Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ali Al Hamadi 13:00 - Jan 25 with 17074 viewsitfcjoe

Stu Watson confirming a target we will try and thrash a deal out for

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/24074419.ipswich-town-afc-wimbledon-striker-ali-al-
[Post edited 25 Jan 13:26]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:43 - Jan 25 with 1969 viewsPhilTWTD

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:21 - Jan 25 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Smacks more of Ahadme and Camera more than of Hirst and Broadhead, lets be honest.

PR signing, keep the fans happy as we have failed to meet our targets, Jackson will be the starter, he will play a bit part and probably loaned to a League One side next season.

If this what we're now going for we probably should have stuck with Ladapo, who at least has some record in League One and 13 Championship goals to his name between us and Rotherham. We need a couple of established Championship strikers, if they are too expensive then lets not waste resources on gambles. Scarlett is another example of that, a decent player, but definitely needed another season in League One. Some of us were derided at the time for saying that. This guy will absolutely need some more development to be of any use to us, League Two is dire.

I was hoping we were going to pull off a couple of deals to get us over the line this season, this kind of player is one that might benefit us in 2 years, and won't do much for our promotion hopes this season. I hope I am wrong, but not feeling good about that at all. Seems like a barrel scraping job to save face to me.
[Post edited 25 Jan 14:23]

Overly negative take, but I don't disagree that it might be a signing - if it happens - which benefits us more longer term than now and probably isn't the sort of addition they were ideally hoping to make in this window.
Ali Al Hamadi on 14:43 - Jan 25 with 1949 viewsblueasfook

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:41 - Jan 25 by PhilTWTD

Think you're right, would need to be a signing alongside a more experienced number nine at this level. I suspect the plan this window wasn't to sign a player to step up but two more experienced - in Stansfield's case a little bit more experienced at least - at this level, but options seem to have been very limited.

I find it really frustrating to be honest, that we are a club flying high at the top of the championship and we can't seem to get a decent striker in. Be it on loan or a permanent signing.

Wha gorn orrrn?

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:44 - Jan 25 with 1937 viewsPhilTWTD

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:43 - Jan 25 by davblue

lack of movement higher up has undoubtedly hindered us in this window.

That's true, one trickle down theory which does work!
Ali Al Hamadi on 14:45 - Jan 25 with 1927 viewsPhilTWTD

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:43 - Jan 25 by blueasfook

I find it really frustrating to be honest, that we are a club flying high at the top of the championship and we can't seem to get a decent striker in. Be it on loan or a permanent signing.

Wha gorn orrrn?

Limited options, FFP mainly.
Ali Al Hamadi on 14:45 - Jan 25 with 1924 viewsIllinoisblue

Smacks more of Ahadme and Camera more than of Hirst and Broadhead, lets be honest.

PR signing, keep the fans happy as we have failed to meet our targets, Jackson will be the starter, he will play a bit part and probably loaned to a League One side next season.

If this what we're now going for we probably should have stuck with Ladapo, who at least has some record in League One and 13 Championship goals to his name between us and Rotherham. We need a couple of established Championship strikers, if they are too expensive then lets not waste resources on gambles. Scarlett is another example of that, a decent player, but definitely needed another season in League One. Some of us were derided at the time for saying that. This guy will absolutely need some more development to be of any use to us, League Two is dire.

I was hoping we were going to pull off a couple of deals to get us over the line this season, this kind of player is one that might benefit us in 2 years, and won't do much for our promotion hopes this season. I hope I am wrong, but not feeling good about that at all. Seems like a barrel scraping job to save face to me.

You have occasional moments of sounding almost normal. Then you quickly revert to a blubbering mess. Maybe football’s not for you.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:45 - Jan 25 with 1909 viewstractorboy1978

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:41 - Jan 25 by PhilTWTD

Think you're right, would need to be a signing alongside a more experienced number nine at this level. I suspect the plan this window wasn't to sign a player to step up but two more experienced - in Stansfield's case a little bit more experienced at least - at this level, but options seem to have been very limited.

