Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi 08:27 - Nov 9 with 3389 viewsLion

ve your head a wobble. All we can ask as fans is for the club to get the very best players that we can afford and then for those players to give 100 per cent for the shirt every game. I truly believe we have that. All we can ask of the owners is that they support the manager to the maximum of their realistic capabilities and look to improve the club in any way possible not just in the present but also in the future. I truly believe we have that.
Its a fantastic sign that, whilst i agree we have not been at our best since the Bristol game, we still haven't lost, we are 8 points clear of third. They showed fantastic character against both Birmingham and Rotherham, which very much reminded me of division 1 games last season before we went on the amazing run the last third. Swansea isn't a must win game, but it would be great to get a win and hush up any doubters. Even better to get a win with a Hull like performance. Up the Towan. Can't wait until Saturday.

Poll: Is Blue Badger ( booooooooooooooo ) a cyber bully?

To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 08:39 - Nov 9 with 3119 viewstextbackup

When you watch ladapo, do you honestly get the impression he’s giving 100%

I watched him run, stop, then half hearted start running again the other game.

Will always be grateful he was part of last years squad, but he’s not really the level we need now

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 08:47 - Nov 9 with 3084 viewsurbanblue

To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 08:39 - Nov 9 by textbackup

Will always be grateful he was part of last years squad, but he’s not really the level we need now

That's really not fair. We all know that Freddie is not that type of player and never has been. Plays a different type of game to Hirst. He'san opportunist finisher and that was the main reason he was bought on. On other occasions he's done the job but it just didn't work for him the other night.

He'll come up trumps again for us again before the seasons out, you'll see.
To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 09:14 - Nov 9 with 3000 viewsLion

To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 08:39 - Nov 9 by textbackup

I think that we tried to 'level up' strikers in the pre-season in a difficult market but didn't get our targets or were not prepared to pay the wages or transfer fees asked or those fees were not financially viable. Thats why we brought in Scarlett late in the window. It is too much to ask of George Hirst to be able to physically do for 90 minutes what he does so well for 60, the physical demands on him are incredible and he is so important to the way we play although I hope he becomes more prolific in his finishing and he may well do so in time. I totally agree that if we had a prolific striker it could be the difference between promotion.
But the point is, we can't get anyone else until January. The following players who are being criticised by some, Clarke, Jackson, Ladapo are who we have now, i really think they are doing their best so lets just get behind them and trust in KMC and Ashton to try and improve the squad in January if they can.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2023 9:30]

To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 09:15 - Nov 9 with 3002 viewsGuthrum

People have said the same about lots of players. Often taller ones, whose more loping gait makes it look like they're not putting in the effort. Yet they cover the ground just as fast as others.

You also see Ladapo battling for the ball with two or three defenders, trying to hold it up and bring others into play.

Hirst, equally, is finding it harder to make those fast breakthroughs this season in the Championship. The defenders are that little bit better in terms of speed, coordination and positioning. Same with Scarlett, whos's only been able to show flashes of brilliance thus far.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 09:15 - Nov 9 with 3004 viewsFixed_It

They all give 100%. It's just that that 100% looks different depending on the player, their style and their role. I very much doubt that any player playing in a top two team, especially a player wanting to impress, won't be trying!!!
[Post edited 9 Nov 2023 9:18]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 09:29 - Nov 9 with 2951 viewsLion

To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 09:15 - Nov 9 by Guthrum

People have said the same about lots of players. Often taller ones, whose more loping gait makes it look like they're not putting in the effort. Yet they cover the ground just as fast as others.

You also see Ladapo battling for the ball with two or three defenders, trying to hold it up and bring others into play.

Hirst, equally, is finding it harder to make those fast breakthroughs this season in the Championship. The defenders are that little bit better in terms of speed, coordination and positioning. Same with Scarlett, whos's only been able to show flashes of brilliance thus far.

