Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Loft for Words match report is up and it’s magnificent 23:24 - Aug 20 with 6855 viewsIllinoisblue

A brilliant read and scroll halfway down there’s some great pics of the celebrating away end. Also contains this about everyone’s favourite rock star manager:

“Gareth Ainsworth, as we always feared would be the case at a club that loves to eat its young, is the lightning rod for a torrent of internal and external criticism and ridicule for everything from his tactics down to his snakeskin boots. Fair, his team selections, tactics and style to this point could just as easily have come from handing a chimp a machine gun as employing him; and his appearance is that of a man sentenced to three whole mid-life crises to be served concurrently.” Zing!

Also amazing; their home end has seen five QPR goals in their last 30 home games. Ouch.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/60683
[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 23:25]

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The Loft for Words match report is up and it’s magnificent on 23:29 - Aug 20 with 5437 viewsJakeITFC

He’s a truly gifted writer, that’s so good.
Superb fanzine match report on 23:47 - Aug 20 with 5362 viewsunstableblue

Some wonderful passages of insightful joy in that.

So very English football.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

The Loft for Words match report is up and it’s magnificent on 23:47 - Aug 20 with 5348 viewsStokieBlue

That is magnificent.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The Loft for Words match report is up and it’s magnificent on 23:55 - Aug 20 with 5345 viewsHipsterectomy

K Mac kinda does look like the Bend it Like Beckham coach

Need someone to get Mckenna to sign a photo of him

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

The Loft for Words match report is up and it’s magnificent on 00:02 - Aug 21 with 5311 viewsChurchman

Agreed - as usual with Clive Whittingham, it’s a great read.

Edit: Clive’s take on us as their first home fixture:

‘Less than ideal, therefore, for Rangers to have this as their only home league fixture before September 16. Not so much an unwanted guest at a family funeral as a whole stag party rocking up to bang out Bamboleo on the coffin lid while nan quietly sobs in the corner. Thank you Grandad, thank you for fighting the war.’

I laughed and suspect I will have Bamboleo stuck in my brain for much of the week
[Post edited 21 Aug 2023 6:16]
The Loft for Words match report is up and it’s magnificent on 00:13 - Aug 21 with 5286 viewsHipsterectomy

That longing to be us is so depressingly familiar. I lost count of how many Champ teams whilst we were under Keane/Jewell/Mick were living the dream with a team combined of players we could have easily gotten had we wanted to (or in some cases such as Delaney, left and became super good at football)
[Post edited 21 Aug 2023 0:14]

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

The Loft for Words match report is up and it’s magnificent on 00:38 - Aug 21 with 5180 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Love it.

"Sam Morsy – the sort of squat bulldog you see the local roided tvvat hanging from tree branches to strengthen his jaw..."

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

The Loft for Words match report is up and it’s magnificent on 02:51 - Aug 21 with 4976 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

QPRs fan base is incredibly grounded. I actually love and respect them for how they’re so brutally honest about themselves and everything.
Login to get fewer ads

The Loft for Words match report is up and it’s magnificent on 07:01 - Aug 21 with 4565 viewsle2blue

Absolutely fantastic, what a writer. I genuinely laughed out loud at most of it, this is one of the best:

“ This level of frothing excitement at what’s in store is usually only reached in Britain’s provincial towns when they publish the name and address of a paedo in the local paper.”
The Loft for Words match report is up and it’s magnificent on 07:14 - Aug 21 with 4479 viewsdirtyboy

Well worth reading.
The Loft for Words match report is up and it’s magnificent on 07:32 - Aug 21 with 4401 viewsITFC_Forever

What I want to know is which au pair in Suffolk has been in the receiving end for the last 20 years?

The kid must be at uni by now.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The Loft for Words match report is up and it’s magnificent on 07:37 - Aug 21 with 4378 viewsfabian_illness

'Andre Dozzell, still playing like the Year Seven who was the best player at primary school'
The Loft for Words match report is up and it’s magnificent on 07:52 - Aug 21 with 4295 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"No sane manager this side of the Conference would have even considered taking this on (not you Paul Ince, w@nker) and Gareth himself only accepted it out of blind love. Like some lovesick eejit walking away from an idyllic, ten-year marriage with his perfect fit to run off and live in a hut in Ethiopia’s Danakil Desert with some girl he titted up in the bogs at his Year 11 prom who got back in touch via the Facebook."

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

The Loft for Words match report is up and it’s magnificent on 08:11 - Aug 21 with 4123 viewsbluejacko

What a good way to start Monday morning😂absolutely brilliant 👍
The Loft for Words match report is up and it’s magnificent on 08:22 - Aug 21 with 4052 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

That’s exceptional.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

The Loft for Words match report is up and it’s magnificent on 08:27 - Aug 21 with 3979 viewsredrickstuhaart

The Loft for Words match report is up and it’s magnificent on 08:22 - Aug 21 by TRUE_BLUE123

That’s exceptional.

Some nice bits. Too long and clunky / clumsy in places. Needs an editor!
Reads like a Family Guy…. on 08:36 - Aug 21 with 3927 viewsBloots

….greatest hits compilation.

Far too many “cutaway gags” for my liking.

He’s just trying a bit too hard IMHO.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Reads like a Family Guy…. on 08:37 - Aug 21 with 3905 viewsredrickstuhaart

Reads like a Family Guy…. on 08:36 - Aug 21 by Bloots

Precisely.
It's just his style on 08:43 - Aug 21 with 3847 viewsDyland

Go back to the Telegraph, Blooters x

Didn't you lol even a bit? I love Clive, one of the best. Clearly not everyone's cup of tea though, hairy muff innit.

"This level of frothing excitement at what’s in store is usually only reached in Britain’s provincial towns when they publish the name and address of a paedo in the local paper."

gmpfarama

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Of course I laughed at bits…. on 09:13 - Aug 21 with 3658 viewsBloots

It's just his style on 08:43 - Aug 21 by Dyland

Go back to the Telegraph, Blooters x

Didn't you lol even a bit? I love Clive, one of the best. Clearly not everyone's cup of tea though, hairy muff innit.

"This level of frothing excitement at what’s in store is usually only reached in Britain’s provincial towns when they publish the name and address of a paedo in the local paper."

gmpfarama

….but then I also laugh at Frankie Boyle, Ricky Gervais and Seth McFarlane.

So my opinion is of little value on this forum, I’ve come to accept and live with that.

Each to their own though Dyllers.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Reads like a Family Guy…. on 09:30 - Aug 21 with 3573 viewsitfc_bucks

Not many at QPR can be accused of trying too hard at the moment...
Of course I laughed at bits…. on 09:50 - Aug 21 with 3487 viewsDyland

Of course I laughed at bits…. on 09:13 - Aug 21 by Bloots

So my opinion is of little value on this forum, I’ve come to accept and live with that.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The Loft for Words match report is up and it’s magnificent on 10:02 - Aug 21 with 3416 viewsLeoMuff

It’s magnificent, particularly liked the golf analogy and dancing naked portion !

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

The Loft for Words match report is up and it’s magnificent on 10:09 - Aug 21 with 3387 viewsN2_Blue

One of the finest match reports I have ever read. More match reports need to be like this.
Absolutely brilliant.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Of course I laughed at bits…. on 10:51 - Aug 21 with 3234 viewsIllinoisblue

Of course I laughed at bits…. on 09:13 - Aug 21 by Bloots

You laugh at Gervais’ stand-up? I still can’t get into that

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024