Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know this forum has had its moments… 23:29 - Jul 13 with 4118 viewsRKD

… but this thread (which I know has been addressed before) is off the scale.

Their obsession with Mark Ashton goes beyond what can be expected of a football club, and the obligatory niche following of ‘eccentric enthusiasts of the club’.

75 pages of clutching at straws. It is nothing more than a bizarre crescendo of spite and resentment that has resulted in Bristol City fans having to pull their piers up on jokes about MND and the DarbyRimmer organisation. Thankfully none of the comments are particularly malicious, but a significant level of uncouthness for an objectively good cause is hard to overlook in my opinion.

Really hope that Blue Action pull out a gigantic Ashton display for their trip to Portman Road. No problems with them being disproportionally bitter about an old owner of theirs, but this crosses a line for me.

Edit - link to thread

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/213244-the-office-uk-ipswich-town-editio
[Post edited 13 Jul 2023 23:35]

Poll: Edwards goal - shot or cross?

I know this forum has had its moments… on 23:34 - Jul 13 with 3567 viewsgainsboroughblue

It's obviously had a revival then. When I had a peek last week, that thread had slipped off page one and appeared to have plateaued at a mere 74 pages.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

I know this forum has had its moments… on 23:34 - Jul 13 with 3558 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Did you forget to add something?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

I know this forum has had its moments… on 23:40 - Jul 13 with 3529 viewsSitfcB

Ashton must’ve shagged that ‘DaveFevs’ wife or something.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I know this forum has had its moments… on 23:57 - Jul 13 with 3479 viewsthe_toff

Looks like one chump (and more in relation to the charity name than the cause) followed by a handful of others calling him out. Nothing to see here.
I know this forum has had its moments… on 00:03 - Jul 14 with 3458 viewsGuthrum

I know this forum has had its moments… on 23:40 - Jul 13 by SitfcB

Ashton must’ve shagged that ‘DaveFevs’ wife or something.

No, Ashton destroyed Bristol City. So badly they got a 5,000 point deduction, were relegated to the South Bristol Schools Under 12 League and banned from ever signing players again. Or had one managerial appointment which didn't quite work out, or something.

Destroyed, I tell you!

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I know this forum has had its moments… on 00:18 - Jul 14 with 3413 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hell hath no fury like a Robin scorned

Some seem reasonable, but there’s a lot who’ve got him living rent free in their heads. It’s not the end of the world going from L1 to lower mid table whilst gaining a refurbished stadium to set themselves up for the future. A bit of hope not realised I suppose, so I can understand some frustration, but not this much.

Imagine how they’d cope with being relegated twice after stadium refurbishments, or administration, or ending up in L1 after an owner who couldn’t give a feck about maintaining facilities let alone improving them. Bunch of flouncing Marys

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I know this forum has had its moments… on 00:24 - Jul 14 with 3407 viewsSwansea_Blue

I know this forum has had its moments… on 00:03 - Jul 14 by Guthrum

No, Ashton destroyed Bristol City. So badly they got a 5,000 point deduction, were relegated to the South Bristol Schools Under 12 League and banned from ever signing players again. Or had one managerial appointment which didn't quite work out, or something.

Destroyed, I tell you!

It’d be understandable if they were used to doing well, but over the last 42 years they’ve only finished higher than they did when he was there in 1 other season (and then only by a little bit). And they didn’t get a shiny new ground then. And yeah, pretty much all clubs struggle financially in the Championship - duh!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I know this forum has had its moments… on 00:36 - Jul 14 with 3379 viewsOldsmoker

OTIB* think that Nigel Pearson is the biz.
He's a builder.
He arrived in Feb 2021 and he's still building - albeit very very slowly.
For some reason they like this.
They ignore his temper that puts good players training with the u18's 'cos for whatever reason.
They are makeweights - much like we used to be under Evans.
They will never threaten the top 6 or the bottom 3 and their season will mathematically be dead in April but realistically it was over before Easter.
4 points for Town.

* there's 2 teams in Bristol and Rovers with Joey Barton are never off the back page.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Login to get fewer ads

I know this forum has had its moments… on 01:23 - Jul 14 with 3332 viewsIllinoisblue

The lad doubling down on the Darby Rimmer name needs a good shoeing. Also, lol at them all mocking us for paying “4.5m” for Hirst.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I know this forum has had its moments… on 06:22 - Jul 14 with 3132 viewsKieran_Knows

Honestly, I’ve despised that club for a good number of years now. Absolute nothing football club getting above their station.

