Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New investors 17:02 - Mar 22 with 5094 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

New investors on 17:05 - Mar 22 with 2999 viewsFrimleyBlue

First job. Sign hutchinson.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

New investors on 17:05 - Mar 22 with 2994 viewsMetal_Hacker

Yeah just seen this myself , not quite sure what it means for us as a club ?

So have Gamchanger sold 40% for a tidy profit ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

If... on 17:07 - Mar 22 with 2941 viewsScottCandage

If the new investors are not going to try to change Ashton's plans, this could be a boon to us. If things are going to change, we might be risking our success. I'll be optimistic for now.
New investors on 17:08 - Mar 22 with 2902 viewsDublinBlue84

New investors on 17:05 - Mar 22 by Metal_Hacker

My concern is that the article tells us nothing about these people, contrast to when gamechanger took over when we did know a lot about who took us over.

The current arrangement was working fine for us, I'd rather it have stayed the same.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

New investors on 17:09 - Mar 22 with 2877 viewsJ2BLUE

New investors on 17:05 - Mar 22 by Metal_Hacker

Now owned by pension fund (50%), these new investors (40%) and 10% combined for the Three Lions and others (Evans...)

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

New investors on 17:09 - Mar 22 with 2870 viewsMetal_Hacker

New investors on 17:08 - Mar 22 by DublinBlue84

My concern is that the article tells us nothing about these people, contrast to when gamechanger took over when we did know a lot about who took us over.

The current arrangement was working fine for us, I'd rather it have stayed the same.

I’m no multi millionaire and business owner but seeking 40% still offers Gamechanger control that’s my understanding

Poll: If it were one or the other

New investors on 17:10 - Mar 22 with 2812 viewsjasondozzell

What to make of this. Is this ORG realising some profit on their initial investment?

Instinctively find it worrying. Are they lined up for an eventual takeover do we think?

ORG and Gamechanger/Three Lions have been brilliant custodians since the takeover. Have to trust that continues.
New investors on 17:11 - Mar 22 with 2752 viewsFrimleyBlue

New investors on 17:09 - Mar 22 by Metal_Hacker

I’m no multi millionaire and business owner but seeking 40% still offers Gamechanger control that’s my understanding

Gamechanger only have 10%, don't they

50% and actual maj owners are ORG

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

New investors on 17:12 - Mar 22 with 2722 viewsDublinBlue84

New investors on 17:10 - Mar 22 by jasondozzell

What to make of this. Is this ORG realising some profit on their initial investment?

Instinctively find it worrying. Are they lined up for an eventual takeover do we think?

ORG and Gamechanger/Three Lions have been brilliant custodians since the takeover. Have to trust that continues.

Same here, I felt like we struck gold with ORG.

These new people are people from organisations that will want a quick return and to do things on a vastly different and quicker timescale, they are not going to want to stick around for the long term and build a sustainable club.

This feels like just another one of those club takeovers that could go either way, whereas with Gamechanger it was different.

Sorry but this is not good news.

New investors on 17:13 - Mar 22 with 2704 viewsMatt_Netherlands

I think they’ve basically just sold 40% of the club for the same about as they paid for 90% just over two years ago. Not a bad ROI that….
New investors on 17:13 - Mar 22 with 2701 viewsN2_Blue

Agreed. I don't think this is overly great or news that we should be excited about.

Short term is may give a cash injections but i'm very wary of American private equity firms in football. They are generally a disaster

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

New investors on 17:13 - Mar 22 with 2675 viewsDubtractor

Its basically more of the same is it not?

Gamechanger/ORG are in effect an investment management set up, which is what this new lot are, and Gamechanger/ORG still retain control.

They were always, as clearly stated, going to be looking for a return on their investment and this very much represents that, whilst not really changing the status quo that much.
[Post edited 22 Mar 17:15]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

New investors on 17:14 - Mar 22 with 2636 viewsDublinBlue84

New investors on 17:13 - Mar 22 by Dubtractor

Gamechanger/ORG are in effect an investment management set up, which is what this new lot are, and Gamechanger/ORG still retain control.

They were always, as clearly stated, going to be looking for a return on their investment and this very much represents that, whilst not really changing the status quo that much.

Bright Path are your typical private equity group, not a pension fund.

The great thing about Pension funds is that there is not such a desire for a quick return. One of the best things about our takeover was unlike so many of the American Private equaity takeovers that had gone wrong, ours was different.

If you see some of the noises that Ashton and ORG made in recent months about how ORG were not going to sell up anytime soon and were in it for the long haul, it's disheartening to see that maybe that wasn't 100% true.
[Post edited 22 Mar 17:16]

New investors on 17:15 - Mar 22 with 2617 viewsJakeITFC

Numbers aren't exactly right as doing it from memory, but they paid circa £30m for the club in 2021, invested maybe £50m tops and have now sold 40% for up to £105m, valuing the club at £263m.

