Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert interview and interpretation 22:34 - Dec 27 with 2709 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Just listened to it and you can feel how frustrated and down he is which isn't ideal. Someone mentioned earlier how he had been like it earlier in this season. I recall one interview also in Germany he was a bit off.

I noticed he deflected a question about whether any chats with Evans and Lee. I think this is only partially to do with results now. Like earlier in the summer he started getting really frustrated on signings/permissions to spend. Previous recent interview also focussed on disagreeing with Evans on some things. I think he has been told no signings or at least cant splash cash on who he would like. I think Lambert is rolling the dice a bit here like he did before and resulted in KVY and Keane. Risky but I believe he actually would rather go then not get what he feels needs. Wasn't this similar with Blackburn.

I think Evans has been quite fair in summer so interesting how this will play out. Think internal relations are likely a bit stretched!

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Lambert interview and interpretation on 22:41 - Dec 27 with 2325 viewsfooters

As he's so keen on rotation, perhaps we should rotate the manager too? Poor thing seems so stressed.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Lambert interview and interpretation on 22:46 - Dec 27 with 2278 viewsLankHenners

It'd be frustrating for any manager to work with Evans at times but they know what the deal is before they sign up so can't really complain when it gets to transfer time and there's only a couple of quid behind the back of the sofa to work with.

Also, Lambert should be more concerned with his primary job of managing the team he has, which is more than good enough to be performing much better than it currently is, of which he's doing a less than impressive job of to put it kindly.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Lambert interview and interpretation on 07:48 - Dec 28 with 1889 viewsChrisd

But I thought this squad was streets ahead of anything in this league, why does he need to sign anybody else? Makes you think, if we did get promoted this season this team needs major surgery just to survive in the Championship, can't see ME sanctioning a major overhaul. L1 and its financial constraints suits ME's level of investment now, why would he want to go back up and have to invest heavily? If he is looking to offload the club, surely he'd want to keep costings down to a minimum staying in this league would make total sense from his point of view?
[Post edited 28 Dec 2019 14:20]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Lambert interview and interpretation on 08:09 - Dec 28 with 1843 viewsPecker

Lambert told us that this squad was the best in the league. Lambert has won this league before, so is the right man for the job. Lambert can work with no money to spend. Lambert has a record of finding talent in the lower leagues. Lambert can turn ordinary players into star performers. All of the above is just words. The proof is in the pudding. Lambert has to go now, so we can build for next season back in the championship. Wasn't sure when he was appointed, but wanted to give him time and see. Well, he has had time and I do not like what I am seeing.
Lambert interview and interpretation on 08:09 - Dec 28 with 1841 viewspennblue

PL is clearly an emotional chap. We did not play well enough, and he is probably frustrated as all of us are. He may no be able to clearly see what the answer is right now, has some resistance from players about rotation policy, and evans on top saying the purse it shut too. It must be tough to walk into a presser and speak when you feel like that.

He does not need the job, or the money, so I can quite understand that if things are not panning out, he can just walk.

He may also not have the ideal personality for the level of insecurity a football management position holds. There is no protection for these guys like there is in a real management office job, if the owner wants him out, he is out.

As we are 2nd in the table, he should feel 100% confident in his position right now, despite the recent results.

I think everyone needs to get a grip, the fans need to focus on supporting the team in the same way they were 8 weeks ago, and the players need to focus on putting in 150% effort to be 1st the ball, and to get the ball down on the deck and start playing football again, because that is what is going to yield results.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Lambert interview and interpretation on 08:10 - Dec 28 with 1837 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Lambert interview and interpretation on 07:48 - Dec 28 by Chrisd

But I thought this squad was streets ahead of anything in this league, why does he need to sign anybody else? Makes you think, if we did get promoted this season this team needs major surgery just to survive in the Championship, can't see ME sanctioning a major overhaul. L1 and its financial constraints suits ME's level of investment now, why would he want to go back up and have to invest heavily? If he is looking to offload the club, surely he'd want to keep costings down to a minimum staying in this league would make total sense from his point of view?

Our squad is a strange one for me. We do have quality and certainly more depth then most. We also have some players with tremendous potential e.g. downes, Dozzell.etc.

We don't have many 'game changers' though if that makes sense. Players that can suddenly produce something out of nothing. There is nobody who stands out as being streets ahead of the other players. We have a squad of good players. Similar to say Man Utd in recent years (obvs comparatively in their league vs us as League 1 team). It's partly the reason Lambert rotates, it's like for like quality. Huws and Bishop are the players who would.Make the most difference. I've been praying Huws would be back to his best by Christmas. Judge has the ability as well but not a good season by his standards.

I feels Lambert probably wants to buy someone to make a difference and that will cost. No point just another head.

