Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clarke has been atrocious so far 18:02 - Jan 13 with 4574 viewsibbleobble

So many unforced errors and his poor positioning and shape lead to the goal. Not interested in how much he offers going forward, needs to do the basics at the back first.
Clarke has been atrocious so far on 20:17 - Jan 13 with 1356 viewsTrumptonBlue

Clarke has been atrocious so far on 19:29 - Jan 13 by SaleAway

Man of the match on radio Suffolk

Fat fingers have led to me reporting this as abuse! Apologies.
Clarke has been atrocious so far on 20:34 - Jan 13 with 1295 viewsbluelagos

Clarke has been atrocious so far on 20:10 - Jan 13 by Swansea_Blue

Yep.

After the goal he settled, responded to his card and played with control and maturity. Going in on him early by the OP was a bit of a rookie error.

Had one sat near me, moaning every time Clarke put a foot wrong.

But you know what was good - after he messed up (when shielding the ball) he soon came to take a throw in near me. And loads of us stood up, applauded him, encouraged him and showed him some appreciation.

Why anyone thinks having a pop at a player, a young one learning his trade too, well that's for them. Hats off to Harry today - proper turned in a good performance after a shaky start.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Clarke has been atrocious so far on 20:48 - Jan 13 with 1280 viewsitfcsuth

Certainly was poor the opening 30.

Settled and thought he had a strong second half.

He’s a bit like that as player often though HC, one extreme to the other in the blink of an eye.
Clarke has been atrocious so far on 21:05 - Jan 13 with 1239 viewsBassett_Blue

I'm not a fan of Clarke and thought he had a poor first half. Credit where credit is due though, as he was great second half.
Clarke has been atrocious so far on 11:02 - Jan 14 with 1110 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Clarke has been atrocious so far on 18:37 - Jan 13 by ibbleobble

Christ you’re a bit wet - it’s opinion about football, man up. There are positive and negatives out there tonight, he’s been a negative and I expect Tuanzebe to come on for him at some point.

Positives are Burns and Davis are getting in some good positions, Travis and Taylor have done OK given they’re a new pairing and Jackson has one and could have had another. Will that do for your dopamine levels?

You expected wrong then.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Clarke has been atrocious so far on 11:04 - Jan 14 with 1101 viewsFrimleyBlue

Out of interest

Clarkes achilles issue...

I'm most likely wrong in every way here.. but
Could it be something that feels better the further we gon into a game.... but obviously after when rested it'll hurt like fk again.

I just wondered as he does get.better as the game goes on and he seems to run a bit more freely too.

It could just be his understanding of the game obviously but I just wanted to ask.
[Post edited 14 Jan 11:07]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Clarke has been atrocious so far on 14:00 - Jan 14 with 1058 viewsorfordbuoy

Clarke has been atrocious so far on 11:04 - Jan 14 by FrimleyBlue

Out of interest

Could it be something that feels better the further we gon into a game.... but obviously after when rested it'll hurt like fk again.

I just wondered as he does get.better as the game goes on and he seems to run a bit more freely too.

It could just be his understanding of the game obviously but I just wanted to ask.

Good point. Great 2nd half.
Clarke has been atrocious so far on 15:18 - Jan 14 with 986 viewsmrfixit426

Clarke has been atrocious so far on 11:04 - Jan 14 by FrimleyBlue

Out of interest

I had a similar problem when I was playing. It was really painful in the warm up and at the start of a game, but after about 20 mins I didn't feel it any more. Until the next morning!
Login to get fewer ads

Clarke has been atrocious so far on 15:27 - Jan 14 with 975 viewsRyorry

Clarke has been atrocious so far on 18:08 - Jan 13 by ibbleobble

Eh? He’s been all over the place. Call it for what it is. Plenty of positives. He’s been dross.

"Plenty of positives. He’s been dross."

I suggest you take a further education class in how to communicate effectively in English.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Clarke has been atrocious so far on 15:57 - Jan 14 with 934 viewsJackNorthStand

The state of this comment is hilarious
Clarke has been atrocious so far on 16:42 - Jan 14 with 898 viewsChurchman

In the ‘let’s pick on a player’ frame has been:
Burgess before the season started - replace because he’s L1
Burns - no end product
Clarke - dross
Ladapo - lazy and useless
Who’s next on the list? Broadhead maybe? How about Taylor?

McKenna selects these players including Clarke. I take it then that McKenna is dross and should be pushed out too? You can’t have it both ways.

Clarke is 22. He has heart, strength and a good degree of skill. Good shot on him too. He has a lot to learn and make the odd mistake, not helped by the team set up leaving him exposed sometimes. He’s going to be a very good player for us, if he’s allowed to be.
Clarke has been atrocious so far on 16:45 - Jan 14 with 890 viewsFrimleyBlue

Clarke has been atrocious so far on 15:18 - Jan 14 by mrfixit426

I had a similar problem when I was playing. It was really painful in the warm up and at the start of a game, but after about 20 mins I didn't feel it any more. Until the next morning!

Thanks. I did wonder if it could be a plausible reason. Because the first half hour clarke we tend to see really dies come on massively as the game moves on.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Clarke has been atrocious so far on 16:54 - Jan 14 with 871 viewsibbleobble

Clarke has been atrocious so far on 15:27 - Jan 14 by Ryorry

"Plenty of positives. He’s been dross."

I suggest you take a further education class in how to communicate effectively in English.

Idiot. It meant there were plenty of positives in the game but he’s been dross (an account of his first half). I love this thread. -25 and no-one has countered all the issues he caused us. In the second half he committed a fouls and while remonstrating with the ref the ball was dinked over his head and they were in again. Whilst in a yellow he also shoved Clarke in the back a second before the ball dropped while challenging for a header.

