Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just seen a replay of the penalty 22:02 - Feb 20 with 8680 viewsIllinoisblue

An absolute scandal of a decision. Even for Stroud, a shocking call.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 09:50 - Feb 21 with 1289 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 09:01 - Feb 21 by Bobbychase

Also, just watched the section where Tuanzebe got booked for timewasting. Al Hamadi holds onto the ball for a while then throws it to Tuanzebe who is booked within seconds. Bizarre, if anything Al Hamadi should have been booked. A tiny detail in the big scheme of things but shows how poor Stroud is

That made me smile. Stroud is so bad it's almost comical. He walks like a little diva as well.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 09:56 - Feb 21 with 1243 viewsNthQldITFC

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 09:12 - Feb 21 by DanTheMan

Was very nice play between Al-Hamadi, Jackson and Hutchinson at the end there for the goal.

Yes. The old double cutback routine, it's an ITFC classic.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 10:34 - Feb 21 with 1212 viewsSamWhiteUK

I just about hit the ceiling when that decision was given. I'm sure my neighbours could have heard me from across the road.
Just seen a replay of the penalty on 10:37 - Feb 21 with 1200 viewsHerbivore

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 10:34 - Feb 21 by SamWhiteUK

I just about hit the ceiling when that decision was given. I'm sure my neighbours could have heard me from across the road.

Imagine if that had ended up costing us two points, especially as it's only a few weeks on from the debacle at Preston where both of their opening goals shouldn't have stood. I know some people find it tiresome complaining about refs and claim the decisions even themselves up but we've really had a horrendous number of game changing or potentially game changing decisions go against us this season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 10:39 - Feb 21 with 1186 viewspointofblue

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 10:37 - Feb 21 by Herbivore

Imagine if that had ended up costing us two points, especially as it's only a few weeks on from the debacle at Preston where both of their opening goals shouldn't have stood. I know some people find it tiresome complaining about refs and claim the decisions even themselves up but we've really had a horrendous number of game changing or potentially game changing decisions go against us this season.

And the decisions in our favour seem to happen when they don't have a material affect on the game - like a foul outside the area given as a penalty when 3-0 up.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 10:47 - Feb 21 with 1152 viewsKieran_Knows

.... and as I said last night, we now have the pleasure of Gavin Ward on Saturday.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 11:12 - Feb 21 with 1103 viewsHerbivore

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 10:39 - Feb 21 by pointofblue

And the decisions in our favour seem to happen when they don't have a material affect on the game - like a foul outside the area given as a penalty when 3-0 up.

Although it looked like the contact continued into the area, at least in real time, so that wasn't the kind of howler we saw last night. And as you say, it was inconsequential in a way that the big decisions that have been given or not given against us simply haven't been.

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 11:26 - Feb 21 with 1060 viewsnorfsufblue

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 08:43 - Feb 21 by Asa

Fair enough. That makes sense with what I saw live which looks like Jackson playing Kioso’s foot. Not surprising if it was on his own foot already!

I was in SAR lower dead in line with it and I thought it was a free kick to us! The way he crouched dow to slowly point at the spot though... like " I'm going to really p you off now!"
Login to get fewer ads

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 12:26 - Feb 21 with 977 viewsTheMover

For me, he showed his true colours in the first minute, when Hugill slapped Vladky in our box. Thought that should have been a booking, totally off the ball and unnecessary
Just seen a replay of the penalty on 13:01 - Feb 21 with 923 viewsJimmy86

I agree, 100% it's about time that officials are indeed held to account for their mistakes... Yes they're human and mistakes will be made, but when they're such bad mistakes, that could cost teams dearly, whether it's getting relegated or promoted, then action should be taken, instead of the FA blindly backing them.. I mean, an apology like post Preston is great, but doesn't change a damn thing.. if we miss out on automatic, by a point then it games like that and the mistakes made which could be costly

Also noticed there were multiple times where he put his hand to his ear piece and others mention that he was helped by the lino or the 4th official... If he is not capable of officiating anymore then he should retire.. simple as that
Just seen a replay of the penalty on 13:03 - Feb 21 with 916 viewsGeoffSentence

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 13:01 - Feb 21 by Jimmy86

I agree, 100% it's about time that officials are indeed held to account for their mistakes... Yes they're human and mistakes will be made, but when they're such bad mistakes, that could cost teams dearly, whether it's getting relegated or promoted, then action should be taken, instead of the FA blindly backing them.. I mean, an apology like post Preston is great, but doesn't change a damn thing.. if we miss out on automatic, by a point then it games like that and the mistakes made which could be costly

Also noticed there were multiple times where he put his hand to his ear piece and others mention that he was helped by the lino or the 4th official... If he is not capable of officiating anymore then he should retire.. simple as that

anymore?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 13:11 - Feb 21 with 898 viewstractorshark

The fact this man is a fourth official in the Prem is beyond me.
He kept telling Pep to get back in his box during the Man City v Chelsea game last week.
Can you imagine if he’d had to take over from the ref in the middle.
Every time I see him down for one of our games, I fear the worst.
And if you look at his reputation with other clubs, you’ll see a common theme.
I hate VAR, I don’t mind refs making the odd mistake because I believe most get it right 9.5 times out of 10.
But refs need to be marked and judged accordingly and the fact Keith Stroud has managed to continue at a high level for so long, means either there’s a dearth of refereeing talent or the system isn’t working.
No fan likes decisions against their own team and we’re all biased but, in the case of Mr Stroud, we can’t all be wrong.
Just seen a replay of the penalty on 14:11 - Feb 21 with 842 viewsJimmy86

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 13:03 - Feb 21 by GeoffSentence

anymore?

Point taken... I raised that, as he is supposedly due to retire at the end of the season anyway
Just seen a replay of the penalty on 14:12 - Feb 21 with 841 viewsglasso

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 22:24 - Feb 20 by gainsboroughblue

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/13076640/ipswich-town-4-3-rotherham-utd-ch

Watching that back, I still think their number 23 shoves Hladky for their second goal. Personally, I wish that wasn't a foul in the modern game, but how often do we see it given? Protect the keeper and all that
Just seen a replay of the penalty on 14:35 - Feb 21 with 799 viewsHerbivore

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 14:12 - Feb 21 by glasso

Watching that back, I still think their number 23 shoves Hladky for their second goal. Personally, I wish that wasn't a foul in the modern game, but how often do we see it given? Protect the keeper and all that

Having rewatched it there is a shove. Hladky could still do better but it's one of those that would often be given as a foul.

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 15:25 - Feb 21 with 743 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 14:35 - Feb 21 by Herbivore

Having rewatched it there is a shove. Hladky could still do better but it's one of those that would often be given as a foul.

VAR would have overruled the goal for the foul and the handball. Bet we get all the crap VAR decision next season though.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 16:56 - Feb 21 with 641 viewstractordownsouth

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 10:39 - Feb 21 by pointofblue

For balance, we did also get away with one at home to Leicester when they should’ve had a penalty before our equaliser.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 16:59 - Feb 21 with 633 viewsGeoffSentence

Just seen a replay of the penalty on 14:11 - Feb 21 by Jimmy86

Point taken... I raised that, as he is supposedly due to retire at the end of the season anyway

Uppy for the good news.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024