Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What was the grief going on after the final whistle? 17:57 - Oct 28 with 3709 viewsNthQldITFC

Over on pasoti there's a lot of salty 'dirty Ipswich' comments, but we know there's a section of their fans who are very touchy after last season. Shame, as I like them as a club. Pretty sure they have a genuine bone of contention on the possible sending off, although I didn't actually see a huge amount of contact. Otherwise, what?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 17:59 - Oct 28 with 3620 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

What about their constant diving, time wasting and whinging at the referee all game? It worked so well in League One for them but not so much today!
What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 18:03 - Oct 28 with 3518 viewsDubtractor

What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 17:59 - Oct 28 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

What about their constant diving, time wasting and whinging at the referee all game? It worked so well in League One for them but not so much today!

So much diving and hitting the deck wasn't there? Waine especially was bloody embarrassing.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 18:05 - Oct 28 with 3477 viewsVegtablue

Two of their players pulled hamstrings I think, which will have been a consequence of our robust football probably. We also forced Mumba to make another late lunge at one point and that was naughty of us, although it was nowhere near as bad as Mumba's awful studs showing lunge on Jackson with the ball nowhere near at Home Park, which was as clear a red as Morsy's in the same game. And we made Morris clatter into Luongo in the first half and earn an obvious yellow - that was a wipeout and a half.

All good reasons really.
What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 18:05 - Oct 28 with 3475 viewsAbujaBlue

I also try to like Plymouth - I've gone to see 2 or 3 games at Home Park over the years, but ever since their incessant moaning about Morsy last season it is increasingly difficult to like them.

And the posts on Pasoti are hilarious, they really are coming across as some real whingebags.
"Luongo should have gone...studs"
"So yet again an Ipswich player makes a nasty and snide challenge on an Argyle player"
"You have to wonder if McKenna instructs his players to commit fouls. Disgusting!"
"McKenna is a bit of a b*llend. "
"The referee is weak and being influenced by the crowd"

And this is not even starting on the Edmundson and Morsy posts. I get they feel aggrieved not to get a point, but how about looking at their own team rather than blame anything that moves and wears blue.
What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 18:07 - Oct 28 with 3431 viewsDublinBlue84

Was right in front of me.

Incident with Sam Morsy and player on the deck on touchline just before final whistle. I only saw it out of corner of my eye. The player was indicating that Morsy struck him in some way. I couldn't say either way for sure. Their players and staff went right over to him at final whistle.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 18:09 - Oct 28 with 3380 viewsSwansea_Blue

What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 17:59 - Oct 28 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

It was a L1 performance from them in that regard wasn’t it? Top sh1thousery we haven’t seen for a while. Time wasting galore, diving at any expected touch. I’m not convinced The Fridge made contact with their player for the disputed pen either. He went down very easily and given that it was an awful starting position from Edmundson, the only way that wasn’t a foul is if the ref was 100% sure their player tried to buy it. Don’t know for sure though, as I didn’t get a good look back at that one.

I thought the ref was fair. Equally crap for both of us.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 18:10 - Oct 28 with 3377 viewsVegtablue

What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 18:03 - Oct 28 by Dubtractor

So much diving and hitting the deck wasn't there? Waine especially was bloody embarrassing.

Waine looked like he was attempting a different sport 😂
What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 18:12 - Oct 28 with 3336 viewsRobTheMonk

What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 18:10 - Oct 28 by Vegtablue

He should have been booked for diving when Wolfie blew on his shoulder. Ridiculous.
Login to get fewer ads

What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 18:19 - Oct 28 with 3244 viewsNthQldITFC

Hey up! There's a number of Argyle fans on pasoti now saying they can't see any contact and that it wasn't a penalty or a red card. Refreshing.

What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 18:23 - Oct 28 with 3157 viewsgainsboroughblue

"They go out instructed to injure Argyle players."

Almost libelous.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 18:26 - Oct 28 with 3077 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 18:09 - Oct 28 by Swansea_Blue

It was a L1 performance from them in that regard wasn’t it? Top sh1thousery we haven’t seen for a while. Time wasting galore, diving at any expected touch. I’m not convinced The Fridge made contact with their player for the disputed pen either. He went down very easily and given that it was an awful starting position from Edmundson, the only way that wasn’t a foul is if the ref was 100% sure their player tried to buy it. Don’t know for sure though, as I didn’t get a good look back at that one.

