Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Duff 19:35 - Nov 11 with 5578 viewsBlueNomad

According to the BBC he seems to think they were the better side.

We should have scored 4 or 5 in the first half
Michael Duff on 01:16 - Nov 12 with 1097 viewsVegtablue

Michael Duff on 23:29 - Nov 11 by heavyweight

Recollections may vary !

According to official stats, possession was 37/63 and accurate passes 274/499 both in favour of Swansea.. That's not the match I thought I watched - maybe I have blue tinted specs.

You definitely don't!

Duff is living up to his name with those comments. Possession with consequence is what counts and we probably recorded the highest xG in the country today. Watford beat Rotherham 5-0 and their xG was 2.21, to put ours into context. The quality of our chances today was night-and-day to Rotherham, when honestly we only had speculative efforts and the lucky break (notwithstanding the penalties that should have been awarded). Duff pretending this wasn't a mauling (sans scoreline) is embarrassing really. Typically we missed the big open play chances which opened the door for his genuine gaslighting.

Michael Duff on 08:10 - Nov 12 with 982 viewsITFC_Forever

He was very selective with his comments after.

Yes, the goals and red card came about how he said, but what he forgot to mention is that we should have had several more goals while it was 11 v 11.

His team largely kept the ball well to be fair to them, but didn’t have any cutting edge. And I especially liked Humphreys passing a free kick straight out of play for a corner and then moaning about it after.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Michael Duff on 08:12 - Nov 12 with 978 views_clive_baker_

Duff opinion
Michael Duff on 08:17 - Nov 12 with 969 viewsDubtractor

Michael Duff on 08:10 - Nov 12 by ITFC_Forever

He was very selective with his comments after.

Yes, the goals and red card came about how he said, but what he forgot to mention is that we should have had several more goals while it was 11 v 11.

His team largely kept the ball well to be fair to them, but didn’t have any cutting edge. And I especially liked Humphreys passing a free kick straight out of play for a corner and then moaning about it after.

Yep.

They were excellent at passing round us till it got to the danger zone, then they rarely troubled us.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Michael Duff on 08:45 - Nov 12 with 932 viewsdissboy2

Recollections may vary !

According to official stats, possession was 37/63 and accurate passes 274/499 both in favour of Swansea.. That's not the match I thought I watched - maybe I have blue tinted specs.

their possession was mostly in their own half!
Michael Duff on 08:48 - Nov 12 with 923 viewstractor_lady

Recollections may vary !

With all the possession they only had 7 shots compared to our 20 + and from memory they made 6 saves v 2 from our keeper (albeit one was a fantastic save)…. That’s the beauty of stats isn’t it you can always manipulate to make them look better - bottom line is we had far more shots ok target and converted more! It’s actually how I imagined this season would be us having far less possession but being clinical on the counter, yet actually a few games we have dominated possession but not always capitalised.
Michael Duff on 09:41 - Nov 12 with 889 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Michael Duff on 21:09 - Nov 11 by le2blue

Duff had a massive rant at Kieran during the second half when their player claimed a foul on the touchline and again when their man got sent off, and then got booked. He was being a bit of a knob towards the Ipswich bench through the game. lacks class I'd say.

Yeah.

He's a massive hero to folks around here, scored the goal that got Cheltenham into the League, put together a side on no budget that got Cheltenham into L1 and kept them there.

But watching his antics yesterday throughout the game, and then listening to his comments post game, he seems like a bit of a c-unit.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Michael Duff on 10:11 - Nov 12 with 874 viewsChurchman

Michael Duff on 09:41 - Nov 12 by Cheltenham_Blue

Yeah.

He's a massive hero to folks around here, scored the goal that got Cheltenham into the League, put together a side on no budget that got Cheltenham into L1 and kept them there.

But watching his antics yesterday throughout the game, and then listening to his comments post game, he seems like a bit of a c-unit.

Duff did well at Barnsley too.

But I can see why Swansea supporters haven’t warmed to him. There’s just something irritating about him.
Login to get fewer ads

Michael Duff on 19:15 - Nov 12 with 798 viewsSharkey

Michael Duff on 23:36 - Nov 11 by tractor_lady

We dominated the game until we went 1-0, that was 6 mins into the game!!! What a strange interview

What's weird about that? he's asked how he thought his side got on, and begins by saying he thought they started well. Seems a logical place to start.

In the whole interview I don't think he says anything much wrong. He says Town are a good side, he says if they'd been bashed 4-0 he'd simply be saying you simply have to take your hat off to the better side, but because they got quite a bit closer than that, he finds things to be disappointed about that could have made the difference, and one was that they didn't do as well as usual 'at set plays'. Nowhere does he claim they were the better team, and nor does he whinge bout the penalty, which some thought was on the softer end of the scale. To me he does a thoroughly decent interview.
Michael Duff on 19:52 - Nov 12 with 770 viewsTractorCam

Still upset over the Greg Leigh-gate I suspect.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Michael Duff on 22:38 - Nov 12 with 696 viewsstrikalite

Michael Duff on 08:17 - Nov 12 by Dubtractor

Yep.

They were excellent at passing round us till it got to the danger zone, then they rarely troubled us.

Yep, thought they were very good on the ball, all had a very good touch, honestly thought that not taking our chances would come back to bite us. Hladky save after Burgess error was crucial, but overall our quality going forward offered more bite, but boy we did make it nervy at the end..
Michael Duff on 11:23 - Nov 13 with 625 viewscooperd5

Recollections may vary !

yeah that possession stat didn't look right to me either - not what I would have guessed.
Michael Duff on 11:28 - Nov 13 with 612 viewsSwansea_Blue

Michael Duff on 01:16 - Nov 12 by Vegtablue

You definitely don't!

Duff is living up to his name with those comments. Possession with consequence is what counts and we probably recorded the highest xG in the country today. Watford beat Rotherham 5-0 and their xG was 2.21, to put ours into context. The quality of our chances today was night-and-day to Rotherham, when honestly we only had speculative efforts and the lucky break (notwithstanding the penalties that should have been awarded). Duff pretending this wasn't a mauling (sans scoreline) is embarrassing really. Typically we missed the big open play chances which opened the door for his genuine gaslighting.

It's a bugbear of mine when people think possession stats tell you anything about the game and are synonymous with how good you are. If all the possession and passing is sideways and backwards and you rarely break the lines and penetrate, it's all meaningless.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Michael Duff on 11:35 - Nov 13 with 582 viewsDanTheMan

Michael Duff on 11:28 - Nov 13 by Swansea_Blue

It's a bugbear of mine when people think possession stats tell you anything about the game and are synonymous with how good you are. If all the possession and passing is sideways and backwards and you rarely break the lines and penetrate, it's all meaningless.

Yup, and most of the time possession is measured by just the ratio of passes between the two sides. We can actually be in control of the ball for most of the game but if we don't pass it as much then we'll still have lower possession stats.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024