Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group 09:22 - Nov 14 with 15671 viewsunbelievablue

Should he have?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 09:24 - Nov 14 with 6524 viewsBlueBadger

Congratulations on your forthcoming ten-pager and commiserations for its forthcoming deletion.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2023 9:24]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 09:25 - Nov 14 with 6483 viewsElderGrizzly

Parts of the Labour party are still trying to push/nudge Starmer to back a line no other world leader appears to be taking too.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/nov/14/starmer-under-pressure-to-back-

And to answer your question, yes Hamas is a terror group. It's not even an argument. They fit every global definition of a terror group. Walk like a duck, sounds like a duck etc
[Post edited 14 Nov 2023 9:26]
Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 09:28 - Nov 14 with 6433 viewsunbelievablue

Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 09:25 - Nov 14 by ElderGrizzly

Parts of the Labour party are still trying to push/nudge Starmer to back a line no other world leader appears to be taking too.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/nov/14/starmer-under-pressure-to-back-

And to answer your question, yes Hamas is a terror group. It's not even an argument. They fit every global definition of a terror group. Walk like a duck, sounds like a duck etc
[Post edited 14 Nov 2023 9:26]

Just to clarify, my question was whether Corbyn should call them a terror group.

Not whether I think they are. Which I do.

Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 09:28 - Nov 14 with 6433 viewsDanTheMan

Yes.

McCluskey didn't seem to have any issues with doing so.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 09:29 - Nov 14 with 6425 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

“The right wing press assassinated him”

…nope they handed him a gun, and he shot himself in the head.
Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 09:29 - Nov 14 with 6415 viewslowhouseblue

i think his preferred term is 'friends'.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2023 9:34]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 09:30 - Nov 14 with 6392 viewsElderGrizzly

Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 09:28 - Nov 14 by unbelievablue

Just to clarify, my question was whether Corbyn should call them a terror group.

Not whether I think they are. Which I do.

Sorry, yes Corbyn should unless he knows something the rest of the world doesn't
Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 09:32 - Nov 14 with 6364 viewsbluelagos

Yep.

Can't see what he's thinking to be honest. Sending a load of armed guys to murder civilians is a long long way from a justified act of resistance.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 09:34 - Nov 14 with 6328 viewsJakeITFC

Obviously he should, but can kind of understand his reluctance to go down whichever stupid shouting match alley that Morgan wanted to take him down.
Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 09:40 - Nov 14 with 6262 viewsBloomBlue

Yes he should, but its the same old Jeremy 'racist to the core' Corbyn.
He is loving this opportunity to defend Hamas

His hatred of the Jewish population will never change.
Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 09:42 - Nov 14 with 6242 viewsGlasgowBlue

I counted 11 times he was asked and declined to answer. He also lied regarding the context of calling them friends.

We already know he doesn't consider them to be terrorists.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 09:43 - Nov 14 with 6225 viewsgiant_stow

Couldn't agree more with the tweeter.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 09:45 - Nov 14 with 6182 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 09:40 - Nov 14 by BloomBlue

Yes he should, but its the same old Jeremy 'racist to the core' Corbyn.
He is loving this opportunity to defend Hamas

His hatred of the Jewish population will never change.

I’m not sure why you would think someone who told members of a minority group they “don’t understand English irony” is a racist…
Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 09:47 - Nov 14 with 6159 viewsGuthrum

Yes. However, Corbyn is now an irrelevance* and Morgan just playing for "uppies".

* Even if one supported his policy aims, the man himself is a busted flush.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 09:54 - Nov 14 with 6078 viewsunbelievablue

Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 09:34 - Nov 14 by JakeITFC

Obviously he should, but can kind of understand his reluctance to go down whichever stupid shouting match alley that Morgan wanted to take him down.

Par for the course if you go on that show, seems completely pointless doing so.

Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 10:24 - Nov 14 with 5893 viewsford6600

As with all politicians left or right, speaking plainly
and truthfully seems impossible. Corbyn knows if he
calls Hamas terrorists he will be vilified by his
supporters and lose credibility. Sir Keir who seems
to be a man frightened by his own shadow always
weighs up his answers to cause least damage to his
poll ratings. If all our MP's were replaced by a cross
section of the public at the next election, common
sense decisions on every subject would break out..
Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 10:25 - Nov 14 with 5881 viewsWeWereZombies

Not sure whether you should have added this to Noggin's thread, Phil did request that we keep the Israel Defence Force/Hamas war to a single thread in the manner of EireannachGorm's Ukraine one. Anyway, on the subject of the criminality and futility of attacking civilians I found this somewhat heartbreaking, Morgan would have been better served for asking a comment from Corbyn on this rather than travelling over such well trodden ground:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/11/14/canadian-peace-activist-confirmed-dead

Edit: Corrected for typo
[Post edited 14 Nov 2023 10:27]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 10:27 - Nov 14 with 5846 viewsunbelievablue

Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 10:25 - Nov 14 by WeWereZombies

Not sure whether you should have added this to Noggin's thread, Phil did request that we keep the Israel Defence Force/Hamas war to a single thread in the manner of EireannachGorm's Ukraine one. Anyway, on the subject of the criminality and futility of attacking civilians I found this somewhat heartbreaking, Morgan would have been better served for asking a comment from Corbyn on this rather than travelling over such well trodden ground:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/11/14/canadian-peace-activist-confirmed-dead

Edit: Corrected for typo
[Post edited 14 Nov 2023 10:27]

Sorry - been away for a while. Happy for it to be slashed.

Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 10:31 - Nov 14 with 5804 viewsWeWereZombies

Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 10:27 - Nov 14 by unbelievablue

No worries, wasn't looking for the thread to be removed. More of a reminder to others to try and keep the proliferation of threads down (there are others who have not been away who have started threads about the marches on Saturday for example.) Let's hope that any discussion on this thread remains cordial and develops meaningfully.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 10:32 - Nov 14 with 5793 viewsnoggin

Yes he should.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 10:33 - Nov 14 with 5797 viewsDarth_Koont

Him and the BBC.

Hamas isn’t like ISIS. It’s more like IRA/Sinn Fein with a terrorist militant wing but also a nominally political/ quasi-governmental role.

You can certainly condemn Hamas for its terrorism (and we all should) but the idea that they are nothing more than a death cult is a bit silly.

Pronouns: He/Him

Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 10:34 - Nov 14 with 5759 viewsLankHenners

Bit of a stupid decision from him to go on there in the first place really. Surely he knew all Morgan would do would be to try and trip him up and get an argument out of it so he could crow about what a great interviewer he is.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 10:38 - Nov 14 with 5687 viewsbluelagos

Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 10:27 - Nov 14 by unbelievablue

Next you'll be claiming you've been up mountains in the Lakes or something.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 10:42 - Nov 14 with 5637 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 09:45 - Nov 14 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I’m not sure why you would think someone who told members of a minority group they “don’t understand English irony” is a racist…

And yet so clearly not antisemitic in intent, just in manufactured outrage.

For those hard of thinking or actually reading about this incident, it’s a reference to a Palestinian’s use of English and how unfavourably that reflected on two specific hard-right racists and pro-Israel supporters who disrupted the meeting. Not against “British Jews” as certain disingenuous posters like to pretend.

Surprise, surprise there was no actual antisemitism complaint made or if there was then it was thrown out. That’s in Starmer’s supposed zero tolerance Labour Party. Or are people saying he and Labour are still not taking antisemitism seriously enough?

Pronouns: He/Him

Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 10:46 - Nov 14 with 5581 viewsunbelievablue

Corbyn refuses to call Hamas a terror group on 10:33 - Nov 14 by Darth_Koont

Him and the BBC.

Hamas isn’t like ISIS. It’s more like IRA/Sinn Fein with a terrorist militant wing but also a nominally political/ quasi-governmental role.

You can certainly condemn Hamas for its terrorism (and we all should) but the idea that they are nothing more than a death cult is a bit silly.

Any group with an active terror wing probably deserves the overall moniker mate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024