Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC 15:13 - Aug 11 with 4664 viewsSitfcB

McKenna: Edwards at the Stage Where He Wants to Go and Start More Games 11th Aug 2023 15:45
Blues winger Kyle Edwards wants to move on to a club where he can start more games, manager Kieran McKenna has revealed. 40

[Post edited 11 Aug 2023 15:51]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 16:32 - Aug 11 with 1033 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

McKenna's explanation makes perfect sense but this still feels like a mistake, particularly if he goes permanently. Offers something very different to our other squad players in similar positions. Wish him well regardless, particularly as it seems like he is remaining professional during this uncertainty.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 16:35 - Aug 11 with 1023 viewsSwansea_Blue

Shame. Underused imo and I’ll never understand why Harmess would get the nod over him or Aluko to close games out, when Harness is wasteful with the ball whilst Kyle can push teams back and Aluko has a footballing brain. Obviously I’m missing something, as I doubt I’m as clued up as McKenna (but obviously more than Lamberk).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 16:51 - Aug 11 with 980 viewsnrb1985

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 16:35 - Aug 11 by Swansea_Blue

Shame. Underused imo and I’ll never understand why Harmess would get the nod over him or Aluko to close games out, when Harness is wasteful with the ball whilst Kyle can push teams back and Aluko has a footballing brain. Obviously I’m missing something, as I doubt I’m as clued up as McKenna (but obviously more than Lamberk).

Agree - really a poor move in my opinion to let him go to accommodate Harness and to a lesser extent Aluko.

Harness was a liability against Sunderland and then extremely underwhelming against league one guff on Wednesday. It's been painful watching him stink the place out over the last 6 months or so.

Very very disappointing. Who do we have to bring on to turn a game now? An unproven Hutchison and that's about it.
Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 17:19 - Aug 11 with 943 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Jackson and Harness should go before Edwards. Brings something different and gets the crowd going. Why bring that youngster in from Chelsea and let Edwards go? The youngster isnt up to first team football in the championship, you can already see that.
Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 17:30 - Aug 11 with 910 viewsBloomBlue

He wants to start more games, and unfortunately when here he looks best when coming off the bench. I don't blame him for wanting to start more games, but does demonstrate the challenge of squad players in a championship team. Trying to get a squad of 25 players together with 25 'definite starters' will result in some being unhappy at not starting regularly and want off.
Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 17:54 - Aug 11 with 867 viewsnrb1985

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 17:30 - Aug 11 by BloomBlue

He wants to start more games, and unfortunately when here he looks best when coming off the bench. I don't blame him for wanting to start more games, but does demonstrate the challenge of squad players in a championship team. Trying to get a squad of 25 players together with 25 'definite starters' will result in some being unhappy at not starting regularly and want off.

Like Hladky, he is one injury away (or should be) from being a championship starter.

If you polled this entire board, in my opinion, you'd find the vast majority would want him being first reserve behind Broadhead for that wide left position.

KM for whatever reason can't or won't see what's starring him in the face. Maybe he's an awful trainer or maybe something's gone on behind the scenes. That's only possible reason I can think of because it's quite obvious to most he is a better player than Harness who has troubles with both controlling a football and also passing one.
Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 18:02 - Aug 11 with 854 viewsHerbivore

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 17:54 - Aug 11 by nrb1985

Like Hladky, he is one injury away (or should be) from being a championship starter.

If you polled this entire board, in my opinion, you'd find the vast majority would want him being first reserve behind Broadhead for that wide left position.

KM for whatever reason can't or won't see what's starring him in the face. Maybe he's an awful trainer or maybe something's gone on behind the scenes. That's only possible reason I can think of because it's quite obvious to most he is a better player than Harness who has troubles with both controlling a football and also passing one.

I think you're reading too much into this. He's behind Harness because McKenna, who knows more about football than any of us, rates Harness more highly. In terms of goals and assists, Harness has contributed more in a year than Edwards has managed in two, and he also has more positional discipline and works hard. I'm not his biggest fan and would like to see an upgrade, but let's not make out Edwards is that upgrade, much as he's fun to watch.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 18:12 - Aug 11 with 845 viewsnrb1985

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 18:02 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

I think you're reading too much into this. He's behind Harness because McKenna, who knows more about football than any of us, rates Harness more highly. In terms of goals and assists, Harness has contributed more in a year than Edwards has managed in two, and he also has more positional discipline and works hard. I'm not his biggest fan and would like to see an upgrade, but let's not make out Edwards is that upgrade, much as he's fun to watch.

As I commented elsewhere, just because KM is a brilliant young coach (maybe the best in the country) doesn't mean he gets every call right or can't be scrutinised by fans. Even Pep's history is littered with some high profile f ups - see their CL final lineup inl '21 for example.

