Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tory snowflakes update 18:23 - Mar 20 with 7808 viewstractordownsouth

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Tory snowflakes update on 22:18 - Mar 20 with 1460 viewsSwansea_Blue

As relevant as ever :
Looks like 30p Lee is jumping ship to reform by Plums 11 Mar 20:01
Possibly today's best comment...
https://x.com/markkieranuk/status/1767135685662634209?s=61&t=h5fncJzDpXqCIAf9u-Fi8A

Direct link to save clicking through:
[Post edited 20 Mar 22:24]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tory snowflakes update on 22:24 - Mar 20 with 1434 viewsTractorWood

Tory snowflakes update on 22:07 - Mar 20 by mutters

It is named after the saint but it's origin is from the Crusades where it was used to identify the English and French troops. They worn the red cross to identify them

After we nabbed it from Genoa, yeah.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Tory snowflakes update on 22:33 - Mar 20 with 1412 viewsmutters

Tory snowflakes update on 22:24 - Mar 20 by TractorWood

After we nabbed it from Genoa, yeah.

Interesting I didn't know that thanks. I knew about the Crusades but not the Genoa link.

Amazing how intertwined our history and 'Englishness' are with other countries and cultures.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Tory snowflakes update on 23:10 - Mar 20 with 1401 viewsfactual_blue

Tory snowflakes update on 22:15 - Mar 20 by mutters

The great biscuit war of 1782. All because they ran out of kit kats

If you'd said the Battle of the Ford of the Biscuits (1594), I might have believed you.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Tory snowflakes update on 07:59 - Mar 21 with 1320 viewsGlasgowBlue

Not sure what the issue is tbh. It’s just a modern design twist on the flag fur sporting purposes. It’s not being flown in public buildings or being carried into war.

Stella McCarting did something similar with the 🇬🇧 on the 2012 Team GB Olympic kits. All the crosses and background were different shades of blue rather than red, white and blue.

I don’t remember anyone getting upset. Although maybe somebody did but nobody gave them the oxygen of publicity. Besides, a small cross of St George was only put on the back of the shirts from 1998 onwards. We managed to win the World Cup without it.

I really like the new shirt. The red and blue trim on the sleeves reminds me of the Admiral shirt from 1974 to 1980.
[Post edited 21 Mar 8:00]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Tory snowflakes update on 08:12 - Mar 21 with 1312 viewsPinewoodblue

Am I missing something?

I thought to be part of the snowflake generation you needed to be classified as an adult sometime since around 2010. Doubt very much if many Tories qualify.

More likely to be a snowflake if you start a thread like this one.

For what it is worth I think it looks stupid on the kit, but not worth getting hot under the collar about.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Tory snowflakes update on 08:49 - Mar 21 with 1278 viewsleitrimblue

Tory snowflakes update on 23:10 - Mar 20 by factual_blue

If you'd said the Battle of the Ford of the Biscuits (1594), I might have believed you.

Hugh Maguires finest hour
Tory snowflakes update on 08:55 - Mar 21 with 1265 viewsHerbivore

Tory snowflakes update on 08:12 - Mar 21 by Pinewoodblue

Am I missing something?

I thought to be part of the snowflake generation you needed to be classified as an adult sometime since around 2010. Doubt very much if many Tories qualify.

More likely to be a snowflake if you start a thread like this one.

For what it is worth I think it looks stupid on the kit, but not worth getting hot under the collar about.

The term snowflake is meant to denote people who are easily offended, overly emotional, and think they are special. Some older folk have tried to use it as a generational insult, but the irony is that the kind of people who get upset by a flag, or by trans rights, or by statues of slavers they'd never previously heard of being torn down, or by the Spectator making them look fat and like they have a big nose, tend to not be from the so called snowflake generation. Indeed, the term snowflake generally applies most aptly to those who use it most as an insult.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Tory snowflakes update on 09:04 - Mar 21 with 1224 viewsbaxterbasics

Pff. Feel like Nik/FA have been half-hearted with this one. If they really wanted to make a statement it should be the Palestinian flag. With rainbow adornments. Bottled it.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Tory snowflakes update on 09:52 - Mar 21 with 1169 viewsBlueschev

Tory snowflakes update on 07:59 - Mar 21 by GlasgowBlue

Not sure what the issue is tbh. It’s just a modern design twist on the flag fur sporting purposes. It’s not being flown in public buildings or being carried into war.

Stella McCarting did something similar with the 🇬🇧 on the 2012 Team GB Olympic kits. All the crosses and background were different shades of blue rather than red, white and blue.

I don’t remember anyone getting upset. Although maybe somebody did but nobody gave them the oxygen of publicity. Besides, a small cross of St George was only put on the back of the shirts from 1998 onwards. We managed to win the World Cup without it.

I really like the new shirt. The red and blue trim on the sleeves reminds me of the Admiral shirt from 1974 to 1980.

I remember the entirety of the Olympics wound up Lee Anderson types at the time. I recall my mother's idiot partner claiming that the opening ceremony was Marxist propaganda reminiscent of the May Day parades in Red Square!
[Post edited 21 Mar 10:06]
Tory snowflakes update on 09:55 - Mar 21 with 1151 viewsGlasgowBlue

Tory snowflakes update on 09:04 - Mar 21 by baxterbasics

Pff. Feel like Nik/FA have been half-hearted with this one. If they really wanted to make a statement it should be the Palestinian flag. With rainbow adornments. Bottled it.

Despite living here all of my life I get the English irony of pairing the Palestinian flag with rainbow adornments.

