Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mayor @fleetwood 19:35 - Jun 28 with 13839 viewsmarkand1986

Heard from a fairly reliable source he was at fleetwood today. Less money but wouldn’t have to move young family. Tranmere also very interested.
Mayor @fleetwood on 19:46 - Jun 28 with 8623 viewsSwansea_Blue

If he goes to Fleetwood I hope he packs his Mac.

*fetches coat and slinks off quietly*

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mayor @fleetwood on 19:46 - Jun 28 with 8617 viewsmarkand1986

Mayor @fleetwood on 19:46 - Jun 28 by Swansea_Blue

You are better than that SB
Mayor @fleetwood on 19:50 - Jun 28 with 8584 viewsSwansea_Blue

Mayor @fleetwood on 19:46 - Jun 28 by markand1986

You are better than that SB

I'm ashamed to have slipped into Hoppy or Keno territory. I can only apologise.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mayor @fleetwood on 19:52 - Jun 28 with 8569 viewstazdac

I think it’s just rumours ;o)
Mayor @fleetwood on 19:54 - Jun 28 with 8549 viewsmarkand1986

Mayor @fleetwood on 19:52 - Jun 28 by tazdac

I think it’s just rumours ;o)

You two can go your own way
Mayor @fleetwood on 20:09 - Jun 28 with 8445 viewsportmanking

Let's be honest, if Mayor turns us down for either Fleetwood or Tranmere, he doesn't have the attitude or minerals we need to succeed in this league. If he likes the easy life he'll stick one of those two, which he'll no doubt regret in 10-15 years. If he plumps for us, he could be playing Championship football again in 12 months in the peak of his powers.
Mayor @fleetwood on 20:12 - Jun 28 with 8416 viewsPJH

Mayor @fleetwood on 19:50 - Jun 28 by Swansea_Blue

I'm ashamed to have slipped into Hoppy or Keno territory. I can only apologise.

You seem like Albert Ross.
Mayor @fleetwood on 20:15 - Jun 28 with 8400 viewsWeekender

Mayor @fleetwood on 20:09 - Jun 28 by portmanking

Let's be honest, if Mayor turns us down for either Fleetwood or Tranmere, he doesn't have the attitude or minerals we need to succeed in this league. If he likes the easy life he'll stick one of those two, which he'll no doubt regret in 10-15 years. If he plumps for us, he could be playing Championship football again in 12 months in the peak of his powers.

Read a post by a Bury fan that said he has had mental health issues in the past and staying local to his family gives him a bit of stability. Can argue with that obviously.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Login to get fewer ads

Mayor @fleetwood on 20:21 - Jun 28 with 8354 viewsportmanking

Mayor @fleetwood on 20:15 - Jun 28 by Weekender

Read a post by a Bury fan that said he has had mental health issues in the past and staying local to his family gives him a bit of stability. Can argue with that obviously.

Sure, I do get that, kind of. But as a professional footballer, turning us down for Fleetwood or Tranmere should surely be considered bizarre in any sense. If he's considering Plymouth, why wouldn't he give us serious consideration?
Mayor @fleetwood on 20:21 - Jun 28 with 8342 viewsCoastalblue

Mayor @fleetwood on 19:54 - Jun 28 by markand1986

You two can go your own way

tusk, tusk.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Mayor @fleetwood on 20:42 - Jun 28 with 8208 viewsfactual_blue

Oh Well.*

*This of course dates from the time when Fleetwood Mac were good.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2019 20:43]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Mayor @fleetwood on 21:04 - Jun 28 with 8037 viewsxrayspecs

Mayor @fleetwood on 20:21 - Jun 28 by portmanking

Sure, I do get that, kind of. But as a professional footballer, turning us down for Fleetwood or Tranmere should surely be considered bizarre in any sense. If he's considering Plymouth, why wouldn't he give us serious consideration?

plymouth would be working with former boss and coaches.
Mayor @fleetwood on 21:18 - Jun 28 with 7964 viewsportmanking

Mayor @fleetwood on 21:04 - Jun 28 by xrayspecs

plymouth would be working with former boss and coaches.

