Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC 15:13 - Aug 11 with 4642 viewsSitfcB

McKenna: Edwards at the Stage Where He Wants to Go and Start More Games 11th Aug 2023 15:45
Blues winger Kyle Edwards wants to move on to a club where he can start more games, manager Kieran McKenna has revealed. 40

[Post edited 11 Aug 2023 15:51]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 15:15 - Aug 11 with 3551 viewsITFC_Forever

That is a shame, as he has the ability to come on and change a game.

There’s always been that nagging doubt he doesn’t quite do it often enough.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 15:17 - Aug 11 with 3505 viewswkj

There is a player in Edwards, I can only assume he doesn't fit McKenna's style

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 15:18 - Aug 11 with 3472 viewsKieran_Knows

Really not that fussed in all honesty. Spent 2 years here and hardly set the world alight. Clearly a player in there, but one which doesn’t really suit McKenna or his system.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 15:18 - Aug 11 with 3447 viewsburnbudgiesburn

I mean there's no arguing that he hasn't nailed down a first team spot under McKenna but for me he was a very useful sub last season and turned quite a few games around for us.

There are 2 or 3 i'd rather see leave if i'm honest.

How long does he have on his contract here? I'm guessing it'll be a nominal fee if we get one at all.
Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 15:19 - Aug 11 with 3411 viewsgtsb1966

Where's he going. Weren't Hull in for him once.
Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 15:21 - Aug 11 with 3374 viewsMookamoo

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/23717257.ipswich-town-kieran-mckenna-confirms-kyle-

Also considering loans for Humpreys & Baggott
Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 15:21 - Aug 11 with 3344 viewsthe_toff

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 15:18 - Aug 11 by burnbudgiesburn

I mean there's no arguing that he hasn't nailed down a first team spot under McKenna but for me he was a very useful sub last season and turned quite a few games around for us.

There are 2 or 3 i'd rather see leave if i'm honest.

How long does he have on his contract here? I'm guessing it'll be a nominal fee if we get one at all.

I would probably agree re. 2 or 3 ahead of him to leave but we can only move on players who attract interest, and I would imagine that’s the difference between Edwards and 1 or 2 others.

A shame in a sense, but I would be surprised if he’s one that goes on to be regarded as one who got away. A decent player, dangerous in L1 but not seen a lot to suggest he’s much more than that.
Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 15:22 - Aug 11 with 3323 viewsSitfcB

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 15:21 - Aug 11 by Mookamoo

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/23717257.ipswich-town-kieran-mckenna-confirms-kyle-

Yeah was kind of waiting for Phil’s story before linking

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 15:24 - Aug 11 with 3246 viewsazuremerlangus

Shame. He was always on that surplus list.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 15:24 - Aug 11 with 3235 viewsHerbivore

I imagine Baggott will only be off if someone else comes in. Humphreys has more traffic ahead of him.

Sad about Edwards but for all his ability, you can count on two hands the goals and assists he's contributed over his 2 years here. He's always looked on the cusp of kicking on without actually kicking on.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 15:27 - Aug 11 with 3131 viewshype313

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 15:24 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

I imagine Baggott will only be off if someone else comes in. Humphreys has more traffic ahead of him.

Sad about Edwards but for all his ability, you can count on two hands the goals and assists he's contributed over his 2 years here. He's always looked on the cusp of kicking on without actually kicking on.

Yep, you can't dispute his attitude, especially around the team and training ground, seems like a really likeable character.

But the reality is, he is a guy who won't get a starting spot, at his age I don't blame him for wanting to go elsewhere to get bedded into a first team.

Pompey or Posh would be good moves for him.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 15:28 - Aug 11 with 3112 viewswkj

In some ways I think promotion was a cruel thing for Baggott, he'd have been ready for us in L1 is my thinking. Either way, a good loan for him in League 1 would be great

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 15:32 - Aug 11 with 3025 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Not too bothered re: Edwards, decent player at L1, not sure he would do it in the Championship.
More interested in the comments re: Humphries and Baggott. I've been feeling increasingly comfortable with Baggot as competition for the Left CB spot, and benefitting from the coaching under McKenna. But if he is going on loan then we must be very close to having a quality CB come in.

Poll: would you rather

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 15:35 - Aug 11 with 2948 viewshype313

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 15:32 - Aug 11 by LegendofthePhoenix

Not too bothered re: Edwards, decent player at L1, not sure he would do it in the Championship.
More interested in the comments re: Humphries and Baggott. I've been feeling increasingly comfortable with Baggot as competition for the Left CB spot, and benefitting from the coaching under McKenna. But if he is going on loan then we must be very close to having a quality CB come in.

Baggott looks like he will be a player, but right now he's 20, he's played 20 games of league football, 19 of those in League Two. Just seems like too much of a leap for him to go into the Championship.

If he takes the Wolfenden path then we will have some player in our hands in a year or two.

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 15:37 - Aug 11 with 2896 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Will never forget Cheltenham away

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 15:38 - Aug 11 with 2891 viewsMookamoo

Players come, players go. I'm actually more excited about who we have lined up to replace him. We needed that spark off the bench a few times last year. Port Vale springs to mind.

I'm just hoping we have someone who can turn the game in the last 30 mins.
Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 15:39 - Aug 11 with 2852 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 15:35 - Aug 11 by hype313

Baggott looks like he will be a player, but right now he's 20, he's played 20 games of league football, 19 of those in League Two. Just seems like too much of a leap for him to go into the Championship.

