Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets 11:22 - Mar 17 with 3357 viewsIllinoisblue

Last summer Huddersfield dropped their adult season ticket price to £179 and sold 15,000 seats. Did Town look at adopting a similar approach?

“We did, it’s also to do with where we are the table and what have you. Dean Hoyle up there, the owner, took quite a big risk in doing it. We understood why he did it.

“The owner here wasn’t prepared to go to that extreme and also I think different clubs, different regions have different types of fans as well.

“It’s very important that we try and keep our fans in the way we think is appropriate to Suffolk and to this part of the country.

“I think he was coming from a different perspective. I don’t know how much their spend is at Huddersfield but I think it’s quite a considerable amount of money he’s putting into it.”

Appropriate to Suffolk? WTF is that supposed to even mean?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 11:23 - Mar 17 with 2689 viewsitfcjoe

"Appropriate to Suffolk? WTF is that supposed to even mean?"

That there is no competition and people either come and watch us or no one live

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 11:24 - Mar 17 with 2669 viewsSWGF

For God's sake don't try and decipher the rubbish that comes out of Milne's mouth. His initial speech on this morning's Suffolk breakfast show was read from a script; presumably what was written in the brochure.

He seemingly has no thought of his own and when he does open his mouth independently ('Mick will be manager for as long as I'm here"), his foot ends up in it.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 11:28 - Mar 17 with 2632 viewsbluewein

“We did, it’s also to do with where we are the table and what have you."

Huddersfield finished 19th last season.

I just... It's just so... FFS...!

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 11:37 - Mar 17 with 2570 viewsFrimleyBlue

think he was coming from a different perspective. I don’t know how much their spend is at Huddersfield but I think it’s quite a considerable amount of money he’s putting into it.”

so huddersfield have an owner willing to put money in?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 11:45 - Mar 17 with 2529 viewsIllinoisblue

Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 11:23 - Mar 17 by itfcjoe

if that's his thinking it is of course ridiculous as we're not competing against other clubs, we're competing against the cinema, family days out, kids activities etc. which would all compare very well on price compared to footy.

I actually thought he was suggesting that Huddersfield, being oop Norf, faced a fanbase on comparatively lower wages and that's why they did the 179 deal.

62 - 78 - 81

Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 11:45 - Mar 17 with 2522 viewsLankHenners

To be fair we were never going to do something like that and go that low on prices so think it's a bit unfair for people to compare us with them on that front (not saying you are).

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 11:51 - Mar 17 with 2479 viewsoldbluestu

It means Suffolk is a rich part of the Country, house prices for example are much higher than in huddersfield. Beer is only a couple of quid a pint in huddersfield people in Suffolk will happily pay £3+ for a pint
Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 11:58 - Mar 17 with 2434 viewsDeano69

In other words we have little choice of pro football in the region and slightly more disposable income than some areas so we fully intend to Mug Off the fans. Again.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Login to get fewer ads

Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 12:04 - Mar 17 with 2389 viewsIllinoisblue

Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 11:45 - Mar 17 by LankHenners

To be fair we were never going to do something like that and go that low on prices so think it's a bit unfair for people to compare us with them on that front (not saying you are).

and that's the point; why were ITFC never going to do a ST deal like that? We're sliding into oblivion - if now is not the time for innovation and fresh thinking, when is? Instead we get a frankly overly complex and bizarre pricing structure that has pi55ed off most fans.

62 - 78 - 81

Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 12:05 - Mar 17 with 2375 viewsjas0999

I.e. The owner wanted to screw the fans here out of as much cash as possible.
Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 12:10 - Mar 17 with 2342 viewsGuru_of_Ipswich

The thing is I don't think it was need to go to the extreme of what Huddesfield done, even a mid way point between what we pay and what they did would probably done the trick and it wouldn't have been such a risk for ME!!!!!

I thought Milne was doing an ok job compared to clegg, but jesus Christ have I been proved wrong. total balls up by the club in terms of getting the supporters to even trust the club, let alone putting hard earned money into it!
Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 12:28 - Mar 17 with 2239 viewsoldbluestu

It means Suffolk is a rich part of the Country, house prices for example are much higher than in huddersfield. Beer is only a couple of quid a pint in huddersfield people in Suffolk will happily pay £3+ for a pint
Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 12:33 - Mar 17 with 2205 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 11:45 - Mar 17 by LankHenners

But why not?

The price we pay and the sh1t we've been served, why not knock a £100 off for all adults in the SBR and SAR?

For one season, knock the prices off. It's not like our money goes on transfers anyway is it.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 12:43 - Mar 17 with 2140 viewsLankHenners

Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 12:04 - Mar 17 by Illinoisblue

and that's the point; why were ITFC never going to do a ST deal like that? We're sliding into oblivion - if now is not the time for innovation and fresh thinking, when is? Instead we get a frankly overly complex and bizarre pricing structure that has pi55ed off most fans.

Mainly because that is a silly low price and with the style of football and general disgruntlement I doubt we'd sell a significant enough amount to make up for the drop in income reducing prices would see.

