Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… 17:56 - Mar 21 with 9557 viewsITFC_Forever

But has anyone said why the flag has been changed? Or are they creating something to moan about (ie; that it’s woke nonsense)?

Personally don’t see why they’ve done it, and I won’t be buying it - not as some kind of anti-woke protest, but because at £125 or £85, it’s a massive rip-off.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 22:18 - Mar 21 with 1418 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 21:16 - Mar 21 by Bigalhunter

Seems to have upset the usual suspects, both in the wider world and on here.
I had my TWTD bingo card ready and it’s filling up as expected.

Keir Barton has a problem with it too...
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/mar/21/keir-starmer-calls-for-england-

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 22:20 - Mar 21 with 1406 viewsGlasgowBlue

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 21:16 - Mar 21 by Bigalhunter

Seems to have upset the usual suspects, both in the wider world and on here.
I had my TWTD bingo card ready and it’s filling up as expected.

You're easily entertained.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 22:22 - Mar 21 with 1405 views_clive_baker_

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 22:18 - Mar 21 by BanksterDebtSlave

Keir Barton has a problem with it too...
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/mar/21/keir-starmer-calls-for-england-

Flag sh@gger Starmer they call him
Tory snowflakes. (n/t) on 22:23 - Mar 21 with 1389 viewsBloots

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 22:16 - Mar 21 by _clive_baker_

I see Starmer wants it changed

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-68632034

AKA - "Elite Pete"

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 22:23 - Mar 21 with 1404 viewsSwansea_Blue

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 22:16 - Mar 21 by _clive_baker_

That’s no surprise and mirrors his response to other issues. He’s trying to reach out across the divide and blunt the political impact of these ongoing culture wars. It wouldn’t have been on his radar if there wasn’t a fuss being kicked up by the right wing media/pundits.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Bleedin' culture wars, innit. (n/t) on 22:25 - Mar 21 with 1378 viewsBloots

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 22:22 - Mar 21 by _clive_baker_

Flag sh@gger Starmer they call him

AKA - "Elite Pete"

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 06:07 - Mar 22 with 1279 viewstextbackup

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 22:20 - Mar 21 by GlasgowBlue

For someone that barely features on here he’s quickly become an unlikable pr1ck

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 06:28 - Mar 22 with 1254 viewsBuhrer

I think it was just some fat headed conceited design idea by Nike, with no aim apart from their own intellectual and moral vacancy. Now there's a squillion silly shirts needing selling. Outraged? They polled the country and 51.9% love the new shirt. Huzzah!

Login to get fewer ads

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 07:19 - Mar 22 with 1211 viewsBuffaloBill

It seems fairly obvious why it would annoy some people. Every single small act from say removing "Happy Christmas" from cards (as example) has led to an ever increasing erosion of a Christian society. Lots of people rightfully see small things like this and see where things end up.

Rightly or wrongly it seems to be happening constantly and every small act or gesture like this fuels the fire, using the tiresome "Gammon" line is rather childish also.

Poll: Incentives to want to be promoted

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 07:45 - Mar 22 with 1172 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 07:19 - Mar 22 by BuffaloBill

It seems fairly obvious why it would annoy some people. Every single small act from say removing "Happy Christmas" from cards (as example) has led to an ever increasing erosion of a Christian society. Lots of people rightfully see small things like this and see where things end up.

Rightly or wrongly it seems to be happening constantly and every small act or gesture like this fuels the fire, using the tiresome "Gammon" line is rather childish also.

Where has "Happy Christmas" been removed from cards?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 07:46 - Mar 22 with 1166 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 22:23 - Mar 21 by Swansea_Blue

That’s no surprise and mirrors his response to other issues. He’s trying to reach out across the divide and blunt the political impact of these ongoing culture wars. It wouldn’t have been on his radar if there wasn’t a fuss being kicked up by the right wing media/pundits.

He also wants the price reduced, but the article writer decided not to lead with that, presumably due to it not being quite so 'newsworthy'.

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 07:53 - Mar 22 with 1148 viewsBlueRaider

Interestingly Kier Starmer has said it should be changed back to the flag

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 07:56 - Mar 22 with 1129 viewsGlasgowBlue

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 07:53 - Mar 22 by BlueRaider

Really? I wish somebody had posted that earlier.

Iron Lion Zion

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 08:00 - Mar 22 with 1113 viewsGlasgowBlue

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 07:45 - Mar 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

In his head.

