Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Obv always happy not to lose 17:02 - Nov 4 with 5839 viewsFrimleyBlue

But that is 3 sub par performances.

Now..... on one hand. We know you do it all, all season
The other part is for us to stay top 2.. we kinda need to.

Let's just win on Tues and today's a cracking draw.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:55 - Nov 4 with 1713 viewsjayessess

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:27 - Nov 4 by GavTWTD

Hate to say it but I do agree with Frimley. We've lacked something. I don't know if its because Davis is being forced back more and can't bomb down the left as much (I certainly felt that was the case against Plymouth). I don't know whether we're missing Burns as maybe he's more effective than Hutchinson (good work for the leveler though). We've just not had that zing. Maybe McKenna will be a bit more technical about why, but yes delighted we got the equaliser but a little fearful that we're dropping points where we weren't doing before. Three points on tuesday please.

For the away games, I don't really get what the supposedly superior baseline is here?

Bristol City was probably up there as one of our more comfortable road trips - QPR gave us a lot of difficulties (despite being rubbish), Sunderland might have nicked a late point with 10 men, Sheffield Wednesday were awful but still only beat them by one. Southampton was a very accomplished performance, but was also a classic underdog on the road performance, where we spent long periods defending in shape.

In all those games we got the lead and kept it. This was second time we've gone behind on the road and both times we managed to create enough chances to deserve a draw, despite the performances feeling poor.

Think sometimes we've got to distinguish "we played badly" from "away games are often hard".

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:57 - Nov 4 with 1700 viewsblueislander

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:35 - Nov 4 by FrimleyBlue

We just seem rather leggy gav. Go back to that game after the Rotherham postponement I thought ok rusty legs. But the following two games have been exactly the same.

As much I didn't rate burns going forwards. I also wasn't blind to what he does defensively.. so yes that may play a part. But having said that. Burns being on the potch doesn't mean luongo suddenly has 4 more gears available or davis can make that crisp 5 yard pass.

We just seem rusty.

I don’t see “leggy” when we have got a draw from being 2 down with 10 minutes to go.
Obv always happy not to lose on 18:01 - Nov 4 with 1687 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:47 - Nov 4 by FrimleyBlue

We haven't been an unknown. We've played the same way as we did in league 1

What we haven't done in the past 3 games is pass the ball well. It's mainly that imo.

We have played the same way as in league one. That’s my point. Teams established in the championship are now setting up their teams to play a high press with high energy making it more difficult for us to play out from the back as effectively as we had been doing. We surprised teams with our style of play early doors.
Plymouth and Brum especially have been fairly effective at this and I think our fitness levels and better quality substitutes are what has got us 4 points from the last two games. We also miss Burns.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Obv always happy not to lose on 18:01 - Nov 4 with 1686 viewsRyorry

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:57 - Nov 4 by blueislander

I don’t see “leggy” when we have got a draw from being 2 down with 10 minutes to go.

Thanks to fresh leg subs.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Obv always happy not to lose on 18:01 - Nov 4 with 1686 viewsVaughan8

We've been without Burns in those games.

Maybe you can admit he's a good player for this team
Obv always happy not to lose on 18:06 - Nov 4 with 1661 viewsFrimleyBlue

Obv always happy not to lose on 18:01 - Nov 4 by Vaughan8

We've been without Burns in those games.

Maybe you can admit he's a good player for this team

I've already mentioned burns.

Waka waka eh eh

No No No on 18:07 - Nov 4 with 1658 viewsGavTWTD

No No No on 17:46 - Nov 4 by unstableblue

I’m afraid yourself, Frimmers and Cheltenham are missing the point

Yes our form has been on the slide against Bristol and in part Plymouth

But I felt the second half was a pivot point, an inflection point for the season

We turned the form around in terrible conditions, and dominated and were close to winning

I expect we will spank Rotherham now and go into Swansea much stronger

That second half, those subs.. getting the draw… it’s HOOGE

I don't think I'm missing the point. We have fitter players and subs that can make a difference but we're still not "at it" recently. We've some tough matches coming and we needs Burns and the zing back.

