Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plymouth loving us 18:42 - Feb 28 with 13184 viewslizzibee

https://pasoti.co.uk/threads/argyle-v-ipswich-town-the-build-up.127208/page-2

Good to see last season has carried on and the love for us, particularly Morsy and Mass, remains.

Desperately want three points to remind them that they may have won the title but we are the better team . A Morsy goal would be the icing on the cake
Plymouth loving us on 20:41 - Feb 28 with 2846 viewsDinnernotTea

Amazingly similar to scum fans. When the little brother tries absolutely everything to get a reaction out of the bigger brother. No matter what little brother does in life, he will always be an unsuccessful little weasel looking up at his big brother.

Or something like that.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Plymouth loving us on 20:42 - Feb 28 with 2837 viewsGeoffSentence

Plymouth loving us on 20:37 - Feb 28 by strikalite

Maybe we should have the FA Cup and Uefa Cup pitch side, just to remind them.

You've missed one.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Plymouth loving us on 20:51 - Feb 28 with 2804 viewsReus30

Clueless idiots.

I was rooting for them this season a little bit despite them spout pish on our forum last year.

After reading that, I hope they get thumped 5-0.
Plymouth loving us on 21:03 - Feb 28 with 2771 viewsChurchman

I rather liked Home Park when I went many years ago. Devon and Cornwall are lovely counties too.

The supporters all appeared to have suffered from a bit of inbreeding but were reasonably pleasant. But why they think we give two hoots about them or last season’s L1 trophy is totally beyond me. Clearly it’s the height of their history. Great. Good for them. Whoopee.

As for their view on how we play, they’ve obviously not seen us. They can’t make the excuse that the magic box, otherwise known as the tv, hasn’t made it that far because my parents lived in that part of the world for a few years and theirs worked alright. Maybe the locals view it as some sort of grockle* magic.

*Grockle: a derogatory term used for holiday makers who provide a lot of them with a living.
Plymouth loving us on 21:06 - Feb 28 with 2757 viewsstrikalite

Plymouth loving us on 20:42 - Feb 28 by GeoffSentence

You've missed one.

Yep, didn't want to take the pi$$ too much ...sod it then we'll take that with us too then..
Plymouth loving us on 21:21 - Feb 28 with 2708 viewsquirkie

What Argyle team will turn up on Saturday?

The one on last Tuesday evening against WBA who lost 3-0 and the fans were giving the team and new manager absolute pelters on PASOTI.

or

The team that went to Middlesbrough and won 2-0, a Boro team who beat Leicester away the previous match.

Home park not been a happy place for us last couple of seasons.

Be nice to give them a thumping to remind them that they'll be back in League one if not this season probably the one after. Realistically they have reached the peak of what they can achieve.
[Post edited 28 Feb 21:54]

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Plymouth loving us on 21:37 - Feb 28 with 2673 viewsCoastalblue

I quite like them, know a couple of Plymouth fans but my God that thread is comical. Still, I'm sure some of the observations on here about other clubs give their supporters a chuckle.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Plymouth loving us on 21:38 - Feb 28 with 2661 viewsNthQldITFC

Plymouth loving us on 18:46 - Feb 28 by J2BLUE

I read five posts before realising they haven't got a clue.

To be fair it's the same with most fan sites including this one. It simply isn't possible to have in depth knowledge on every other team in the division so people take one game or a few highlights and just assume every game is like that.

The outright thuggery post about Morsy and Luongo is laughable.

That's true for many of us I suspect. I haven't really got much of clue about what the three elite sides at the top with us are up to, let alone Plymouth way down in wherever thy are.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

Plymouth loving us on 22:00 - Feb 28 with 2571 viewsjayessess

Love the idea that parading the League One trophy would be a power move when we're 32 points ahead of them and fighting for promotion to the Premier League.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Plymouth loving us on 22:36 - Feb 28 with 2483 viewstractordownsouth

Some odd takes on there but fans forming opinions of players based on one or two games against their club is nothing new.

There were lots of Town fans clamouring for the signing of Sinclair Armstrong, a striker with one goal this season, because of a decent performance against us at Loftus Road.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Plymouth loving us on 22:46 - Feb 28 with 2440 viewsEuropablue

Plymouth loving us on 18:58 - Feb 28 by Illinoisblue

This might be the most amazingly wrong take in the history of the internet.