However, the club should have identified that an apathetic and disgruntled fan base, annoyed at the football being served up would need an incentive to renew and turn up. Raising prices will only encourage people who were already on the edge not to renew. This will lead to less people in the ground, worse atmosphere, and thus a harder time for players on the pitch.

It's a two way street but there's clearly something on one side that is making it very difficult for the other to move.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 12:51 - Mar 17 with 2098 viewsVaughan8

Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 12:33 - Mar 17 by The_Romford_Blue

But why not?

The price we pay and the sh1t we've been served, why not knock a £100 off for all adults in the SBR and SAR?

For one season, knock the prices off. It's not like our money goes on transfers anyway is it.

Problem with just doing it for 1 season is that the following season you just have the same trouble if you put them back up by £100+

I know 1.5% isn't much, but I think its a principle thing. We get served up the football we do and then have to pay extra for it. They are just relying on the "we will turn up regardless" people.

It would be interesting to know, those who go and are going to renew, what price would you not renew?
Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 13:03 - Mar 17 with 2058 viewshadleighboyblue

Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 11:24 - Mar 17 by SWGF

For God's sake don't try and decipher the rubbish that comes out of Milne's mouth. His initial speech on this morning's Suffolk breakfast show was read from a script; presumably what was written in the brochure.

He seemingly has no thought of his own and when he does open his mouth independently ('Mick will be manager for as long as I'm here"), his foot ends up in it.

Hopefully he will go at the same time as MM ...............sooner rather than later , that would be an immediate boost to season ticket sales .
Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 13:05 - Mar 17 with 2037 viewsSwansea_Blue

Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 11:23 - Mar 17 by itfcjoe

I think he's saying something along the lines of Huddersfield is oop north, so they're all on poverty-striken benefit scroungers. Whereas there are big posh houses down here so you can all afford to pay top dollar for crap football.

If that's a true interpretation, as seems quite likely, it's an incredible thing to even hint at.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 13:19 - Mar 17 with 1986 viewsBenters

Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 13:05 - Mar 17 by Swansea_Blue

I think he's saying something along the lines of Huddersfield is oop north, so they're all on poverty-striken benefit scroungers. Whereas there are big posh houses down here so you can all afford to pay top dollar for crap football.

If that's a true interpretation, as seems quite likely, it's an incredible thing to even hint at.

Yeah but he gave us da fanzone !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 13:48 - Mar 17 with 1909 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 13:19 - Mar 17 by Benters

Yeah but he gave us da fanzone !

That must make him a better owner than Venkys, Forest, Charlton etc etc, eh?
Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 15:37 - Mar 17 with 1782 viewsSW17Blue

I hate to say it, but I believe "Appropriate to Suffolk" means a bit apathetic, less likely to fight against something or cause an issue. We're probably the easiest football fans of a large club just to stuff something to and have them accept it.
Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 16:52 - Mar 17 with 1688 viewsNo9

Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 12:28 - Mar 17 by oldbluestu

Suffolk is a rich part of the country?
If you are sure please tell me what the average pay packet is for the Suffolk worker.
People don't happily pay over the odds there are illegal cartels at work
Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 17:16 - Mar 17 with 1645 viewsstrikalite

Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 12:43 - Mar 17 by LankHenners

Mainly because that is a silly low price and with the style of football and general disgruntlement I doubt we'd sell a significant enough amount to make up for the drop in income reducing prices would see.

However, the club should have identified that an apathetic and disgruntled fan base, annoyed at the football being served up would need an incentive to renew and turn up. Raising prices will only encourage people who were already on the edge not to renew. This will lead to less people in the ground, worse atmosphere, and thus a harder time for players on the pitch.

It's a two way street but there's clearly something on one side that is making it very difficult for the other to move.

Agree, a price freeze would have at least appeased the sitters on the fence, now they've just got peoples backs up over even a small increase....a big mistake right now this is.

They're just so detached from the fans, it's our Club but it's very quickly turning into their Club, I understand it's now a business but they need to understand their customers and listen before alienating them, which they're now doing..
Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 20:09 - Mar 17 with 1499 viewsoldbluestu

Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 16:52 - Mar 17 by No9

Suffolk is a rich part of the country?
If you are sure please tell me what the average pay packet is for the Suffolk worker.
People don't happily pay over the odds there are illegal cartels at work

The average house price in Ipswich is £259,844,
The average house price in Huddersfield is £169,702,

People in Ipswich are richer than in Huddersfield, hence why Huddersfield charge less for season tickets
Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 20:15 - Mar 17 with 1481 viewsRonFearonsHair

Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 20:09 - Mar 17 by oldbluestu

The average house price in Ipswich is £259,844,
The average house price in Huddersfield is £169,702,

People in Ipswich are richer than in Huddersfield, hence why Huddersfield charge less for season tickets

So we should be paying around £270-£280?
Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 20:23 - Mar 17 with 1441 views3_5_2

Milne on the Huddersfield 179 quid tickets on 11:51 - Mar 17 by oldbluestu

They pay £2m for a striker in Huddersfield, we pay £10k

It's all relevant

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024