Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone watching? 14:15 - Aug 25 with 2219 viewsuefacup81

How are we playing? I've got Twitter notifications from the club feed activated, and it sounds like we're doing well so far.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Anyone watching? on 14:16 - Aug 25 with 1893 viewsCokeIsKey

Yeah, our pressure and passing looks very good but we can’t play out from the back. Overall positive though.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Anyone watching? on 14:19 - Aug 25 with 1849 viewsFarmerpiles

Yep I am, looking good going forward, very shaky at the back tho. One excellent move involving Ward, Sears and then Teddy dancing his way into box and squaring ball only for defender to clear.
Anyone watching? on 14:34 - Aug 25 with 1660 viewsChrisd

Anyone watching? on 14:19 - Aug 25 by Farmerpiles

Yep I am, looking good going forward, very shaky at the back tho. One excellent move involving Ward, Sears and then Teddy dancing his way into box and squaring ball only for defender to clear.

It's good that we want to play out from the back, but when you look at our CBs who are comfortable with the ball at their feet, it's just Woolfie. The rest treat it like a hot potato, when under the slightest bit of pressure.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Anyone watching? on 14:36 - Aug 25 with 1603 viewsFixed_It

Anyone watching? on 14:34 - Aug 25 by Chrisd

It's good that we want to play out from the back, but when you look at our CBs who are comfortable with the ball at their feet, it's just Woolfie. The rest treat it like a hot potato, when under the slightest bit of pressure.

Hopefully will be a bit more comfortable against lesser opposition though. Maybe.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Anyone watching? on 14:39 - Aug 25 with 1564 viewsWestover

Yes playing well but mistakes at the back, Edwards off El Mis on
[Post edited 25 Aug 2020 14:40]
Anyone watching? on 14:39 - Aug 25 with 1563 viewsJammyDodgerrr

We've been more than holding our own and look the better side.

Been playing some really nice stuff to be honest, including from the back. Doz looks disinterested, barely been in it at all. El Mizouni now on.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Anyone watching? on 14:40 - Aug 25 with 1538 viewsFarmerpiles

Anyone watching? on 14:34 - Aug 25 by Chrisd

Agree but I suppose this is the identity style of play Town are going to persevere with, regardless of who's best to actually play that way. West Spam very wasteful with their chances so far, can see why Spurs were 3-0 by now. Good block by Holy just now.
Anyone watching? on 14:40 - Aug 25 with 1515 viewsRyorry

Anyone watching? on 14:39 - Aug 25 by JammyDodgerrr

Been playing some really nice stuff to be honest, including from the back. Doz looks disinterested, barely been in it at all. El Mizouni now on.

Doz involved in a clatter defending in or just outside the box, maybe took a knock?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone watching? on 14:41 - Aug 25 with 1513 viewsChrisd

Anyone watching? on 14:36 - Aug 25 by Fixed_It

Hopefully will be a bit more comfortable against lesser opposition though. Maybe.

Last season showed that they struggled with this against L1 sides. They just aren't comfortable with the ball at their feet.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Anyone watching? on 14:41 - Aug 25 with 1499 viewsxrayspecs

Ouch
Anyone watching? on 14:45 - Aug 25 with 1420 viewsclive_baker

Anyone watching? on 14:39 - Aug 25 by JammyDodgerrr

He's so frustrating when you see him pick it up and play the sort of ball he just did over the top. Having someone with the vision and ability to unpick a defence with a ball like that is so valuable, you just wish he could enforce himself more on a game for longer periods. Seems to go missing a lot.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Anyone watching? on 14:46 - Aug 25 with 1362 viewsglasso

I am. I swear that ball went out before he crossed it for the goal?
Anyone watching? on 14:46 - Aug 25 with 1360 viewsSparky85

1-0 WHU
Poor defending thinking ball had run out of play and Haller scored from 5 yards
Anyone watching? on 14:47 - Aug 25 with 1323 viewskizaitfc

Anyone watching? on 14:46 - Aug 25 by Sparky85

1-0 WHU
Poor defending thinking ball had run out of play and Haller scored from 5 yards

We can play all the nice football we want, but until we get this back four sorted we are going nowhere fast

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Anyone watching? on 14:47 - Aug 25 with 1310 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Anyone watching? on 14:45 - Aug 25 by clive_baker

He's so frustrating when you see him pick it up and play the sort of ball he just did over the top. Having someone with the vision and ability to unpick a defence with a ball like that is so valuable, you just wish he could enforce himself more on a game for longer periods. Seems to go missing a lot.