Really don't want to be critical after the crazy start we've had, I just don't want to let go of it. Ever!

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Obv always happy not to lose on 18:10 - Nov 4 with 1637 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’d say that we have been getting results on muscle memory and desire since the international break, rather that by playing the fluid football we saw previously.

Our passing hasn’t been as crisp and and we’ve been slightly bullied by more physical teams.

I’m sure McKenna will sort it out on the training pitch. Tuesday is massive and we couldn’t ask for a better fixture to get back on track.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Obv always happy not to lose on 18:45 - Nov 4 with 1563 viewsStewart27

Obv always happy not to lose on 18:01 - Nov 4 by StochesStotasBlewe

We have played the same way as in league one. That’s my point. Teams established in the championship are now setting up their teams to play a high press with high energy making it more difficult for us to play out from the back as effectively as we had been doing. We surprised teams with our style of play early doors.
Plymouth and Brum especially have been fairly effective at this and I think our fitness levels and better quality substitutes are what has got us 4 points from the last two games. We also miss Burns.

Isn’t it nice to be able to say we can change a game off the bench.

This was a huge “samaritan call” concern amongst some of the fans in the summer during our terrible transfer window.
Obv always happy not to lose on 19:03 - Nov 4 with 1539 viewsDubtractor

Should start by saying I didn't see the game today, but I think there us a question around what we should expect as a 'par' performance.

Thank we've started the season as we have is remarkable, but I think maybe what we expect to see, away from home especially, may need to be tempered a little.

We're still a newly promoted team, who made only modest additions in the summer, and probably should expect to have decent spells in games where we are second best. That we've got through 3 of our weaker performances with 7 points is remarkable.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Obv always happy not to lose on 20:00 - Nov 4 with 1472 viewsBloomBlue

All teams have below par periods, Man City lost 2 league games in a row.

The important thing is to accept teams will have those below performances and not overreact. Continue working on eliminating the bad period.
Leicester and Leeds are also going well, but they will drop points throughout the rest of the season.

But also look at the positives we're still not losing games, so even if below par we're grinding out results.
Obv always happy not to lose on 20:25 - Nov 4 with 1449 viewsSheffordBlue

I think some of the comments on sub-par performances (and this isn't just aimed at you) don't do justice to how the opposition have played. Thought Birmingham today made it very difficult to play and the conditions added to that. They pressed us as high and as tight as anyone has all season.

When they tired a bit it opened up but before that it needed one of the many first time passes into the channel or the clever flicks to come off to break their press.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Obv always happy not to lose on 20:37 - Nov 4 with 1435 viewsvilanovablue

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:27 - Nov 4 by GavTWTD

Hate to say it but I do agree with Frimley. We've lacked something. I don't know if its because Davis is being forced back more and can't bomb down the left as much (I certainly felt that was the case against Plymouth). I don't know whether we're missing Burns as maybe he's more effective than Hutchinson (good work for the leveler though). We've just not had that zing. Maybe McKenna will be a bit more technical about why, but yes delighted we got the equaliser but a little fearful that we're dropping points where we weren't doing before. Three points on tuesday please.

Burns absence is what it is.
Obv always happy not to lose on 20:39 - Nov 4 with 1435 viewsEly_Blue

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:15 - Nov 4 by FrimleyBlue

What are you on about. I'm absolutely Buzzing we got that draw.

Could have fooled me

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Obv always happy not to lose on 20:45 - Nov 4 with 1417 viewsnorfsufblue

It may have been below what WE expect as par but look at the stats across the game and even if we do accept that we still dominated 68% of the possession so regardless of when the goals arrived we did work hard for them. ... I find myself critiquing during a game but when it's over you've got to hand it to them... they know what they are doing!
Obv always happy not to lose on 21:03 - Nov 4 with 1402 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:41 - Nov 4 by mrfixit426

We looked leggy because they pressed at 100mph from the first whistle, with the intent that they could force themselves into a winning position before their legs went.

