Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. 16:34 - Dec 16 with 2791 viewsNthQldITFC

I get the feeling that generally the board is not too bothered about not winning today. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have won this game than the Middlesbrough game or the Watford game - swapped the results round if you like. I think I understand why many of us seem to feel like this.

After however many years it is since beating Norwich, after being a division below them for four years, I would have thought that I would be hurting after us 'blowing a golden opportunity' to put the natural order straight again.

I can't quite believe I'm saying all this, but I think it's because we've just flown straight past them and they've suddenly become a bit of an irrelevance. We are, and we were today, demonstrably so much better than they are, and our two clubs are going in completely different directions.

It might be that age has mellowed, or it might be that I look forward to beating them at their place in April and clinching promotion then, it certainly isn't that I love Ipswich Town any the less than I used to, but for me today was just a slight disappointment before two really important games coming up.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 16:36 - Dec 16 with 2568 viewsBlueBadger

I'm disappointed but philosophical. We're leaving them in the dust and they know it. They celebrated today as if they'd just participated in an FA Cup semi final.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 16:37 - Dec 16 with 2540 viewspointofblue

In reality, if we had to drop any points in the games against Norwich, Leeds and Leicester, then Norwich would be the one to pick from the point of view of the table. They're not rivals, in terms of the division.

But getting 6/6 from Leeds away and Leicester at home? If we manage that it'll be a small Christmas miracle. I'd be happy at this stage with two.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 16:39 - Dec 16 with 2511 viewspointofblue

This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 16:36 - Dec 16 by BlueBadger

I'm disappointed but philosophical. We're leaving them in the dust and they know it. They celebrated today as if they'd just participated in an FA Cup semi final.

FA Cup Semi Final? I thought they had won the Champions League.

This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 16:39 - Dec 16 with 2503 viewsbluelagos

We played well and deserved to win. Sometimes you deserve a win but it doesn't happen. Best times for that is when you are 10 points clear of 3rd I reckon.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 16:40 - Dec 16 with 2489 viewsMVBlue

Yes all of the above really. We are in dreamland with the football style and winning ways. We were the better side, played our lovely stuff in the first half. Actually a new experience for many of our players. Good to score against them. Their second was fairly spawny goalkeeper didn't cover himself in glory. We didn't lose, we march forwards. They are an irrelevance.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 16:42 - Dec 16 with 2461 viewsDublinBlue84

Personally I'm not that bothered about it being a 2-2 draw, at the end of the day even if Leeds win today we are in a better position than we were before the last 3 games which were all going to be tough ones.

We dominated them and were by far the better team and the only reason they got the point was because of poor finishing and them getting away with one goal which was clearly offside and the second goal which was fortunate and also perhaps offside.

Then they spent much of the match trying to manufacture an incident with their play acting and off the ball fouls and squaring up to some of our players as they knew in a straight fight they couldn't win. After we scored the second they didn't even try and attack, especially for the last 20 minutes.

To seem them celebrate at the end? Most of the people around me just laughed at it, it was actually rather funny, in previous years we might have been a bit more down about it, but we're so far ahead of them in every category. Their reaction shows how far they have fallen that they celebrate something like that like winnignt he league.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 16:46 - Dec 16 with 2409 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Bigger things at play now. Not going to pretend it doesn’t sting more not to get the win because it’s them and we are way better but a huge week up coming.

Years gone by this was the biggest game of the season because we weren’t in contention for anything.
This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 16:58 - Dec 16 with 2331 viewsTheBoyBlue

The bigger picture innit. A win would've been great of course, but it was another brilliant performance (although not our best this season) and the games against Leeds and Leicester are far more important.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Login to get fewer ads

This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 16:59 - Dec 16 with 2314 viewsRadlett_blue

This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 16:36 - Dec 16 by BlueBadger

Well, while Town look a much better side than Norwich, there wasn't much between the teams when we drew 1-1 at PR in September 2018. You wouldn't then have put money on Norwich finishing as champions & Town being relegated by a mile. Yes, this season is half way through, but form can easily change. But right now, town are flying, we look to have a realistic chance of promotion to the PL & so we're less bothered about failing to beat Norwich.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 17:07 - Dec 16 with 2254 viewsNthQldITFC

This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 16:59 - Dec 16 by Radlett_blue

Well, while Town look a much better side than Norwich, there wasn't much between the teams when we drew 1-1 at PR in September 2018. You wouldn't then have put money on Norwich finishing as champions & Town being relegated by a mile. Yes, this season is half way through, but form can easily change. But right now, town are flying, we look to have a realistic chance of promotion to the PL & so we're less bothered about failing to beat Norwich.

Both teams were absolutely dire in that 2018 game. As you say, it's hard to fathom how Norwich turned that season round and got up, although I've heard a lot of their fans acknowledging that they had a hell of a lot of luck that year.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 17:20 - Dec 16 with 2150 viewspointofblue

This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 17:07 - Dec 16 by NthQldITFC

Both teams were absolutely dire in that 2018 game. As you say, it's hard to fathom how Norwich turned that season round and got up, although I've heard a lot of their fans acknowledging that they had a hell of a lot of luck that year.

