Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just seen a replay of the penalty 22:02 - Feb 20 with 8684 viewsIllinoisblue

An absolute scandal of a decision. Even for Stroud, a shocking call.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 22:42 - Feb 20 with 2152 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 22:37 - Feb 20 by Vic

Looks like our defender kicked the guys foot.

Borderline at best. It's not clear who gets the first touch on the ball either. Even if there was any contact, Jackson was on the player's left and it would have been foot to foot. Yet their player rolls around on the ground holding his right leg just below the knee. 100% bought it imo.

I'm not entirely convinced it wasn't a handball knockdown from the high ball in the buildup to their second either.

It doesn't excuse our generally inept display for 70% of the match, but they're big calls that may be wrong and that could have corrupted the outcome.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 23:03 - Feb 20 with 2028 viewsSouperJim

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 22:42 - Feb 20 by Swansea_Blue

Borderline at best. It's not clear who gets the first touch on the ball either. Even if there was any contact, Jackson was on the player's left and it would have been foot to foot. Yet their player rolls around on the ground holding his right leg just below the knee. 100% bought it imo.

I'm not entirely convinced it wasn't a handball knockdown from the high ball in the buildup to their second either.

It doesn't excuse our generally inept display for 70% of the match, but they're big calls that may be wrong and that could have corrupted the outcome.

Penalty for me. Bit of a coming together but Jackson catches his ankle while trying to play the ball. Stroud is a d!ck but if that was at the other end I'd be screaming for it.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 23:12 - Feb 20 with 1967 viewsLankHenners

He's always desperate to make himself centre of attention and tried to do so again tonight. Bet he was absolutely gutted when Hutchinson scored - surprised he didn't sink down to the floor like half the Rotherham players.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 23:17 - Feb 20 with 1906 viewsJimmy86

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 22:26 - Feb 20 by hatch

And before the free kick that led to their second our player (Travis?) got clattered near the dugouts and it was ignored - KMK looked fuming at that too.

Awful reffing for key moments.

Didn’t play advantage for Moore first half either

The silly little hobbit even put the whistle to his mouth and then didn't give it.. allowed the play to continue, then low and behold gave a foul against us, which they then scored from!! Totally inept from Stroud, if not unexpected
Just seen a replay of the penalty on 23:21 - Feb 20 with 1874 viewsKieran_Knows

Small man syndrome. The bloke is an absolute berk.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 23:27 - Feb 20 with 1819 viewsRyorry

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 23:17 - Feb 20 by Jimmy86

The silly little hobbit even put the whistle to his mouth and then didn't give it.. allowed the play to continue, then low and behold gave a foul against us, which they then scored from!! Totally inept from Stroud, if not unexpected

Oi, stop insulting hobbits!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 23:54 - Feb 20 with 1714 viewsBlueStreak

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 22:30 - Feb 20 by catch74

My thoughts exactly, bet he was fuming when they were caught offside.

That shouldn’t have been offside either as it was actually Morsy who passed it out to the wing.
Just seen a replay of the penalty on 00:11 - Feb 21 with 1676 viewsPhilTWTD

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 22:37 - Feb 20 by Vic

Looks like our defender kicked the guys foot.

Kayden told Leif Davis Kiosi stood on his foot, which looks right from the replay I saw, lost his footing as KJ moved his own foot.
Login to get fewer ads

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 00:25 - Feb 21 with 1646 viewsHerbivore

Yeah, that's never a penalty in a million years. He started off not too sh!t but as the game progressed he went full Stroud.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 00:46 - Feb 21 with 1598 viewsMVBlue

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 00:25 - Feb 21 by Herbivore

Yeah, that's never a penalty in a million years. He started off not too sh!t but as the game progressed he went full Stroud.

So bad, full Stroud.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 01:19 - Feb 21 with 1552 viewsstonojnr

all Id say, from my vantage point in the South Stand, is it was consistent with the type of freekicks he'd been giving all game. I saw the tackle go in, I thought it was fair challenge, their player went down, I knew instantly he was going to give a penalty for it.
Just seen a replay of the penalty on 01:29 - Feb 21 with 1532 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 22:42 - Feb 20 by Swansea_Blue

Even in that passage of play before the challenge there was a header right to the edge of the box and defenders slipping just a horrible last 30 minutes for us, it was coming.
Just seen a replay of the penalty on 08:09 - Feb 21 with 1385 viewsDJR

I didn't think it was a penalty but at least Jackson made up for it with his assist for Hutchinson's goal.
Just seen a replay of the penalty on 08:18 - Feb 21 with 1343 viewsGeoffSentence

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 00:25 - Feb 21 by Herbivore

Uppie for the use of The Full Stroud.