The work that Hirst does, back to goal with 14 stone defenders literally hanging on him is incredible. Obviously he's our link man and integral to how we play. He is completely selfless and you just gotta love him. He is a very, very strong boy and whilst we missed Broadhead on Tuesday and are missing Wes, he is probably even more important to us then Sam Morsy, and that is really saying something!

To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 09:36 - Nov 9 with 2916 viewsSitfcB

He’s very hit and miss, one game you’ll get everything from him when he comes on and nothing the next.

For our first goal at Birmingham he got taken down pretty badly in the middle of the half, but he quickly got back up and found his way into the box for the shot that bounced back to Harness to finish, I didn’t actually realise that at the time until I saw it pointed out on Twitter, thought it was great from him tbh.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 09:42 - Nov 9 with 2882 viewsSwansea_Blue

Oh good, another thread moaning about fans who aren't moaning. We must be well into double figures now.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 09:51 - Nov 9 with 2831 viewsFrimleyBlue

Oh yey, another OP to follow the other 100 chasing up arrows

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 11:06 - Nov 9 with 2715 viewshomer_123

Scarlett rather then Ladapo by homer_123 8 Nov 2023 10:44
Freddie is languid (think Jason Dozzell) and suffers as it often 'looks' like he isn't closing down. He actually covers the group very quickly, far quicker than you think. He puts the yards in.

Yes, we need to upgrade in this position but this notion of Freddie not being able to close down isn't correct. His hold up play night was not at his usual level, granted.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 11:11 - Nov 9 with 2687 viewsVaughan8

I cannot believe you seriously think Ladapo doesn't give 100%. A professional footballer, who wants to score goals, its 1-1?

Hes not 100% effective, he has his flaws but to say he doesn't give 100% is absolutely baffling.
To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 11:45 - Nov 9 with 2647 viewsChurchman

Yes, he gives 100%. He’d be nowhere near this squad if he didn’t. The days of Lambert and Jewell are behind us.

People often give a misleading impression in all walks of life. Jermaine Wright looked laid back but was actually a very good player - good enough to play in the PL. Ladapo is not the greatest forward I’ve ever seen in my life but he’s by no means the worst. In his time at IatFC he’s done a good job for us and will continue to do so until he moves on.
To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 11:52 - Nov 9 with 2620 viewsFrimleyBlue

To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 11:45 - Nov 9 by Churchman

Yes, he gives 100%. He’d be nowhere near this squad if he didn’t. The days of Lambert and Jewell are behind us.

People often give a misleading impression in all walks of life. Jermaine Wright looked laid back but was actually a very good player - good enough to play in the PL. Ladapo is not the greatest forward I’ve ever seen in my life but he’s by no means the worst. In his time at IatFC he’s done a good job for us and will continue to do so until he moves on.

Freddie just has a different engine to Hirst, it's not a negative, that's just how he is pysically, so we utilise him differently.

It's seen as lazy, but it's just a player doing what he needs to do to be able to be fully effective, when you've had 60 minutes of hirst running, anyone coming on will look lazy if they're not doing the same thing.

Waka waka eh eh

To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 12:00 - Nov 9 with 2573 viewsDJR

It's often difficult to make an impression in only 20 minutes, but Ladopo has scored more goals than Hirst, and he has the best minutes per goal ratio in the squad, at one every 129 minutes. In contrast, Hirst's ratio is one every 343 minutes.
To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 12:05 - Nov 9 with 2536 viewsMach_foreignBlue

No matter how critical we are over Ladapo, Jackson and Clarke......all three of them may be not good enough for this level, but...

But...

They are giving their all.......They aren't Skuse & Chambers who get paid for their cliches in the interviews.

Them three are commited so don't knock them.
To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 12:06 - Nov 9 with 2522 viewstextbackup

To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 11:11 - Nov 9 by Vaughan8

I cannot believe you seriously think Ladapo doesn't give 100%. A professional footballer, who wants to score goals, its 1-1?

