Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I effin' love our squad 19:15 - Aug 9 with 1260 viewsBlueBoots

Seems like an appropriate day to write this post, as quite a few players are making their first appearances of the season this evening.

Having read a few posts on here straight after a hard fought win at Sunderland, was a bit disappointed with some of the reaction (Highlight for me was a thread along the lines of "What have we learned from today's match?", to which one of the replies was that Edmundson and Jackson need replacing...)

Can't remember if it was the same thread, but other posters thought we needed to bin off JD after the game because he gave the ball away a couple of times and didn't stop the cross that came into our box for their goal (at a time when he was probably seeing 2 footballs after being clattered by Hladky and starting to cramp up too). Few digs at Hladky's performance too; most of which seemed to be based on the fact that he isn't Walton. Already mentioned on another thread, but Hladky's reaction at the final whistle is already going into my highlight reel for the season; for me he's done what all good No.2 keepers do - train as if you're going to be playing every week anyway, and if the opportunity comes along to fill in, come in and do an outstanding job.

I think it's fair to say that Walton and Clarke would have likely played if available, but they weren't; just wanted to say how incredibly lucky we are to have players as good as Hladky and JD to step up when needed.

K McK / Ashton have alluded to our transfer policy being to bring in players who are an upgrade on what we have; could it possibly be the reason we aren't seeing signings is because we already have some damn good players (and people) in the building?

So cheers to Edmundson and Baggott who will get chances to fill in for a pair of centre-backs who contributed to a ridiculous run of clean sheets at the end of last season, Evans and Harness who helped us to get off to a flyer at the start of last season, and Ball and Aluko who have come back from injuries to bring their experience at this level to the group for a new season (on and off the pitch) To Jackson for making life hell for any left back who stupidly leaves a few yards of space empty behind him (despite the fact he'd probably prefer to be playing as a centre forward) To Edwards, who is probably desperate to start games, for coming off the bench so many times instead and making tiring opposition defenders wish they were heading in the opposite direction. And lastly to my favourite player Greg Leigh, who I was looking forward to seeing last season after watching the pre-season friendlies, only for us to sign one of the best young left backs in the country a few weeks later; with the kind of shifts our full-backs put in, 9 subs allowed on the bench, and 15 minutes of injury time looking to become the norm in matches, I hope to see more of you this season.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Good post, but.... on 19:20 - Aug 9 with 1184 viewsBloots

....you should have probably waited to see what happens tonight first!

Hopefully you're correct.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Good post, but.... on 19:34 - Aug 9 with 1116 viewsBlueBoots

Good post, but.... on 19:20 - Aug 9 by Bloots

....you should have probably waited to see what happens tonight first!

Hopefully you're correct.

Even if they all have stinkers tonight, they're still my boys for chipping in towards getting us out of League One purgatory!

I effin' love our squad on 08:06 - Aug 10 with 844 viewsBlueBoots

Started writing that post before the team was announced last night...we've changed the entire starting XI from the weekend (and still couldn't fit in Aluko, Humphreys or Edwards) and put together a scratch team who comfortably got through the first round of the cup.

We're not going to be making wholesale changes like that between Saturday / Midweek league games, but I trust every player who got on the pitch last night to step up the way Hladky and JD did at the weekend if necessary.

I'll say it again...we're very lucky to have put together this group of players, and I effin' love 'em

I effin' love our squad on 08:11 - Aug 10 with 832 viewstextbackup

I effin' love our squad on 08:06 - Aug 10 by BlueBoots

Started writing that post before the team was announced last night...we've changed the entire starting XI from the weekend (and still couldn't fit in Aluko, Humphreys or Edwards) and put together a scratch team who comfortably got through the first round of the cup.

We're not going to be making wholesale changes like that between Saturday / Midweek league games, but I trust every player who got on the pitch last night to step up the way Hladky and JD did at the weekend if necessary.

I'll say it again...we're very lucky to have put together this group of players, and I effin' love 'em

Humphrey’s was quality when he came on, step up on many that started

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I effin' love our squad on 10:07 - Aug 10 with 688 viewsBlueBoots

I effin' love our squad on 08:11 - Aug 10 by textbackup

Humphrey’s was quality when he came on, step up on many that started

The lad has already shown signs that he's going to be a proper footballer; torn between keeping him here, and letting him go out on loan, as I think playing somewhere week in / week out will take him up a level (as it did with El Miz)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024