Iron Lion Zion

Tory snowflakes update on 09:58 - Mar 21 with 1123 viewsGlasgowBlue

Tory snowflakes update on 09:52 - Mar 21 by Blueschev

I remember the entirety of the Olympics wound up Lee Anderson types at the time. I recall my mother's idiot partner claiming that the opening ceremony was Marxist propaganda reminiscent of the May Day parades in Red Square!

I was referring to Stella McCartney's twist in the Union flag rather than anything else. I can't recall any fuss at the time.

Iron Lion Zion

Tory snowflakes update on 10:00 - Mar 21 with 1114 viewsBlueschev

Tory snowflakes update on 09:58 - Mar 21 by GlasgowBlue

I was referring to Stella McCartney's twist in the Union flag rather than anything else. I can't recall any fuss at the time.

I'm sure there wasn't. These cranks were given far less oxygen back then.
Tory snowflakes update on 10:01 - Mar 21 with 1110 viewsBlueschev

Tory snowflakes update on 09:55 - Mar 21 by GlasgowBlue

Despite living here all of my life I get the English irony of pairing the Palestinian flag with rainbow adornments.

What are you saying exactly?
Tory snowflakes update on 10:04 - Mar 21 with 1099 viewsDanTheMan

Tory snowflakes update on 10:01 - Mar 21 by Blueschev

I imagine it's that Hamas probably do not like LGBTQ folks. That conflates Hamas with general support for Palestine / the Palestinian people but there we go.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Tory snowflakes update on 10:10 - Mar 21 with 1079 viewsGlasgowBlue

Tory snowflakes update on 10:01 - Mar 21 by Blueschev

That gay people in Gaza and the West Bank face an high levels of persecution. And in Gaza homnosexuals are regualy executed for their sexuality.

Iron Lion Zion

Tory snowflakes update on 10:13 - Mar 21 with 1077 viewsGlasgowBlue

Tory snowflakes update on 10:04 - Mar 21 by DanTheMan

I imagine it's that Hamas probably do not like LGBTQ folks. That conflates Hamas with general support for Palestine / the Palestinian people but there we go.

Not like? They tend to throw them off the roofs of buildings. Even in the West Bank gay people face persecution. Just 2 years ago a 25 man's severed head was found on the side of the road after he was murdered for being gay.

"Some 90 Palestinians who identify as LGBT currently live as asylum seekers in Israel, the newspaper said, after suffering discrimination in their home communities."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-63174835

A recent poll showed that 93% of the Palestinian population is completely opposed to homosexuality. So no conflation on my post Dan.
[Post edited 21 Mar 10:20]

Iron Lion Zion

Tory snowflakes update on 11:06 - Mar 21 with 1011 viewsBlueschev

Tory snowflakes update on 10:10 - Mar 21 by GlasgowBlue

That gay people in Gaza and the West Bank face an high levels of persecution. And in Gaza homnosexuals are regualy executed for their sexuality.

I'm well aware of that. I still don't see the irony though, English or otherwise.
Tory snowflakes update on 11:33 - Mar 21 with 965 viewssoupytwist

Tory snowflakes update on 09:52 - Mar 21 by Blueschev

I blame Danny Boyle for Brexit. If he hadn't prodded all those gammon types with the big stick of an inclusive opening ceremony, we wouldn't be where we are today.

Loved it at the time though.
Tory snowflakes update on 12:00 - Mar 21 with 917 viewsbaxterbasics

Tory snowflakes update on 10:10 - Mar 21 by GlasgowBlue

Deaths of Palestinians don't tend to bother folks round here very much - not until it is Joos doing the killing, anyway.

zip

Tory snowflakes update on 12:16 - Mar 21 with 881 viewsBLUEBEAT

How will they react when they find out that the 3 lions are actually leopards?

Poll: W or W

Tory snowflakes update on 12:24 - Mar 21 with 871 viewsGlasgowBlue

Tory snowflakes update on 12:00 - Mar 21 by baxterbasics

Deaths of Palestinians don't tend to bother folks round here very much - not until it is Joos doing the killing, anyway.

Indeed. Swap Palestine for Qatar and I doubt Dan would have been flying off accusations of conflation.

Iron Lion Zion

Tory snowflakes update on 12:34 - Mar 21 with 855 viewsbaxterbasics

Tory snowflakes update on 12:24 - Mar 21 by GlasgowBlue

Indeed. Swap Palestine for Qatar and I doubt Dan would have been flying off accusations of conflation.

By 'round here' I really meant 'the west' - but yes it may apply more specifically to TWTD as well!

zip

Tory snowflakes update on 14:08 - Mar 21 with 790 viewsDanTheMan

Tory snowflakes update on 10:13 - Mar 21 by GlasgowBlue

Not like? They tend to throw them off the roofs of buildings. Even in the West Bank gay people face persecution. Just 2 years ago a 25 man's severed head was found on the side of the road after he was murdered for being gay.

"Some 90 Palestinians who identify as LGBT currently live as asylum seekers in Israel, the newspaper said, after suffering discrimination in their home communities."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-63174835

A recent poll showed that 93% of the Palestinian population is completely opposed to homosexuality. So no conflation on my post Dan.
[Post edited 21 Mar 10:20]

That makes sense, I don't know much of Hamas' or Palestinian views on LGTBQ stuff but I would have been doubtful they looked at it positively given the views of most Islamic nations these days, which is unfortunate. The highlighted examples don't surprise me.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Tory snowflakes update on 21:50 - Mar 21 with 696 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tory snowflakes update on 07:59 - Mar 21 by GlasgowBlue

Sorry for the link, but I thought that was the best place to find evidence of people being upset. I don’t see the problem with it myself, but apparently some people worried about things like this even back then. It wouldn’t have been amplified then as we weren’t as divided.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2118709/London-2012-Team-GB-models-Ol

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024