Lambert interview and interpretation on 08:11 - Dec 28 with 1832 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Lambert interview and interpretation on 08:09 - Dec 28 by Pecker

Lambert told us that this squad was the best in the league. Lambert has won this league before, so is the right man for the job. Lambert can work with no money to spend. Lambert has a record of finding talent in the lower leagues. Lambert can turn ordinary players into star performers. All of the above is just words. The proof is in the pudding. Lambert has to go now, so we can build for next season back in the championship. Wasn't sure when he was appointed, but wanted to give him time and see. Well, he has had time and I do not like what I am seeing.

I don't agree. I also think the first line is made up. I.might be wrong but when has he ever said that?

Lambert interview and interpretation on 08:23 - Dec 28 with 1789 viewsChrisd

Lambert interview and interpretation on 08:10 - Dec 28 by Terry_Nutkins

Our squad is a strange one for me. We do have quality and certainly more depth then most. We also have some players with tremendous potential e.g. downes, Dozzell.etc.

We don't have many 'game changers' though if that makes sense. Players that can suddenly produce something out of nothing. There is nobody who stands out as being streets ahead of the other players. We have a squad of good players. Similar to say Man Utd in recent years (obvs comparatively in their league vs us as League 1 team). It's partly the reason Lambert rotates, it's like for like quality. Huws and Bishop are the players who would.Make the most difference. I've been praying Huws would be back to his best by Christmas. Judge has the ability as well but not a good season by his standards.

I feels Lambert probably wants to buy someone to make a difference and that will cost. No point just another head.

I certainly agree that we do have some quality that other teams would be envious of, but I also feel that our judgement of the squad's overall ability is clouded by the shear volume of players we have. For example, for all the wide options PL has available would other L1 clubs be clambering to sign any of them currently? Garbutt maybe. We've got others in our squad that I wouldn't lose sleep over if they were moved on. The fact they play in a blue shirt doesn't automatically mean they are the envy of other L1 sides. I doubt very much whether Wycombe, Oxford or Portsmouth would want to trade up the majority of their sides for ours. Based on the other night, I don't think Steve Evans would even at Gillingham.

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert interview and interpretation on 08:45 - Dec 28 with 1737 viewsGuthrum

Lambert interview and interpretation on 07:48 - Dec 28 by Chrisd

Going back up significantly increases income, too.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Lambert interview and interpretation on 08:48 - Dec 28 with 1719 viewsChrisd

Lambert interview and interpretation on 08:45 - Dec 28 by Guthrum

Going back up significantly increases income, too.

That's true Guthrum, but would that be enough for ME if he knows he's going to need to put his hand in his pocket to maintain our status in that league especially if he is losing interest due to the amount of money he has lost since he has become our owner without getting much in return?
[Post edited 28 Dec 2019 8:55]

Lambert interview and interpretation on 08:54 - Dec 28 with 1695 viewsGuthrum

Lambert interview and interpretation on 08:09 - Dec 28 by Pecker

How many of the squad are not smashing it in League One as we were all expecting in August? Judge, Huws, Dozzell, Keane, Kenlock are all supposedly of a much higher standard. Edwards, Nolan, Donacien, Nsiala all at least good at this level. Which among those has really shone?

Lambert interview and interpretation on 08:59 - Dec 28 with 1671 viewsGuthrum

Lambert interview and interpretation on 08:48 - Dec 28 by Chrisd

That's true Guthrum, but would that be enough for ME if he knows he's going to need to put his hand in his pocket to maintain our status in that league especially if he is losing interest due to the amount of money he has lost since he has become our owner without getting much in return?
[Post edited 28 Dec 2019 8:55]

Swings and roundabouts. He has to put his hand in his pocket just as much now, due to the severe reduction in TV income. Doubt it's that much different to last season. Plus going up will at least maintain the gate revenue, staying down might well see it decline.

Lambert interview and interpretation on 09:00 - Dec 28 with 1662 viewsGeoffSentence

Lambert interview and interpretation on 08:54 - Dec 28 by Guthrum

How many of the squad are not smashing it in League One as we were all expecting in August? Judge, Huws, Dozzell, Keane, Kenlock are all supposedly of a much higher standard. Edwards, Nolan, Donacien, Nsiala all at least good at this level. Which among those has really shone?

Nsiala has stood out.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Lambert interview and interpretation on 09:03 - Dec 28 with 1637 viewsHerbivore

I really don't like his negativity. It's no good for anyone and it's been an issue from day one really when he was telling anyone who'd listen what an absolute mess the club was on and off the pitch. Contrast that with Mick coming in under similar circumstances, winning his first game and saying to the players they should be sorry for losing the previous manager his job when they can play like that. One of them kept us up, the other looks to be a fraud. Messaging is important but not in the way PR Paul thinks.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2019 9:06]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert interview and interpretation on 09:08 - Dec 28 with 1619 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

He won’t walk as he has no leverage. When he left Blackburn he’d only failed in his last 2 managerial appointments and his success at Norwich was still relatively recent

Now he’d have failed in his last 5 with his last real success being 8 years ago

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Lambert interview and interpretation on 09:20 - Dec 28 with 1563 viewsPinewoodblue