I would like to see the below stats for for after Harness returned from injury last year. He had some good games at the beginning of last season but that was 12 months ago and since then he has been miles off it even in league one let alone the championship. Would be really concerned if he isn't replaced and we had to rely on him in the case of a Broadhead injury.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2023 18:12]
Login to get fewer ads

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 18:25 - Aug 11 with 826 viewsHerbivore

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 18:12 - Aug 11 by nrb1985

As I commented elsewhere, just because KM is a brilliant young coach (maybe the best in the country) doesn't mean he gets every call right or can't be scrutinised by fans. Even Pep's history is littered with some high profile f ups - see their CL final lineup inl '21 for example.

I would like to see the below stats for for after Harness returned from injury last year. He had some good games at the beginning of last season but that was 12 months ago and since then he has been miles off it even in league one let alone the championship. Would be really concerned if he isn't replaced and we had to rely on him in the case of a Broadhead injury.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2023 18:12]

Best you email the club and let McKenna know what a terrible error of judgement he's making in having Harness above Edwards in the pecking order.

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 18:26 - Aug 11 with 825 viewsSE1blue

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 17:19 - Aug 11 by Naylorsrightboot

Jackson and Harness should go before Edwards. Brings something different and gets the crowd going. Why bring that youngster in from Chelsea and let Edwards go? The youngster isnt up to first team football in the championship, you can already see that.

I am sad to see Edwards go, mostly as he felt like the very essence of the mood of the club of late. I think he would do well at someone like Barnsley, who are trying to play their way up into the Championship and are easy on the eye.

I used to question Jackson's place in our squad but I think he's improved considerably thanks to McKenna. His delivery into the box is far better than his blind passes of old and his pace will be very welcomed in the Championship where I think he'll get more space as teams come at us.

Harness, I can't see him being consistent enough for us.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2023 18:27]

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 18:39 - Aug 11 with 796 viewsthatbdude

I felt like it was coming. He wasn't on the bench for Sunderland or Bristol Rovers, I honestley believe he isn't suited for McKenna's play style which I am slightly sad about because he is a decent player. I wish him the best and I hope he finds the right club

Poll: Who going down?

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 18:52 - Aug 11 with 779 viewsnrb1985

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 18:25 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

Best you email the club and let McKenna know what a terrible error of judgement he's making in having Harness above Edwards in the pecking order.

Won't need to Son.

The groans from the crowd over the coming months will be signal enough unless he bucks his ideas up.

Out of interest, you rate Harness presumably? Can you let me know then what he's good at? When he last impressed you? Why he's been very poor for 6 months plus? Why since his inury he can't trap a bag of cement? Why Portsmouth fans weren't that fussed he left?

This could save me an email to the club.
Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 19:14 - Aug 11 with 765 viewsyorkshireblue

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 15:41 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

You have to respect Edwards for how he's handled this as well. In some ways, it would be easy for him to stay here where he seems pretty settled and happy, picking up decent money and playing 20 minutes every fortnight. Instead, he's said he needs to be playing regularly at this stage of his career, and if he wants to fulfil his potential then he's absolutely right. Hard to argue we should stand in his way, and shows the kind of professional relationship he and McKenna have that they can have these honest conversations without anyone trying to make life hard for each other.

Firstly, I agree with every word of this.

Secondly - a lot of people saying who they think we should move on ahead instead of Edwards - but it takes two to tango. All very well suggesting we sell Player X instead, but if nobody is interested in Player X we either have to cancel the contract or they stay at the club.

If we say Jackson and Edwards are competing for the same squad spot - and we can get a fee for Edwards, pay out or release Jackson, or keep both but have one/both unhappy surely selling Edwards is the best option? (Not saying either would, just a hypothetical).
Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 20:33 - Aug 11 with 694 viewsHerbivore

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 18:52 - Aug 11 by nrb1985

Won't need to Son.

The groans from the crowd over the coming months will be signal enough unless he bucks his ideas up.

Out of interest, you rate Harness presumably? Can you let me know then what he's good at? When he last impressed you? Why he's been very poor for 6 months plus? Why since his inury he can't trap a bag of cement? Why Portsmouth fans weren't that fussed he left?

This could save me an email to the club.

I think you must have missed the bit where I said I'd like us to upgrade on Harness and you also must have missed the bit where I explained what McKenna sees in him to have him ahead of Edwards in the pecking order. Quite aside from the fact that Edwards hasn't produced enough in his two years here, when he has played well it's mostly been playing on the right rather than the left of the front line. He's not been very effective at all in that inside left role. He has some nice attributes but two years in here he's nowhere closer to even being the first man off the bench let alone pushing for a start, so it's best for all parties that he moves on, much as there's a bit of sadness in seeing him go.

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 22:40 - Aug 11 with 588 viewsN2_Blue

Kyle Edwards set to leave ITFC on 15:50 - Aug 11 by Mookamoo

Has there been anymore talk of Clarke-Harris?

Edwards plus some change?

gosh, i hope not!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024