Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New investors 17:02 - Mar 22 with 5211 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

New investors on 19:26 - Mar 22 with 783 viewsBluespeed225

New investors on 17:19 - Mar 22 by Dubtractor

I'd share your reservation if they had sold a controlling interest, but that's not the case.

Appreciate that a private equity firm can be pretty cut-throat about getting a quick return (I've seen that in my professional life), but with 40% investment they are limited in their ability to do that.

And with us not owning the ground, the risks are also thankfully limited, for whoever owns us.

'Reservation', can we say that?
New investors on 19:45 - Mar 22 with 706 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

New investors on 18:02 - Mar 22 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Sam Simon.

The American dream right there, fled from Iraq, landed in Detroit at a young age, turned one truck into a billion gallon oil and gas delivery company.
[Post edited 22 Mar 18:04]

Well you've convinced me!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

New investors on 20:06 - Mar 22 with 642 viewsWicklowBlue

New investors on 18:23 - Mar 22 by MattinLondon

Drinking game suggestion - every time MA says ‘football club’ or ‘oxygen’ you have to take a swig of a strong drink. How long will you last?

Me - around a minute.

At least we're all swimming in the same boat together.
New investors on 20:30 - Mar 22 with 596 viewsChurchman

I’ve seen the interview(s) and offer the following thoughts:

1. Ashton and the management team have committed their short term future to the club.
2. They’re after Cat A
3. The additional investment from the new people and the Three Lions is in addition to, not instead of. The Pension Fund people are not taking money out, but they may of course be reducing what they’re putting in. Who know.
4. They were at pains to point out the sort of the existing management structure and a desire not to change it.
5. They are keen on investing in infrastructure.
6. Funding is sufficient without further investors.

I know Ashton is a salesman and bullsh£t bingo expert, but there is nothing in nearly three years that says overall he isn’t an asset to the football club. He is, as are his team.

Is there a downside to these investors? Who knows. They’re certainly going to paint what’s happening in a good light, but as a cynic and glass half empty merchant and despite having a vague knowledge of economic, it looks a good thing to me. I can only assume that as the club grows, so does the value of their assets.

Put it this way. Where we are now or where we were with Evans’ ….dismal efforts?I’ll take now.
[Post edited 22 Mar 20:31]
New investors on 20:31 - Mar 22 with 585 viewsSwansea_Blue

How much does a new Cobbold stand cost to build?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

New investors on 20:32 - Mar 22 with 578 viewsazuremerlangus

New investors on 18:01 - Mar 22 by OldFart71

I'm not going to jump to conclusions about this "Investment". What I would say is look at Asda and Morrisons as examples of Private equity takeovers and whilst I am glad to see it's not a complete takeover which limits their impact if in future Gamechanger completely sold out I would have concerns. We always knew Gamechanger weren't playing with firefighters pension fund for the fun of it and that at some stage money would have to be made. A little soon perhaps, but given that we don't at present have any superstars coming through the youth team this will perhaps lessen the need for the likes of Davis to be sold if we didn't achieve promotion. I would question the statement of being an investment as all that has happened is part of the club has been sold for a significant amount on the original investment and whilst I am by no means an expert I presume this money isn't put into the club ?

I’m guessing very large investments in the club (training facilities/new stands etc) can either be done by using your own money (pension fund), borrowing from banks or from using investment gained from sharing stock. Choosing the latter when it has risen significantly (and hopefully not peaked) probably ain’t a bad choice but I’m no expert.
[Post edited 22 Mar 20:34]

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

New investors on 20:33 - Mar 22 with 575 viewsChurchman

New investors on 20:31 - Mar 22 by Swansea_Blue

How much does a new Cobbold stand cost to build?

ÂŁ104,999.00. Coincidence?

Actually I’ve no idea whatsoever 😃
New investors on 20:47 - Mar 22 with 546 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

New investors on 18:06 - Mar 22 by Freddies_Ears

The existing owners have not sold 40% of the club. A new investor has put new funds in alongside the existing owners. The existing owner retains control of the club.

Eh?

They have "secured a stake of just over 40 per cent of the club." That means 40% ownership of the club has been bought by them, (sold by the existing owners to them) with ORG retaining 50%. They haven't just given us free money!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Login to get fewer ads

New investors on 20:58 - Mar 22 with 507 viewsVic

New investors on 18:33 - Mar 22 by jasondozzell

😁😁😁😁😁

Sorry just saw your post! Yep - 'The Oxygen Football Club'

O2 R us

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

New investors on 21:01 - Mar 22 with 494 viewsjasondozzell

New investors on 20:47 - Mar 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

Eh?

They have "secured a stake of just over 40 per cent of the club." That means 40% ownership of the club has been bought by them, (sold by the existing owners to them) with ORG retaining 50%. They haven't just given us free money!

No I think what Freddie's Ears is saying is correct. It looks like the investment gives them 40% but ORG haven't sold any of their shares - they've just 'diluted' them so they aren't worth quite as much with another investment partner on board. So this is extra money.

Having watched the interview, I'm a bit calmer that this is all part of the original strategy. It still leaves a funny taste to hear words like private equity, capital, return on investment, but this is how football has gone.

I think this money will fund much of the infrastructure projects.

We're in a pretty robust state and being well run. Long may it continue!
New investors on 21:10 - Mar 22 with 473 viewswhymark4lazio0

New investors on 20:58 - Mar 22 by Vic

It was strange to be told of a ÂŁ105m investment AND that the club is run on fresh air.

Poll: Should these Polls show number of votes as well as percentages?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024