Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? 16:02 - May 1 with 3469 viewsSitfcB

Is it natural just to have a little bit of doubt?

This is Ipswich Town after all…

I’m probably 90% sure we’ll do it, Exeter style as well…but the 10% doubt is horrible.

Still a job to do!

COYB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

You're joking right....? on 16:07 - May 1 with 2615 viewsBloots

....I'm 90% certain we won't do it.

I've convinced myself that they score early, after us knobbing around with it at the back, and then we spend about 85 minutes failing to break down 10 men behind the ball.

FFS.

I'm going back to bed.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:07 - May 1 with 2616 viewsSomethingBlue

Yes it's that 10%. We've all seen weird things happen in football. It can happen to us. I've nasty images of how Dortmund were so geared up for a party on the final day of last year's Bundesliga season before massively fluffing it. It's entirely possible we have adverse moments on Saturday and hopefully everyone is calm enough to help the players through them. So agonisingly close though.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:08 - May 1 with 2600 viewsZx1988

I never underestimate the ability (even now) for us to go Full Ipswich in this sort of situation.

It might be worth noting that the Huddersfield/Leeds double is about 18/1 at the moment - £20 could well pay for playoff travel/tickets if we do manage to balls it up.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:08 - May 1 with 2596 viewsIllinoisblue

I’m allowing myself today to enjoy all the content and reaction then will be full on nervous again from tomorrow. Will need an early goal from us to settle the nerves or preferably an Exeter-style goalfest.

Imagine if we’re 0-0 at 70 mins and Leeds are up by a couples. Fk that. And fk it again.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:09 - May 1 with 2575 viewsNutkins_Return

It's football. We could have a player sent off in the first 5 mins.

Like Cov last night Huddersfield can play pressure free for the first time in weeks. Makes them dangerous. But we are better than them and will have more to give. We just need to be ruthless and swarm the life out of them.

God an early goal would settle us right down!!! What I'd give for a few goals in the first half to us
Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:09 - May 1 with 2578 viewsBrianTablet

Absolutely. I can't believe how many people are talking like it's a done deal.
Get the point first, THEN do all the celebrating you want.
It's not negativity, it's just common sense.

I've faith in the manager and the team, but the beauty of football is its unpredictability.

COYBBs!

If all goes well, we'll be going ecstatic on the pitch by 2.30pm.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:10 - May 1 with 2542 viewsBiGDonnie

Nope. We do it in style. Huddersfield won't want to help Leeds out one bit.

3-0. 2-0 up after 20 mins.

Party time.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:17 - May 1 with 2438 viewshype313

Even if the worst happens and they sh1thouse a 1-0, Leeds still need to beat Saints, which isn't a foregone conclusion.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:17 - May 1 with 2437 viewsTrequartista

Hudds are 12/1 so that’s a 92% Ipswich win/draw chance. Leeds are 3/5 to win so add 42% chance of that extra 8% (92 + 3)= 95% chance of auto promotion.

Feel any better? Didn’t think so.
[Post edited 1 May 16:21]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:19 - May 1 with 2419 viewsyorkshireblue

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:10 - May 1 by BiGDonnie

Nope. We do it in style. Huddersfield won't want to help Leeds out one bit.

3-0. 2-0 up after 20 mins.

Party time.

Last time Leeds got promoted, it was as a result of Huddersfield winning a game in which they had nothing to play for.
Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:19 - May 1 with 2411 viewsKeno

re-arrange the following numbers to give you a nightmare scenario

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:22 - May 1 with 2335 viewsClareBlue

Officially the chance of Huddersfield and Leeds winning is 7 percent. So we are 93 percent chance of being promoted on Saturday.
Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:25 - May 1 with 2288 viewsbaxterbasics

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:17 - May 1 by Trequartista

Hudds are 12/1 so that’s a 92% Ipswich win/draw chance. Leeds are 3/5 to win so add 42% chance of that extra 8% (92 + 3)= 95% chance of auto promotion.

Looking at William Hill, can get 16/1 on Leeds top two or similar on a Leeds/Hudds double which is obviously the same thing at this point.

