Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich 15:01 - Apr 5 with 4707 viewsle2blue

Personally not a fan of booing our former players, especially academy ones and he wasn’t treated very well by Cookie, although always to side to a story…
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68741934
Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:05 - Apr 5 with 3245 viewslowhouseblue

how does the bbc website have space for such a non-story. player dislikes being booed. surely that could be written hundreds of times a season with a different player each time?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:06 - Apr 5 with 3217 viewsSitfcB

Blub

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:06 - Apr 5 with 3217 viewsKropotkin123

Bit odd to boo him. I don't see the motive, even before reading the link. We're usually positive towards returning players.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:08 - Apr 5 with 3178 viewsSitfcB

Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:06 - Apr 5 by Kropotkin123

Bit odd to boo him. I don't see the motive, even before reading the link. We're usually positive towards returning players.

He wanted out.

And then he was a bit of a knob during the game.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:10 - Apr 5 with 3152 viewsportmanking

Have to admit I found the boos a bit distasteful. As he said, he was pretty much forced out. It wasn't his fault he was having to play with a bunch of journeymen week in, week out.

I'd take him back in a heartbeat as Morsy's long-term replacement, but you wonder if he'd even entertain it now...
Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:11 - Apr 5 with 3113 viewsGeoffSentence

Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:06 - Apr 5 by Kropotkin123

I don't recall any boos aimed at him. There could have been and I just missed it, but equally there was some booing of the ref for being useless and Russell Martin for being a former budgie and current knobhead. I wonder if Downes got the wrong end of the stick from some of that booing.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:13 - Apr 5 with 3086 viewsjasondozzell

Agree. I thought the boos really odd. He was great for us during a really difficult spell, was too good to stay in league one and the manager sidelined him. I think he felt he had to go to play football at a level that matched his ability. He was always a hard worker. Boos felt forced.
Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:14 - Apr 5 with 3070 viewsSchancheITFC

Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:08 - Apr 5 by SitfcB

He wanted out.

Downes and Dozzell were more worried about their Opta statistics.
Login to get fewer ads

Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:16 - Apr 5 with 3028 viewsmrshallisfit

He does come across as a bit of self-important little pr##k to me. Shame, as he the makings of a very fine player.
Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:17 - Apr 5 with 2999 viewsJ2BLUE

There's this fan created idea that he left because he thought he was too good for us. Which is odd because even if it was true, it would have been entirely fair.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:18 - Apr 5 with 2974 viewsITFC_Forever

He wasn’t even booed that much.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:20 - Apr 5 with 2933 viewshoppy

Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:18 - Apr 5 by ITFC_Forever

I don't recall any, apart from the ones at the ref at half time.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:23 - Apr 5 with 2875 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'd have him back quite happily. I don't see why people get the huff when a player moves on - it happens all the time.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:25 - Apr 5 with 2861 viewsChorleyBoy

This type of story is probably best taken with a huge pinch of salt.

BBC Radio Solent probably mentioned the booing to Downes and then BBC national picked up on his comments and made a mountain out of it all.

I've always liked Flynn Downes, he was one of our own and is a classy and combative player who would certainly be a great addition to our side if it ever came to that.

Ignore the silly provocative article.
Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:29 - Apr 5 with 2797 viewsportmanking

Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:20 - Apr 5 by hoppy

He was definitely booed when he touched the ball on occasion in the NSL.
Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:30 - Apr 5 with 2779 viewstractorboy1978

Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:10 - Apr 5 by portmanking

Have to admit I found the boos a bit distasteful. As he said, he was pretty much forced out. It wasn't his fault he was having to play with a bunch of journeymen week in, week out.

I'd take him back in a heartbeat as Morsy's long-term replacement, but you wonder if he'd even entertain it now...

Spot on. McKenna really likes him as well and no doubt he'd be on the radar in the summer if we went up. Divs are gonna be divs though I suppose.
Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:38 - Apr 5 with 2668 viewsPioneerBlue

Fans are fans. It seems to be a culture at the time with players at the club. Interesting he’s still baring that grudge to the extent he’s worried by a handful of fans.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:38 - Apr 5 with 2657 viewsHerbivore

I didn't really notice the boos to be honest but seems a bit silly to boo him. Thought he looked very good on Monday and I'd have him back here in a heartbeat.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:38 - Apr 5 with 2650 viewsIllinoisblue

Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:18 - Apr 5 by ITFC_Forever

Was he booed before or after he wildly celebrated their second goal?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:41 - Apr 5 with 2608 viewstractorboy1978

Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:38 - Apr 5 by Illinoisblue

Was he booed before or after he wildly celebrated their second goal?

Every time he touched the ball straight from kick off from a section of fans.
Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:42 - Apr 5 with 2596 viewsZx1988

If he hadn't acted like an absolute twot throughout the vast majority of his time on the pitch (over-celebrating their goal, trying to get Morsy sent off etc.,) I'm sure he wouldn't have been booed.

Simple as.

F**k around and find out.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:50 - Apr 5 with 2477 viewsKropotkin123

Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:08 - Apr 5 by SitfcB

He wanted out.

He's complaining about during the game? 😂

I imagined it was when the lineups were called.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:51 - Apr 5 with 2456 viewsOsborneOneNil

Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:30 - Apr 5 by tractorboy1978

Spot on. McKenna really likes him as well and no doubt he'd be on the radar in the summer if we went up. Divs are gonna be divs though I suppose.

Is he Prem, though?

Looks potentially one of those too good for the Champ, but not good enough for the Prem. Not sure.
Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:56 - Apr 5 with 2413 viewsSteve_M

Yes, it was pretty crap really. The treatment of Downes by Lambert and Cook was abysmal that last season he here.

He does need to control how obviously wound up he gets at times still but he's an excellent Championship player now.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:58 - Apr 5 with 2381 viewsChurchman

Southampton midfielder 'wound up' after being booed at Ipswich on 15:20 - Apr 5 by hoppy

That’s all I heard from the West Stand Stalls. The ref got it and deservedly so. But I didn’t hear anything against the Southampton players or Downes particularly.

As for Downes, I don’t know the bloke. Might be salt of the earth, kind to animals and everything. But I didn’t like his attitude at the end of his time with us any more than I did a lot of the players. And he doesn’t endear himself to me now. Comes across as a self opinionated pillock tbh. If what the article says is correct, he’d have been better advised to keep his gob shut. But that may just be the way he is being presented and my interpretation. You can never believe all you read.

Jason Dozzell got a boatload of earache when he played for Spurs here, but he took it for what it was and is rightly considered by all who saw him deservedly a ‘hall of famer’. Top bloke. If Downes did get a bit of stick off a few, he should not be so precious about it. He’s deservedly having a good career - who cares what opposition fans think?

Would I want to see him back here? In all honesty, unless I’ve read him completely wrong and he desperately wants to play for us again, no. Just my opinion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024