“McKenna is clearly a good coach. I think he's tried to instill a sort of Manchester United mid to late 90s arrogance about his side, with the result being that arrogance spilling over into outright thuggery by a number of their players when things aren't going their way (Morsy on Randall in lg.1, Luongo raking his studs down Whitaker's calf earlier this season when, but for a notoriously weak ref, we'd have beaten them).”

Replace the word arrogance with belief, and that is absolutely true. I went to that match. We weren't entirely convincing, but we should have spanked them. They played way too open and just couldn't compete like that. I think in general they would have earned more points this season if they could be a little more pragmatic.
Plymouth loving us on 22:50 - Feb 28 with 2423 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Oh they hate Morsy alright, I made the post before our game vs them last season and couldn't believe it. As pointed out on the below as well. They seem to have conveniently forgotten the shin high studs up tackle from Bali Mumba in the same game. Funny that.

Didn't realise how much Plymouth fans hate Morsy by TRUE_BLUE123 9 Jan 2023 8:51
https://pasoti.co.uk/threads/morsy-the-thug.121276/

That tackle at Home Park was a bad one mind. However, is it just me who doesn't actually think Morsy is as bad as he is made out by certain oppo fans. Most of his yellow cards (and he does get a lot) tend to be for little fouls like dragging someone back or stopping counters. Then he's very good at playing on a yellow card. Think perhaps his thuggery is overstated.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Plymouth loving us on 22:55 - Feb 28 with 2406 viewsEuropablue

Plymouth loving us on 19:16 - Feb 28 by MattinLondon

I do think that they overestimate how not winning L1 annoys us. Yes, it would have been nice but I do think that the main concern was to rid ourselves of that god forsaken league.

I don't think anyone saw winning the league as anything other than cementing our claim to being the best team in the league. Based on every other stat we were, but you have to give it to Plymouth. We didn't care where we finished as long as we got out of League One. Our goal has always been the Premier League, promotion to the Championship was like scrapping a 1-0 win with a lucky deflection. The result is all that mattered.
I won't lie, it would have been nice to win the league, but it doesn't matter to me. In fact, good for them, they deserved it, and they wanted it more than we did.
Plymouth loving us on 23:36 - Feb 28 with 2341 viewsReusersTown

Plymouth loving us on 19:14 - Feb 28 by SitfcB

‘ Maybe we should have the League 1 trophy pitch side, just to remind them as they run out’

Bloody hell, I was over them winning the league before they even did win the league

*cries in 3rd place in the Championship*

Hahah, remind us they won League One, wonderful! That would be tinpot of the highest hilarity.
Plymouth loving us on 23:49 - Feb 28 with 2311 viewsReusersTown

Plymouth loving us on 19:35 - Feb 28 by TheBoyBlue

The whole L1 trophy thing is understandable on their part, but they seem to think we care. Promotion was the aim, didn't care how we did it.

Still, will be a really tough trip, our record there in recent years is pretty dreadful.

They genuinely can't understand that we don't care! Have had the convestation with Plymouth fans before. I guess it would make their existence a bit futile if winning League One didn't mean anything.
Plymouth loving us on 00:37 - Feb 29 with 2263 viewsKievthegreat

Plymouth loving us on 20:11 - Feb 28 by Vegtablue

https://pasoti.co.uk/threads/anyone-else-expecting-some-dangerous-challenges-fro

HA and one thread wasn't enough, deeper dive above! If Russian state media did football forums! It's too nutty to engage with really (but aha..)

Their Mickel Miller is on 9 yellows and averaging 1 every 143 minutes! Morsy would be up to 19 yellows by now if we combined his time on the field with Miller's "hit rate". Astonishing pace-setting, they must have the dirtiest player in the league. Mumba on 9 yellows too, it's giving me flashbacks of his leg-breaker on Jackson at HP last season. I'm concerned for the safety of our wide players with that level of thuggery on their flanks, but fear there's no respite in the middle if '8-yellow-cards-in-500-less-minutes-than-Luongo' Randell is on the field (or 'more-yellow-cards-per-minute-than-Morsy' Randell, as he's also known). Maybe we go long to Moore but what if red card Scarr plays (Scarr by name, scar by nature). Will Plymouth be looking to extend their gap in the Fair Play league table on Saturday? *gulp*

(While grounded in accurate stats, I would like to distance myself from the weird ramblings and sentiments expressed above)

As a prime example of their cluelessness:

"(Morsy) Plays very close to the edge & knows Refs will speak to him more than once before he is given a yellow card
ONCE HE GETS A YELLOW CARD - HE IS SUBBED"

So I checked his stats. In 108 league games for Town, Morsy has NEVER been subbed when on a yellow card. If you expand to include cup games, it's happened in a grand total of 2 FA Cup games. That Pasoti Clown literally just made it all up!
Plymouth loving us on 01:58 - Feb 29 with 2203 viewsquirkie

This post just takes the biscuit.

