Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taylor 19:43 - Nov 11 with 3415 viewsDaninthecampo

Mass has been so instrumental getting us out of league 1 and this seasons great start But Taylor was always bought to improve our midfield.
After today's performance and goal and his other recent performances, is he the new starter besides Sam?
Having a real goal threat from midfield is so important
[Post edited 11 Nov 2023 19:48]
Taylor on 19:46 - Nov 11 with 3336 viewsgtsb1966

I was thinking why did we buy him and not play him. Obviously KM and his team knew why and have been working with him. Going to be a big player for us.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2023 19:47]
Taylor on 19:49 - Nov 11 with 3303 viewsUSA

Goals like todays will be very welcome but let’s not write Mass out of the starting 11 just yet. We will need them both. Taylor was excellent today though.
Taylor on 19:51 - Nov 11 with 3265 viewsbilllm

Taylor on 19:46 - Nov 11 by gtsb1966

I was thinking why did we buy him and not play him. Obviously KM and his team knew why and have been working with him. Going to be a big player for us.

He's a class act watch this space
Taylor on 19:52 - Nov 11 with 3245 viewsSwansea_Blue

I was going to say he doesn’t do tap-ins does he? But of course he does, even off the back of his heel when he doesn’t realise.

He’s the new Matty Holland innit.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Taylor on 19:54 - Nov 11 with 3221 viewswkj

We're clearly a team with more than 11 parts. This is not often as prominent outside of the Premier League, but KMC has built a very tight and efficient selection of players with a couple who could be regular starters.

I don't think Taylor should replace Luongo as the default starter - but to rotate him and Taylor in and out makes sense. They are two very different midfielders who offer strengths in different ways where as Morsy is more of an all-rounder.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Taylor on 19:55 - Nov 11 with 3204 viewsCopfordBlue

They play in the same position but are very different players, bringing different qualities. Morsy and Luongo are quite similar in style but for all Taylor’s quality (he was excellent today 8.5/9 out of 10 performance) at the moment I think we look more cohesive with Morsy and Luongo together. Morsy is class but it’s Luongo’s contribution that helps him shine.

Asia Cup in January means Taylor should be on for a good run of games and when Massimo returns it will be interesting to see who are best central midfield pairing are.

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

Taylor on 19:56 - Nov 11 with 3170 viewsFromReuserWithLove

We've had the Macedonian Gerrard but he could be our London Irish Gerrard!
Taylor on 19:59 - Nov 11 with 3132 viewsKropotkin123

Taylor on 19:46 - Nov 11 by gtsb1966

I think learning our system before starting was important, particularly receiving from the defenders and operating in tight spaces.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Login to get fewer ads

Taylor on 20:13 - Nov 11 with 2942 viewshomer_123

It's trade offs. Taylor is more attacking than Mass but defensively Mass offers more.

I think we'll see KM use both strategically this season.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Taylor on 21:33 - Nov 11 with 2496 viewsJackNorthStand

He was bought as another option to challenge and also a player with a lot of room to improve, have more mileage on him and resale value…

Your post reads as if Luongo isn’t good enough for the championship when it’s widely regarding Luongo and Morsy are the best pairing in the league.
Taylor on 21:41 - Nov 11 with 2428 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't think we need to worry about starters and reserves. McKenna clearly doesn't see it like that.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Taylor on 21:48 - Nov 11 with 2367 viewsNthQldITFC

Taylor on 19:49 - Nov 11 by USA

Goals like todays will be very welcome but let’s not write Mass out of the starting 11 just yet. We will need them both. Taylor was excellent today though.

Luongo's the only other player we've got who's more or less capable of doing the Morsy role if SuperSamy is out for any reason. Now Taylor has settled in and relaxed into his role a bit (I think he had been trying perhaps a bit too hard at times, primarily because the Morsy/Luongo partnership has been so good) I would be very comfortable with a Luongo (deeper, receiving ball from Hladky) and Taylor (advanced) combination in Morsy's absence.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Taylor on 21:51 - Nov 11 with 2353 viewsBloomBlue

I think the important thing is Taylor is now up to speed with our style and that's critical for the rest of the season to give KM options.

One think I will stay is when Taylor passes a ball it initially looks like he's smashed it, and it's bound to be over hit, but invariably it's perfect weighted. He played a pass in that first half to set Chaplin free and when he first hit it I was convinced it was going to land on platform 3 at the railway station, but no, it was perfect weighted.
Taylor on 22:04 - Nov 11 with 2239 viewsDaninthecampo

Taylor on 21:33 - Nov 11 by JackNorthStand

He was bought as another option to challenge and also a player with a lot of room to improve, have more mileage on him and resale value…

Your post reads as if Luongo isn’t good enough for the championship when it’s widely regarding Luongo and Morsy are the best pairing in the league.

Not at all, I think luongo has been brilliant and can easily perform in the championship, I just think under Mck, Taylor will go beyond him, I'm just wondering when
Taylor on 22:19 - Nov 11 with 2127 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Taylor on 19:52 - Nov 11 by Swansea_Blue

I was going to say he doesn’t do tap-ins does he? But of course he does, even off the back of his heel when he doesn’t realise.

He’s the new Matty Holland innit.

Given his ability to absolutely tvvat the ball, I would say the new Paul Mason is a better fit.

But both got us promoted from the second tier, so I'm not going to quibble!
Taylor on 23:26 - Nov 11 with 1813 viewsthe_toff

We didn’t pay 1.5 million for him to sit on the bench long term. I always felt there would come a time when the baton passed over to him and maybe we’re now at that point. When you consider their ages and that he possibly gives better balance alongside Morsy it could be a nice partnership. I’m sure Luongo will still have a roll to play but it wouldn’t surprise me to see Taylor starting more now.
Taylor on 12:07 - Nov 12 with 1341 viewsBlueStreak

Taylor on 23:26 - Nov 11 by the_toff

We didn’t pay 1.5 million for him to sit on the bench long term. I always felt there would come a time when the baton passed over to him and maybe we’re now at that point. When you consider their ages and that he possibly gives better balance alongside Morsy it could be a nice partnership. I’m sure Luongo will still have a roll to play but it wouldn’t surprise me to see Taylor starting more now.

Let’s not be too dramatic here. Mass has been a stand out player for us for almost a year now. His contribution was absolutely key since January and helped us get back on track in 2023.

Mass has also been excellent this season. He is quality. He will be rotated a lot more especially in December and over the busy Christmas period but when it comes to the crunch, you want Mass and Sam together. Mass slips into that left back role so well when Davis goes forward.

Appreciate Taylor is more of a goal threat but I’d say that is the least of our issues at the moment. Finding a way to be rock solid again should be the priority.

Fantastic position to be in though.
Taylor on 12:56 - Nov 12 with 1242 viewsSenatorBlue

Taylor was perfect for the way Swansea set up, with a high 4 pressing there was acres of space just behind this, and we found Taylor every time where his first move was always to turn and attack the space. Especially effective first half during the period we ran riot and should have had at least 4. Taylor had a great game.
Taylor on 13:10 - Nov 12 with 1226 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Mass will still have a big role to play, especially when we’re fighting for points towards the end of games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024