Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mayor @fleetwood 19:35 - Jun 28 with 13892 viewsmarkand1986

Heard from a fairly reliable source he was at fleetwood today. Less money but wouldn’t have to move young family. Tranmere also very interested.
What a load of old tosh. (n/t) on 08:36 - Jun 29 with 3525 viewsBloots

Mayor @fleetwood on 23:08 - Jun 28 by Keaneish

If he chooses a club for the sake of his family and children's schooling, fair enough but he's early not the type of player or character we need in our dressing room if so.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Mayor @fleetwood on 08:47 - Jun 29 with 3516 viewsSuperblue95

Mayor @fleetwood on 21:50 - Jun 28 by portmanking

I've read the thread and I know the situation fully, thanks.

But he is a long time retired. Throwing away a move to us for a 'safe' move to bottom half Fleetwood or Tranmere would be a waste of his talent.

That's just my opinion.

It could be argued that it’s a waste of his talent but at the same time happiness is a hell of a lot more important than money. If he’s had mental health issues then he will likely want to stay close to his family, friends, etc in the north west.

Anyway, he’s hardly going to be a peasant because of it. Even as a lower half League One/Upper half League Two player he’s probably on better money than 95%+ of this board

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Mayor @fleetwood on 08:48 - Jun 29 with 3514 viewshampstead_blue

If he chooses a club for the sake of his family and children's schooling, fair enough but he's early not the type of player or character we need in our dressing room if so.

I agree with you.
There are plenty of great schools and it's hardly an arduous trip to see the folks.

Some people rely heaviliy on family and we can't critisize for that BUT Keanish is spot-on.
If he's getting it in the neck or feeling unhappy then it's a NO from me.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Mayor @fleetwood on 08:52 - Jun 29 with 3504 viewsSuperblue95

Mayor @fleetwood on 08:48 - Jun 29 by hampstead_blue

I agree with you.
There are plenty of great schools and it's hardly an arduous trip to see the folks.

Some people rely heaviliy on family and we can't critisize for that BUT Keanish is spot-on.
If he's getting it in the neck or feeling unhappy then it's a NO from me.

No a nice family man isn’t what we want at all. Let’s stick to the superstar wannabes, the selfish ar5eholes, lying gamblers, lazy journeymen, criminals and useless turds who have littered this club over the past 15 years. It’s been working well after all

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Mayor @fleetwood on 08:57 - Jun 29 with 3502 viewsKeaneish

Mayor @fleetwood on 07:09 - Jun 29 by itfcjoe

This sort of stuff is ridiculous, ‘not the right type of character’

Why? I'm talking about ambition. If he chooses to stay up north at a lesser club who will unlikely make a run for the play-offs for the sake of his family, fair enough but at 28 years old if he wants to play at the highest level he can, his best shot is with us. We need ambitious, hungry players to get out of this league. What's ridiculous about that?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Mayor @fleetwood on 08:58 - Jun 29 with 3496 viewsclive_baker

Mayor @fleetwood on 08:57 - Jun 29 by Keaneish

Why? I'm talking about ambition. If he chooses to stay up north at a lesser club who will unlikely make a run for the play-offs for the sake of his family, fair enough but at 28 years old if he wants to play at the highest level he can, his best shot is with us. We need ambitious, hungry players to get out of this league. What's ridiculous about that?

It’s a complete non argument anyway because if he signs he satisfies you to your point and if he doesn’t he doesn’t and he’s not our player to question if his attitude is right.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Mayor @fleetwood on 09:12 - Jun 29 with 3471 viewsKeaneish

Mayor @fleetwood on 08:58 - Jun 29 by clive_baker

It’s a complete non argument anyway because if he signs he satisfies you to your point and if he doesn’t he doesn’t and he’s not our player to question if his attitude is right.

Fair point.

Mayor @fleetwood on 10:02 - Jun 29 with 3419 viewsBlueBadger

Mayor @fleetwood on 20:09 - Jun 28 by portmanking

Let's be honest, if Mayor turns us down for either Fleetwood or Tranmere, he doesn't have the attitude or minerals we need to succeed in this league. If he likes the easy life he'll stick one of those two, which he'll no doubt regret in 10-15 years. If he plumps for us, he could be playing Championship football again in 12 months in the peak of his powers.

Because a Championship club will buy him off us next June?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Mayor @fleetwood on 10:14 - Jun 29 with 3399 viewshoppy

Mayor @fleetwood on 19:50 - Jun 28 by Swansea_Blue

I'm ashamed to have slipped into Hoppy or Keno territory. I can only apologise.

Oi

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Mayor @fleetwood on 10:15 - Jun 29 with 3403 viewsKeaneish

Mayor @fleetwood on 08:52 - Jun 29 by Superblue95

No a nice family man isn’t what we want at all. Let’s stick to the superstar wannabes, the selfish ar5eholes, lying gamblers, lazy journeymen, criminals and useless turds who have littered this club over the past 15 years. It’s been working well after all

Superstar wannabes - Lee Martin?
The selfish ar5eholes - Finidi George?
Lying gamblers - Michael Chopra
Lazy journeymen - Jimmy Bullard MK 2?
Criminals - Paul Taylor?
Useless turds - Jordan Graham?