Hes not 100% effective, he has his flaws but to say he doesn't give 100% is absolutely baffling.

I guess it’s more how hit and miss he is that clouds my judgement.

I sometimes watch him and I just don’t see the point in him being out there, forget the game now, earlier in the season, but was up there with one of the worse performances I’ve seen from an ITFC player in a long time (possible a cup game)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 12:31 - Nov 9 with 2417 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 12:06 - Nov 9 by textbackup

I guess it’s more how hit and miss he is that clouds my judgement.

I sometimes watch him and I just don’t see the point in him being out there, forget the game now, earlier in the season, but was up there with one of the worse performances I’ve seen from an ITFC player in a long time (possible a cup game)

Thing is. He is quite a goal dependant player. Hirst can not score and still have the run of the game (like vs Hull).

Ladapo really will only get credit for his performances, if he scores. If he doesn't then sometimes he is slightly ineffective but I don't doubt he's giving everything, he just isn't the sort of player to run about all day, that isnt his skillset. But he does have attributes that others dont.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 13:05 - Nov 9 with 2324 viewsBlueBadger

To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 09:51 - Nov 9 by FrimleyBlue

Oh yey, another OP to follow the other 100 chasing up arrows

You're just jealous because you only attract triple figures in the opposite direction.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 13:08 - Nov 9 with 2300 viewsKieran_Knows

I said it on here after the Rotherham game ... McKenna is absolutely getting the best out of the likes of Jackson and Ladapo, however, our quality/standards are higher now and unfortunately they're falling short of that. I will be amazed if both aren't replaced in January.

Anyone giving Clarke stick needs to give their head a wobble. Don't get me wrong, I think Williams is performing better than him right now, but then again he's someone who's played plenty of games in the Prem and Champions League so naturally he should be better. Long term Clarke will be a great asset for us.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 14:47 - Nov 9 with 2207 viewswkj

It is a fair point about the names listed. In my mind

Lapado - Doesn't strike me as an impact sub and not always great as a starter
Jackson - Usually does well off the bench but is not always great as a starter
Clarke - Very rough around the edges, what he does well is excellent but his mistakes are a significant liability and the sooner they're solved the more valuble of a player he is.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 16:17 - Nov 9 with 2124 viewsLion

To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 14:47 - Nov 9 by wkj

It is a fair point about the names listed. In my mind

Lapado - Doesn't strike me as an impact sub and not always great as a starter
Jackson - Usually does well off the bench but is not always great as a starter
Clarke - Very rough around the edges, what he does well is excellent but his mistakes are a significant liability and the sooner they're solved the more valuble of a player he is.

I can't necessarily disagree, we can all see where we could improve the squad, my point is, these are the boys we have at the moment, things won't change at least until January, lets support them 100 per cent. I dont know where you sit but people saying no-one is moaning, well the noisy 5 % are moaning, because you hear them in the ground. Ipswich fans are in the most good football fans, all we have ever wanted is the feeling everybody is giving everything and i think they are.

To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 17:36 - Nov 9 with 2009 viewsSwailsey

To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 12:05 - Nov 9 by Mach_foreignBlue

No matter how critical we are over Ladapo, Jackson and Clarke......all three of them may be not good enough for this level, but...

But...

They are giving their all.......They aren't Skuse & Chambers who get paid for their cliches in the interviews.

Them three are commited so don't knock them.

Borrrrrrrrring

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 23:01 - Nov 9 with 1854 viewsStewart27

To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 09:14 - Nov 9 by Lion

I think that we tried to 'level up' strikers in the pre-season in a difficult market but didn't get our targets or were not prepared to pay the wages or transfer fees asked or those fees were not financially viable. Thats why we brought in Scarlett late in the window. It is too much to ask of George Hirst to be able to physically do for 90 minutes what he does so well for 60, the physical demands on him are incredible and he is so important to the way we play although I hope he becomes more prolific in his finishing and he may well do so in time. I totally agree that if we had a prolific striker it could be the difference between promotion.
But the point is, we can't get anyone else until January. The following players who are being criticised by some, Clarke, Jackson, Ladapo are who we have now, i really think they are doing their best so lets just get behind them and trust in KMC and Ashton to try and improve the squad in January if they can.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2023 9:30]

People like you say Hirst isn’t prolific but how many chances does he actually miss? Not many I tell you.

