Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New investors 17:02 - Mar 22 with 5214 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

New investors on 17:31 - Mar 22 with 1301 viewsMetal_Hacker

New investors on 17:27 - Mar 22 by tractorboy1978

It's been obvious from the start. We've got some serious (or even more serious) backing behind us now. Not that it'll help us with spending on the pitch but I expect the infrastructure projects will really take off now.

New Cobbold incoming I should imagine now

Poll: If it were one or the other

New investors on 17:31 - Mar 22 with 1297 viewsdirtyboy

Derisks ORGs investment substantially for starters but keeps them in control.

No idea about the new people, but you'd imagine they'll leave things alone unless asked to get involved.

Some of the money being used for training ground, so seems okay to me.

Not really big news imo, just financial stuff that's going on.
New investors on 17:32 - Mar 22 with 1268 viewsSitfcB

Need muncher to long in and explain it to us in simple terms.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

New investors on 17:33 - Mar 22 with 1250 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

New investors on 17:31 - Mar 22 by dirtyboy

Derisks ORGs investment substantially for starters but keeps them in control.

No idea about the new people, but you'd imagine they'll leave things alone unless asked to get involved.

Some of the money being used for training ground, so seems okay to me.

Not really big news imo, just financial stuff that's going on.

"Not really big news"?!?!

Blimey! I'd say 40% of the club being sold is pretty big news!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

New investors on 17:36 - Mar 22 with 1225 viewsurbanpenguin

I think going to Category 1 Academy is good news!
New investors on 17:37 - Mar 22 with 1215 viewsjasondozzell

We're certainly a long way from poor old Lee O'Neill being hung out to dry by Evans and left to talk about the clubs 'long term strategy ' these days aren't we...😁😁
New investors on 17:38 - Mar 22 with 1208 viewsGuthrum

New investors on 17:18 - Mar 22 by DublinBlue84

Personally what it does say that they don't think we will be promoted this year, or don't want to risk that we won't be. If they had waited a few months they might have made even more, but clearly didn't want to take the risk.

But it does put to bed the fact that we had some idea that ORG were going to stay long term as Ashton and the club keep banging on about, we're only two years in and already they've pretty much divested half their stake. Makes you look at Bristol City fan's view of him in a different light now.

But if they had waited a few more months, the opportunity (which others have said has been some time in the making*) may have gone. The timetable of financial dealings is not necessarily linked to the football calendar.

* And it's not like deals take five minutes to set up. How long were Gamechanger talking to Evans before he agreed to sell?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

New investors on 17:38 - Mar 22 with 1196 viewsFrimleyBlue

New investors on 17:27 - Mar 22 by tractorboy1978

It's been obvious from the start. We've got some serious (or even more serious) backing behind us now. Not that it'll help us with spending on the pitch but I expect the infrastructure projects will really take off now.

It was a must and now shares the financial load.

Better to have investors rather than 1 investor imo.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

New investors on 17:53 - Mar 22 with 1089 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Personally what it does say that they don't think we will be promoted this year, or don't want to risk that we won't be. If they had waited a few months they might have made even more, but clearly didn't want to take the risk.

But it does put to bed the fact that we had some idea that ORG were going to stay long term as Ashton and the club keep banging on about, we're only two years in and already they've pretty much divested half their stake. Makes you look at Bristol City fan's view of him in a different light now.

Hell of a lot of assumptions you're making there!

On point 1... conversely, surely this shows those investing think there's a good chance we will be promoted and they'll make an instant return!

On point 2... how does this put to bed the idea that ORG are staying long term? They're still the majority owner, just with another investor brought in. Selling a bit doesn't remotely suggest they're selling the lot!

And no, it's got nothing to do with Bristol City fans' views of Ashton.

I think you need a lie down fella!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

New investors on 17:57 - Mar 22 with 1058 viewsFromReuserWithLove

New investors on 17:36 - Mar 22 by urbanpenguin

I think going to Category 1 Academy is good news!

And proves long-term planning.
New investors on 17:57 - Mar 22 with 1061 viewsGuthrum

Moreover, buying now, when we're Championship and not guaranteed to go up, is cheaper and therefore allows more added value than purchasing an already Prem outfit whose value is unlikely to increase much more.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

New investors on 17:59 - Mar 22 with 1043 viewsJakeITFC

New investors on 17:57 - Mar 22 by Guthrum

Moreover, buying now, when we're Championship and not guaranteed to go up, is cheaper and therefore allows more added value than purchasing an already Prem outfit whose value is unlikely to increase much more.

