Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Villa rumoured to be in for Collins 08:08 - Sep 5 with 3665 viewsJuggsy

Ugh.
Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 08:12 - Sep 5 with 3269 viewsSuperfrans

I'm not sure why so many fans seem to want him here. I'd be concerned if he displaced Nsiala or Chambers and Pennington looks a decent back-up, maybe even challenging for a first team starting place. But Collins would be expensive (surely) and I'm not sure why we would want someone like that in as a reserve.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 08:13 - Sep 5 with 3258 viewstextbackup

Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 08:12 - Sep 5 by Superfrans

I'm not sure why so many fans seem to want him here. I'd be concerned if he displaced Nsiala or Chambers and Pennington looks a decent back-up, maybe even challenging for a first team starting place. But Collins would be expensive (surely) and I'm not sure why we would want someone like that in as a reserve.

because we have a team of league1/2 players needing some guidance on the pitch.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 08:15 - Sep 5 with 3248 viewsSuperfrans

Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 08:13 - Sep 5 by textbackup

because we have a team of league1/2 players needing some guidance on the pitch.

Not at the back though. Fewest shots on target conceded in the Championship this season.

It's just our keeper who is the problem at the back and he's been replaced... ;-)

Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 08:18 - Sep 5 with 3237 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Would be some story. Villa the club so outraged at lack of professionalism when Joe Bryan was snooped from under their noses by Fulham. Come and try and tease him away from us now he has been training with us.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 08:20 - Sep 5 with 3221 viewsSuperfrans

Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 08:18 - Sep 5 by TheTrueBlue1878

Would be some story. Villa the club so outraged at lack of professionalism when Joe Bryan was snooped from under their noses by Fulham. Come and try and tease him away from us now he has been training with us.

If he's training with us, presumably he's ours if we want him. He'd also be unlikely to relocate too, if he lived anywhere near West Ham. At his age that would be a big thing.

Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 08:21 - Sep 5 with 3220 viewsclive_baker

Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 08:18 - Sep 5 by TheTrueBlue1878

He’s fair game as far as I’m concerned. It would be our fault for dragging our heels and not offering him a contract if that were to happen. I’m not sure we need him, Pennington looked top drawer on Sunday. Best player on the pitch.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 08:26 - Sep 5 with 3178 viewsGarv

Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 08:21 - Sep 5 by clive_baker

He’s fair game as far as I’m concerned. It would be our fault for dragging our heels and not offering him a contract if that were to happen. I’m not sure we need him, Pennington looked top drawer on Sunday. Best player on the pitch.

Who's to say we haven't already and he's taking his time deciding? He's got all the time he wants.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 08:26 - Sep 5 with 3176 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 08:20 - Sep 5 by Superfrans

If he's training with us, presumably he's ours if we want him. He'd also be unlikely to relocate too, if he lived anywhere near West Ham. At his age that would be a big thing.

That’s the biggest pull we have over Villa right now. He’s been at West Ham a very long time and I’d imagine he has settled now with his family.
However if the finances were that good at Villa 200% increase on a wage we were offering him plus accommodation he could see it as more earner for him and his family before he hangs up his boots.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Login to get fewer ads

Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 08:26 - Sep 5 with 3170 viewsBrixtonBlue

Because he's a very good player.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 08:38 - Sep 5 with 3116 viewsBasuco

It all depends if he prefers a higher wage and move his family or join us and remain living where he is. If we were to offer him a contract that is.
Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 08:49 - Sep 5 with 3046 viewstractorboy1978

We are talking about a centre half that has played the last 14 consecutive seasons in the Premier League. He has invaluable experience and would likely be our best centre half. I think people forget that this is our lot now until January, the loan window is no longer. It would only take a couple of injuries and suddenly we are drafting full backs in as centre halves.
Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 08:54 - Sep 5 with 3017 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Rangers nicked McG after he had signed🤦🏼‍♂️
Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 08:57 - Sep 5 with 2999 viewschicoazul

Because he is very good and in all likelihood a massive upgrade on everyone we have and we need some good experienced players partly because Hurst got rid of a few?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 09:00 - Sep 5 with 2978 viewsfactual_blue

Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 08:54 - Sep 5 by BtreeBlueBlood

After he'd agreed terms. He hadn't signed, as I understand it.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 09:12 - Sep 5 with 2890 viewsITFC_Forever

Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 08:54 - Sep 5 by BtreeBlueBlood

McG went to Sheffield United.