I actually went away from that game with a bit of hope for Town, and thought Norwich were going to struggle. The way the teams then moved in opposite directions was shocking to start with.

This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 17:38 - Dec 16 with 2059 viewsMattinLondon

Immediately after the match I was bitterly disappointed that we had not won. We were the better team, we had the better changes and we had a style of play that deserved three points. But, when the TV cameras panned to the Norwich fans celebrating like they had won the Champions League my disappointment turned to pragmatism.

Kieron has only been here for two years - the newish owners not much longer than that - and in that space of time we have knocked down the ‘Marcus Evans’ effect and now the prime club of East Anglia and we are the club moving forward.

We are still ten points ahead of third and twenty-one points ahead of that lot.
This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 18:01 - Dec 16 with 1940 viewsRyorry

Tbh I put myself in philosophical mode just before k/o, maybe it was a self-protective armour, but wasn't expecting anything - it was a derby after all, and we know they can be odd/banana skins, with form often going outa the window.

Would have been delirious with joy if we'd won; in the end just relieved we didn't lose. Promotion is obvs a far bigger & long-term aim, & our course hasn't altered much re that after today. So on we go, one game at a time 👍

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 18:05 - Dec 16 with 1909 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

I feel pretty bad about it, but the Leeds result essentially nullifying it in the table makes it bearable provided we give them the thrashing they deserve at their place.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 18:15 - Dec 16 with 1820 viewsChurchman

Tbh I wanted the three points primarily just to continue the run of wins. Still wanted to beat them, obviously. It has been far too long. However, firstly we didn’t lose and secondly it was an 7 point week. It just feels like they are trailing in our wake (21 points of wake?) now and I too think we’ll win at their place.

Leeds failing to win today against Coventry was good news and a bit of a surprise.
This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 18:38 - Dec 16 with 1721 viewslazyblue

I’m bothered, very bothered as this should be the end of scum gloating ( even though we are levels ahead of them).
This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 18:42 - Dec 16 with 1689 viewsSwansea_Blue

This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 17:38 - Dec 16 by MattinLondon

Immediately after the match I was bitterly disappointed that we had not won. We were the better team, we had the better changes and we had a style of play that deserved three points. But, when the TV cameras panned to the Norwich fans celebrating like they had won the Champions League my disappointment turned to pragmatism.

Kieron has only been here for two years - the newish owners not much longer than that - and in that space of time we have knocked down the ‘Marcus Evans’ effect and now the prime club of East Anglia and we are the club moving forward.

We are still ten points ahead of third and twenty-one points ahead of that lot.

Their celebrations rub it in for me. They knew we were better, we knew we were better. Two points dropped, balls!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 18:51 - Dec 16 with 1638 viewsMullet

Just posted very similar. The nagging ache is that we didn't prove it definitively isn't it?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 18:54 - Dec 16 with 1597 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 18:51 - Dec 16 by Mullet

Just posted very similar. The nagging ache is that we didn't prove it definitively isn't it?

There's always the return fixture in April.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 18:57 - Dec 16 with 1572 viewsericclacton

Yeah that's how i feel, i don't really bother myself with that club, in fact i never really have if i'm honest.

This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 18:58 - Dec 16 with 1561 viewsMuncher

We didn’t need to win the game to prove we are better than them, being 21 points ahead of them proves we are better than then.
This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 19:07 - Dec 16 with 1481 viewsMK1

I think Leeds drawing has helped. I thought we would win, but derbies are unpredictable at the best of times, so as long as we don't lose either against them, then I will be fine with that.
Never really cared about them if I am totally honest. Don't see them as a rival, just our closest game.
This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 19:08 - Dec 16 with 1476 viewsNutkins_Return

For me it was the evidence of just being so much better than them in every department which took the edge off the result. We've left them behind and we're not stopping there.
This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 19:25 - Dec 16 with 1401 viewspatrickswell

This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 18:42 - Dec 16 by Swansea_Blue

Their celebrations rub it in for me. They knew we were better, we knew we were better. Two points dropped, balls!

The thing is, their celebrations are comparable to the ones we had after the draws in the 2010s. Happy to have them, but knowing deep down that we were holding up a turd and trying to convince ourselves that it was a chocolate roll.

No win in 13 derbies and we’re 10 points clear of 3rd place.
Unbeaten in 13 derbies and they’re 4 points off the top 6.

I know which I’d rather be.
This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 19:49 - Dec 16 with 1303 viewsRyorry

This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 16:46 - Dec 16 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Bigger things at play now. Not going to pretend it doesn’t sting more not to get the win because it’s them and we are way better but a huge week up coming.

Years gone by this was the biggest game of the season because we weren’t in contention for anything.

Exactly. We have bigger fish to fry, so the derby feels a bit less important.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024