I would have thought the upto £105m is a valuation that includes promotion - i.e. £260m if we got up but a bit lower now.
New investors on 18:01 - Mar 22 with 1029 viewsOldFart71

I'm not going to jump to conclusions about this "Investment". What I would say is look at Asda and Morrisons as examples of Private equity takeovers and whilst I am glad to see it's not a complete takeover which limits their impact if in future Gamechanger completely sold out I would have concerns. We always knew Gamechanger weren't playing with firefighters pension fund for the fun of it and that at some stage money would have to be made. A little soon perhaps, but given that we don't at present have any superstars coming through the youth team this will perhaps lessen the need for the likes of Davis to be sold if we didn't achieve promotion. I would question the statement of being an investment as all that has happened is part of the club has been sold for a significant amount on the original investment and whilst I am by no means an expert I presume this money isn't put into the club ?
New investors on 18:02 - Mar 22 with 1014 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Sam Simon.

The American dream right there, fled from Iraq, landed in Detroit at a young age, turned one truck into a billion gallon oil and gas delivery company.
[Post edited 22 Mar 18:04]
New investors on 18:06 - Mar 22 with 986 viewsFreddies_Ears

New investors on 17:33 - Mar 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

"Not really big news"?!?!

Blimey! I'd say 40% of the club being sold is pretty big news!

The existing owners have not sold 40% of the club. A new investor has put new funds in alongside the existing owners. The existing owner retains control of the club.
New investors on 18:08 - Mar 22 with 964 viewsPhilTWTD

Video interview if people haven't seen it.

New investors on 18:09 - Mar 22 with 953 viewsElderGrizzly

New investors on 17:24 - Mar 22 by PhilTWTD

They've always said they would bring other investors in along the way.

This is interesting from the club.

You’ve now got a private equity investor wanting a short-term return (5 yrs typically) which might make us take a few more financial risks (and have less patience?), combined with the long-term stability of a pension fund continuing to own the majority stake.

That rollercoaster ride just got an extra launch phase
New investors on 18:14 - Mar 22 with 903 viewsFrimleyBlue

New investors on 18:09 - Mar 22 by ElderGrizzly

This is interesting from the club.

You’ve now got a private equity investor wanting a short-term return (5 yrs typically) which might make us take a few more financial risks (and have less patience?), combined with the long-term stability of a pension fund continuing to own the majority stake.

That rollercoaster ride just got an extra launch phase

Doesn't it depend on what they are investing in and where their returns come from.

Could it be that they're putting money in to build the training ground. Maybe something in the old staples plot.. which would get them their roi over time. And the plans with the council in regards to the PR revamp.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

New investors on 18:15 - Mar 22 with 907 viewsCheltenham_Blue

New investors on 17:31 - Mar 22 by Metal_Hacker

New Cobbold incoming I should imagine now

Literally just thought the same.

MA says a few weeks ago that there will be announcements on the Cobbold soon, then three weeks later we announce £105m of investment. (Palace's new stand is expected to be £150m)

If I had to guess, there will be no date for the new Cobbold, the club will keep saying 'medium to long term' but I think we'll have planing submitted to IBC by the end of the season to look at.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

New investors on 18:23 - Mar 22 with 877 viewsMattinLondon

Drinking game suggestion - every time MA says ‘football club’ or ‘oxygen’ you have to take a swig of a strong drink. How long will you last?

Me - around a minute.
New investors on 18:28 - Mar 22 with 842 viewsElderGrizzly

New investors on 18:14 - Mar 22 by FrimleyBlue

Doesn't it depend on what they are investing in and where their returns come from.

Could it be that they're putting money in to build the training ground. Maybe something in the old staples plot.. which would get them their roi over time. And the plans with the council in regards to the PR revamp.

Agree. Lots of “it depends” issues here.

Just typically from the PE side, it’s a 5 to 7 year return model so will be interesting to see how it changes the risk appetite of the club (or not)
New investors on 18:31 - Mar 22 with 825 viewsjasondozzell

New investors on 18:08 - Mar 22 by PhilTWTD

Video interview if people haven't seen it.

Thanks, Phil.

Do we think Schwartz and Ashton had a bet about who could get the word 'oxygen' in the most?! 😁
New investors on 18:33 - Mar 22 with 812 viewsjasondozzell

New investors on 18:23 - Mar 22 by MattinLondon

Drinking game suggestion - every time MA says ‘football club’ or ‘oxygen’ you have to take a swig of a strong drink. How long will you last?

Me - around a minute.

😁😁😁😁😁

Sorry just saw your post! Yep - 'The Oxygen Football Club'

O2 R us
New investors on 18:33 - Mar 22 with 804 viewsTrequartista

New investors on 18:31 - Mar 22 by jasondozzell

Thanks, Phil.

Do we think Schwartz and Ashton had a bet about who could get the word 'oxygen' in the most?! 😁

He likes a 'pond' as well.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

New investors on 19:21 - Mar 22 with 657 viewsle2blue

New investors on 18:02 - Mar 22 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Sam Simon.

The American dream right there, fled from Iraq, landed in Detroit at a young age, turned one truck into a billion gallon oil and gas delivery company.
[Post edited 22 Mar 18:04]

He’s why we signed Ali, surely.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024