The problem is he just seems to wait for the ball and try and do that, he doesn't put in the kind of industry that is needed for the league we are in. Like just now he barely even touched Anderson to try and keep that ball in and earlier in the half when the ball hit him during our passage of play he didn't even try and win it back.

Poor goal to concede but not sure it should've counted anyway as the ball looked out. We don't deserve to be behind.

Bishop should've laid off to Downes and Drinan could've had a tap in but blasted it over instead.

Anyone watching? on 14:47 - Aug 25 with 1304 viewsTieDyedIn95

Same as, same as really - nothing up top, silly mistakes at the back. Nothing to get excited about either way.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Anyone watching? on 14:49 - Aug 25 with 1228 viewsRyorry

Anyone watching? on 14:46 - Aug 25 by glasso

I am. I swear that ball went out before he crossed it for the goal?

It bloody well did! The whole ball by at least 2 inches I'd say.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone watching? on 14:50 - Aug 25 with 1192 viewsJ2BLUE

We're playing well. Great to see Downes, Dozzell and Bishop all on the pitch together.

People seem to be forgetting we're without Woolf, KVY and a senior striker and still playing well against a team of (mostly) very good Prem players.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone watching? on 14:51 - Aug 25 with 1136 viewsvanmunt

Chambers... lordy lordy.
Anyone watching? on 14:53 - Aug 25 with 1084 viewsParky

Defence looks very suspect, Chambers and Ward shouldn’t be playing the same side IMO. Other than the defence, no arguments across the rest of the pitch, Dozzell looking very good in that holding role, spraying it nicely.

Hopefully Edwards’ sub isn’t an injury, as I think that’s the one area we need one more player is a winger. Sears looked off the boil to me; hopefully picks up.

Really impressed with our work rate and willingness to press against a very good passing side.
Anyone watching? on 14:54 - Aug 25 with 1050 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Playing ok without carrying too much threat. Most of our worrying moments have been self induced. Really not convinced that we have the players to play out from the back. Goal should have been disallowed imo. Downes ouzes class

Poll: Our final position

Anyone watching? on 14:54 - Aug 25 with 1041 viewsLankHenners

Have half an eye on a stream in a separate tab. Looked fairly even, West Ham playing in a lower gear, should have scored at least once before they did (which wasn't great defending).

Positives from that - some nice play, Downes looking very good, being a pain, winning the ball back, driving forwards, Ward certainly a 'leader' by the way he's very vocal and pointing where people should be/the ball should go.

Negatives - some dodgy moments where both Chambers and Nsiala haven't communicated with Holy and conceded needless corners/what should have been a goal, eventual goal not defended particularly well even if ball looked to have gone out. Not a great deal of goal threat other than a good strike from range by Downes and a less good one from Bishop.

Put that half down in the 'encouraging but things to work on' folder.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Anyone watching? on 14:56 - Aug 25 with 991 viewsrickw

Anyone watching? on 14:51 - Aug 25 by vanmunt

Chambers... lordy lordy.

Yeah he's been dodgy, if Haller could shoot he should have had 3.
Downes and Bishop been our best players so far

WHU should have had a penalty earlier too when Dozzell tried to chest a cross and it hit his wrist, but I don't think he's done as bad as what some others have said, he's made some good forward passes

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Anyone watching? on 14:59 - Aug 25 with 936 viewscaptainfantastic

Anyone watching? on 14:56 - Aug 25 by rickw

Yeah he's been dodgy, if Haller could shoot he should have had 3.
Downes and Bishop been our best players so far

WHU should have had a penalty earlier too when Dozzell tried to chest a cross and it hit his wrist, but I don't think he's done as bad as what some others have said, he's made some good forward passes

That's the best half of footy I've seen Dozzell play, excellent

Poll: player of the season so far?

Anyone watching? on 15:17 - Aug 25 with 787 viewsJammyDodgerrr

West Ham all over us this half, we look shattered and they have stepped it up.

Good goal from sears just now though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024