Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ali Al Hamadi 13:00 - Jan 25 with 17076 viewsitfcjoe

Stu Watson confirming a target we will try and thrash a deal out for

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/24074419.ipswich-town-afc-wimbledon-striker-ali-al-
[Post edited 25 Jan 13:26]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:17 - Jan 25 with 1671 viewsFrimleyBlue

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:16 - Jan 25 by GeoffSentence

I agree, plenty of good examples of mobility and pressing in there which is a positive. What you don't see so much of is him bringing other players into things, which is not to say he doesn't do that but the video doesn't really show much of it.

Overall though his mobility and pressing looks just right fit for us, and I am sure KMcK will bring on the rest of his game.

Yeah I agree, didn't show that part... which will be key too.

Might be worth a watch in the next game he's in.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:21 - Jan 25 with 1645 viewsRegencyBlue

Strikes me as one for the future more than leading us on a promotion push?

Maybe the news has been released to concentrate Blackburns mind over Gallagher do you think?
Ali Al Hamadi on 14:21 - Jan 25 with 1640 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Smacks more of Ahadme and Camera more than of Hirst and Broadhead, lets be honest.

PR signing, keep the fans happy as we have failed to meet our targets, Jackson will be the starter, he will play a bit part and probably loaned to a League One side next season.

If this what we're now going for we probably should have stuck with Ladapo, who at least has some record in League One and 13 Championship goals to his name between us and Rotherham. We need a couple of established Championship strikers, if they are too expensive then lets not waste resources on gambles. Scarlett is another example of that, a decent player, but definitely needed another season in League One. Some of us were derided at the time for saying that. This guy will absolutely need some more development to be of any use to us, League Two is dire.

I was hoping we were going to pull off a couple of deals to get us over the line this season, this kind of player is one that might benefit us in 2 years, and won't do much for our promotion hopes this season. I hope I am wrong, but not feeling good about that at all. Seems like a barrel scraping job to save face to me.
[Post edited 25 Jan 14:23]
Ali Al Hamadi on 14:22 - Jan 25 with 1611 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Ali Al Hamadi on 13:26 - Jan 25 by Herbivore

I'd be happy with this. It's a jump up for sure but he's been tearing up League 2 of late and looks too good for that level, clearly scope for development as well.

Tearing up League 2 is hardly much to write home about. He's gone from League 1 to Bromley on loan, and then League 2. Others in this thread who know more than me seem to rate him, but it's hardly the career trajectory to excite!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:23 - Jan 25 with 1594 viewsSitfcB

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:21 - Jan 25 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Smacks more of Ahadme and Camera more than of Hirst and Broadhead, lets be honest.

PR signing, keep the fans happy as we have failed to meet our targets, Jackson will be the starter, he will play a bit part and probably loaned to a League One side next season.

If this what we're now going for we probably should have stuck with Ladapo, who at least has some record in League One and 13 Championship goals to his name between us and Rotherham. We need a couple of established Championship strikers, if they are too expensive then lets not waste resources on gambles. Scarlett is another example of that, a decent player, but definitely needed another season in League One. Some of us were derided at the time for saying that. This guy will absolutely need some more development to be of any use to us, League Two is dire.

I was hoping we were going to pull off a couple of deals to get us over the line this season, this kind of player is one that might benefit us in 2 years, and won't do much for our promotion hopes this season. I hope I am wrong, but not feeling good about that at all. Seems like a barrel scraping job to save face to me.

Don’t even read your posts, I just downvote them as I know that’s what they deserve.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:23 - Jan 25 with 1576 viewsKieran_Knows

Everything okay?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:23 - Jan 25 with 1569 viewssaffers12

your thoughts Joe?
Ali Al Hamadi on 14:24 - Jan 25 with 1547 viewsNthQldITFC

Ali Al Hamadi on 13:22 - Jan 25 by FrimleyBlue

Strangely, it's not the goals I like the look of, but the number of interceptions via his pressing......

Yup. Me too, although his finishing looks calm and composed which is great.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:25 - Jan 25 with 1536 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Ali Al Hamadi on 13:16 - Jan 25 by portmanking

Ahadme vibes is very unfair. He's one of the hottest properties outside of the top two divisions.

Tyreece Simpson scored for fun in that league.

As did Macauley Bonne.

It's nothing to get excited over, League Two is dire. You just need to be big and run a bit and you are starting.
Ali Al Hamadi on 14:25 - Jan 25 with 1514 viewsFrimleyBlue

I was wanting jake young. So this fella will do.

I would still like to see a gallagher Tho. Then it's a great window.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:27 - Jan 25 with 1478 viewsSteve_M

Or you could realise McKenna is all about the attributes that player's have. And it's also not all about this season but our evolution as a team and a club.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:27 - Jan 25 with 1466 viewstractorboy1978

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:25 - Jan 25 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

As did Macauley Bonne.