So what? Lowe was only has gaffer for 18 months. There's no guarantee Plymouth will get out of League Two next term. They've let a lot of their top players go this summer. Just seems a no-brainer move for him. He could become a key player in front of 16k fans a week.

Big fish small pond syndrome....
Mayor @fleetwood on 21:38 - Jun 28 with 7842 viewsxrayspecs

Mayor @fleetwood on 21:18 - Jun 28 by portmanking

So what? Lowe was only has gaffer for 18 months. There's no guarantee Plymouth will get out of League Two next term. They've let a lot of their top players go this summer. Just seems a no-brainer move for him. He could become a key player in front of 16k fans a week.

Big fish small pond syndrome....

You really do not have a clue.

If he has a good relationship with his former boss, a move to Plymouth may feel a better option that starting afresh elsewhere. Sometimes it is not about money or which league or who has the best prospects, it is where he feels he is more likely to feel settled. Read the rest of the thread for clues.
Mayor @fleetwood on 21:48 - Jun 28 with 7781 viewsmarkand1986

Mayor @fleetwood on 21:38 - Jun 28 by xrayspecs

If he has a good relationship with his former boss, a move to Plymouth may feel a better option that starting afresh elsewhere. Sometimes it is not about money or which league or who has the best prospects, it is where he feels he is more likely to feel settled. Read the rest of the thread for clues.

He was only looking around today at fleetwood so he may well still join. Just seems
from what I’ve been told his decision won’t purely be about money and league necessarily.
Mayor @fleetwood on 21:50 - Jun 28 with 7766 viewsportmanking

I've read the thread and I know the situation fully, thanks.

But he is a long time retired. Throwing away a move to us for a 'safe' move to bottom half Fleetwood or Tranmere would be a waste of his talent.

That's just my opinion.
Mayor @fleetwood on 21:52 - Jun 28 with 7742 viewsxrayspecs

Mayor @fleetwood on 21:50 - Jun 28 by portmanking

But he is a long time retired. Throwing away a move to us for a 'safe' move to bottom half Fleetwood or Tranmere would be a waste of his talent.

That's just my opinion.

"Big fish small pond syndrome...."

No understanding, no empathy. No idea.
Mayor @fleetwood on 21:54 - Jun 28 with 7739 viewsPJH

Mayor @fleetwood on 21:50 - Jun 28 by portmanking

That's just my opinion.

Although it seems that given the choice he would not be leaving Bury at all so on that basis his decision is probably not going to be based on who pays the most or which team is most likely to be successful, it will be based on where he thinks he and his family will be happiest.
Mayor @fleetwood on 22:13 - Jun 28 with 7614 viewsjaykay

well that will be a albatross round his neck if he goes there

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Mayor @fleetwood on 23:08 - Jun 28 with 7334 viewsKeaneish

If he chooses a club for the sake of his family and children's schooling, fair enough but he's early not the type of player or character we need in our dressing room if so.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Mayor @fleetwood on 23:19 - Jun 28 with 7272 viewsNorthstaNder

And see Alan Judge as a prime example
Mayor @fleetwood on 06:42 - Jun 29 with 6978 viewsWeekender

Mayor @fleetwood on 23:08 - Jun 28 by Keaneish

If he chooses a club for the sake of his family and children's schooling, fair enough but he's early not the type of player or character we need in our dressing room if so.

That’s just plain wrong.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Mayor @fleetwood on 07:09 - Jun 29 with 6923 viewsitfcjoe

This sort of stuff is ridiculous, ‘not the right type of character’

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mayor @fleetwood on 07:54 - Jun 29 with 6812 viewstextbackup

the kid was born about 5mins ago, hardly like its got friends that'll it'll leave behind.

to move when they are young is an easier choice than say Bart who has two settled in a school with mates etc

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mayor @fleetwood on 08:04 - Jun 29 with 6775 viewsclive_baker

Mayor @fleetwood on 20:09 - Jun 28 by portmanking

I think we need a healthy does of realism here, we aren’t the pull we once were. We’ve done sh1t all for years, and proximity to family and friends is hugely important, footballer or otherwise. If someone offered me 30% more money to work for a more prestigious company for 3 years but it was in Fleetwood I wouldn’t be in the slightest bit tempted in all honesty.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024