Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plymouth loving us 18:42 - Feb 28 with 13210 viewslizzibee

https://pasoti.co.uk/threads/argyle-v-ipswich-town-the-build-up.127208/page-2

Good to see last season has carried on and the love for us, particularly Morsy and Mass, remains.

Desperately want three points to remind them that they may have won the title but we are the better team . A Morsy goal would be the icing on the cake
Plymouth loving us on 09:34 - Feb 29 with 2413 viewsChurchman

Plymouth loving us on 09:20 - Feb 29 by NthQldITFC

W@nkers!

From Pasoti:

‘Let's hope the Ipswich arrogance / bewilderment issues help us in that they'll assume an easy win but struggle to get to grips with it being anything but - if at all.‘

The state of this post. Given the closeness of the last three games against them, literally nobody has assumed an easy win. Far from it. Given how well they played first half at PR, it’s a game we could easily lose.

As for arrogance, not sure where that comes either. Maybe they don’t know what the word means. If being pleased we are challenging at the top and exceeding expectations I guess we are.

As for bewilderment, I am certainly bewildered if this mush thinks we give two hoots about Plymouth. They are not our rivals or any way shape or form. If they want to know what arrogance looks like they should take a look at Dirty Leeds.
Plymouth loving us on 09:38 - Feb 29 with 2393 viewsMattinLondon

Plymouth loving us on 09:34 - Feb 29 by Churchman

From Pasoti:

‘Let's hope the Ipswich arrogance / bewilderment issues help us in that they'll assume an easy win but struggle to get to grips with it being anything but - if at all.‘

The state of this post. Given the closeness of the last three games against them, literally nobody has assumed an easy win. Far from it. Given how well they played first half at PR, it’s a game we could easily lose.

As for arrogance, not sure where that comes either. Maybe they don’t know what the word means. If being pleased we are challenging at the top and exceeding expectations I guess we are.

As for bewilderment, I am certainly bewildered if this mush thinks we give two hoots about Plymouth. They are not our rivals or any way shape or form. If they want to know what arrogance looks like they should take a look at Dirty Leeds.

To be fair to Leeds they have a right to be arrogant…they must have won the league at least five times since august 23.
Plymouth loving us on 09:44 - Feb 29 with 2363 viewsDanTheMan

I don't get this Morsy hate. He's not that dirty of a player. The main yellows he gets are just the professional fouls to break up a counter but even then he's not scything people down, it's usually a tug.

Frustrating but every team has players who do this.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Plymouth loving us on 10:57 - Feb 29 with 2210 viewspointofblue

Plymouth loving us on 09:44 - Feb 29 by DanTheMan

I don't get this Morsy hate. He's not that dirty of a player. The main yellows he gets are just the professional fouls to break up a counter but even then he's not scything people down, it's usually a tug.

In fairness, I think Morsy is one of those players who you love in our squad but hate if he's playing against you. A bit like Alan Lee.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Plymouth loving us on 11:00 - Feb 29 with 2209 viewsSheffordBlue

That predominantly seems to come from one of the League 1 games where a late challenge from Morsy looks much worse when slowed down than it was in real time. They seem to ignore that Mumba's challenge on Donacien in the same game looks as bad, if not worse, when similarly slowed down.

He's definitely no soft touch but comments on him deliberately wanting to hurt players seem massively over the top.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Plymouth loving us on 11:00 - Feb 29 with 2206 viewsDanTheMan

Plymouth loving us on 10:57 - Feb 29 by pointofblue

In fairness, I think Morsy is one of those players who you love in our squad but hate if he's playing against you. A bit like Alan Lee.

I get that, but that's partly what I mean. Players like Lee or Garner who could put themselves about a bit I fully understand but Morsy doesn't do that outside of the professional fouls.

Plymouth loving us on 11:08 - Feb 29 with 2184 viewstractorboy1978

As Neil Warnock once said, "I'd love it if we beat Plymouth, lads".
Plymouth loving us on 11:24 - Feb 29 with 2140 viewslizzibee

Plymouth loving us on 22:50 - Feb 28 by TRUE_BLUE123

Oh they hate Morsy alright, I made the post before our game vs them last season and couldn't believe it. As pointed out on the below as well. They seem to have conveniently forgotten the shin high studs up tackle from Bali Mumba in the same game. Funny that.

Didn't realise how much Plymouth fans hate Morsy by TRUE_BLUE123 9 Jan 2023 8:51
https://pasoti.co.uk/threads/morsy-the-thug.121276/

That tackle at Home Park was a bad one mind. However, is it just me who doesn't actually think Morsy is as bad as he is made out by certain oppo fans. Most of his yellow cards (and he does get a lot) tend to be for little fouls like dragging someone back or stopping counters. Then he's very good at playing on a yellow card. Think perhaps his thuggery is overstated.

selective memory - all that inbreeding can't help
Login to get fewer ads

Plymouth loving us on 11:25 - Feb 29 with 2134 viewsLeoMuff

Plymouth loving us on 22:00 - Feb 28 by jayessess

Love the idea that parading the League One trophy would be a power move when we're 32 points ahead of them and fighting for promotion to the Premier League.

Like the arc of the covenant, they parade it before them when they go into battle

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Plymouth loving us on 11:29 - Feb 29 with 2117 viewslizzibee

Plymouth loving us on 01:58 - Feb 29 by quirkie

This post just takes the biscuit.