If Blackburn eventually buckle then you'd imagine Gallagher + Al Hamadi will fit within our budget? I believe you said previously you'd heard Nixon's £3m and £15k a week wage wasn't far off if a touch light? Al Hamadi will be on modest wages and is perhaps the type of profile you can give a 4 year deal in order to spread the fee for FFP.
[Post edited 25 Jan 14:49]
Ali Al Hamadi on 14:46 - Jan 25 with 1880 viewsblueasfook

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:45 - Jan 25 by PhilTWTD

Limited options, FFP mainly.

Aye. Looks like Sitters may have to pull on his one boot after all.
[Post edited 25 Jan 14:47]

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:48 - Jan 25 with 1839 viewsElderGrizzly

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:35 - Jan 25 by itfcjoe

I think he's a real high ceiling player and one would be very excited to get, physically he is pretty monstrous with his athleticism and is one that will be a player at this level who stands out physcially.

He's very raw, misses a lot of chances, but scores a lot of goals - think it will be a lot to ask for him to be our starting 9 to lead us to the PL week in-week out, but as an option up top it's about as exciting an EFL signing as we could make and a player who could be worth 10 times what you pay for him

Prob unlikely, but get in a Sam Gallagher (or Sam Gallagher type) as well and it's a cracking window with one for the now and one who could go seriously far

And I assume with the flexibility to play wide makes it even more appealing given the way we set up.
Login to get fewer ads

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:48 - Jan 25 with 1833 viewsitfcjoe

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:42 - Jan 25 by Nutkins_Return

Agree entirely. Do think we will go hard for a 2nd with him.

We def will be, but worry whether we actually get it done

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:50 - Jan 25 with 1800 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Video of his touches v Mansfield, can get a better look at his all round game than a highlights reel

Some very Marcus Stewart alike dummies in the penalty area at 3.20
Ali Al Hamadi on 14:53 - Jan 25 with 1747 viewsyorkshireblue

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:25 - Jan 25 by FrimleyBlue

I was wanting jake young. So this fella will do.

I would still like to see a gallagher Tho. Then it's a great window.

As someone who has watched him, Jake Young is not (currently) a Championship quality player. If we were to sign him, we'd be looking to loan him straight back out.

There is a reason the clubs linked to him are all in League One.
Ali Al Hamadi on 15:04 - Jan 25 with 1620 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:33 - Jan 25 by Herbivore

He's only 21, his career is just starting really. He's averaging better than a goal every other game since playing regular football at Wimbledon, he's a good size and he's quick. Plenty to like about him, imo.

Didn't know he's only 21, so fairy nuff.

Also, I appear to be in the same camp as ChampionsofInnsbruck on this one, which is a sign I've got things horribly, horribly wrong.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Ali Al Hamadi on 15:08 - Jan 25 with 1580 viewsHerbivore

Ali Al Hamadi on 15:04 - Jan 25 by The_Flashing_Smile

Didn't know he's only 21, so fairy nuff.

Also, I appear to be in the same camp as ChampionsofInnsbruck on this one, which is a sign I've got things horribly, horribly wrong.

Someone mentioned earlier that he wouldn't take up a squad place, which is an added bonus. I suspect it'll be Al-Hamadi plus someone more experienced, ideally, but I like the look of Al-Hamadi as an option. I renewed my Athletic subscription and one of the Town related articles was on the best players in the EFL (Davis was the Town link) and one of the journos picked Al-Hamadi, partly I imagine so there was a bit of League 2 coverage but partly because he seems to be widely viewed as someone with the attributes to kick on and succeed at a higher level.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ali Al Hamadi on 15:08 - Jan 25 with 1574 viewsRyorry

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:43 - Jan 25 by PhilTWTD

Overly negative take, but I don't disagree that it might be a signing - if it happens - which benefits us more longer term than now and probably isn't the sort of addition they were ideally hoping to make in this window.

If we do get him over the line in signing, I wouldn't be so pessimistic, given KM's brilliant record in coaching & improving players.

Atm, I'm more concerned he doesn't pick up an injury at Afcon!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Ali Al Hamadi on 15:12 - Jan 25 with 1522 viewsyorkshireblue

Ali Al Hamadi on 15:08 - Jan 25 by Ryorry

If we do get him over the line in signing, I wouldn't be so pessimistic, given KM's brilliant record in coaching & improving players.

