Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we go up this season are we ***ked? 21:50 - Mar 21 with 3801 viewsMelford

With this P+S thing? The last 3 years we have had 2 in League One where we made ***k all profit.So even though we have loaded owners we will have serious limitations on how much we can spend on the squad if we reach the promised land.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 21:56 - Mar 21 with 3310 viewsNthQldITFC

But we'll make a big 'profit' from TV money due at the end of the PL season, won't we, and can account for that in advance in our spending over the summer?

I dunno I can't stand all the money sh!t, it makes me want to puke.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 21:57 - Mar 21 with 3295 viewsSitfcB

I think it’s over three seasons as a Premier League club.

If it wasn’t then there’d be no point in a club like us, Luton last year, getting promoted.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 21:57 - Mar 21 with 3292 viewsSwansea_Blue

I doubt it, as the losses we can make would suddenly be ramped up to over £100m per 3 yrs compared to the £15m we’re allowed now. It’d give us loads more income and loads more headroom for losses (which we wouldn’t get anywhere near). We’re more likely to come a cropper of P&S rules in the Championship I’d have thought.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 21:57 - Mar 21 with 3296 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Yeah, no way these players could keep us up in the Championship let alone compete in the Premier League. The only way to survive in the Premier League would have been to spend over £100M on players.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 22:06 - Mar 21 with 3207 viewsbazza

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 21:57 - Mar 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

Yeah, no way these players could keep us up in the Championship let alone compete in the Premier League. The only way to survive in the Premier League would have been to spend over £100M on players.

Amazing how people Seem To be thinking about the negative side of everything, rather than enjoying the ride, and having faith in the people That now run our club, and have guided us into this amazing position, with simply good football business sense and good coaching/recruitment , that’s all You need, not over priced players.
If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 22:22 - Mar 21 with 3089 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

Even if that were true it's over compensated that if Leicester go up basically there are only 2 relegation positions. So actually a great time to go up if indeed Leicester did also.
If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 23:43 - Mar 21 with 2794 viewsGuthrum

The transfer window does not really get going until after the year end. So we'd be spending money in the same period we're beginning to get PL income.

Plus, as others have pointed out, our losses in the last two seasons have been tiny by Prem standards. So will contribute little to the overall three-year picture.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 01:47 - Mar 22 with 2652 viewsVegtablue

Nobody makes profit in this league or the one below. Normally ambitious clubs lose less in L1 because it's harder to lose as much (SCMP vs P&S rules). We would have a budget many times higher than if we remain in this league, but not nearly enough to buy an equivalent squad to Palace/Bournemouth off the shelf. Surviving our first season would be more impressive than either of the previous two, such is the challenge. However, ***ked is more often associated with longer term disaster, and going up is financially brilliant*.

*providing we don't stick it all on red and lose.
Login to get fewer ads

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 06:05 - Mar 22 with 2469 viewstonybied

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 22:22 - Mar 21 by E_I_E_I_E_I_O

Even if that were true it's over compensated that if Leicester go up basically there are only 2 relegation positions. So actually a great time to go up if indeed Leicester did also.

Not sure a 4-6 point deduction will doom them to relegation.
If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 08:01 - Mar 22 with 2178 viewsBlueRaider

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 21:57 - Mar 21 by SitfcB

I think it’s over three seasons as a Premier League club.

If it wasn’t then there’d be no point in a club like us, Luton last year, getting promoted.

Yes, but Forest are only in their second season and are getting punished

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 08:23 - Mar 22 with 2076 viewsChurchman

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 22:06 - Mar 21 by bazza

Amazing how people Seem To be thinking about the negative side of everything, rather than enjoying the ride, and having faith in the people That now run our club, and have guided us into this amazing position, with simply good football business sense and good coaching/recruitment , that’s all You need, not over priced players.

I agree. Whatever happens between now and May we’ve just seen two seasons of a lifetime. 179 points, 181 goals with eight games to play and exciting football that I never thought I’d see again at PR. I’m enjoying the moment.

