Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this the worst government in living memory. 07:44 - Nov 12 with 3448 viewsMercian

I was only a baby during the later days of the dark 70s and only remember the later days of the Thatcher reign with any understanding. The governments I do remember well do not even come close to this bunch of *****. Do any older folk here remember anything worse?
Is this the worst government in living memory. on 08:24 - Nov 12 with 2498 viewsEddyJ

Depends whether you class it as a different government.

Truss was a particular low point. Possibly the worst government we have ever had. Thankfully, it was short-lived.
Is this the worst government in living memory. on 09:15 - Nov 12 with 2429 viewsmatteoblue

They just get worse every time. They have no guiding principles and are simply manipulated by the fashionable forces around them.

We are Premier League, say we are Premier League!

Is this the worst government in living memory. on 09:18 - Nov 12 with 2415 viewsDJR

It was politer, but in my view the greatest damage to public services took place under the coalition government.
Is this the worst government in living memory. on 09:38 - Nov 12 with 2334 viewsBlueBadger

Is this the worst government in living memory. on 08:24 - Nov 12 by EddyJ

Truss was a particular low point. Possibly the worst government we have ever had. Thankfully, it was short-lived.

In football terms, Cameron was Paul Jewell, Johnson was Roy Keane, Truss was Hurst and the current shower are Lambert. Albeit without Lambert's baffling and undeserved initial popularity.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2023 9:39]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is this the worst government in living memory. on 11:53 - Nov 12 with 2225 viewsfactual_blue

truss and boris were equally bad.

The whole bunch are really the moral dregs of society.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Is this the worst government in living memory. on 13:13 - Nov 12 with 2161 viewspointofblue

Is this the worst government in living memory. on 09:38 - Nov 12 by BlueBadger

In football terms, Cameron was Paul Jewell, Johnson was Roy Keane, Truss was Hurst and the current shower are Lambert. Albeit without Lambert's baffling and undeserved initial popularity.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2023 9:39]

Does this mean we've still got the equivalent of Cook to come - well intentioned but out of his depth?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Is this the worst government in living memory. on 13:16 - Nov 12 with 2147 viewsorfordbuoy

Has any government ever, anywhere been any good?

Compared to most places things aren't so bad.
Is this the worst government in living memory. on 13:43 - Nov 12 with 2112 viewsHerbivore

I think the succession of Johnson, Truss, and Sunak have been equally dreadful which is unsurprising as it's been the same people floating around in positions of influence. It's hard to think of anything any of them have done that will make the country better in the medium to long term. They've spent the last 4 years in-fighting,.enriching their mates, and deliberately stoking division. The short answer is that yes, they are the worst government in living memory.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Is this the worst government in living memory. on 13:54 - Nov 12 with 2077 viewsHerbivore

Is this the worst government in living memory. on 13:43 - Nov 12 by Herbivore

I think the succession of Johnson, Truss, and Sunak have been equally dreadful which is unsurprising as it's been the same people floating around in positions of influence. It's hard to think of anything any of them have done that will make the country better in the medium to long term. They've spent the last 4 years in-fighting,.enriching their mates, and deliberately stoking division. The short answer is that yes, they are the worst government in living memory.

The absolute state of the individual down voting this.

Is this the worst government in living memory. on 14:00 - Nov 12 with 2069 viewsorfordbuoy

Is this the worst government in living memory. on 13:54 - Nov 12 by Herbivore

The absolute state of the individual down voting this.

could say the same.

Take a break son
Is this the worst government in living memory. on 14:05 - Nov 12 with 2051 viewsOldFart71

Even in the dark days of the 70's there were some shafts of light. I was working in a warehouse at the time and due to no electricity supply we were only able to work until early afternoon. Town had put on a match in the afternoon midweek so I went and watched a game. As for the current lot, well the less said the better. During their reign they have had Cameron, May, Boris, Truss and now Sunak. Each will under current rules be entitled to an allowance as an ex PM over £115,000 per year. Not that previous encumbants such as teflon Tony haven't made the most of their tenure. They all end up in very good jobs no matter what they achieve, or rather don't achieve except to take more money from our pockets to sort out their mistakes.
Is this the worst government in living memory. on 14:09 - Nov 12 with 2041 viewsRimsy

Doesn't matter who's in. They all start well intentioned then grind the country down. As soon as as they're in for a couple of terms they run out of ideas. It will be no different when Labour get in again, you'll have the initial bounce then all downhill. People soon forget what a mess previous governments make. When the Tories last came in, there was no money, Labour had literally bankrupt the country. They're all in it for themselves.

