Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tory snowflakes update 18:23 - Mar 20 with 7807 viewstractordownsouth

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Tory snowflakes update on 14:20 - Mar 22 with 866 viewsitfcjoe

Tory snowflakes update on 13:27 - Mar 22 by DJR

Interestingly though, red, white and blues is a feature of the Union Jack, not the English flag, so even then it wasn't strictly correct to have blue in the kit.

And I've never really understood the blue shorts which go with the white shirt.
[Post edited 22 Mar 13:27]

At that point, and really all the way up until Euro '96 if you look in the crowd at England games you'd see the Union Jack rather than the cross of St George so can see why back then it would have been red, white and blue.

I think blue shorts go best with the kit, and as we have now gone back to having the same kit for the men's and women's team there are good reasons as to why white shorts shouldn't be worn and women's teams have gone away from them.

I think we have tried red shorts before but didn't really go, so the white shirts, blue shorts and white socks goes well for me and 'looks' like England at first glance

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tory snowflakes update on 15:28 - Mar 22 with 791 viewsDJR

Tory snowflakes update on 14:20 - Mar 22 by itfcjoe

At that point, and really all the way up until Euro '96 if you look in the crowd at England games you'd see the Union Jack rather than the cross of St George so can see why back then it would have been red, white and blue.

I think blue shorts go best with the kit, and as we have now gone back to having the same kit for the men's and women's team there are good reasons as to why white shorts shouldn't be worn and women's teams have gone away from them.

I think we have tried red shorts before but didn't really go, so the white shirts, blue shorts and white socks goes well for me and 'looks' like England at first glance

The Poles have red shorts, but I agree they don't really go.

For what it is worth, and I am not an England fan, I think my favourite England kit is the World Cup wining one which was simple and had the shirts red. But I realise white shirts have traditionally been associated with England, so I can't see the team ever going down a different route.
[Post edited 22 Mar 15:29]
Tory snowflakes update on 15:51 - Mar 22 with 754 viewsPinewoodblue

Tory snowflakes update on 09:46 - Mar 22 by redrickstuhaart

Why is it wrong, rather than just not to your taste. What actual issue or problem does it cause? Your challenge is to answer without sounding like lee anderson....

Incidentally the 1966 shirt did not have a little cross on the neck, or at all. What disrespectful woke scum they were. Its political correctness gone mad.

Very few St George fans at Wembley in 1966, if indeed any all Union Jacks.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Tory snowflakes update on 16:00 - Mar 22 with 724 viewsMattinLondon

Tory snowflakes update on 12:37 - Mar 22 by Plums

It's brought out all the brightest sparks

Wonder how he’d react to being called a snowflake for getting upset by this.
Tory snowflakes update on 18:46 - Mar 22 with 649 viewstcblue

Tory snowflakes update on 11:24 - Mar 22 by redrickstuhaart

Im intrigued to know why they think it is 'woke'.

https://www.threads.net/@joanwestenberg/post/C1nJU3YSnkv/?xmt=AQGzdUKB6Mn8T-BNoP
[Post edited 22 Mar 18:49]
Tory snowflakes update on 19:38 - Mar 22 with 598 viewsBuhrer

Tory snowflakes update on 12:03 - Mar 22 by GlasgowBlue

St George is as English as St Patrick is Irish mate.

But if we could actually ask him what he thought of this, I bet he'd be cross.
Tory snowflakes update on 20:13 - Mar 22 with 562 viewsTrequartista

Tory snowflakes update on 10:27 - Mar 22 by Swansea_Blue

What’s Starmer got to do with anything? If I don’t care that the flag is stylise in a design piece, I’m not going to change my mind because of what he thinks. I couldn’t give a monkey’s what he thinks. And there’s a very good chance he doesn’t think that in any case. But even if he does, so what?

This is all very odd. If people don’t want our flag altered and used in this way, fine. If people don’t mind, also fine. Kicking off about it in the press (or giving credence to the press/pundits/politicians who are trying to get people to kick off about it) and then arguing about it for hours = very odd. Far more important things to complain about imo (I've deleted this as it made me sound like a self-righteous twot lol. People can worry about what they want of course).
[Post edited 22 Mar 11:05]

This is absolutely my point, you should not be giving a monkey's what anyone thinks, Keir Starmer or otherwise. Others though seem to be justifying their opinion depending on which group they oppose, tories, gammons, violent scouse philosophers etc as opposed to any independent reasoning, which then comes undone when now leaders of all three of the main political parties are in agreement.

Personally i don't give a monkey's either, as my position is that I am patriotic and love Britain but have no interest whatsoever in flags or the royals and am a republican. So I couldn't really pick a side anyway.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Tory snowflakes update on 20:54 - Mar 22 with 527 viewsitfcjoe

Tory snowflakes update on 15:28 - Mar 22 by DJR

The Poles have red shorts, but I agree they don't really go.

For what it is worth, and I am not an England fan, I think my favourite England kit is the World Cup wining one which was simple and had the shirts red. But I realise white shirts have traditionally been associated with England, so I can't see the team ever going down a different route.
[Post edited 22 Mar 15:29]

The red was the away one, with the home kit being white with blue shorts at that time

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Tory snowflakes update on 20:58 - Mar 22 with 512 viewsDJR

Tory snowflakes update on 20:54 - Mar 22 by itfcjoe

The red was the away one, with the home kit being white with blue shorts at that time

I realise that. My observation was that I preferred that red and white kit, which is actually the colours of the English flag.

As regards how the kit has evolved over time I found this interesting, but it shows that blue shorts have been there from very early on.

https://www.footballshirtculture.com/kit-design/england-kit-history-from-1872-to
[Post edited 22 Mar 21:03]
Tory snowflakes update on 12:05 - Mar 23 with 388 viewsDJR

Talk of flags brings this great song to mind.

Gimme a country that's red white and blue
Gimme the British way honest and true
Gimme the chance to be one of the few
Gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme

Gimme a nation where people are free
Free to do and free to be
Free to screw you before you screw me

(Chorus:)
Cos, I'm all right, I'm all right
Union Jack, fly the flag

Gimme a Britain that's got back the Great
A race of winners not cramped by the State
And only the helpless get left at the gate
Tory snowflakes update on 12:11 - Mar 23 with 376 viewsDJR

Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory won't be happy with the change in the flag.

[Post edited 23 Mar 12:12]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024