Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's going to be really handy if Jack Taylor can.. 00:11 - Nov 12 with 1766 viewsnorfsufblue

ping a few in like that every other week. He seems to know the value of a good technique and getting the ball at least on target.... we could be witnesses to a changing of the guard in that central midfield position in my opinion!
It's going to be really handy if Jack Taylor can.. on 00:43 - Nov 12 with 1687 viewsVegtablue

It was a huge performance for him and so important for us. We can be confident Luongo (and Burgess) will be away for much of January and I wasn't sure we'd cope well a month ago; even an early Jan reinforcement would take time to get up to speed. Three quality CMs were desperately needed and we now have that. I still think we need four to make the distance, with the fourth not being in the squad presently, but Taylor stepping up as he has makes us a great deal stronger for the crazy period after the break.

I expect they'll share the position going forwards and will likely line up together for consecutive matches in December, given there are 9 matches before the new year and Morsy is 3 yellows away from his mini-break. We can now manage Mass's workload better too; he's looked tired at times lately.
It's going to be really handy if Jack Taylor can.. on 08:57 - Nov 12 with 1350 viewsMK1

It was only a matter of time before he showed us the level of performance he use to put in for Posh. Once he knew the system and what was expected of him, he was always going to come good. Quality player who will be vital for us this season.
It's going to be really handy if Jack Taylor can.. on 09:04 - Nov 12 with 1320 viewsbilllm

It's going to be really handy if Jack Taylor can.. on 08:57 - Nov 12 by MK1

It was only a matter of time before he showed us the level of performance he use to put in for Posh. Once he knew the system and what was expected of him, he was always going to come good. Quality player who will be vital for us this season.

Good post, I've always thought he's a very good player now we're seeing this,I think he's taken his time to evolve in this team as he mentioned he couldn't Believe the difference in training intensity between town and posh, fitter now and showing what a player we have got,
It's going to be really handy if Jack Taylor can.. on 09:11 - Nov 12 with 1293 viewscbower

Alongside the obvious impact of goals, it adds a different dimension for opponents to think about. Both Mass and Morsy have chipped in with goals, sometimes from range but 90% of the time from that distance, they will recycle the ball. If Taylor shoots more frequently, opposition will have to come out to close him down quicker as a matter of course which will open up more space for others in and around the box. It's all good.

bluescouser

It's going to be really handy if Jack Taylor can.. on 10:11 - Nov 12 with 1141 viewsstrikalite

It's going to be really handy if Jack Taylor can.. on 09:11 - Nov 12 by cbower

Alongside the obvious impact of goals, it adds a different dimension for opponents to think about. Both Mass and Morsy have chipped in with goals, sometimes from range but 90% of the time from that distance, they will recycle the ball. If Taylor shoots more frequently, opposition will have to come out to close him down quicker as a matter of course which will open up more space for others in and around the box. It's all good.

For a while we've lacked a midfielder who can shoot from outside the box, nice to see him getting in those positions, still think he's better as a ten but it looks like he's been given that freedom to take up that position and yesterday you could see his confidence grow within the game, such a good player, can score out of nothing, watched him down LR a few times and always trying to get into pockets of space for a shooting chance..
It's going to be really handy if Jack Taylor can.. on 10:59 - Nov 12 with 1094 viewsBloomBlue

And a team player. How many players would run to the fans in a huge celebration after scoring that cracking goal, or immediately head back to the halfway line to get going again? After all it's not like we had just got a goal back and we're into the final 5 mins.
I think he instantly realised it was going to put pressure on Swansea and running to the corner to celebrate would give S'sea time to chat/regroup and he wanted to keep the pressure on.

Another part of his game yesterday was his tackling. He often broke up a Swansea attack with a well timed tackle.
It's going to be really handy if Jack Taylor can.. on 11:02 - Nov 12 with 1078 viewsHerbivore

It was a fantastic hit, a really brilliant goal. I thought his all round performance yesterday was excellent, he's really getting to grips with how we play now.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

It's going to be really handy if Jack Taylor can.. on 11:23 - Nov 12 with 1043 views_clive_baker_

He was quality yesterday. Luongo's contribution since he joined has been remarkable really, he transformed us when he came into the side last season, but I've always felt Taylor was signed with a view to him taking over in there. Credit to Luongo for keeping him at arms length thus far really, that's testament to his performances, but Taylor does tick a lot of boxes. He's a bit of a throwback box to box midfielder, has a good 'engine', can do a bit of everything, good in the tackle, good range of passing, hammer of a right foot, and technically really good. 10 years in Chelsea's academy has clearly schooled him well and he's definitely at the right age to be considered as part of the Morsy / Luongo succession plan. Maybe that's the first piece of the transition. If he keeps playing like he did yesterday he'll be very hard to leave out.

Keep this up and he might be the next Town player to get international recognition.
Login to get fewer ads

It's going to be really handy if Jack Taylor can.. on 12:56 - Nov 12 with 961 viewsHerbivore

It's going to be really handy if Jack Taylor can.. on 11:23 - Nov 12 by _clive_baker_

He was quality yesterday. Luongo's contribution since he joined has been remarkable really, he transformed us when he came into the side last season, but I've always felt Taylor was signed with a view to him taking over in there. Credit to Luongo for keeping him at arms length thus far really, that's testament to his performances, but Taylor does tick a lot of boxes. He's a bit of a throwback box to box midfielder, has a good 'engine', can do a bit of everything, good in the tackle, good range of passing, hammer of a right foot, and technically really good. 10 years in Chelsea's academy has clearly schooled him well and he's definitely at the right age to be considered as part of the Morsy / Luongo succession plan. Maybe that's the first piece of the transition. If he keeps playing like he did yesterday he'll be very hard to leave out.

Keep this up and he might be the next Town player to get international recognition.

His performance yesterday means we now know we can leave Luongo out and it not negatively impact on how effective we are. Since he joined we've not really been able to have the luxury of rotating him out because all of the replacement options can't quite offer what he offers. Taylor yesterday was able to really grab his chance to show what he can do and I thought he was superb. Took the ball in tight areas, used it well, got up and down the pitch, broke play up nicely. As you say, a real all round midfield performance. And I'm still rigid from that goal, such a great strike.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

It's going to be really handy if Jack Taylor can.. on 13:42 - Nov 12 with 858 viewstextbackup

As much as we all adore Mass, to have a player that can pop one of those in when needing to get a goal is such a handy weapon!

In that same position Mass will undoubtedly pass the ball, and keep possession, obviously not a bad thing, but a goal is better

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024