Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. 16:34 - Dec 16 with 2815 viewsNthQldITFC

I get the feeling that generally the board is not too bothered about not winning today. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have won this game than the Middlesbrough game or the Watford game - swapped the results round if you like. I think I understand why many of us seem to feel like this.

After however many years it is since beating Norwich, after being a division below them for four years, I would have thought that I would be hurting after us 'blowing a golden opportunity' to put the natural order straight again.

I can't quite believe I'm saying all this, but I think it's because we've just flown straight past them and they've suddenly become a bit of an irrelevance. We are, and we were today, demonstrably so much better than they are, and our two clubs are going in completely different directions.

It might be that age has mellowed, or it might be that I look forward to beating them at their place in April and clinching promotion then, it certainly isn't that I love Ipswich Town any the less than I used to, but for me today was just a slight disappointment before two really important games coming up.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. on 20:21 - Dec 16 with 185 viewstractordownsouth

Frustrating that we didn't win but it's all about Leeds next week.

For all of the talk of it being our cup final, we'll still have something to play for in May, so today won't rank in our top five most important games of the season. By contrast, a 2-2 draw is probably going to be the highlight of their year.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024