Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert interview and interpretation 22:34 - Dec 27 with 2727 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Just listened to it and you can feel how frustrated and down he is which isn't ideal. Someone mentioned earlier how he had been like it earlier in this season. I recall one interview also in Germany he was a bit off.

I noticed he deflected a question about whether any chats with Evans and Lee. I think this is only partially to do with results now. Like earlier in the summer he started getting really frustrated on signings/permissions to spend. Previous recent interview also focussed on disagreeing with Evans on some things. I think he has been told no signings or at least cant splash cash on who he would like. I think Lambert is rolling the dice a bit here like he did before and resulted in KVY and Keane. Risky but I believe he actually would rather go then not get what he feels needs. Wasn't this similar with Blackburn.

I think Evans has been quite fair in summer so interesting how this will play out. Think internal relations are likely a bit stretched!

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Lambert interview and interpretation on 10:18 - Dec 28 with 342 viewsGuthrum

Lambert interview and interpretation on 09:25 - Dec 28 by Radlett_blue

A good manager makes a team more than the sum of its parts. Lambert has been doing the opposite and it's incredibly frustrating that most supporters quite rationally think it's largely down to his constant changing of formations & personnel. However, Lambert won't discuss this.
As far as the owner is concerned, Lambert has still been saying "Marcus is a brilliant owner" recently so why is Lambert now so disenchanted? I presume he dislikes the ingratitude from the fans after some dreadful recent home performances. If he walks, I wouldn't be too sorry & I reckon an experienced new man like Warnock would have a better chance of getting this squad promoted.

From what I've seen, the biggest problems are not having a tactic which works and lack of confidence in front of goal.

We have nobody who can or will run with the ball. Passing is not sufficiently precise. Our only "out ball" is the long punt out from FB for someone to chase. Then, if they do catch up, it takes too long for support to arrive for the cross.

Finally, nobody seems willing to just shoot. There's always another pass.

The rotation and formation shuffling is just Lambert trying to use his best players as much as possible, but they aren't delivering.

Doubt Warnock would drop to L1 now.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Lambert interview and interpretation on 10:33 - Dec 28 with 319 viewsBudapestByBlimp

Lambert interview and interpretation on 09:55 - Dec 28 by Herbivore

He's done as a manager and I think he knows it. It's like watching a boxer when they become shot, they just can't do the things they used to be able to do and they end up taking a beating. He's no longer got whatever 'magic' he had at Norwich and he's not had it for quite a long time now.

Although I agree with your statement it could apply to any of our previous managers under Evans; even Mick the most experienced of our recent managers looked broken in his last year. When we have a list of managers underachieving there must be other, underlying reasons (as Hurst and Lambert have openly alluded to).
Lambert interview and interpretation on 10:59 - Dec 28 with 299 viewsHerbivore

Lambert interview and interpretation on 10:33 - Dec 28 by BudapestByBlimp

Although I agree with your statement it could apply to any of our previous managers under Evans; even Mick the most experienced of our recent managers looked broken in his last year. When we have a list of managers underachieving there must be other, underlying reasons (as Hurst and Lambert have openly alluded to).

I think with Mick it was about the situation more than anything. His contract was running down, fans were against him. On the pitch he had us top half in the Championship. That seems a long time ago now. Lambert looks like someone who doesn't know how to manage anymore. He's miles off doing the basics right.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert interview and interpretation on 13:57 - Dec 28 with 243 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Lambert interview and interpretation on 09:43 - Dec 28 by r2d2

Disagree. The quality isnt there. People keep banging on about it. But we havent seen any. We are weak, soft touches. You have to earn the right to play your football and we arnt hard enough to win the battle first.

I think you misunderstood what i was trying to say. We have some quality but there aren't any outstanding players in the side. Thats what we are missing. I wasn't saying we are a team packed full of tip quality. I think that is the misconception people had coming into the season. That we would walk it and all ournplayers are better than L1. They are not. They are good enough for L1. Some better but nobody to really good enough for us to steam roll past teams.

We have players with potential to play higher. But you won't get the consistency. Makes it tricky for Lambert and he has tried to get around things a bit with rotation but thats not working now.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024