Whatever happens, the future looks interesting and positive. I’ve no idea how the finances work, how the PL works (other than to the benefit of the top clubs), but I do know the club is in a far better place, infrastructure, assets, players, organisation than it was three years ago. It’s progressing and it’s fun.
If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 08:26 - Mar 22 with 2061 viewsArnieM

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 21:56 - Mar 21 by NthQldITFC

But we'll make a big 'profit' from TV money due at the end of the PL season, won't we, and can account for that in advance in our spending over the summer?

I dunno I can't stand all the money sh!t, it makes me want to puke.

Town appears to be courting sky this season. I’ve never known us to have so much coverage ( I understand why, coz we’re stunning to watch), but I wonder what the Club has made from all these matches screened this season?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 08:27 - Mar 22 with 2051 viewsElephantintheRoom

I think you’ll find the ‘owners’ have very little money and are living off spiralling loans - which in at least one case are coming home to roost. I doubt the pension fund who financed the purchase will be committing anything beyond what was in the original agreement as they are duty bound to get a return - not subsidise a small town football club living beyond its means in a foreign land.

As to the effect of promotion- simple maths shows this is by far the best option - as well as giving the ‘owners’ something to cream off - and the bonus of relegation payments to keep the gravy train rolling. IF Town get knocked out in the play offs the two years of massive overspending exiting division 3 come home to roost - and player sales will be needed, not to mention perhaps a five year plan with an abrupt u-turn on the academy.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 08:30 - Mar 22 with 2042 viewsCheltenham_Blue

We aren't stupid, it's £100m for finishing bottom of the Premier League, plus we can lose £35m a year. We'll be buying players with something to prove, and players that KMc thinks he can coach.

If we go up, the only thing we should be worrying about is how we finish 17th or higher, literally nothing else. We need to be there for 3 or 4 seasons to become 'established'.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 08:34 - Mar 22 with 2017 viewsBABLUE

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 08:01 - Mar 22 by BlueRaider

If we went up we would be able to lose £35M in that first year, assuming that we have lost only £13M a year over the past 2 seasons.

Our three year losses would be £61M as we had 2 years in the EFL with losses of £13M per year allowed.

We would have an extra £100M to spend as well which certainly helps, plus any additional revenue that promotion would provide.
If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 08:45 - Mar 22 with 1979 viewsrodney76

Googled, so it might not be accurate. Should be though.

"Official figures for the 2020-21 season showed that broadcast revenue incredibly totalled more than £2.5bn and was distributed among the 20 clubs in the Premier League.

Of that, each club was guaranteed at least £31.4m in equal share payments, £47.5m in international TV money and £5.9m in central commercial payments: a baseline of roughly £84.8m per team, regardless of position. In fact, Norwich City, who finished bottom of the league in that campaign, were handed just over £101.5m.

By comparison, Championships clubs only receive around £8m in TV rights income for a season spent in the second tier."

I assume parachute money is added to the 20th. placed club's £101.5m haul?

It's an expensive life-style, though.
If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 08:53 - Mar 22 with 1942 viewsITFC_Forever

Forest went on a crazy trolley dash and spent the best part of a quarter of a billion though.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 09:11 - Mar 22 with 1857 viewsCotty

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 08:27 - Mar 22 by ElephantintheRoom

I think you’ll find the ‘owners’ have very little money and are living off spiralling loans - which in at least one case are coming home to roost. I doubt the pension fund who financed the purchase will be committing anything beyond what was in the original agreement as they are duty bound to get a return - not subsidise a small town football club living beyond its means in a foreign land.

As to the effect of promotion- simple maths shows this is by far the best option - as well as giving the ‘owners’ something to cream off - and the bonus of relegation payments to keep the gravy train rolling. IF Town get knocked out in the play offs the two years of massive overspending exiting division 3 come home to roost - and player sales will be needed, not to mention perhaps a five year plan with an abrupt u-turn on the academy.

How many responses do you need to get it up?
If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 09:20 - Mar 22 with 1804 viewsITFC_Forever

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 08:27 - Mar 22 by ElephantintheRoom

Selling to re-invest is nothing new....

If we don't go up, then the likes of Leif will be sold for £15m - £25m to allow us to reinvest in the next crop of £1m - £2m signings.

That's a tale as old as time. (Kieron Dyer etc).

