)
[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 18:16]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 18:02 - Jul 12 with 6183 viewsCoastalblue

Crazy how most of the country seemed to know this, was genuinely surprised when I first saw but it seemed to come up so often it was almost certainly him.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 18:02 - Jul 12 with 6183 viewsEastTownBlue

He is currently in hospital receiving care for “serious mental health issues” according to the BBC news.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 18:06]
R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 18:02 - Jul 12 with 6183 viewsfactual_blue

'Vicky Flind, the wife of news reader Huw Edwards, has named him as the BBC presenter facing allegations over payments for sexually explicit images in a statement issued on his behalf.'

So not really dobbed him in.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 18:04 - Jul 12 with 6142 viewsMullet

This has become such an unsightly mess too. Regardless of the rights and wrongs, there are people in the media who seem to have acted badly beyond the man in question.

It will be really interesting in a way how the fallout from this blows across different groups.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 18:08 - Jul 12 with 6068 viewsCheltenham_Blue

She didn't 'dobb' him in.

He's had a breakdown and has been hospitalised. She's done this to stop the speculation and help him.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 18:09 - Jul 12 with 6001 viewsHerbivore

I can see the Sun headline tomorrow already: Huw Done It.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 18:12 - Jul 12 with 5912 viewsfactual_blue

R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 18:02 - Jul 12 by Coastalblue

Crazy how most of the country seemed to know this, was genuinely surprised when I first saw but it seemed to come up so often it was almost certainly him.

The statement doesn't actually admit to anything untoward on Huw's part. The apology is for the impact on colleagues.

R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 18:19 - Jul 12 with 5759 viewsSwansea_Blue

R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 18:02 - Jul 12 by factual_blue

'Vicky Flind, the wife of news reader Huw Edwards, has named him as the BBC presenter facing allegations over payments for sexually explicit images in a statement issued on his behalf.'

So not really dobbed him in.

Yes, not an initially announced that way but OP now updated.

What a horrible mess. Worth re-emphasising that there’s no suggestion of illegal activity too.

Login to get fewer ads

R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 18:23 - Jul 12 with 5704 viewsCheltenham_Blue

R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 18:19 - Jul 12 by Swansea_Blue

Yes, not an initially announced that way but OP now updated.

What a horrible mess. Worth re-emphasising that there’s no suggestion of illegal activity too.

Doesn't matter now. Police could clear him completely and his career is over because the amateur detectives on twitter have decided that he is a nonce.

I can only assume that now the Sun will be going after any celebrity that has ever paid for OnlyFans.

R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 18:24 - Jul 12 with 5684 viewsfactual_blue

R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 18:09 - Jul 12 by Herbivore

Not 'Sun bullies mentally ill man' then?

R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 18:29 - Jul 12 with 5632 viewsSwansea_Blue

R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 18:23 - Jul 12 by Cheltenham_Blue

Doesn't matter now. Police could clear him completely and his career is over because the amateur detectives on twitter have decided that he is a nonce.

I can only assume that now the Sun will be going after any celebrity that has ever paid for OnlyFans.

Off the back of the Sun reporting an un-named presenter was such. There’s going to be all sorts of fallout from this isn’t there? I don’t think the possibility to sue (if that is possible given they didn’t name him) should be seen as a get out. They shouldn’t be able to make unsubstantiated allegations in the first place.

R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 18:31 - Jul 12 with 5596 viewsTrequartista

R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 18:02 - Jul 12 by Coastalblue

Became pretty obvious when it was announced as a top male presenter on tv, and all other candidates ruled themselves out.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 18:33 - Jul 12 with 5585 viewsjaykay

strange whenever i put in h in google hotmail is normally first on the list which i would click on so my hotmail would load. the last few days huw edwards would be top of the list.
so google was trying to tell me something

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 18:36 - Jul 12 with 5560 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Great, now we can all move on, and allow individuals to have private lives.
R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 18:41 - Jul 12 with 5519 viewsCheltenham_Blue

R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 18:36 - Jul 12 by ArnoldMoorhen

Great, now we can all move on, and allow individuals to have private lives.

Apparently not. Some on here want it to go further.

