Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? 16:00 - Dec 1 with 2805 viewsMullet

Still these are the days where everything is great again right?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 16:01 - Dec 1 with 2524 viewspointofblue

What?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 16:04 - Dec 1 with 2445 viewsBlueBadger

We're still in the third round draw. What atime to be alive.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 16:08 - Dec 1 with 2406 viewsGeoffSentence

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 16:01 - Dec 1 by pointofblue

What?

glad I'm not the only confused one

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 16:11 - Dec 1 with 2353 viewsSitfcB

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 16:01 - Dec 1 by pointofblue

What?

This game only happened because we won against Lincoln in the 94th minute.

Swings and roundabouts, innit.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 16:15 - Dec 1 with 2315 viewsMullet

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 16:11 - Dec 1 by SitfcB

This game only happened because we won against Lincoln in the 94th minute.

Swings and roundabouts, innit.

Although Judge's goal there was about 87 times better than the one we conceded. Very frustrating again.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 16:18 - Dec 1 with 2282 viewsmadmouse1959

Just shows how far this great club has fallen. Struggling to beat League One teams and little cup excitement over the last 10 seasons. I could see a non league team beating us in a cup game.

Great support as usual but crikes, the supporters need to see an emphatic win more often. Even a convincing performance would help. We won,t survive in the Championship unless we recruit better players.

shampoo dave

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 17:00 - Dec 1 with 2115 viewsWickets

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 16:18 - Dec 1 by madmouse1959

Just shows how far this great club has fallen. Struggling to beat League One teams and little cup excitement over the last 10 seasons. I could see a non league team beating us in a cup game.

Great support as usual but crikes, the supporters need to see an emphatic win more often. Even a convincing performance would help. We won,t survive in the Championship unless we recruit better players.

We won't survive in the Championship ! Crystal ball job done .
We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 17:04 - Dec 1 with 2083 viewsjeera

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 17:00 - Dec 1 by Wickets

Certainly not in our current guise we wouldn't.

Some serious investment, but spent wisely by the right man, will be needed.

Still need to get back there first though.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 17:05 - Dec 1 with 2080 viewsBLUEBEAT

We all like football, don’t we?

More games means more football, doesn’t it?

Such fun!

Poll: W or W

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 18:02 - Dec 1 with 1970 viewscharlie1

That’s certainly true.

If we’d scored in the 52nd minute instead that would also be true. Ditto the 28th minute.

I take it if we get to Wembley you won’t go, seeing as it took a 94th minute winner against Lincoln to progress that far?
We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 18:52 - Dec 1 with 1896 viewshaynes_toe1

I'd rather be in the cup still than not. Not really fussed about how it happens.

More concern about our lack of overall style, but we've not lost again.
We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 19:32 - Dec 1 with 1839 viewsjaykay

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 16:18 - Dec 1 by madmouse1959

so you missed lincoln beating us then

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 02:08 - Dec 2 with 1670 viewseddiespearitt03

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 19:32 - Dec 1 by jaykay

so you missed lincoln beating us then

I think he was referring to this seasons cup run. If we get drawn to non league Fylde away there is a wee chance Paul Lambert,s squad rotation scheme would need rotating till we get a winning team..
We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 08:44 - Dec 2 with 1521 viewsKeaneish

What’s wrong with this post? In my eyes it’s...

- an excuse to have a jibe at fans who disagree with the OPs views
- a simmering underlying resentment for any new managerial team since MM
- a malaise for anything positive this season which will be brushed off as “minimum expected”
- a bitterness toward being in the third tier because we’re too big a club

Have I missed any of the undertones which are attached to every post you write these days?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 08:50 - Dec 2 with 1505 viewsSwansea_Blue

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 17:04 - Dec 1 by jeera

Certainly not in our current guise we wouldn't.

Some serious investment, but spent wisely by the right man, will be needed.

Still need to get back there first though.

I spot at least one flaw with you cunning plan. I think we've had ME long enough to know that the chances of serious investment are both pretty slim. I'm not even convinced we've got, or are likely to get, the right man either (for doing reasonably well in the Championship, but that's certainly arguable and may be harsh).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 10:19 - Dec 2 with 1429 viewsTractorCam

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 17:00 - Dec 1 by Wickets

Well that's that then, better get Lambert out now!