BlueBlood

Is this the worst government in living memory. on 14:42 - Nov 12 with 1989 viewsWhos_blue

Is this the worst government in living memory. on 09:18 - Nov 12 by DJR

It was politer, but in my view the greatest damage to public services took place under the coalition government.

Agreed.

This where the rot started.

The LibDems will forever rue the day they enabled Cameron's government.

Brexit soon followed which ultimately led to the charlatan that is Johnson occupying number 10.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Is this the worst government in living memory. on 16:13 - Nov 12 with 1923 viewsElephantintheRoom

Yes - and you might too. Boris Johnson’s government - and Liz Truss’s

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Is this the worst government in living memory. on 16:17 - Nov 12 with 1902 viewsericclacton

yes
Is this the worst government in living memory. on 16:55 - Nov 12 with 1857 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is this the worst government in living memory. on 08:24 - Nov 12 by EddyJ

For me the Truss and Johnson ministries were equally bad for different reasons. Sunak’s isn’t quite as bad, but it’s not far off and he’s a ridiculous PM. He’s completely lacking in moral fortitude and doesn’t have an ounce of the gravitas, presence or competency needed for leadership of a fast food takeaway, never mind a country.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is this the worst government in living memory. on 19:57 - Nov 12 with 1765 viewsbluebudgie

Is this the worst government in living memory. on 14:00 - Nov 12 by orfordbuoy

could say the same.

Take a break son

Careful this lot of left-wingers on here want free speech as long as they don't have a different opinion to their own!
Is this the worst government in living memory. on 20:03 - Nov 12 with 1755 viewsHerbivore

Is this the worst government in living memory. on 19:57 - Nov 12 by bluebudgie

Careful this lot of left-wingers on here want free speech as long as they don't have a different opinion to their own!

You're free to spout whatever nonsense you so choose, people don't have to agree with it. What's your take on the current government, mate?

Is this the worst government in living memory. on 20:05 - Nov 12 with 1748 viewsnoggin

Is this the worst government in living memory. on 19:57 - Nov 12 by bluebudgie

rOOl bRiTanJA!

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Is this the worst government in living memory. on 20:12 - Nov 12 with 1731 viewsbluebudgie

Is this the worst government in living memory. on 20:03 - Nov 12 by Herbivore

You're free to spout whatever nonsense you so choose, people don't have to agree with it. What's your take on the current government, mate?

First I'm not your mate and wouldn't want to be with the crap you come out with on here. My view of the present government is that it is very poor and I'd be shocked if it got in again. My view of Labour isn't much better I just have a very big disrespect for politicians in general.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2023 20:13]
Is this the worst government in living memory. on 20:14 - Nov 12 with 1718 viewswkj

Is this the worst government in living memory. on 20:12 - Nov 12 by bluebudgie

First I'm not your mate and wouldn't want to be with the crap you come out with on here. My view of the present government is that it is very poor and I'd be shocked if it got in again. My view of Labour isn't much better I just have a very big disrespect for politicians in general.

So, is it fair to assume based of your comment that people don't have to be left or right wing to be dissatisfied with the current government?

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Is this the worst government in living memory. on 20:14 - Nov 12 with 1716 viewsnoggin

"I just have a very big disrespect for politicians in general."

Ah, the old 'they're all the same' line.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2023 20:16]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Is this the worst government in living memory. on 20:16 - Nov 12 with 1701 viewsHerbivore

How very rude. No need to be so salty, mate. You'll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Is this the worst government in living memory. on 20:16 - Nov 12 with 1691 viewswkj

Is this the worst government in living memory. on 20:16 - Nov 12 by Herbivore

How very rude. No need to be so salty, mate. You'll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Ill have you know that my flies catch much more than both of those things

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Is this the worst government in living memory. on 20:21 - Nov 12 with 1657 viewsNthQldITFC

In the immortal words of Brian Clough, it may not be, but it's certainly in the top one.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024