Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who honestly think we will sign another striker 17:35 - Jan 31 with 10294 viewsmelonhead

In this window?
I’m not sure it will happen and might have to settle for playoffs again my fingers are 🤞.
Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 17:36 - Jan 31 with 5035 viewsbaxterbasics

I don't think so unless another backup/one for the future. Not a solid starter. Which is a shame.

Not writing off our league position just yet though!

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 17:44 - Jan 31 with 4929 viewsEuropablue

I'm sure a deal will be made for a loan player tomorrow if we can't line up a suitable permanent signing.
Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 17:45 - Jan 31 with 4907 viewsDubtractor

I'll be amazed, and fairly disappointed, if we don't sign another striker.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 17:46 - Jan 31 with 4890 viewsmelonhead

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 17:36 - Jan 31 by baxterbasics

I don't think so unless another backup/one for the future. Not a solid starter. Which is a shame.

Not writing off our league position just yet though!

Would be a massive shame if this season p layed out and we failed to achieve promotion but it must be a lesson learnt if that is the case.
Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 17:52 - Jan 31 with 4803 viewsFrimleyBlue

Let's be honest.

Despite people saying you can't be critical

If we don't sign an experienced striker by the end of the window it's been an absolute fk up by the recruitment team.

Yes I know. Reasons. Excuses etc.

But still stand by the fact that managers don't get saved with their own excuses/Reasons. So neither should the people tasked with doing this Job.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 17:56 - Jan 31 with 4752 viewsEastLondonBlue

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 17:52 - Jan 31 by FrimleyBlue

Let's be honest.

Despite people saying you can't be critical

If we don't sign an experienced striker by the end of the window it's been an absolute fk up by the recruitment team.

Yes I know. Reasons. Excuses etc.

But still stand by the fact that managers don't get saved with their own excuses/Reasons. So neither should the people tasked with doing this Job.

Agree - would be unforgivable to cone through this without a solid no.9 coming through the door. Have faith in the leadership but the silence is deafening!
Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 17:58 - Jan 31 with 4698 viewsCoastalblue

I would think that odds are we will have somebody here.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 18:02 - Jan 31 with 4627 viewsBloomBlue

Scarlett will return.
Login to get fewer ads

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 18:03 - Jan 31 with 4607 viewsSwansea_Blue

I haven’t thought we would for a while. Unless something unexpected happens, I suspect that’s it as all our public targets have been ruled out for a while.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 18:04 - Jan 31 with 4604 viewsNthQldITFC

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 17:56 - Jan 31 by EastLondonBlue

Agree - would be unforgivable to cone through this without a solid no.9 coming through the door. Have faith in the leadership but the silence is deafening!

We're a very attractive place for players and/or loan clubs. If we can't get our primary targets it's for reasons out of our control, as we all know, but I don't doubt we'll have a queue of options (probably mostly loans now).

It's just a question of timing as to when we jump on a deal which is available to us at the expense of the hope that one of the targets higher up the list might suddenly become available. I trust our team to get that timing just about right, and we'll end up with, at worst, a decent option. Because we're attractive.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 18:06 - Jan 31 with 4552 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm sure we will get someone. I suspect it will be a loan. Hopefully an experienced striker rather than someone like Scarlett back but if that's the only option I would take him.

It would be disappointing though unless Hirst is making a dramatic recovery and returning early which looks doubtful.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 18:13 - Jan 31 with 4418 viewsrunaround

I’m guessing we will get a loanee in as I don’t think a permanent striker worth spending what budget we are allowed to spend that would fit exactly what we want is actually available.
It would be disappointing if we don’t get someone in but we are going to be better off not getting anyone in then getting the wrong one in especially on big fee and wages. Loan would be lower risk
Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 18:29 - Jan 31 with 4204 viewswhymark4lazio0

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 18:04 - Jan 31 by NthQldITFC

We're a very attractive place for players and/or loan clubs. If we can't get our primary targets it's for reasons out of our control, as we all know, but I don't doubt we'll have a queue of options (probably mostly loans now).