It's nothing to get excited over, League Two is dire. You just need to be big and run a bit and you are starting.

So are you saying no player that has ever played in L2 has had a good career in the Championship?

I'm also assuming you've never seen him play.
[Post edited 25 Jan 14:28]
Ali Al Hamadi on 14:28 - Jan 25 with 1446 viewsGeoffSentence

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:17 - Jan 25 by FrimleyBlue

Yeah I agree, didn't show that part... which will be key too.

Might be worth a watch in the next game he's in.

Looking at his stats he does have 7 assists in 29 games so it is a part of his game. WOuld have liked to see a bit more of that in the highlights reel.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:30 - Jan 25 with 1421 viewsjayessess

As did Macauley Bonne.

So did Elijah Adebayo and Brandon Thomas-Asante before their moves to Luton and West Brom. I'd take either of those guys.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:33 - Jan 25 with 1380 viewsZapers

Please go away and sulk elsewhere.
Ali Al Hamadi on 14:33 - Jan 25 with 1365 viewsHerbivore

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:22 - Jan 25 by The_Flashing_Smile

Tearing up League 2 is hardly much to write home about. He's gone from League 1 to Bromley on loan, and then League 2. Others in this thread who know more than me seem to rate him, but it's hardly the career trajectory to excite!

He's only 21, his career is just starting really. He's averaging better than a goal every other game since playing regular football at Wimbledon, he's a good size and he's quick. Plenty to like about him, imo.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:35 - Jan 25 with 1342 viewsHerbivore

Have a fooking dry night, FFS.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:35 - Jan 25 with 1337 viewsportmanking

As did Macauley Bonne.

You know nothing about football.

Also, this club's success throughout the decades has largely been founded upon careful recruitment and nurturing up-and-coming talent. Give me an Al-Hamadi over Kieffer Moore any day.
Ali Al Hamadi on 14:35 - Jan 25 with 1323 viewsitfcjoe

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:23 - Jan 25 by saffers12

your thoughts Joe?

I think he's a real high ceiling player and one would be very excited to get, physically he is pretty monstrous with his athleticism and is one that will be a player at this level who stands out physcially.

He's very raw, misses a lot of chances, but scores a lot of goals - think it will be a lot to ask for him to be our starting 9 to lead us to the PL week in-week out, but as an option up top it's about as exciting an EFL signing as we could make and a player who could be worth 10 times what you pay for him

Prob unlikely, but get in a Sam Gallagher (or Sam Gallagher type) as well and it's a cracking window with one for the now and one who could go seriously far

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:37 - Jan 25 with 1249 viewsDanTheMan

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:24 - Jan 25 by NthQldITFC

Yup. Me too, although his finishing looks calm and composed which is great.

In one of the links posted, it mentions that he seems to be far and away the best player in the league at doing runs in behind defences and pulling players about for this behind him.

Also seems he's very athletic, even compared to some Premier League players.

Sounds similar to Hirst.

I shouldn't get excited by these links but...

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:40 - Jan 25 with 1197 viewsBlueBadger

Christ sake, either invest in some rubber undies or don't bother.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:41 - Jan 25 with 1179 viewstrncbluearmy

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:17 - Jan 25 by Blue_badge

Should get some feedback from Baggot then!

he made Baggot look very ordinary
Ali Al Hamadi on 14:41 - Jan 25 with 1777 viewsPhilTWTD

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:35 - Jan 25 by itfcjoe

I think he's a real high ceiling player and one would be very excited to get, physically he is pretty monstrous with his athleticism and is one that will be a player at this level who stands out physcially.

He's very raw, misses a lot of chances, but scores a lot of goals - think it will be a lot to ask for him to be our starting 9 to lead us to the PL week in-week out, but as an option up top it's about as exciting an EFL signing as we could make and a player who could be worth 10 times what you pay for him

Prob unlikely, but get in a Sam Gallagher (or Sam Gallagher type) as well and it's a cracking window with one for the now and one who could go seriously far

Think you're right, would need to be a signing alongside a more experienced number nine at this level. I suspect the plan this window wasn't to sign a player to step up but two more experienced - in Stansfield's case a little bit more experienced at least - at this level, but options seem to have been very limited.
Ali Al Hamadi on 14:42 - Jan 25 with 1755 viewsNutkins_Return

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:35 - Jan 25 by itfcjoe

Agree entirely. Do think we will go hard for a 2nd with him.
Ali Al Hamadi on 14:43 - Jan 25 with 1745 viewsdavblue

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:41 - Jan 25 by PhilTWTD

Think you're right, would need to be a signing alongside a more experienced number nine at this level. I suspect the plan this window wasn't to sign a player to step up but two more experienced - in Stansfield's case a little bit more experienced at least - at this level, but options seem to have been very limited.

lack of movement higher up has undoubtedly hindered us in this window.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024