I bet his forearms are of substandard girth as well. (n/t) on 10:54 - Jun 29 with 3361 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Mayor @fleetwood on 11:02 - Jun 29 with 3349 viewspointofblue

I actually think credit to him if he considers something ahead of football - it shows that he’s down to Earth and knows the value of everything in life. If he signs for us then brilliant; if he doesn’t then best of luck and we move on.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I bet his forearms are of substandard girth as well. (n/t) on 11:17 - Jun 29 with 3326 viewsKeaneish

I bet his forearms are of substandard girth as well. (n/t) on 10:54 - Jun 29 by BlueBadger

Definitely grounds to fail a medical.

Mayor @fleetwood on 11:29 - Jun 29 with 3321 viewsPhilTWTD

Might be worth looking at this poster's previous posts before reading anything into this.
Mayor @fleetwood on 11:30 - Jun 29 with 3312 viewsbadadski

Mayor @fleetwood on 08:04 - Jun 29 by clive_baker

I think we need a healthy does of realism here, we aren’t the pull we once were. We’ve done sh1t all for years, and proximity to family and friends is hugely important, footballer or otherwise. If someone offered me 30% more money to work for a more prestigious company for 3 years but it was in Fleetwood I wouldn’t be in the slightest bit tempted in all honesty.

Yeah agree, 30%-40% more wage on our structure is still likely to be swallowed up by higher cost of living and rental fees in Ipswich than somewhere like Fleetwood so don't think he would be that much better of wages wise.

Its down to his ambition really, if he wants to challenge him self we will get him, but if hes a work to live guy then we wont be getting him as family always comes first in my book.
Mayor @fleetwood on 11:46 - Jun 29 with 3295 viewsPJH

Mayor @fleetwood on 11:29 - Jun 29 by PhilTWTD

Might be worth looking at this poster's previous posts before reading anything into this.

You mean we are not away to Coventry (at Birmingham) first game?
Mayor @fleetwood on 12:01 - Jun 29 with 3274 viewsPositivelyPortman

I’m enjoying how these unheard of players, that are currently being linked with us, are suddenly the most sought after footballers.
Everybody sweating their balls off if we don’t sign Mayor ffs.
I’m being honest here, I’d never heard of Norwood until we were linked.

Deja vu feelings from last season.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Mayor @fleetwood on 12:08 - Jun 29 with 3268 viewsbaz1978

Do you think Ipswich got a good chance sign him
Mayor @fleetwood on 12:12 - Jun 29 with 3260 viewsBigManBlue

Mayor @fleetwood on 12:01 - Jun 29 by PositivelyPortman

I’m enjoying how these unheard of players, that are currently being linked with us, are suddenly the most sought after footballers.

Yeah... I don't want to be that guy, but a little part of me - although the signings we've made do seem positive - keeps saying that a lot of our policy seems to be signing players who did well in league 2 and hoping they do the same in league 1.

Now I appreciate that the difference between the leagues isn't as great as the step from the third to second tier, and we're not risking a lot in terms of fees, but still, I worry that we're doing very much the same thing as last summer, and in addition to these lower-level punts some genuine, proven league 1 quality is needed in key positions.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Mayor @fleetwood on 12:36 - Jun 29 with 3231 viewsKeaneish

Mayor @fleetwood on 12:01 - Jun 29 by PositivelyPortman

Don't think anyone's sweating on Mayor but he does fill a hole we have on the left wing all be it id rather a left footer. I think what we may also be experiencing is pre-season boredom and willing to discuss anything even the psychology and ambition of a player we've never heard of in the context of team dressing room psychology!

Mayor @fleetwood on 13:50 - Jun 29 with 3172 viewssoclopath

Mayor @fleetwood on 08:04 - Jun 29 by clive_baker

I think we need a healthy does of realism here, we aren’t the pull we once were. We’ve done sh1t all for years, and proximity to family and friends is hugely important, footballer or otherwise. If someone offered me 30% more money to work for a more prestigious company for 3 years but it was in Fleetwood I wouldn’t be in the slightest bit tempted in all honesty.

Ok it's a big move for him bring the family surely his signing on fee wouldd buy him a decent family home. If he moves on in 3 yrs he'd make a decent profit.
Mayor @fleetwood on 14:42 - Jun 29 with 3103 viewsPhilTWTD

Mayor @fleetwood on 12:08 - Jun 29 by baz1978

Do you think Ipswich got a good chance sign him

Well, we're the biggest interested party we're aware of, so we should be in the box seat.
Mayor @fleetwood on 14:47 - Jun 29 with 3095 viewsJ2BLUE

Might be worth hitting the ban button on people consistently post lies. You can't post fake goals in the chat room but you can post all the lies you like on the message board.

Not that i'm praising Gav. i will never forgive the theft of my 11,000 up votes.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mayor @fleetwood on 14:59 - Jun 29 with 3078 viewsPhilTWTD

Mayor @fleetwood on 14:47 - Jun 29 by J2BLUE

Might be worth hitting the ban button on people consistently post lies. You can't post fake goals in the chat room but you can post all the lies you like on the message board.

Not that i'm praising Gav. i will never forgive the theft of my 11,000 up votes.

You're right, he's gone.
Mayor @fleetwood on 15:17 - Jun 29 with 3044 viewsJ2BLUE

Mayor @fleetwood on 14:59 - Jun 29 by PhilTWTD

You're right, he's gone.

That's a bit harsh, i'm sure he'd have given them back if you had asked!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024