On Radio Suffolk Mills and Brenner seemed agreed it was a free kick outside the box and probable red card. Mills said the referee obviously decided he got the ball which would make it tackle of the century or something along those lines.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 18:27 - Oct 28 with 3065 viewsstonojnr

What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 18:09 - Oct 28 by Swansea_Blue

If there was any contact, bar you know 50/50 challenging for a ball, which in real time I didn't see and I sit at that end of the ground, it was outside the penalty area, he kept going and dived in the box almost expecting the second tackle to come, which didn't happen. Had it obviously the ref then gives a penalty because it looks like a tackle.

Should have been booked for simulation imo without seeing any replays, maybe I'm wrong but it was similar to lots of their falling over by themselves kind of "fouls"
What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 18:28 - Oct 28 with 3042 viewsSteve_M

What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 18:03 - Oct 28 by Dubtractor

Their 23 kept diving even when he would have been in really good positions staying in his feet. It was very odd.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 18:28 - Oct 28 with 3038 viewsChurchman

I was close to Edmundson’s challenge. The people around me thought he toed the ball first, so did the ref and the lino. I genuinely wasn’t sure. That’s the way it goes.

I thought the ref was weak on Plymouth who were falling down buying fouls, committing fouls and genuinely sh£%thousing.

Overall, we weren’t at our best but dug out a result. Their first goal was one of those hands up jobs. Nobody was going to stop that. We kept going though and had plenty of the game. Lots to talk about but 3 points to us, none to them and on we go. Well done KM and the lads. 6 points in the week 👍🏻
What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 19:13 - Oct 28 with 2665 viewsWickets

What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 18:26 - Oct 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

On Radio Suffolk Mills and Brenner seemed agreed it was a free kick outside the box and probable red card. Mills said the referee obviously decided he got the ball which would make it tackle of the century or something along those lines.

Yes I heard Mick say that on the way home but me thinks he might feel a bit of a pratt when he watches a replay !
What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 19:29 - Oct 28 with 2465 viewsArnieM

I can’t stand their fans now. They seem to feel entitled and expect to patted in the bank for every away following. They went up as champions but seem to lack humility and begrudge us our promotion for some reason. Not sure why or what their issue is. We have no specific rivalry of history other than a few player transfers between us over the years. I used to like Plymouth , but not now. They can shove it, because they come across as entitled snd arrogant, on the back of what I have no idea, and a population of over 250,000, they should be getting better support than they are frankly.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 19:31 - Oct 28 with 2455 viewsITFC_Forever

What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 19:29 - Oct 28 by ArnieM

I can’t stand their fans now. They seem to feel entitled and expect to patted in the bank for every away following. They went up as champions but seem to lack humility and begrudge us our promotion for some reason. Not sure why or what their issue is. We have no specific rivalry of history other than a few player transfers between us over the years. I used to like Plymouth , but not now. They can shove it, because they come across as entitled snd arrogant, on the back of what I have no idea, and a population of over 250,000, they should be getting better support than they are frankly.

250k, plus the whole of Cornwall.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 19:50 - Oct 28 with 2344 viewsMisterBlue

What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 19:31 - Oct 28 by ITFC_Forever

250k, plus the whole of Cornwall.

That's a lot lot of salty sea men down there
What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 19:54 - Oct 28 with 2286 viewsBuhrer

What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 18:28 - Oct 28 by Steve_M

Their 23 kept diving even when he would have been in really good positions staying in his feet. It was very odd.

It seemed a baffling choice several times. I'm assuming their manager must instruct them to dive ....
What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 20:00 - Oct 28 with 2208 viewsSwansea_Blue

What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 18:26 - Oct 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

Having seen the replay now, I think the ref failed to buy his dive. It was very difficult to work out want ent on in real time though (and I’m still not 100% sure).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 20:02 - Oct 28 with 2170 viewsbilllm

What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 18:10 - Oct 28 by Vegtablue

Was he their 23
What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 20:32 - Oct 28 with 1998 viewsVegtablue

What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 20:02 - Oct 28 by billlm

Was he their 23

Yeah it was as embarrassing a diving display as I can remember, but perhaps they were the instructions he was given.
What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 20:46 - Oct 28 with 1861 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 18:23 - Oct 28 by gainsboroughblue

"They go out instructed to injure Argyle players."

Almost libelous.

If he said that, there is no almost about it is there? How many of their players received serious injuries from tackles today? How many fouls and cards did the referee see fit to award?

He should be utterly ashamed of that comment, issue an apology and a retraction of it.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 20:53 - Oct 28 with 1792 viewsNthQldITFC

What was the grief going on after the final whistle? on 20:46 - Oct 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

If he said that, there is no almost about it is there? How many of their players received serious injuries from tackles today? How many fouls and cards did the referee see fit to award?

He should be utterly ashamed of that comment, issue an apology and a retraction of it.

Not Schumacher, just some knob on pasoti, I think.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024