I'll be using that for any sh1t reffing from now on.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 08:33 - Feb 21 with 1295 viewsITFC_Forever

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 22:26 - Feb 20 by strikalite

When we made it 4-3 that was surely the last kick wasn't it? But the power he felt and the want for another equalizer put him in his feckin element..

No, 8 minutes of injury time was put up, we scored on 95 something, so there was still a few minutes to go, plus time for the goal celebrations.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 08:35 - Feb 21 with 1276 viewsITFC_Forever

Stroud's gonna Stroud.

Always been an incompetent attention-seeking moron with short man syndrome.

Although having said that, other than being his usual pedant, pernickety self, until the penalty he didn't do anything too disasterous, then he went for it.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 08:39 - Feb 21 with 1257 viewsAsa

Was there anyone else that thought it was a pen?

I have seen the replay about 25 times and not once does it look a pen. But also not clear enough to say it wasn’t.

Had a great view in line with it and live it looked a clear pen. Their player seemed to nip in between the ball and Jackson’s foot as Jackson went to play it.

I’d be fuming off the basis of just seeing the replay but you also can’t see that it definitely wasn’t one. Be interested if anyone else with a decent view also thought it was a clear penalty seeing it live.

Was about the only time I didn’t moan about the officials. Well that and the game clinching offside that couldn’t be an offside as Morsy played them in with an interception lol.
Just seen a replay of the penalty on 08:43 - Feb 21 with 1234 viewsAsa

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 00:11 - Feb 21 by PhilTWTD

Kayden told Leif Davis Kiosi stood on his foot, which looks right from the replay I saw, lost his footing as KJ moved his own foot.

Fair enough. That makes sense with what I saw live which looks like Jackson playing Kioso’s foot. Not surprising if it was on his own foot already!
Just seen a replay of the penalty on 09:01 - Feb 21 with 1172 viewsBobbychase

Also, just watched the section where Tuanzebe got booked for timewasting. Al Hamadi holds onto the ball for a while then throws it to Tuanzebe who is booked within seconds. Bizarre, if anything Al Hamadi should have been booked. A tiny detail in the big scheme of things but shows how poor Stroud is

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 09:09 - Feb 21 with 1150 viewsNutkins_Return

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 09:01 - Feb 21 by Bobbychase

Also, just watched the section where Tuanzebe got booked for timewasting. Al Hamadi holds onto the ball for a while then throws it to Tuanzebe who is booked within seconds. Bizarre, if anything Al Hamadi should have been booked. A tiny detail in the big scheme of things but shows how poor Stroud is

That and the time added on are two of the few things I don't have an issue with Stroud on. Weak ref and just doesn't seem to be able to concentrate/see what's happening. Lino had to help him a few times and the pen is a pure guess which is outragious.

Tuanzebe is unlucky but once time has been wasted it's on him to throw it quickly. It's essentially a ticking bomb game where he picks up the jeopardy as soon as Al-hamadi gives him it. The time added on was correct given there were two goals.
Just seen a replay of the penalty on 09:11 - Feb 21 with 1140 viewsOldFart71

In my humble opinion there are several problems when it comes to bad refereeing. Firstly managers aren't really allowed to comment and whilst I don't wish to see managers swearing they should be allowed to make a comment without feeling that what they say is noted and maybe a fine follows. Secondly the total backing by the FA regardless to whether a ref is rubbish or not. I don't know, but presume they are still marked for their officiating. But is that done by someone totally independent ? I doubt it. Being a ref is not easy because both sets of fans naturally wants their team to win and a bad decision one way or the other can in these days of very high stakes get a team relegated or prevent promotion. Although refs are more professional now it appears the standard is poor and whilst I don't wish to see a person out of a job it beggars belief that certain refs are seen as being incapable of doing a decent job that they are still being used.
Just seen a replay of the penalty on 09:12 - Feb 21 with 1125 viewsDanTheMan

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 08:09 - Feb 21 by DJR

I didn't think it was a penalty but at least Jackson made up for it with his assist for Hutchinson's goal.

Was very nice play between Al-Hamadi, Jackson and Hutchinson at the end there for the goal.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 09:18 - Feb 21 with 1096 viewsDJR

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 09:12 - Feb 21 by DanTheMan

Was very nice play between Al-Hamadi, Jackson and Hutchinson at the end there for the goal.

And all three were subs which just goes to show our attacking depth.
[Post edited 21 Feb 9:21]
Just seen a replay of the penalty on 09:19 - Feb 21 with 1079 viewsHerbivore

They took much longer over some of their throw ins and he didn't even have a word. He's hopeless.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 09:20 - Feb 21 with 1076 viewsDJR

I thought a booking was deserved and that "pass the parcel" or "musical chairs" meant that Tuanzebe was the right person for the referee to book especially because he did hesitate.
[Post edited 21 Feb 9:25]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024