Iron Lion Zion

Yeah, I know what you mean.... on 08:16 - Mar 22 with 1093 viewsbazza

Yeah, I know what you mean.... on 21:26 - Mar 21 by Bloots

....I had a bingo card of all the posters who'd be saying how insignificant it was and how great they were for not caring about it.

Funny old place this.

Innit.

You notice the ones who it has upset could fill all the stadiums for any sports across the country.. and the ones who “like it”, wouldn’t win you any line.
England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 08:34 - Mar 22 with 1046 viewsBuffaloBill

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 08:00 - Mar 22 by GlasgowBlue

In his head.

It was an example, like removing Christmas nativity plays, an example, people laugh it off as "gammons" but reality is it's the all things that lead to subtle changes.

As example some fish and chip shop not being able to incorporate a union jack in some logo outside, like changing place names because "they offend" like all the virtual signalling that happens every day, week on week. The Joey Barton's of this world hold extreme views, lots and lots of sensible people see where little things like this gesture as another shift.

I couldn't care less to be honest, havent bought a replice shirt since I became an adult, but each to their own.

Poll: Incentives to want to be promoted

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 08:40 - Mar 22 with 1033 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 07:45 - Mar 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

Won't somebody please think of the ever increasing erosion of a Christian society?!
[Post edited 22 Mar 8:42]
England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 08:57 - Mar 22 with 1002 viewsRadlett_blue

He's not wrong though, is he? If international sport is to have any point, at least countries should play under their real flag.
My only guess is that Nike did this deliberately in order to get attention about another launch of an over-priced, mundane kit.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 09:18 - Mar 22 with 966 viewsartsbossbeard

We jus don't get the time to focus on our anger any more, do we?

Yesterday morning I was getting high blood pressure about a chippy owner in Greenwich who's been asked to take down his Union Flag painting from his conservation protected building and now I'm getting stampy feet about a teeny-weeny flag.

It's a liberty.

When will this madness end?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 09:29 - Mar 22 with 919 viewsJ2BLUE

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 07:53 - Mar 22 by BlueRaider

Starmer is playing his role perfectly. I'm sure he couldn't care less but it helps win over a certain section of society.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 09:35 - Mar 22 with 897 viewsBigalhunter

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 22:20 - Mar 21 by GlasgowBlue

It’s a bit less time consuming than a spreadsheet, but each to his own.
England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 09:51 - Mar 22 with 866 viewsredrickstuhaart

These days, you get arrested for being english. These days.
England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 09:54 - Mar 22 with 859 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 08:34 - Mar 22 by BuffaloBill

It was an example, like removing Christmas nativity plays, an example, people laugh it off as "gammons" but reality is it's the all things that lead to subtle changes.

As example some fish and chip shop not being able to incorporate a union jack in some logo outside, like changing place names because "they offend" like all the virtual signalling that happens every day, week on week. The Joey Barton's of this world hold extreme views, lots and lots of sensible people see where little things like this gesture as another shift.

I couldn't care less to be honest, havent bought a replice shirt since I became an adult, but each to their own.

It's not a true example though.

This is exactly my point - made up nonsense by the daily fail to enrage fools who aren't too bothered about the facts.

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 10:04 - Mar 22 with 829 viewsSwansea_Blue

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 07:46 - Mar 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

He also wants the price reduced, but the article writer decided not to lead with that, presumably due to it not being quite so 'newsworthy'.

They are ridiculously expensive. That shouldn’t be news to anyone though. Top club PL kits are within £5 of that.

Given all the fuss, I thought I’d take a look at the England store. The cross in question isn’t even visible on the shirt when it’s on - it seems to be on the inside.

https://www.englandstore.com/en/england-nike-away-stadium-shirt-2024-kids/p-3588

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 10:08 - Mar 22 with 811 viewsitfcjoe

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 10:04 - Mar 22 by Swansea_Blue

They are ridiculously expensive. That shouldn’t be news to anyone though. Top club PL kits are within £5 of that.

Given all the fuss, I thought I’d take a look at the England store. The cross in question isn’t even visible on the shirt when it’s on - it seems to be on the inside.

https://www.englandstore.com/en/england-nike-away-stadium-shirt-2024-kids/p-3588

The cross is on the home shirt collar, this is a different one inside the shirt - one that I couldn't give a toss about as it's not part of the kit in reality, unlike the one on the home shirt

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024