"Though I do not see them going up, Ipswich will make the play offs just 6th or 7th, but defensively across two ties will get knocked out. Ironically.i.actually Norwich a better chance of getting through the play offs, if the canaries get in." Sic

They really are nothing more than a Div 3/Div 4 yoyo club who have hit the supreme heights of their existence. Fair play to them but come back in 5 years and they will be back to 5k crowds at home to Barnet and Grimsby.
[Post edited 29 Feb 2:03]

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Plymouth loving us on 08:10 - Feb 29 with 1967 viewsbournemouthblue

Plymouth loving us on 01:58 - Feb 29 by quirkie

"Though I do not see them going up, Ipswich will make the play offs just 6th or 7th, but defensively across two ties will get knocked out. Ironically.i.actually Norwich a better chance of getting through the play offs, if the canaries get in." Sic

They really are nothing more than a Div 3/Div 4 yoyo club who have hit the supreme heights of their existence. Fair play to them but come back in 5 years and they will be back to 5k crowds at home to Barnet and Grimsby.

That's the same Norwich they beat 6 - 2 at home right?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Plymouth loving us on 08:24 - Feb 29 with 1926 viewsBiGDonnie

What a pathetic bunch of small time losers.

'Waaaaaaa, Morsy's better than anyone we've ever had'

'Waaaa they're bringing a ref with them'

Such a sh&t small club, looking forward to shutting them up and moving into 2nd. They'll be in League one before too long.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Plymouth loving us on 08:50 - Feb 29 with 1874 viewspointofblue

Plymouth loving us on 01:58 - Feb 29 by quirkie

They do realise 7th doesn't make the play offs... right?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Plymouth loving us on 08:53 - Feb 29 with 1876 viewsdirtyboy

Let's not get carried away here, Plymouth are a decently run club, with a large majority of fans being decent.

On any forum, it's the only the oddities that we mostly notice when visiting, i'm sure they'd focus on the same type of postings some of our members put up too.

Generally a decent club, let's not put down their relative success, it's not a good look.

Obviously I hope we win, but they're a good team with some cracking players and we will need to be at our best.

We're 100% not a dirty team, no theatrics, but obviously play with intensity that will alway result in a fair few yellow cards.
Plymouth loving us on 09:02 - Feb 29 with 1830 viewsNthQldITFC

Plymouth loving us on 08:53 - Feb 29 by dirtyboy

Let's not get carried away here, Plymouth are a decently run club, with a large majority of fans being decent.

On any forum, it's the only the oddities that we mostly notice when visiting, i'm sure they'd focus on the same type of postings some of our members put up too.

Generally a decent club, let's not put down their relative success, it's not a good look.

Obviously I hope we win, but they're a good team with some cracking players and we will need to be at our best.

We're 100% not a dirty team, no theatrics, but obviously play with intensity that will alway result in a fair few yellow cards.

I still like 'em, no matter what drivel one or two of them post. We have ties.

Plymouth loving us on 09:12 - Feb 29 with 1799 viewsMattinLondon

Plymouth loving us on 08:53 - Feb 29 by dirtyboy

Not sure that this place is suitable for common sense.
Plymouth loving us on 09:19 - Feb 29 with 1769 viewsMattinLondon

Plymouth loving us on 09:02 - Feb 29 by NthQldITFC

I still like 'em, no matter what drivel one or two of them post. We have ties.

‘No matter what drivel one or two of them post’.

I’ll put that to the test….wait for it….one of them suggested that Alan Partridge came from Ipswich.

To me, that’s really hurtful. That particular poster did come across as an enthusiastic idiot but that really isn’t the point.
Plymouth loving us on 09:20 - Feb 29 with 1764 viewsNthQldITFC

Plymouth loving us on 09:19 - Feb 29 by MattinLondon

‘No matter what drivel one or two of them post’.

I’ll put that to the test….wait for it….one of them suggested that Alan Partridge came from Ipswich.

To me, that’s really hurtful. That particular poster did come across as an enthusiastic idiot but that really isn’t the point.

W@nkers!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024