Might be worth a little 'insurance' bet so you get a consolation payout if the worst happens.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:27 - May 1 with 2256 viewsNthQldITFC

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:17 - May 1 by Trequartista

Point of order: You should be adding 38.5% of 8 which is 3% so ONLY 95% chance of auto promotion.

Edit: And, oh buggar, you've already fixed it, sorry.
[Post edited 1 May 16:27]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:27 - May 1 with 2242 viewsFrimleyBlue

I know there's many many reasons why we play out from the back, but that alone is why this saturday isn't a given.

You think of some of the goals we've conceded this season, Not many bar leeds, have torn us apart, and even then it was just gaping holes.

But we've had the occasional, one recently where we've gifted the ball to the opposition just outside our box... all it takes is one of those and a parked bus for the remainder of the game and it could be game over.

I just want us to be sensible, no corners of ours leading to attacks for them as coventry almost did to us, and no messing about outside our box, just pass sensibly and with space around you, if it aint there, no trying broadhead nug megs that don't come off, just hoof the damn thing.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:28 - May 1 with 2233 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:19 - May 1 by Keno

re-arrange the following numbers to give you a nightmare scenario

End of the first World War?
A nightmare scenario for Germany that led to the second World War?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:29 - May 1 with 2210 viewsNthQldITFC

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:27 - May 1 by FrimleyBlue

I know there's many many reasons why we play out from the back, but that alone is why this saturday isn't a given.

You think of some of the goals we've conceded this season, Not many bar leeds, have torn us apart, and even then it was just gaping holes.

But we've had the occasional, one recently where we've gifted the ball to the opposition just outside our box... all it takes is one of those and a parked bus for the remainder of the game and it could be game over.

I just want us to be sensible, no corners of ours leading to attacks for them as coventry almost did to us, and no messing about outside our box, just pass sensibly and with space around you, if it aint there, no trying broadhead nug megs that don't come off, just hoof the damn thing.

Where are your cojones?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:30 - May 1 with 2171 viewsFrimleyBlue

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:29 - May 1 by NthQldITFC

Where are your cojones?

Still looking for them after that last minute shot last night lol

Waka waka eh eh

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:31 - May 1 with 2176 viewsiamipswich

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:08 - May 1 by Zx1988

I never underestimate the ability (even now) for us to go Full Ipswich in this sort of situation.

It might be worth noting that the Huddersfield/Leeds double is about 18/1 at the moment - £20 could well pay for playoff travel/tickets if we do manage to balls it up.

Lumped on, thanks

Poll: Who will return first?

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:32 - May 1 with 2148 viewsBluestu

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:08 - May 1 by Zx1988

Me and my son have put £50 each on a Huddersfield Leeds double - so £1800 insurance policy in place should the worst happen

I never win bets either but in the circumstances happy to lose the money
Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:40 - May 1 with 2097 viewsBlueschev

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:27 - May 1 by FrimleyBlue

I'd just like us to stick to the style of play that has got us to 93 points from 45 games, one defeat at home, and the highest amount of goals in the division.

Huddersfield need to score 15, why would they park the bus at 1-0?
Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:45 - May 1 with 2040 viewsFrimleyBlue

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:40 - May 1 by Blueschev

I'd just like us to stick to the style of play that has got us to 93 points from 45 games, one defeat at home, and the highest amount of goals in the division.

They aren't going to score anywhere near 15 goals,

the fans might want them to roll over, but the players might fancy beating 2nd place town

Waka waka eh eh

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:46 - May 1 with 2021 viewsle2blue

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:19 - May 1 by yorkshireblue

Last time Leeds got promoted, it was as a result of Huddersfield winning a game in which they had nothing to play for.

Did not need to know this fact.
Bucket loads of doubt (n/t) on 16:47 - May 1 with 1982 viewsSwansea_Blue

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:51 - May 1 with 1881 viewsBattersea_Blue

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:40 - May 1 by Blueschev

To win the game. Unfortunately that’s all they have to play for . .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024