They managed to do this, but as soon as they started blowing, we took control. I admit our passing was off a bit today, but I still thought we would get back into it (albeit not so late again pls) , and ultimately was a little disappointed we didn't finish them off.

All things considered, any point away from home is a good result, and we did show great character today. You can't ignore the weather conditions either. If we win on Tuesday, it's an incredible four game set.

"We looked leggy because they pressed at 100mph from the first whistle, with the intent that they could force themselves into a winning position before their legs went."
Trying to "do an Aldershot" perhaps ?

Uppa Towen.
Obv always happy not to lose on 21:07 - Nov 4 with 1393 viewspelles321

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:17 - Nov 4 by NthQldITFC

Their version is "water on the table, or water on the floor?"

Participants or losers?
Obv always happy not to lose on 22:17 - Nov 4 with 1323 viewsRadlett_blue

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:46 - Nov 4 by blueasfook

I think Frimmers has a point. We've rode our luck a bit recently. But then we have played two tough teams in Argyle and Brum. I was keeping an eye on the score from the airport and we looked down and out. Was delighted to just check now and see it ended 2-2

My son told me that he knocked over half of his post hockey game pint of beer when he saw we had made it 2-2.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Obv always happy not to lose on 22:39 - Nov 4 with 1299 viewsNutkins_Return

I think the error here is saying 'sub par' performances here which gets a few. Acks up (including mine). But I think the premise of your point is more we've not been at the free flowing best we had shown before the international break.

As you said yourself further down top 10 was your expectation and our performances are certainly still that. So unless par is now blowing teams away every week it's unfair.

I agree we've dropped a level. But with that second half and over all we're still playing and doing well.

As you say let's go and beat Rotherham and 10 points. Lear is exceptional
Obv always happy not to lose on 23:07 - Nov 4 with 1263 viewsArnieM

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:35 - Nov 4 by FrimleyBlue

We just seem rather leggy gav. Go back to that game after the Rotherham postponement I thought ok rusty legs. But the following two games have been exactly the same.

As much I didn't rate burns going forwards. I also wasn't blind to what he does defensively.. so yes that may play a part. But having said that. Burns being on the potch doesn't mean luongo suddenly has 4 more gears available or davis can make that crisp 5 yard pass.

We just seem rusty.

I know one thing Frimmers, had I posted that I’d have something 75 down votes and a deluge of vitriolic posts, so guess you could say you’ve got off light. But you are of course correct . We haven’t been firing on all cylinders,(we’re just not allowed to post that opinion)… however, mention that we’ve still managed to get 7 points from a possible 9, a positive comment that is conveniently overlooked by some on here.

You keep posting mate… as for me, well, I’m just about done with it all on here now unfortunately.

COYBs …. 57 years a Blue home and away. Goodbye twtd.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

We're really missing Burns on 23:14 - Nov 4 with 1258 viewsDyland

Just saying, like.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

We're really missing Burns on 23:17 - Nov 4 with 1255 viewsFrimleyBlue

We're really missing Burns on 23:14 - Nov 4 by Dyland

Just saying, like.

Already discussed.

Like. ;)

Waka waka eh eh

What did you say about it? (n/t) on 23:19 - Nov 4 with 1252 viewsDyland

We're really missing Burns on 23:17 - Nov 4 by FrimleyBlue

Already discussed.

Like. ;)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

What did you say about it? (n/t) on 23:20 - Nov 4 with 1252 viewsFrimleyBlue

What did you say about it? (n/t) on 23:19 - Nov 4 by Dyland

Have a look

Waka waka eh eh

Obv always happy not to lose on 23:20 - Nov 4 with 1251 viewsStewart27

We’ve got a hell of a par!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024