R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 18:45 - Jul 12 with 5498 viewsMelford

As far as this has gone nothing illegal has gone on, the Met said so.

" Her statement came shortly after the Metropolitan police said there was no evidence that Edwards committed a criminal offence, and the force would end its inquiries relating to the case."

Bit like Schofield, morally bad and scandalous but he hasn't done anything to break the law.

It's like modern day witch hunts, try to smear it with something sinister and peado with a big dash of homophobia because they were both dabbling with young men.

[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 19:02]

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 18:53 - Jul 12 with 5410 viewsIllinoisblue

R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 18:24 - Jul 12 by factual_blue

With a sub-head of “and yes we’ll keep on trying to bring down the BBC”

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 19:00 - Jul 12 with 5312 viewsWeWereZombies

R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 18:24 - Jul 12 by factual_blue

They are more likely to go with 'Have I Got Huws For You' or 'Not The Nine O'Clock Huws', which will only serve to emphasise that comedy programmes are more reliable sources of what the news is than The Sun.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 19:11 - Jul 12 with 5241 viewsthe_toff

R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 18:45 - Jul 12 by Melford

As far as this has gone nothing illegal has gone on, the Met said so.

" Her statement came shortly after the Metropolitan police said there was no evidence that Edwards committed a criminal offence, and the force would end its inquiries relating to the case."

Bit like Schofield, morally bad and scandalous but he hasn't done anything to break the law.

It's like modern day witch hunts, try to smear it with something sinister and peado with a big dash of homophobia because they were both dabbling with young men.

[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 19:02]

I assumed those he had been in contact with were young women.
R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 19:13 - Jul 12 with 5241 viewsKievthegreat

R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 18:29 - Jul 12 by Swansea_Blue

Off the back of the Sun reporting an un-named presenter was such. There’s going to be all sorts of fallout from this isn’t there? I don’t think the possibility to sue (if that is possible given they didn’t name him) should be seen as a get out. They shouldn’t be able to make unsubstantiated allegations in the first place.

It should be possible to sue, regardless of whether the Sun report his name.

10 or so years ago the BBC got sued by Lord McAlpine despite not actually naming him. People were able to deduce through multiple sources who was being talked about and the BBC still made unfounded accusations. If the Sun have done the same, then they would in theory still be just as liable.
R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 19:26 - Jul 12 with 5147 viewsJohnTy

I have been talking today with refugees about the horrors unfolding in Sudan and wonder why something like the private antics of a journalist has been dominating our news for several days. It's almost as if Murdoch sets the news agenda.
R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 19:32 - Jul 12 with 5079 viewsRyorry

R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 19:26 - Jul 12 by JohnTy

I have been talking today with refugees about the horrors unfolding in Sudan and wonder why something like the private antics of a journalist has been dominating our news for several days. It's almost as if Murdoch sets the news agenda.

Johnson refusing to hand over his phone or unlock it doesn’t seem to have been mentioned much either.

The MP accused of rape also seems to have disappeared from msm.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 19:32 - Jul 12 with 5071 viewsHARRY10

R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 19:11 - Jul 12 by the_toff

I assumed those he had been in contact with were young women.

Above the age of consent, I suppose you mean, One step up from the Sun's use of the words child and youngster to describe a 20 year old woman.
R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 19:36 - Jul 12 with 5018 viewsHARRY10

R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 18:09 - Jul 12 by Herbivore

"Bonkers Huw locked up"

https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/sun-gets-hammering-bonkers-bruno-story/19
R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 19:37 - Jul 12 with 5006 viewsthe_toff

R4 just announced it’s Huw Edwards on 19:32 - Jul 12 by HARRY10

Above the age of consent, I suppose you mean, One step up from the Sun's use of the words child and youngster to describe a 20 year old woman.

I’m not really following it but I thought the contact was with a then 17 year old? I would describe 17 as young, certainly relative to him.

Not suggesting there’s anything criminal about it, I don’t know the ins and outs and the police appear to have concluded he’s done nothing legally wrong. But not sure what your angle is when you’re nitpicking at the use of the word ‘young’ to describe a 17 year old to be honest.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024