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 09:39 - Mar 22 with 1721 viewsPinewoodblue

The permitted loss per season is currently £35m for Premier League but £13M for Championship. So in the second season in EPL Forest were permitted to lose 2x £35m + £13m.

I’m sure Ipswich have budgeted to sail close to the limit this season, hopefully close enough to avoid a deduction.

The only losers in all this are the fans, be it those of clubs suffering relegation as a result or supported of clubs that are relegated, or miss out on promotion because other cheating and avoiding punishment.

Leicester fans could possibly lose out both ways as unlucky to be relegated last season.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 10:01 - Mar 22 with 1645 viewsEuropablue

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 22:22 - Mar 21 by E_I_E_I_E_I_O

It depends how well Leicester do. They could overcome a 12 point deduction if they had an excellent season like we did the last time we went up. It would be ideal for us if Leeds went up automatically with us and Leicester beat Norwich in the playoff final.
If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 10:04 - Mar 22 with 1619 viewsflykickingbybgunn

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 09:39 - Mar 22 by Pinewoodblue

The permitted loss per season is currently £35m for Premier League but £13M for Championship. So in the second season in EPL Forest were permitted to lose 2x £35m + £13m.

I’m sure Ipswich have budgeted to sail close to the limit this season, hopefully close enough to avoid a deduction.

The only losers in all this are the fans, be it those of clubs suffering relegation as a result or supported of clubs that are relegated, or miss out on promotion because other cheating and avoiding punishment.

Leicester fans could possibly lose out both ways as unlucky to be relegated last season.

I have it in the back of my mind that when Alf won the 1st Division he did it with 6 players that had been with them in the 3rd. So survival up there is doable with this present squad augmented as required.
As for immediate money the Budgies took out a loan this year to be set against their parachute  payment at the end of the year.
If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 10:08 - Mar 22 with 1594 viewsEuropablue

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 08:30 - Mar 22 by Cheltenham_Blue

We aren't stupid, it's £100m for finishing bottom of the Premier League, plus we can lose £35m a year. We'll be buying players with something to prove, and players that KMc thinks he can coach.

If we go up, the only thing we should be worrying about is how we finish 17th or higher, literally nothing else. We need to be there for 3 or 4 seasons to become 'established'.

On that note, if we do go up you'd expect us to have a better end to the season and maybe not such a great start to the season considering we will probably bring in more players to make the jump up and KM will probably have to bring in players that have potential, which will only really show towards the end of the season especially when they really understand our patterns of play and build up relationships with the other players. Assuming Leicester go up, psychologically, It must be good to look at the table and know that you won't be bottom for at least 3 or 4 matches due to points deductions.
If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 10:10 - Mar 22 with 1584 viewsEuropablue

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 09:39 - Mar 22 by Pinewoodblue

The other way we are all losers is that prices have to go up across the board because increasing revenue boost competitiveness.
If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 10:11 - Mar 22 with 1588 viewsGuthrum

If we go up this season are we ***ked? on 23:43 - Mar 21 by Guthrum

The transfer window does not really get going until after the year end. So we'd be spending money in the same period we're beginning to get PL income.

Plus, as others have pointed out, our losses in the last two seasons have been tiny by Prem standards. So will contribute little to the overall three-year picture.

Further to this, having read the rules in more detail, for the seasons in L1/Champ, the figure is £5m + £8m = £13m, rather than £5m + £30m = £35m in the Prem.

Our 2022-23 figures have not yet been released (usually happens April time), but in 2021-22 the overall figure was £14.3m. However, that includes "allowable" outgoings, such things as infrastructure, the academy and admin costs, which will be excluded from S&P/FFP calculations. So almost certainly well within the limits. Since that time, we've also been on TV a lot more, sold more merchandise and increased ticket sales by at least 25%. Not to mention moving up to the Championship, thus getting a bigger share of the solidarity payments.

So there's a high likelihood of us being within the limits for last season and this. That would give us reasonable leeway to spend a bit should we make it to the Prem. Not a vast amount, but then I don't believe we'd go on a wild shopping spree upon promotion, in any case. Plus, of course, transfer fees can effectively be spread over up to five seasons.
[Post edited 22 Mar 10:25]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024