Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rail travel for football fans - survey 15:21 - Feb 21 with 670 viewsSheffordBlue

The Football Supporters Association and some rail industry stakeholders are trying to gauge fans views about rail travel to matches. If you do travel by train to away games you might want to complete this survey:

https://thefsa.org.uk/news/rail-industry-seeks-fans-views-on-train-travel/?fbcli

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Rail travel for football fans - survey on 15:39 - Feb 21 with 606 viewsflykickingbybgunn

Why just away matches ? We travel by train for home games but presumably we don't count.
Rail travel for football fans - survey on 15:45 - Feb 21 with 593 viewsSheffordBlue

Rail travel for football fans - survey on 15:39 - Feb 21 by flykickingbybgunn

Why just away matches ? We travel by train for home games but presumably we don't count.

The survey does say that those who travel further for home games should contribute. I guess the shorter rail journeys are less affected by the suggestions they are proposing?

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Rail travel for football fans - survey on 15:51 - Feb 21 with 580 viewsflykickingbybgunn

Rail travel for football fans - survey on 15:45 - Feb 21 by SheffordBlue

The survey does say that those who travel further for home games should contribute. I guess the shorter rail journeys are less affected by the suggestions they are proposing?

Takes us just under 90 minutes from Lowestoft. It rattles on about away games all the way through.
Rail travel for football fans - survey on 16:11 - Feb 21 with 538 viewsMullet

Rail travel for football fans - survey on 15:51 - Feb 21 by flykickingbybgunn

Takes us just under 90 minutes from Lowestoft. It rattles on about away games all the way through.

Literally says if you attend home games and travel to them to fill it out as you likely experience the same issues.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Rail travel for football fans - survey on 16:12 - Feb 21 with 537 viewsTresBonne

Jesus, I might give them the lowest for every possible thing I can. Absolute joke this season
Rail travel for football fans - survey on 16:35 - Feb 21 with 501 viewsDJR

I travel two hours to home games and will have been to around 15 away games by the end of the season, but the proposals I was asked to comment on will have no impact on choosing the train.

I try to go the whole journey by train, but this often isn't possible due to works on Greater Anglia, meaning I sometimes go part or whole of the way by car. But there was no option to mention a factor like that.

All in all a rather pointless survey from my point of view, as I find is often the case with such surveys.
[Post edited 21 Feb 17:05]
Rail travel for football fans - survey on 16:51 - Feb 21 with 453 viewsZx1988

Rail travel for football fans - survey on 16:35 - Feb 21 by DJR

I travel two hours to home games and will have been to around 15 away games by the end of the season, but the proposals I was asked to comment on will have no impact on choosing the train.

I try to go the whole journey by train, but this often isn't possible due to works on Greater Anglia, meaning I sometimes go part or whole of the way by car. But there was no option to mention a factor like that.

All in all a rather pointless survey from my point of view, as I find is often the case with such surveys.
[Post edited 21 Feb 17:05]

Agree with you there.

Very inflexible, and seems geared towards supporting whatever scheme they have come up with next.

The whole situation needs a proper consultation that will allow fans to tell TOCs what they want, rather than picking from a list of options that TOCs have decided that football fans will want.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024