Hard to believe we're in the top 2 and have only lost 4 games out of 24 this season, you wouldn't believe it looking at this forum.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 10:21 - Dec 2 with 1419 viewsTractorCam

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 08:50 - Dec 2 by Swansea_Blue

I spot at least one flaw with you cunning plan. I think we've had ME long enough to know that the chances of serious investment are both pretty slim. I'm not even convinced we've got, or are likely to get, the right man either (for doing reasonably well in the Championship, but that's certainly arguable and may be harsh).

Not harsh, just a weird comment to make in December 2019.

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 10:22 - Dec 2 with 1418 viewsReuser_is_God

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 08:44 - Dec 2 by Keaneish

- a malaise for anything positive this season which will be brushed off as “minimum expected”

Have I missed any of the undertones which are attached to every post you write these days?

Well said.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 10:51 - Dec 2 with 1387 viewsSwansea_Blue

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 10:21 - Dec 2 by TractorCam

Not harsh, just a weird comment to make in December 2019.

You can't seriously think ME is suddenly going to start investing at a level needed to be competitive in the Championship these days (tens of £millions)?

Lambert is open to debate, as I said. His record with us last time in the championship wasn't too great.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2019 10:53]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 11:18 - Dec 2 with 1349 viewsTractorCam

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 10:51 - Dec 2 by Swansea_Blue

You can't seriously think ME is suddenly going to start investing at a level needed to be competitive in the Championship these days (tens of £millions)?

Lambert is open to debate, as I said. His record with us last time in the championship wasn't too great.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2019 10:53]

It's nothing that should even be flounced about right now. We're currently doing well in League 1, and that's where our focus should be.

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 11:44 - Dec 2 with 1333 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 08:44 - Dec 2 by Keaneish

What’s wrong with the last one? I for one am very bitter that we’re no longer in the top 2 divisions for the first time in 60+ years - and I’m certainly not ashamed to admit it

It was only a couple of seasons ago that a certain segment of our fanbase were losing their sh*t at our worst league finish in however many years when we finished 16th in the Championship, after all

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 11:49 - Dec 2 with 1309 viewsSteve_M

Last minute goals are surely the very definition of cup excitement.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 11:55 - Dec 2 with 1306 viewsRyorry

Uum - I might well be wrong, but I just saw it, due to the subject header, as being an expression of karma - ie because we got a 94th minute winner last time out, getting a 94th min equalizer against us meaning a replay's needed this time, is a sort of "what goes around comes around" outcome - in the tone of a philosophical sigh!
[Post edited 2 Dec 2019 11:56]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 12:33 - Dec 2 with 1277 viewsKeaneish

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 11:55 - Dec 2 by Ryorry

Uum - I might well be wrong, but I just saw it, due to the subject header, as being an expression of karma - ie because we got a 94th minute winner last time out, getting a 94th min equalizer against us meaning a replay's needed this time, is a sort of "what goes around comes around" outcome - in the tone of a philosophical sigh!
[Post edited 2 Dec 2019 11:56]

It was more this line my post was directed at, "Still these are the days where everything is great again right?". Seems like an unnecessary throwback to the days where this forum was very divided and the #BCWYWF labelling was rife - time to move on i'm sure we can all agree.

We've drawn a game of football and we're in the draw for the 3rd round whilst not playing particularly well. PL should be criticised where relevant but i think any connotations relating to the club's plight like it's the fans fault seems unnecessary and a little stale given how this season is turning out at present.

I feel Mullet is desperate for a "i told you so" moment, which at present, isn't materialising.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 12:38 - Dec 2 with 1270 viewsPJH

We were only in this game because of a 94th minute goal weren't we? on 12:33 - Dec 2 by Keaneish

It was more this line my post was directed at, "Still these are the days where everything is great again right?". Seems like an unnecessary throwback to the days where this forum was very divided and the #BCWYWF labelling was rife - time to move on i'm sure we can all agree.

We've drawn a game of football and we're in the draw for the 3rd round whilst not playing particularly well. PL should be criticised where relevant but i think any connotations relating to the club's plight like it's the fans fault seems unnecessary and a little stale given how this season is turning out at present.

I feel Mullet is desperate for a "i told you so" moment, which at present, isn't materialising.

I think anyone's "I told you so" moment materialised when we got relegated last May.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024