McA agreed terms but didn't sign.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 09:18 - Sep 5 with 2857 viewsJackSted

Collins will probably still come Ipswich. Mainly because it's so close to West Ham

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 09:19 - Sep 5 with 2856 viewsbraveblue

Straight in the first team. Would sort out set pieces and win headers at corners. Years of premier experience and played well last season. But we won’t get him if Villa in. By the time Evans makes an offer it will be too Kate. More money saved!!
Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 09:25 - Sep 5 with 2814 viewsSuperfrans

Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 08:49 - Sep 5 by tractorboy1978

We are talking about a centre half that has played the last 14 consecutive seasons in the Premier League. He has invaluable experience and would likely be our best centre half. I think people forget that this is our lot now until January, the loan window is no longer. It would only take a couple of injuries and suddenly we are drafting full backs in as centre halves.

Fair enough, I guess.

I'd just be concerned about him blocking the development of Nsiala, a player who we've just signed and who has looked excellent so far, or usurping our other CH with bundles of experience (Chambers). Plus, of course, we now also have a Premiership CH who is no spring chicken (Pennington is 24 this autumn).

I totally understand the attraction of an older, more experienced player to help our newcomers at the other end (Walters), where we have really struggled. But we have done relatively well at the back - lowest shots on target against us in the Championship. Our problem at the back has arguably been our keeper's loss of form, imho.

Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 09:36 - Sep 5 with 2766 viewsGeoffSentence

Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 08:20 - Sep 5 by Superfrans

Equally, in Nolan we already have a flame-haired beauty at the club, Collins' beard will probably feel quite comfortable here.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 09:52 - Sep 5 with 2717 viewsCoco

Have you a link?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 09:53 - Sep 5 with 2710 viewsitfcjoe

Surely a better move for him?

Will earn more money, used to play for them, they are playing Jedinak at CB who isn't very good there so he'll walk straight into the team without upsetting anything and working under Bruce as a former CB.

I just don't see any attraction to here bar potentially geography if he lives in Essex and used to commute into WH from this side rather than more North

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 09:54 - Sep 5 with 2701 viewsITFC_Forever

Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 09:25 - Sep 5 by Superfrans

Fair enough, I guess.

I'd just be concerned about him blocking the development of Nsiala, a player who we've just signed and who has looked excellent so far, or usurping our other CH with bundles of experience (Chambers). Plus, of course, we now also have a Premiership CH who is no spring chicken (Pennington is 24 this autumn).

I totally understand the attraction of an older, more experienced player to help our newcomers at the other end (Walters), where we have really struggled. But we have done relatively well at the back - lowest shots on target against us in the Championship. Our problem at the back has arguably been our keeper's loss of form, imho.

Nsiala is big and strong and can win the ball.

But a composed CB he is not.... he always looks like he is seconds away from maiming someone with a desperate lunge.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 09:57 - Sep 5 with 2688 viewsPJH

Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 09:54 - Sep 5 by ITFC_Forever

Nsiala is big and strong and can win the ball.

But a composed CB he is not.... he always looks like he is seconds away from maiming someone with a desperate lunge.

From when I first saw Nsiala for us I thought of Drissa Diallo-capable of good things but equally capable of not so good things.
Villa rumoured to be in for Collins on 10:11 - Sep 5 with 2621 viewsgosblue

At 35 years old, length of contract on offer may be a factor.
Villa rumoured to be in for Collins (n/t) on 10:28 - Sep 5 with 2551 viewsagentp

[Post edited 5 Sep 2018 10:31]

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024