"Though I do not see them going up, Ipswich will make the play offs just 6th or 7th, but defensively across two ties will get knocked out. Ironically.i.actually Norwich a better chance of getting through the play offs, if the canaries get in." Sic

They really are nothing more than a Div 3/Div 4 yoyo club who have hit the supreme heights of their existence. Fair play to them but come back in 5 years and they will be back to 5k crowds at home to Barnet and Grimsby.
[Post edited 29 Feb 2:03]

This one is hilarious, coming from a plymouth fan
Plymouth loving us on 11:39 - Feb 29 with 2084 viewsjayessess

"Though I do not see them going up, Ipswich will make the play offs just 6th or 7th, but defensively across two ties will get knocked out. Ironically.i.actually Norwich a better chance of getting through the play offs, if the canaries get in." Sic

They really are nothing more than a Div 3/Div 4 yoyo club who have hit the supreme heights of their existence. Fair play to them but come back in 5 years and they will be back to 5k crowds at home to Barnet and Grimsby.

How generous of them to concede we'll make the play-offs when we're sat here with 72 points already. We'd probably still make the play-offs if we forfeited the rest of our matches!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Plymouth loving us on 13:58 - Feb 29 with 1916 viewsbluejacko

Didn’t all this start when they got the impression we were mucking about with Whitaker? Accusing us of trying to get him and then getting Cardiff to recall him or something like that.
Plymouth loving us on 14:41 - Feb 29 with 1867 viewsgainsboroughblue

Div 3/4 yo yo team?

I mean, even given their dislike of us and general ignorance, that's just a ridiculous take. We've never been in the fourth tier.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Plymouth loving us on 12:03 - Mar 1 with 1606 viewssw20tractor

It’s a shame. I always was quite fond of Plymouth, what with the Mariner connection. Now I can’t stand them, would love a similar result and performance to the Millwall game.
Plymouth loving us on 12:18 - Mar 1 with 1575 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Plymouth loving us on 14:41 - Feb 29 by gainsboroughblue

Div 3/4 yo yo team?

I mean, even given their dislike of us and general ignorance, that's just a ridiculous take. We've never been in the fourth tier.

Think you've misread that. That's quirkie's words about Plymouth, fella.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Plymouth loving us on 12:58 - Mar 1 with 1493 viewsgainsboroughblue

Plymouth loving us on 12:18 - Mar 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

Think you've misread that. That's quirkie's words about Plymouth, fella.

Oh. I stand corrected. I blame my age.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Plymouth loving us on 13:13 - Mar 1 with 1429 views_clive_baker_

Plymouth loving us on 08:50 - Feb 29 by pointofblue

They do realise 7th doesn't make the play offs... right?

To be fair, they've spent half of the last 15 years in League 2 so its an easy mistake to make.
Plymouth loving us on 14:00 - Mar 1 with 1331 viewsBiGDonnie

He'd get into the Plymouth team with one leg. Smacks of jealousy.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Plymouth loving us on 14:13 - Mar 1 with 1297 viewsChurchman

Plymouth loving us on 14:00 - Mar 1 by BiGDonnie

It certainly does smack of jealousy. I don’t think Morsy is a dirty player at all. He’s competitive and doesn’t take any nonsense but the idea he’s some sort of latter day Ron Harris is ludicrous.

He also gets picked on by Refs because of his reputation. I’ve seen opposition waved on with a cheery smile by Refs and Morsy booked for the exact same thing moments later.

People just don’t like the fact that he’s a good player who’d walk into most Championship sides.
Plymouth loving us on 14:16 - Mar 1 with 1289 viewsBiGDonnie

https://pasoti.co.uk/threads/anyone-else-expecting-some-dangerous-challenges-fro

Check the state of this OP. Utter shambles.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Plymouth loving us on 14:29 - Mar 1 with 1251 viewsVaughan8

I thought they just got annoyed at us getting a lot of the praise towards the end of the season. However it seems to be quite deep.

Its all a bit weird
Plymouth loving us on 16:16 - Mar 1 with 1135 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Plymouth loving us on 19:36 - Feb 28 by _clive_baker_

‘Maybe we should have the League 1 trophy pitch side, just to remind them as they run out‘.

Hilarious. I think we’ll probably get over it mate. L1 is little more than a footnote in our history, whereas it’s up there with their finest achievements.

Maybe we should have a print-out of the Championship table pitch side, just to remind them as they run out.
Plymouth loving us on 16:18 - Mar 1 with 1126 viewsDanTheMan

Plymouth loving us on 14:29 - Mar 1 by Vaughan8

I thought they just got annoyed at us getting a lot of the praise towards the end of the season. However it seems to be quite deep.

Its all a bit weird

I think this is just the weirdos really, I imagine most Plymouth fans aren't like this.

I actually wanted them to do well this year, happy to see they aren't involved in the relegation battle.

Plymouth loving us on 16:20 - Mar 1 with 1116 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

Plymouth loving us on 14:00 - Mar 1 by BiGDonnie

Just because Plymouth are down in that part of the world, it doesn't mean you have to be a pirate to play for them .
Plymouth loving us on 16:29 - Mar 1 with 1092 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Plymouth loving us on 16:20 - Mar 1 by Portmanteauxcurling

Just because Plymouth are down in that part of the world, it doesn't mean you have to be a pirate to play for them .

It always struck me as ironic that Long John Silver would only get 50% of the benefit from a pair of Long John's.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024