Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Characters from Portman Road you'll miss over the Summer 19:57 - May 7 with 1982 viewsDubtractor

I sit in the SBR Upper, and there is a chap somewhere near the back who shouts 'AWAY!' really bloody loudly every time a corner or set piece comes in to the box.

Our group have become a bit obsessed with him, and every now and then when he does a really good one, we share our appreciation in the same way you might for a good pass or shot.

Anyone got any similar characters sat near them?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Characters from Portman Road you'll miss over the Summer on 20:09 - May 7 with 1863 viewsMullet

No

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Characters from Portman Road you'll miss over the Summer on 20:10 - May 7 with 1865 viewshomer_123

Let's say the average age where I am is a touch older than me.

Most are still uncomfortable playing out from the back.

I'm expecting no change there....

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Characters from Portman Road you'll miss over the Summer on 20:22 - May 7 with 1776 viewsGeoffSentence

One I have missed recently is megaphone man. I wonder what happened to him.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Characters from Portman Road you'll miss over the Summer on 20:27 - May 7 with 1740 viewsMK1

Ray sits in the row behind me in the West Stand. Every time we concede a goal he says "Cooper would have stopped that". Literally every goal, even the 20 yarder to the top corner. 20 years I have had it, but always miss it if he ain't there. Love him.
Characters from Portman Road you'll miss over the Summer on 20:31 - May 7 with 1702 viewsNthQldITFC

That's the fella who attends with his church mates and is always trying to get the choir to practice Christmas carols throughout the year though, innit? He gets nervous before he can get the "in a manger..." out and clams up.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Characters from Portman Road you'll miss over the Summer on 21:24 - May 7 with 1479 viewsHelp

Davies, Davies, give the ball to Davies, says the bloke near me

Also another bloke who shouts "out", nothing else during the game, just "out"
Characters from Portman Road you'll miss over the Summer on 23:21 - May 7 with 1279 viewsVanSaParody

Characters from Portman Road you'll miss over the Summer on 20:27 - May 7 by MK1

Ray sits in the row behind me in the West Stand. Every time we concede a goal he says "Cooper would have stopped that". Literally every goal, even the 20 yarder to the top corner. 20 years I have had it, but always miss it if he ain't there. Love him.

Love this, reminded me when I moved from Herts to Leicestershire & joined a Sunday team, I took over from their goalie, but every time we conceded, my new teammates said Pete Bodie (previous goalie) would have got that
I got Player of the Year that 1st season & when I accepted my trophy, I said Pete Bodie WOULDN'T have got that!
Characters from Portman Road you'll miss over the Summer on 23:42 - May 7 with 1237 viewsArchiRob

Characters from Portman Road you'll miss over the Summer on 21:24 - May 7 by Help

Davies, Davies, give the ball to Davies, says the bloke near me

Also another bloke who shouts "out", nothing else during the game, just "out"

What does he shout when Davies has the ball?

Poll: What best describes Norwich defeat

Login to get fewer ads

Characters from Portman Road you'll miss over the Summer on 04:37 - May 8 with 1083 viewsflykickingbybgunn

We have a chap behind us who always shouts "They are bringing on another b.......d " every time the opposition use a substitute.
Characters from Portman Road you'll miss over the Summer on 06:54 - May 8 with 965 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Characters from Portman Road you'll miss over the Summer on 04:37 - May 8 by flykickingbybgunn

We have a chap behind us who always shouts "They are bringing on another b.......d " every time the opposition use a substitute.

Obviously a genealogist.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Characters from Portman Road you'll miss over the Summer on 07:13 - May 8 with 914 viewsNeedhamChris

SBR lower area 4 - a really passionate ginger haired guy who does half scream (and I mean scream) some nonsense during the season.

However, all passion really! Looking forward to the 'you're s**t' shouts because we don't dominate Man City.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Characters from Portman Road you'll miss over the Summer on 07:14 - May 8 with 907 viewsbazza

Characters from Portman Road you'll miss over the Summer on 23:42 - May 7 by ArchiRob

What does he shout when Davies has the ball?

Give it to Davis?
Characters from Portman Road you'll miss over the Summer on 07:31 - May 8 with 844 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We have a bloke near us we call "Yeeargh Man". He tries to cheer every half decent chance we have before it goes in, almost like he wants to be seen (or rather heard) to be the one to call it, like he spotted it before everyone else. Becomes a tad annoying when it inevitably doesn't go in, but we'd miss him if he wasn't there.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Characters from Portman Road you'll miss over the Summer on 07:56 - May 8 with 769 viewsFunge

Honestly, most of the lot around me in NSL.

We've all been there for ages, the lad next to me was very teary drunk on Saturday (as was I, tbf), we had a little hug after both running on the pitch, and a reminisce about how dreadful it was under all the Pauls/ Keane etc.

Lots of hugging/ handshakes with all those in the immediate vicinity, most of who I'd become extremely close with when Sarmiento scored vs Soton.... we've all seen us at our lowest, and now we're rising again.

Yeah man.

Oh yeah, and I'll miss either one of the twins in full rant mode on the concourse at HT, always good to see. Just a stream of swearwords, not sure how either of them breathe.
[Post edited 8 May 7:57]
Characters from Portman Road you'll miss over the Summer on 08:29 - May 8 with 693 viewsBloomBlue

One near me who regularly shouts "ffs clear it Town, boot it up field" and I mean regularly shouts it even if we're only 5 minutes into the match. Then should the opposition clear it by booting it up field he'll respond with "f**king hoof ball, boring boring ****, another 70s style team"
Characters from Portman Road you'll miss over the Summer on 10:22 - May 8 with 558 viewssoupytwist

Not sure I'll miss him exactly but my son and I sit fairly centrally in Sir Alf upper and there's a bloke behind us who clearly listens to the Radio Suffolk commentary during the game as he will tell us what Mick Mills thinks of any slightly contentious decision/missed chance/substitution etc.

He also says 'Uh-oh' in quite a broad Suffolk accent if the opposition creates even a slightly a tricky situation for our defenders to deal with. Mostly if it's Woolfenden who's got to deal with it.
Characters from Portman Road you'll miss over the Summer on 10:31 - May 8 with 508 viewswkj

The Away fella reminds me of a chap who used to loudly moan when Daryl Murphy got the ball.

"Why'd you pass it to him for!"

When Murphy went on a tear for us that season, every time he scored you always heard "I could have scored that!"

I think the guy wasn't all there, but he got a lot of frustration and laughter from people around him.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Characters from Portman Road you'll miss over the Summer on 10:33 - May 8 with 498 viewsportmanking

There's a bloke behind us in the North Lower Block 5 who spends more time looking at his accas and Super 6 than the match, most weeks. It's become a rolling joke as to how early his accas are blown out of the water. Usually followed by an "I can't believe it, Crewe are losing, they've won their last nine".
Characters from Portman Road you'll miss over the Summer on 10:35 - May 8 with 495 viewswkj

Characters from Portman Road you'll miss over the Summer on 10:33 - May 8 by portmanking

There's a bloke behind us in the North Lower Block 5 who spends more time looking at his accas and Super 6 than the match, most weeks. It's become a rolling joke as to how early his accas are blown out of the water. Usually followed by an "I can't believe it, Crewe are losing, they've won their last nine".

That could be any of a number of people from TWTD

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024