Very good going forward but defensively, he needs work. Probably explains why he was let go at PL level. Still, what do I know, over to you Ryorry to retort in beautiful prose.
Clarke has been atrocious so far on 16:57 - Jan 14 with 846 viewsibbleobble

Clarke has been atrocious so far on 16:42 - Jan 14 by Churchman

In the ‘let’s pick on a player’ frame has been:
Burgess before the season started - replace because he’s L1
Burns - no end product
Clarke - dross
Ladapo - lazy and useless
Who’s next on the list? Broadhead maybe? How about Taylor?

McKenna selects these players including Clarke. I take it then that McKenna is dross and should be pushed out too? You can’t have it both ways.

Clarke is 22. He has heart, strength and a good degree of skill. Good shot on him too. He has a lot to learn and make the odd mistake, not helped by the team set up leaving him exposed sometimes. He’s going to be a very good player for us, if he’s allowed to be.

I commented on his performance, not his overall contribution to the season or the squad. There’s no agenda here, just an objective view point in his performance last night. I’m sure if you were sensible and didn’t lump all types of opinion into the same bucket, you’d be able to see that, no?
Clarke has been atrocious so far on 17:00 - Jan 14 with 836 viewsibbleobble

Clarke has been atrocious so far on 19:29 - Jan 13 by SaleAway

Man of the match on radio Suffolk

Over Chaplin? Ridic.
Clarke has been atrocious so far on 17:01 - Jan 14 with 834 viewsibbleobble

Clarke has been atrocious so far on 19:32 - Jan 13 by keighleyblue

utter cobblers.

Insightful. Anything to share about the litany of errors or because he had a shot on goal does that mask the inefficiencies?
Clarke has been atrocious so far on 17:11 - Jan 14 with 808 viewsSawtrich

whoscored give match ratings based on dry statistics, no personal bias. Harry Clarke got 7.6, only Chaplin and Jack Clarke scored higher.
Clarke has been atrocious so far on 17:24 - Jan 14 with 757 viewsReusersTown

Clarke has been atrocious so far on 17:11 - Jan 14 by Sawtrich

whoscored give match ratings based on dry statistics, no personal bias. Harry Clarke got 7.6, only Chaplin and Jack Clarke scored higher.

On top of that he was facing up against Jack Clarke by far their best player, another detail the OP is completely oblivious too. One of the many gaps in his knowledge by the looks of things.
Clarke has been atrocious so far on 17:28 - Jan 14 with 740 viewspointofblue

Poor first half, great second half.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Clarke has been atrocious so far on 17:31 - Jan 14 with 717 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Clarke has been atrocious so far on 16:54 - Jan 14 by ibbleobble

Idiot. It meant there were plenty of positives in the game but he’s been dross (an account of his first half). I love this thread. -25 and no-one has countered all the issues he caused us. In the second half he committed a fouls and while remonstrating with the ref the ball was dinked over his head and they were in again. Whilst in a yellow he also shoved Clarke in the back a second before the ball dropped while challenging for a header.

Very good going forward but defensively, he needs work. Probably explains why he was let go at PL level. Still, what do I know, over to you Ryorry to retort in beautiful prose.

He's not perfect and is young - he made a few errors first half but then grew into the game (perhaps due to the injury thing Frimmers highlighted) and overall I thought he had a very good performance.

You went early slating him on here (while the game was still on, so you presumably weren't even at it) and reckoned he'd get subbed.

We're just up from League 1 and have been nothing short of exceptional, and Clarke has had to step up as part of that. It would be quite harsh to NOT expect him to make a few mistakes.

If I got -25 votes I'd think I've probably made a mistake somewhere.

EDIT: He was also up against Jack Clarke, one of the best players in the league, who West Ham are apparently chasing. I also think the downvotes may well be for the rather OTT "atrocious".
[Post edited 14 Jan 17:33]

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Clarke has been atrocious so far on 17:32 - Jan 14 with 712 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Had to deal with this leagues top player and came off really well. One of his better performances.
He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't re positoining on 17:39 - Jan 14 with 681 viewsDyland

That's a team shape thing as much as individual "error". Granted, there is room for improvement here. He's what, 22 or something, so can be given a break non?

I remember Carlos Edwards drifting in pitch in a similar way, and it used to do my head in. But I don't set the tactics or team shape, or indeed play professional football :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Clarke has been atrocious so far on 17:40 - Jan 14 with 673 viewsthorpedo

TBF if we'd had a full back on the bench I'd have happily seen him subbed off after 30 minutes - on a booking and looked lost at times. However - then he detonated 'Beast Mode' and was simply awesome for the last hour - taking people on, winning everything. Superb.

Thorpedo

Clarke has been atrocious so far on 17:42 - Jan 14 with 662 viewsRyorry

Clarke has been atrocious so far on 16:54 - Jan 14 by ibbleobble

Lol. Don't blame me for your poor comprehension of the English language, your laziness or inability to communicate what you actually mean, or your inability to take justified criticism on board.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Clarke has been atrocious so far on 17:52 - Jan 14 with 629 viewsChurchman

Clarke has been atrocious so far on 16:57 - Jan 14 by ibbleobble

I commented on his performance, not his overall contribution to the season or the squad. There’s no agenda here, just an objective view point in his performance last night. I’m sure if you were sensible and didn’t lump all types of opinion into the same bucket, you’d be able to see that, no?

I think calling another poster an idiot and a comment to me like ‘I’m sure if you were sensible’ towards me when you don’t know me says an awful lot more about you than it does me.

It’s actually relatively easy to lump opinions and certain posters together. From what I’ve read you fit beautifully among them. I’ll go no further since I don’t wish to be as rude to you as you are happy to be towards others.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024