It's just a question of timing as to when we jump on a deal which is available to us at the expense of the hope that one of the targets higher up the list might suddenly become available. I trust our team to get that timing just about right, and we'll end up with, at worst, a decent option. Because we're attractive.

That makes sense. I hope you're right. Ideally we get somebody with Hirst's energy and strength so that we can continue to press teams from the front.

Poll: Should these Polls show number of votes as well as percentages?

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 18:31 - Jan 31 with 4164 viewsVegtablue

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 17:46 - Jan 31 by melonhead

Would be a massive shame if this season p layed out and we failed to achieve promotion but it must be a lesson learnt if that is the case.

The lesson can't be 'spend more in January if ever in the same position again'. Maybe it would be the importance of establishing an overseas scouting network, but doing so would reduce the overall transfer budget and is far from a guaranteed success. Maybe it would be the importance of completing the hardest business in the summer, but it's likely we're hitting the same financial walls now that we hit back then.

The lesson is probably: assembling a top-two-capable squad inside FFP limits is ridiculously hard without a substantial player sale or two. After that it just becomes very hard. No chance am I giving up hope if the window does prove unsuccessful (i.e. we finish with what we have now). Realistically though, pomotion is a big ask even if we can turn the window into a success tomorrow (senior striker and full-back cover).
Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 18:37 - Jan 31 with 4063 viewsScuzzer

Not now.
Too late in the day.

Established 1968

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 18:40 - Jan 31 with 4014 viewsSuperblue95

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 18:37 - Jan 31 by Scuzzer

Not now.
Too late in the day.

Yes, famously very little gets done on the last day of the transfer window.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 18:44 - Jan 31 with 3952 viewsHerbivore

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 18:37 - Jan 31 by Scuzzer

Not now.
Too late in the day.

There's about 28 hours of the window left. More deals happen on deadline day than any other day in the transfer window. Let's not throw in the towel just yet.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 18:46 - Jan 31 with 3929 viewspennblue

Regardless of what happens now, none of it looks well planned and within our control

The recruitment team have failed imo

Can we get paul cook back and he can head up that department. He can pick a player, or even Neil

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 18:54 - Jan 31 with 3808 viewsVegtablue

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 18:46 - Jan 31 by pennblue

Regardless of what happens now, none of it looks well planned and within our control

Can we get paul cook back and he can head up that department. He can pick a player, or even Neil

Is it credible that top-half Champ pedigree strikers simply cost more than we can afford (especially in January)?
Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:05 - Jan 31 with 3697 viewsITFCSG

It seems MA loves talking big but this is the 2nd window which he has failed if we don't bring anyone else in.

Can't blame McK, I bet he's just as frustrated.
Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:09 - Jan 31 with 3637 viewsEuropablue

That's like saying at 1 nil down, with 10 minutes to go that whatever happens now this match is a loss even if we go and get 2 goals in the last 10 minutes.
Withhold judgment until the window closes.
Do you really think that every player we target or have interest will say yes?
You plan for players or clubs turning you down. The idea is not to hang on for a no hope deal, of course, but as long as the loan options are quality, then a good loan is good January signing as opposed to a panic buy.
Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:13 - Jan 31 with 3592 viewsCoastalblue

Well this is a depressing thread.

Shows how strong some people's faith is in a club and structure that has seen us on a huge upward trajectory, one which has probably made getting new signings to improve on where we are a very challenging task.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:17 - Jan 31 with 3533 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If we can't get someone worth getting we should give Buabo a chance. Better to develop him than waste our time with a loan who isn't good enough.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:17 - Jan 31 with 3529 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Boooo bring back Marcus Evans. He’d have had Leon Best a done deal by now…
Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:18 - Jan 31 with 3508 viewsFrimleyBlue

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:13 - Jan 31 by Coastalblue

Well this is a depressing thread.

Shows how strong some people's faith is in a club and structure that has seen us on a huge upward trajectory, one which has probably made getting new signings to improve on where we are a very challenging task.

Probably because the last few windows haven't ended on a positive when it comes to strikers.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024