We’re just not geared up to have our number 9 as the prolific 25 goal a season striker.

I’ll just take it on the chin that we are the top scorers in the division.
To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 23:17 - Nov 9 with 1838 viewsFrimleyBlue

To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 23:01 - Nov 9 by Stewart27

People like you say Hirst isn’t prolific but how many chances does he actually miss? Not many I tell you.

We’re just not geared up to have our number 9 as the prolific 25 goal a season striker.

I’ll just take it on the chin that we are the top scorers in the division.

He has a 13% shot conversion rate

2 goals at home. 1 away.

Averaging a goal every 4 games

Goal involvements? 6 in his 14 appearences.

Jackson.. he has a rather excellent 40% shot conversion rate

To compare with ladapo

Freddie has a 22% shot conversion rate
2 goal involvements in his 10 appearences
[Post edited 9 Nov 2023 23:37]

Waka waka eh eh

To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 06:12 - Nov 10 with 1717 viewsVegtablue

To any town fan who are moaning about Ladapo, Jackson, Clarke etc you need to gi on 23:17 - Nov 9 by FrimleyBlue

He has a 13% shot conversion rate

2 goals at home. 1 away.

Averaging a goal every 4 games

Goal involvements? 6 in his 14 appearences.

Jackson.. he has a rather excellent 40% shot conversion rate

To compare with ladapo

Freddie has a 22% shot conversion rate
2 goal involvements in his 10 appearences
[Post edited 9 Nov 2023 23:37]

Hirst's conversation rate is lower than that as it happens (FootyStats' data may exclude blocked shots at a guess, because he's had 8 more shots than they've recorded).

He's joint 2nd for 'big chances missed' (7) and has the 4th worst conversion rate of the 20 strikers highest in that list. This isn't a hate post: some of the best finishers in the league also appear (naturally due to the volume of chances they receive) and Georginio Rutter has the 2nd worst conversation rate of the 20 (and he's brilliant).

It's further evidence that Hirst isn't clinical though, at least in his career to date. He's arguably our most irreplaceable player today but I'd be lying if I said I don't believe we can find stiff competition in January or the summer.

Funnily enough, Ladapo and Jackson are two of four* outfield Ipswich players that are best in class at something FotMob ranks players in. Ladapo has the highest xG per 90 of anyone in the league, meaning he's taken up very good goalscoring positions this season. Jackson has won the most possession in the final 3rd per 90 in the league, which shouldn't surprise those who've watched him closely. Given they've both been involved in the majority of our games, we're currently 2nd and we're all allowed squads of 23+ players, I'm confident both are good enough to play for many Championship clubs, even if only as a second or third option and not for our top two rivals.

Clarke isn't in too dissimilar a situation to Walton IMO. Hladky is the best performing GK in the league and Williams is one of the better performing RBs. I know many believe Walton remains our best GK, but his season-long performances in the Championship were objectively rated 6.14 in 18/19 and 6.59 in 19/20. Hladky's season is currently rated 7.20. Meanwhile, Williams' performances have been rated 7.20 and Clarke's 6.85. This puts Clarke in the middle of Championship performers, yet you'd be forgiven for thinking he was near the bottom based on the singling out he's received. He was even blamed by many for Fulham's first goal, despite being the only defensive player within ten yards of where he was meant to be and despite Walton running out of his own box into no man's land. Player narratives are quick to settle then hard to shift.

*Leif is top for assists (7) and chances created (49). Harness is top for goals per 90 (1.05!).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024