Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we not write off Axel after one game? 16:15 - Oct 31 with 3474 viewsburnbudgiesburn

If he has a mare a la Davis & Williams.

Please & Thankyou.
Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 16:17 - Oct 31 with 2977 viewswkj

I mean, there was someone here who wrote McKenna off before one game...

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 16:37 - Oct 31 with 2893 viewsZx1988

If he has a good performance, he'd better not be smarmy about it.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 16:43 - Oct 31 with 2859 viewsMetal_Hacker

Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 16:37 - Oct 31 by Zx1988

If he has a good performance, he'd better not be smarmy about it.

I can imagine in years to come , decades even , people on here will be asking how and why he was ever called smarmy

Frimmers will go down in Folklore - what a thought

Poll: If it were one or the other

Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 16:46 - Oct 31 with 2836 viewsWickets

Seem to remember one or two thought taking a chance ce on him with his injury record was madness !
Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 16:53 - Oct 31 with 2809 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

I was guilty of saying Williams had a pretty rough debut, both coming on against Leeds and scoring that own goal against Reading, but I wouldn't say I had written him off, just that he had a rough start.

Players recently I thought were guff and turned out to be in recent times were Harper who I rate among one of our worst ever players, Ahadme, Carroll all spring to mind.
Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 17:09 - Oct 31 with 2728 viewsFrimleyBlue

Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 16:46 - Oct 31 by Wickets

Seem to remember one or two thought taking a chance ce on him with his injury record was madness !

It is still madness imo. But hopefully he's not fully broken.

I've never looked up a player and seen someone with so many various types of injuries before.

Take away the injuries and look at the games he played he looked as he was, prem class and someone with a future.

Let's hope he still does.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 17:20 - Oct 31 with 2672 views_clive_baker_

Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 16:46 - Oct 31 by Wickets

He's taken a wage for the past 2 months without kicking a ball, so it's a bit premature to be marking this one down as a return on investment just yet.

Personally I think he's potentially an exciting addition if he can stay fit, he looked really good at this level for Villa, and with Burgess potentially going off on international duty in the new year we could have a ready made replacement. There's no doubt his injury record has been challenging though, and coming back from a long lay off will be tough, especially into the rigors of Championship football. Here's hoping he can get his career back on track as he certainly has ability.
Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 17:22 - Oct 31 with 2650 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Given how those two have turned out, hopefully we will!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 17:30 - Oct 31 with 2618 viewsMK1

None of us are going to be slagging off any of our players and staff this season. Are we?
Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 17:51 - Oct 31 with 2538 viewsNthQldITFC

Also, has anyone managed to come up with a chant for him based on Harold Faltermeyer's 'Axel F' yet? If so, I take my hat off to you.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 17:56 - Oct 31 with 2519 viewsBiGDonnie

We're TWTD and we'll do what we want.

Remember, Dimley wrote off the manager one question into his first ever interview.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 17:56 - Oct 31 with 2514 viewsBiGDonnie

Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 16:17 - Oct 31 by wkj

Ah, soz!

COYBs

Can we not write off Axel after one game? (n/t) on 17:59 - Oct 31 with 2506 viewsBiGDonnie

[Post edited 31 Oct 2023 18:09]

COYBs

Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 18:00 - Oct 31 with 2504 viewsWickets

Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 17:20 - Oct 31 by _clive_baker_

He's taken a wage for the past 2 months without kicking a ball, so it's a bit premature to be marking this one down as a return on investment just yet.

Personally I think he's potentially an exciting addition if he can stay fit, he looked really good at this level for Villa, and with Burgess potentially going off on international duty in the new year we could have a ready made replacement. There's no doubt his injury record has been challenging though, and coming back from a long lay off will be tough, especially into the rigors of Championship football. Here's hoping he can get his career back on track as he certainly has ability.

One or two have come in an missed a couple of months i think , usually while they get fit and used to the way we play . Think Massimo was one that springs to mind. Dont think we can say we have wasted much money until we know how much we have risked and thats if he does not make it . Yes we all wish him the best of luck as from the snippets i have seen when fit he has been some player .
Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 18:07 - Oct 31 with 2477 viewsSwansea_Blue

One game? We'll be lucky to get to 15 minutes in.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 18:16 - Oct 31 with 2437 viewswaveneyblue

Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 17:30 - Oct 31 by MK1

None of us are going to be slagging off any of our players and staff this season. Are we?

A quick peak on Facebook and Twitter land will suggest otherwise I can assure you.
Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 18:26 - Oct 31 with 2402 viewseireblue

I am going to wait for his first couple of touches, give him some leeway, maybe wait until the third or fourth pass before deciding to write him off, assuming his positioning has been perfect of course.
Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 18:34 - Oct 31 with 2376 viewsEwan_Oozami

Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 18:26 - Oct 31 by eireblue

I am going to wait for his first couple of touches, give him some leeway, maybe wait until the third or fourth pass before deciding to write him off, assuming his positioning has been perfect of course.

Why wait till then? We can write him off immediately if his warm-up isn't up to scratch....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 18:39 - Oct 31 with 2359 viewseireblue

Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 18:34 - Oct 31 by Ewan_Oozami

Why wait till then? We can write him off immediately if his warm-up isn't up to scratch....

Yep, good point, I’ll tune in early, and also watch how he runs onto the pitch, I am expecting to see real prem quality.
Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 18:42 - Oct 31 with 2339 viewsFrimleyBlue

Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 18:39 - Oct 31 by eireblue

Yep, good point, I’ll tune in early, and also watch how he runs onto the pitch, I am expecting to see real prem quality.

As long as he doesn't pull a hamstring doing it.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 18:49 - Oct 31 with 2308 viewsMK1

Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 18:16 - Oct 31 by waveneyblue

A quick peak on Facebook and Twitter land will suggest otherwise I can assure you.

I think if we had half the points we currently have, people would have been happy with the start. What ever happens here on in, nobody should be critical of any of the players and staff. We are in total wonderland.
Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 19:48 - Oct 31 with 2178 viewsBlueBadger

About 30 seconds into a presser wasn't it?

That was a weird one wasn't it? Where the hell did that poster get that idea Frim?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 19:58 - Oct 31 with 2150 viewsJrm_72

Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 17:09 - Oct 31 by FrimleyBlue

It is still madness imo. But hopefully he's not fully broken.

I've never looked up a player and seen someone with so many various types of injuries before.

Take away the injuries and look at the games he played he looked as he was, prem class and someone with a future.

Let's hope he still does.

Kieron Dyer anywhere post-Ipswich?
Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 19:58 - Oct 31 with 2149 viewswkj

Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 19:48 - Oct 31 by BlueBadger

About 30 seconds into a presser wasn't it?

That was a weird one wasn't it? Where the hell did that poster get that idea Frim?

They were just Makin stuff up, as usual

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 20:43 - Oct 31 with 2051 viewsBondiBlue

Can we not write off Axel after one game? on 17:22 - Oct 31 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Given how those two have turned out, hopefully we will!

Beat me to it

Poll: Which would you accept?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024