Atm, I'm more concerned he doesn't pick up an injury at Afcon!

But amazed if pick up an injury at AFCON…
Ali Al Hamadi on 15:16 - Jan 25 with 1474 viewsRyorry

Ali Al Hamadi on 15:12 - Jan 25 by yorkshireblue

But amazed if pick up an injury at AFCON…

Yeah, y'know wadi mean!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Ali Al Hamadi on 15:19 - Jan 25 with 1453 viewsBluemist

Ali Al Hamadi on 13:22 - Jan 25 by FrimleyBlue

Strangely, it's not the goals I like the look of, but the number of interceptions via his pressing......

KM knows his onions an iraq international there must be something about him. 21 prime age to learn from KM
Ali Al Hamadi on 15:50 - Jan 25 with 1214 viewscrouchendyachtclub

To add a touch of doom and gloom to the thread...

This seems like a signing that could potentially come good if, heaven forbid, we don't go up this season. I don't mind it as a signing, provided we manage to get someone to fill Hurst's shoes too.
Ali Al Hamadi on 15:58 - Jan 25 with 1137 views_clive_baker_

Ali Al Hamadi on 15:50 - Jan 25 by crouchendyachtclub

To add a touch of doom and gloom to the thread...

This seems like a signing that could potentially come good if, heaven forbid, we don't go up this season. I don't mind it as a signing, provided we manage to get someone to fill Hurst's shoes too.

Don't think that's doom or gloom tbh.

Certainly one for the future, and very much the sort of signing we should be looking at making. There's always some jeopardy in bringing players up from a level (or 2 in this case) below where we're at, but frankly we're going to be priced out of a player like this if he's then 23 / 24 and has 20 Championship goals to his name.

It isn't one I think we'll be looking at to come in and immediately lead the line week in, week out though, so it very much strikes me as 1 of 2 in terms of arrivals over the next week.
Ali Al Hamadi on 15:59 - Jan 25 with 1429 viewsBlueschev

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:44 - Jan 25 by PhilTWTD

That's true, one trickle down theory which does work!

Commie.
Ali Al Hamadi on 16:02 - Jan 25 with 1390 viewsFrimleyBlue

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:50 - Jan 25 by burnbudgiesburn

Video of his touches v Mansfield, can get a better look at his all round game than a highlights reel

Some very Marcus Stewart alike dummies in the penalty area at 3.20

Think immediately the first thing he will have to work on is those balls into the body with defender right behind you. Even hirst struggles at times and he's had months of coaching now.. it's quite tough at this level. Defenders are bigger. Stronger and more wise to the attempts of the striker to hold the ball. But it Is something that can be worked on so that's fine.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Ali Al Hamadi on 16:28 - Jan 25 with 1279 viewscordonblue

Now we're talking....

Sort of signing were Brighton/Brentford would be looking to make were they in our position.

Looks calm and composed in front of goal, a skill which if you have it can be easily applied across different levels of football... Toney, Watkins, Vardy et al

Genuinely excited about this. Got to take some risks in our position as the lesser spotted 'experienced championship striker' does not grow on trees and sometimes looking down can be the best route up.
Ali Al Hamadi on 16:45 - Jan 25 with 1178 viewsSteve_M

Ali Al Hamadi on 14:45 - Jan 25 by Illinoisblue

You have occasional moments of sounding almost normal. Then you quickly revert to a blubbering mess. Maybe football’s not for you.

Can you point me to one of those normal posts please Illy?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Ali Al Hamadi on 16:51 - Jan 25 with 1139 viewsParky

Ali Al Hamadi on 13:17 - Jan 25 by TRUE_BLUE123

He is a vastly superior football player to Ahadme.

He plays in league 2 now. but he's far better than a league 2 footballer.

Not aimed at you, but a lot of people get hung up on him playing in League 2. Out of our current first teamers, all of the below have played in League 2..

Hladky
Burgess
Edmundson
Clarke
Morsy
Burns
Harness
Chaplin
Jackson

Most of which were all at similar ages to Al-Hamadi at the time.
Ali Al Hamadi on 16:55 - Jan 25 with 1095 viewsBlueschev

Have faith. Hopefully it will smack of Jonathan Walters.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024