If he takes the Wolfenden path then we will have some player in our hands in a year or two.

What is it, 16 or 17 international caps also. But yeah, it's half a season too soon for Elkan really, I just think his development trajectory will be one helluva lot quicker here than playing for Stevenage of Cambridge etc.

Poll: would you rather

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 15:40 - Aug 11 with 2843 viewschenners17

If baggott is leaving on loan potentially, we must have a replacement lined up.

As for edwards and his replacement, I assume this is leaning towards rak sakyi coming in?
Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 15:41 - Aug 11 with 2823 viewsHerbivore

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 15:27 - Aug 11 by hype313

Yep, you can't dispute his attitude, especially around the team and training ground, seems like a really likeable character.

But the reality is, he is a guy who won't get a starting spot, at his age I don't blame him for wanting to go elsewhere to get bedded into a first team.

You have to respect Edwards for how he's handled this as well. In some ways, it would be easy for him to stay here where he seems pretty settled and happy, picking up decent money and playing 20 minutes every fortnight. Instead, he's said he needs to be playing regularly at this stage of his career, and if he wants to fulfil his potential then he's absolutely right. Hard to argue we should stand in his way, and shows the kind of professional relationship he and McKenna have that they can have these honest conversations without anyone trying to make life hard for each other.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 15:47 - Aug 11 with 2713 viewsBlueBoots

If he does move on this window, I already thanked him in a post I made just before the Bristol Rovers game for what he helped us to achieve last season. Now it seems a bit more likely, I wish him well in the next stage of his career, but if he does end up staying, happy to have a good lad and good player at the club.

I effin' love our squad by BlueBoots 9 Aug 2023 19:15
Seems like an appropriate day to write this post, as quite a few players are making their first appearances of the season this evening.

Having read a few posts on here straight after a hard fought win at Sunderland, was a bit disappointed with some of the reaction (Highlight for me was a thread along the lines of "What have we learned from today's match?", to which one of the replies was that Edmundson and Jackson need replacing...[doh])

Can't remember if it was the same thread, but other posters thought we needed to bin off JD after the game because he gave the ball away a couple of times and didn't stop the cross that came into our box for their goal (at a time when he was probably seeing 2 footballs after being clattered by Hladky and starting to cramp up too). Few digs at Hladky's performance too; most of which seemed to be based on the fact that he isn't Walton. Already mentioned on another thread, but Hladky's reaction at the final whistle is already going into my highlight reel for the season; for me he's done what all good No.2 keepers do - train as if you're going to be playing every week anyway, and if the opportunity comes along to fill in, come in and do an outstanding job.

I think it's fair to say that Walton and Clarke would have likely played if available, but they weren't; just wanted to say how incredibly lucky we are to have players as good as Hladky and JD to step up when needed.

K McK / Ashton have alluded to our transfer policy being to bring in players who are an upgrade on what we have; could it possibly be the reason we aren't seeing signings is because we already have some damn good players (and people) in the building?

So cheers to Edmundson and Baggott who will get chances to fill in for a pair of centre-backs who contributed to a ridiculous run of clean sheets at the end of last season, Evans and Harness who helped us to get off to a flyer at the start of last season, and Ball and Aluko who have come back from injuries to bring their experience at this level to the group for a new season (on and off the pitch) To Jackson for making life hell for any left back who stupidly leaves a few yards of space empty behind him (despite the fact he'd probably prefer to be playing as a centre forward) To Edwards, who is probably desperate to start games, for coming off the bench so many times instead and making tiring opposition defenders wish they were heading in the opposite direction. And lastly to my favourite player Greg Leigh, who I was looking forward to seeing last season after watching the pre-season friendlies, only for us to sign one of the best young left backs in the country a few weeks later; with the kind of shifts our full-backs put in, 9 subs allowed on the bench, and 15 minutes of injury time looking to become the norm in matches, I hope to see more of you this season.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 15:50 - Aug 11 with 2656 viewsMookamoo

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 15:27 - Aug 11 by hype313

Has there been anymore talk of Clarke-Harris?

Edwards plus some change?
Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 15:51 - Aug 11 with 2642 viewshype313

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 15:50 - Aug 11 by Mookamoo

Has there been anymore talk of Clarke-Harris?

Edwards plus some change?

Clarke - Harris is the anthesis of a McKenna signing.

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 15:52 - Aug 11 with 2636 viewskpblues

Shame cos I really liked Kyle Edwards. He was electric and got you off your seat.

He was also a fun guy, always laughing so good for the dressing room.

As another poster said he doesn't suit McKenna's style.
McK. prefers to get through the opposition by passing to the man in space rather than dribbling through.

Given that it's best the Kyle moves on and gets games.

Best of luck to him.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2023 15:56]

Poll: Do you want Ipswich to be a city?

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 16:24 - Aug 11 with 2395 viewsSteve_M

Just a bit of a shame he's not quite delivered consistently but he's been a joy to watch at his best, even of those first couple of matches were slightly unrepresentativ.e. Some critical points won this season, both games against Cambridge stand out for me.

Good luck to him.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 16:32 - Aug 11 with 2329 viewsBigCommon

Had him down as my dark horse to kick on this season.
But looking back over the last 2 years, you'd have to say, that there's been little improvement. He's probably at his ceiling in terms of development. Which makes him a decent L1/ lower Champ standard, imo...
Wish him luck and we move on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024