Not sure, if I was Evans, that I would want to make money available. If it was obvious that we just needed one player it would be different but with PL making changes weekly in all areas clearly PL has no focus at this time. Saying the fans are great isn’t enough.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Lambert interview and interpretation on 09:25 - Dec 28 with 1559 viewsRadlett_blue

Lambert interview and interpretation on 08:54 - Dec 28 by Guthrum

A good manager makes a team more than the sum of its parts. Lambert has been doing the opposite and it's incredibly frustrating that most supporters quite rationally think it's largely down to his constant changing of formations & personnel. However, Lambert won't discuss this.
As far as the owner is concerned, Lambert has still been saying "Marcus is a brilliant owner" recently so why is Lambert now so disenchanted? I presume he dislikes the ingratitude from the fans after some dreadful recent home performances. If he walks, I wouldn't be too sorry & I reckon an experienced new man like Warnock would have a better chance of getting this squad promoted.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Lambert interview and interpretation on 09:29 - Dec 28 with 1528 viewsOxford_Blue

Lambert interview and interpretation on 09:25 - Dec 28 by Radlett_blue

A good manager makes a team more than the sum of its parts. Lambert has been doing the opposite and it's incredibly frustrating that most supporters quite rationally think it's largely down to his constant changing of formations & personnel. However, Lambert won't discuss this.
As far as the owner is concerned, Lambert has still been saying "Marcus is a brilliant owner" recently so why is Lambert now so disenchanted? I presume he dislikes the ingratitude from the fans after some dreadful recent home performances. If he walks, I wouldn't be too sorry & I reckon an experienced new man like Warnock would have a better chance of getting this squad promoted.

All that matters is the league position.

We are currently in the promotion place.

I agree the team has clearly hit bad form, but to sack the manager when we are second place would be a poor decision unless we can bring in someone better - but who would that be? Who realistically is going to take the job with no funds available?

If we slip further down the table - and we may well do it this run continues - then my view will change. But we are second. It’s hardly a disaster.
Lambert interview and interpretation on 09:33 - Dec 28 with 1508 viewsHerbivore

Lambert interview and interpretation on 09:29 - Dec 28 by Oxford_Blue

I agree the team has clearly hit bad form, but to sack the manager when we are second place would be a poor decision unless we can bring in someone better - but who would that be? Who realistically is going to take the job with no funds available?

If we slip further down the table - and we may well do it this run continues - then my view will change. But we are second. It’s hardly a disaster.

A trained monkey could have this squad top two, I wouldn't worry too much about being able to find a replacement.

Lambert interview and interpretation on 09:43 - Dec 28 with 1470 viewsr2d2

Lambert interview and interpretation on 08:10 - Dec 28 by Terry_Nutkins

Disagree. The quality isnt there. People keep banging on about it. But we havent seen any. We are weak, soft touches. You have to earn the right to play your football and we arnt hard enough to win the battle first.
Lambert interview and interpretation on 09:43 - Dec 28 with 1468 viewsStadiumofdark

Lambert interview and interpretation on 09:33 - Dec 28 by Herbivore

A trained monkey could have this squad top two, I wouldn't worry too much about being able to find a replacement.

0-0 at home, not looking like scoring, and he makes one sub. Bringing on a rusty Sears. It's all very odd.

So many odd decisions it's beyond comprehension. We should be 10 points clear, not celebrating being second behind Wycombe
Lambert interview and interpretation on 09:55 - Dec 28 with 1423 viewsHerbivore

Lambert interview and interpretation on 09:43 - Dec 28 by Stadiumofdark

0-0 at home, not looking like scoring, and he makes one sub. Bringing on a rusty Sears. It's all very odd.

So many odd decisions it's beyond comprehension. We should be 10 points clear, not celebrating being second behind Wycombe

He's done as a manager and I think he knows it. It's like watching a boxer when they become shot, they just can't do the things they used to be able to do and they end up taking a beating. He's no longer got whatever 'magic' he had at Norwich and he's not had it for quite a long time now.

Lambert interview and interpretation on 09:58 - Dec 28 with 1416 viewsRadlett_blue

I wouldn't sack Lambert now. We are still 2nd in the league & I'm sure Evans doesn't want to pay him off & sack another manager after only a year of his tenure.
What I said was that I wouldn't be sorry if Lambert walked and I would rather he did walk instead of making negative, cryptic comments. Rather like the stage when Mick's post game press conferences inevitably included some sniping at the supporters.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Lambert interview and interpretation on 09:59 - Dec 28 with 1412 viewsPinewoodblue

Are our northern neighbours referring to him as Agent Lambert yet?

2023 year of destiny

Lambert interview and interpretation on 10:13 - Dec 28 with 1378 viewsPinewoodblue

Never mind top two if we don’t win either of the next two games we are likely to be outside the play off places.

2023 year of destiny

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024