Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Duff 19:35 - Nov 11 with 5439 viewsBlueNomad

According to the BBC he seems to think they were the better side.

We should have scored 4 or 5 in the first half
Michael Duff on 19:36 - Nov 11 with 4343 viewsSarge

For the first 15 mins he’s right. After that I don’t know what game he was watching
Michael Duff on 19:37 - Nov 11 with 4296 viewsStewart27

We’ve absolutely wiped the floor with this fraud every time we’ve played him.

Better side - wow.

We should have been 5-1 up at half time against 12 men. Why can’t he show an ounce of humility? I’d be furious if I was a Swansea fan thinking our manager thought we were the better team.
Michael Duff on 19:38 - Nov 11 with 4280 viewsStewart27

Michael Duff on 19:36 - Nov 11 by Sarge

For the first 15 mins he’s right. After that I don’t know what game he was watching

Even then they went 1-0 up to a goal leading from a complete non-foul.
Michael Duff on 19:38 - Nov 11 with 4279 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Didn't they also have the better of it in injury time? So basically fell asleep for about 75 minutes by the sound of it. Really, who cares what he thinks? We got the points and should have won by more. Somethings for McKenna to work on and every confidence he will.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Michael Duff on 19:40 - Nov 11 with 4228 viewsFrimleyBlue

Tbh felt his pre game interview was full of back handed compliments to town and KM.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Michael Duff on 19:41 - Nov 11 with 4239 viewsgtsb1966

Michael Duff on 19:43 - Nov 11 with 4193 viewsSwansea_Blue

He’s not settled very well down here, it must be said. There’s all sorts of views about him, but a lot are negative. You also hear words like ‘arrogant’ and ‘clueless’ bandied around. And that from their own fans. In-ground fans haven’t turned, but there’s a lot of criticism and some hostility on their forums. I can’t see him lasting long - he’s a bad fit for the club and players.

He’s doing a bit of a Paul Hurst: a near complete rebuild, replacing with weaker players, abandoning their footballing style and being a bit arsey in interviews.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Michael Duff on 19:46 - Nov 11 with 4153 viewsbilllm

Is he for real
Login to get fewer ads

Michael Duff on 19:48 - Nov 11 with 4110 viewsDarkHorse

Little wonder they are where they are then if he thought they were the better side.
Michael Duff on 19:53 - Nov 11 with 4009 viewsgtsb1966

Michael Duff on 19:48 - Nov 11 by DarkHorse

Little wonder they are where they are then if he thought they were the better side.

He said that up until they scored....on 7 minutes.
Michael Duff on 20:24 - Nov 11 with 3778 viewsChurchman

Agree. First 15 mins he had a point. After that Swansea could have gone in 5-1 down by HT. Three one on ones, goalie making good saves, forwards making wrong choices and a Lino/Ref combo determined to prevent Ipswich breaking Swansea’s press by the bringing in that false old favoured offside rule:- it’s offside when the ball is received not played.

Add in the Swansea player that should have had a red card, not a yellow in the first half and Duff should wind his neck in.

I thought Swansea were a handful. So we’re we.
Michael Duff on 20:25 - Nov 11 with 3739 viewsFrimleyBlue

Tbf. They had more shots..

Oh maybe not

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Michael Duff on 21:09 - Nov 11 with 3448 viewsle2blue

Duff had a massive rant at Kieran during the second half when their player claimed a foul on the touchline and again when their man got sent off, and then got booked. He was being a bit of a knob towards the Ipswich bench through the game. lacks class I'd say.
Michael Duff on 21:11 - Nov 11 with 3434 viewsbenrhyddingblue

Just home and if he said that then he’s a clueless idiot who will soon be out of a job. He’s lucky we did score five or six - a bit like the last time one of his teams played us.

They scored from a free kick that was given for a clean tackle, score another thanks to great individual play - but in between I thought they were one of worst teams we’ve played this season. They let Whittaker go for that set of players - unbelievable!
Michael Duff on 21:28 - Nov 11 with 3328 viewsDavoIPB

Michael Duff on 19:46 - Nov 11 by billlm

Is he for real

Not once did he say they were the better side throughout the game. He said up to the first goal. Have to agree with everything he said. It was a fair assesment.
Michael Duff on 21:36 - Nov 11 with 3275 viewsDubtractor

Michael Duff on 21:28 - Nov 11 by DavoIPB

Not once did he say they were the better side throughout the game. He said up to the first goal. Have to agree with everything he said. It was a fair assesment.

Agree with some of his comments, but implying that the only difference was set pieces is a somewhat generous interpretation of the game!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Michael Duff on 21:42 - Nov 11 with 3235 viewsNthQldITFC

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Michael Duff on 21:48 - Nov 11 with 3165 viewsITFCBlues

Michael Duff on 19:43 - Nov 11 by Swansea_Blue

He’s not settled very well down here, it must be said. There’s all sorts of views about him, but a lot are negative. You also hear words like ‘arrogant’ and ‘clueless’ bandied around. And that from their own fans. In-ground fans haven’t turned, but there’s a lot of criticism and some hostility on their forums. I can’t see him lasting long - he’s a bad fit for the club and players.

He’s doing a bit of a Paul Hurst: a near complete rebuild, replacing with weaker players, abandoning their footballing style and being a bit arsey in interviews.

There's context to this though. Best players constantly sold and replaced with lesser value players.

Think they've cut their budgets drastically over the last few years.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Michael Duff on 22:12 - Nov 11 with 3070 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Maybe he should concentrate on persuading his one exceptional player to play for 90 minutes, rather than a cameo at the beginning and a highlights reel at the end.
Michael Duff on 22:17 - Nov 11 with 3039 viewsNRJ

Listened to BBC Wales report on way back even they thought we dominated. Nice to get one over him at PR for once
Michael Duff on 23:29 - Nov 11 with 2833 viewsheavyweight

Recollections may vary !

According to official stats, possession was 37/63 and accurate passes 274/499 both in favour of Swansea.. That's not the match I thought I watched - maybe I have blue tinted specs.
Michael Duff on 23:36 - Nov 11 with 2797 viewstractor_lady

We dominated the game until we went 1-0, that was 6 mins into the game!!! What a strange interview
Michael Duff on 23:43 - Nov 11 with 2778 viewsSwansea_Blue

Michael Duff on 21:48 - Nov 11 by ITFCBlues

There's context to this though. Best players constantly sold and replaced with lesser value players.

Think they've cut their budgets drastically over the last few years.

Absolutely. Last year especially they’d really run the squad down, so an injection of numbers was desperately needed.

The trouble is they still had a core group who were comfortable on the ball and Duff doesn’t suit them. The players he’s bought in don’t seem to be taking to his methods too well either. I think he was a bad fit, but yes he and all managers since they came down have had to contend with austerity and an ever weakening squad (they’re going on the same journey we had under Evans - the real issue is the owners).
[Post edited 12 Nov 2023 0:11]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Michael Duff on 00:08 - Nov 12 with 2707 viewsStokieBlue

Quality player on CM0102.

That will forever be the pinnacle achievement of his career.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Michael Duff on 00:20 - Nov 12 with 2667 viewsBramidan

Michael Duff on 00:08 - Nov 12 by StokieBlue

Quality player on CM0102.

That will forever be the pinnacle achievement of his career.

SB

I watched the game curtesy of Swans TV.
Their commentator and pundit, a former Swansea player who had played at Portman road were very complimentary about the town. They actually said they were being pummelled.
They complimented us on our play and said when we attacked we attacked with intent whereas Swansea really had no intent.
Their manager would do well to watch the game on The Swans channel and listen to the views of their own commentators.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024