Good business from them whatever way you cut it, and goes to show how bonkers football ownership is. That capital is still willing to be poured into it at that level only makes sense if Town become a long term, sustainable Premier League club.
New investors on 17:17 - Mar 22 with 2535 viewspennblue

New investors on 17:13 - Mar 22 by Dubtractor

I would agree, need to see how it pans out first. In a lot of ways, the fact that ORG have been able to reduce their holding, if they were wanting to do that, is fine. I would rather they continue with a controlling stake than bail completely. We now also have 2 investors that have the potential to put their hands in their pockets if needed. Not sure this helps us with FFP though.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

New investors on 17:18 - Mar 22 with 2517 viewsDublinBlue84

New investors on 17:15 - Mar 22 by JakeITFC

Numbers aren't exactly right as doing it from memory, but they paid circa £30m for the club in 2021, invested maybe £50m tops and have now sold 40% for up to £105m, valuing the club at £263m.

Good business from them whatever way you cut it, and goes to show how bonkers football ownership is. That capital is still willing to be poured into it at that level only makes sense if Town become a long term, sustainable Premier League club.

Personally what it does say that they don't think we will be promoted this year, or don't want to risk that we won't be. If they had waited a few months they might have made even more, but clearly didn't want to take the risk.

But it does put to bed the fact that we had some idea that ORG were going to stay long term as Ashton and the club keep banging on about, we're only two years in and already they've pretty much divested half their stake. Makes you look at Bristol City fan's view of him in a different light now.

New investors on 17:19 - Mar 22 with 2497 viewsDubtractor

New investors on 17:14 - Mar 22 by DublinBlue84

Bright Path are your typical private equity group, not a pension fund.

The great thing about Pension funds is that there is not such a desire for a quick return. One of the best things about our takeover was unlike so many of the American Private equaity takeovers that had gone wrong, ours was different.

If you see some of the noises that Ashton and ORG made in recent months about how ORG were not going to sell up anytime soon and were in it for the long haul, it's disheartening to see that maybe that wasn't 100% true.
[Post edited 22 Mar 17:16]

I'd share your reservation if they had sold a controlling interest, but that's not the case.

Appreciate that a private equity firm can be pretty cut-throat about getting a quick return (I've seen that in my professional life), but with 40% investment they are limited in their ability to do that.

And with us not owning the ground, the risks are also thankfully limited, for whoever owns us.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

New investors on 17:20 - Mar 22 with 2486 viewsSomethingBlue

On the face of it not the kind of outfit I am keen to see more of in football but let's see how this goes.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

New investors on 17:22 - Mar 22 with 2419 views_clive_baker_

New investors on 17:12 - Mar 22 by DublinBlue84

Same here, I felt like we struck gold with ORG.

These new people are people from organisations that will want a quick return and to do things on a vastly different and quicker timescale, they are not going to want to stick around for the long term and build a sustainable club.

This feels like just another one of those club takeovers that could go either way, whereas with Gamechanger it was different.

Sorry but this is not good news.

I suppose another way of looking at it is with a valuation like that the only way they'll realise a return is by selling us as a Premier league club.
New investors on 17:22 - Mar 22 with 2404 viewsDublinBlue84

New investors on 17:20 - Mar 22 by SomethingBlue

On the face of it not the kind of outfit I am keen to see more of in football but let's see how this goes.

Talks about this have been ongoing for a year or so according to Ashton and it was always their plan to bring someone else on after promotion according to Ashton on TownTV

Not sure if that contradicts things which have been said since.
[Post edited 22 Mar 17:25]

New investors on 17:23 - Mar 22 with 2364 viewsFrimleyBlue

New investors on 17:18 - Mar 22 by DublinBlue84

Personally what it does say that they don't think we will be promoted this year, or don't want to risk that we won't be. If they had waited a few months they might have made even more, but clearly didn't want to take the risk.

But it does put to bed the fact that we had some idea that ORG were going to stay long term as Ashton and the club keep banging on about, we're only two years in and already they've pretty much divested half their stake. Makes you look at Bristol City fan's view of him in a different light now.

Genuine question.

Did you expect ORG to be the only financer of the club?

Waka waka eh eh

New investors on 17:24 - Mar 22 with 2344 viewsPhilTWTD

New investors on 17:22 - Mar 22 by DublinBlue84

Talks about this have been ongoing for a year or so according to Ashton and it was always their plan to bring someone else on after promotion according to Ashton on TownTV

Not sure if that contradicts things which have been said since.
[Post edited 22 Mar 17:25]

They've always said they would bring other investors in along the way.
New investors on 17:25 - Mar 22 with 2314 viewsDubtractor

I take almost everything Ashton says with a pinch of salt - he is a brilliant salesman, and has done a fantastic job of building our club back up (clearly helped by the job McKenna is doing!), but you do often get the feeling he just says the best thing at any particular moment.

That's no major drama tbh, and still a huge step up from the non communication/occasional 5 point plan from Evans.
[Post edited 22 Mar 17:28]

New investors on 17:26 - Mar 22 with 2285 viewsJakeITFC

I don't know about that - they've retained a controlling stake and protected their original investment so now they're effectively freerolling what comes next.

If they sold out the lot then I'd share your concern, but even if this is someone coming along for a quick buck, a) all of the football staff/ownership group are on the board and b) the club only goes up in value with sustained investment in infrastructure/promotion.
New investors on 17:27 - Mar 22 with 2263 viewstractorboy1978

New investors on 17:23 - Mar 22 by FrimleyBlue

Genuine question.

Did you expect ORG to be the only financer of the club?

It's been obvious from the start. We've got some serious (or even more serious) backing behind us now. Not that it'll help us with spending on the pitch but I expect the infrastructure projects will really take off now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024