D!ckhead fans for a cnût of a club.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I know this forum has had its moments… on 06:51 - Jul 14 with 3025 viewsChurchman

I know this forum has had its moments… on 01:23 - Jul 14 by Illinoisblue

The lad doubling down on the Darby Rimmer name needs a good shoeing. Also, lol at them all mocking us for paying “4.5m” for Hirst.

I noticed that bonehead tried to wheedle out of it by suggesting it was the name that was funny, not the cause rather than putting his hand up and admitting his ignorance on Darby Rimmer. Tbf, one or two of the oddballs did trample on him for mocking it.

75 pages and counting on a club the other side of the country, all because an employee resigned from their club to work there. It’s very strange. Given they’re at the pinnacle of their existence (bar a couple of seasons in the old Div 1) you’d think they’d be focussed on that.
I know this forum has had its moments… on 07:41 - Jul 14 with 2867 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

They all seem very excited that we're "wasting" £4.5m on Hirst. Good job we got him for £1.5m then.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

I know this forum has had its moments… on 07:49 - Jul 14 with 2854 viewsNthQldITFC

I nearly choked on me sour grapes a few days ago when I saw that it had spilled over onto the Leicester forum!

It’s all over the socials, Phil, get it online and get your hits. (n/t) by NthQldITFC 11 Jul 2023 21:52
I just had a quick shufti on the Leicester forum for any info on Hirst and was amazed and delighted to see a spillover of Brizzle City fandom, guess what, having a pop at Mark Ashton on there too!

Perhaps their server is full?

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/132060-the-championship-thread-20232024/page/14/#comment-6962845

They must've added a new hard drive to their server now, perhaps from here?: https://store.ashtonoffice.co.uk/hard-disks

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

I know this forum has had its moments… on 09:19 - Jul 14 with 2586 viewsJ2BLUE

Please, please, please, please, PLEASE let Marcus Evans buy them.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I know this forum has had its moments… on 09:27 - Jul 14 with 2556 viewsGuthrum

I know this forum has had its moments… on 07:49 - Jul 14 by NthQldITFC

I nearly choked on me sour grapes a few days ago when I saw that it had spilled over onto the Leicester forum!

It’s all over the socials, Phil, get it online and get your hits. (n/t) by NthQldITFC 11 Jul 2023 21:52
I just had a quick shufti on the Leicester forum for any info on Hirst and was amazed and delighted to see a spillover of Brizzle City fandom, guess what, having a pop at Mark Ashton on there too!

Perhaps their server is full?

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/132060-the-championship-thread-20232024/page/14/#comment-6962845

They must've added a new hard drive to their server now, perhaps from here?: https://store.ashtonoffice.co.uk/hard-disks

And which CEO of Bristol City appointed Nigel Pearson?? Their mental gymnastics are astounding.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I know this forum has had its moments… on 09:29 - Jul 14 with 2540 viewsBlueandTruesince82

The year is 2545, Bristol City are relegated to League 1 for the 1st time in many fans living memory, who is to blame? A look at a BCFC forum tells us tbe answer. That's right, Mark Ashton did it.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

I know this forum has had its moments… on 09:39 - Jul 14 with 2472 viewsKeno

I know this forum has had its moments… on 09:29 - Jul 14 by BlueandTruesince82

The year is 2545, Bristol City are relegated to League 1 for the 1st time in many fans living memory, who is to blame? A look at a BCFC forum tells us tbe answer. That's right, Mark Ashton did it.

Pah!!! Things Ashton is to blame for, for starters

Wagon Wheels being too small
That little sub thing near the titantic
Huw Edwards & Philip Schofield
Global Warming
Scotland
Vegans

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I know this forum has had its moments… on 09:39 - Jul 14 with 2474 viewsArnoldMoorhen

It's weird, but my theory is it is a displacement activity. They obsess about Ashton because they can't face the real reason for their feelings of inadequacy:

The shared collective memory of the summer when they each were 14 and went to a Fancy Dress disco as Robins, and the girls gave their attention to the bad boys dressed as Pirates.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2023 9:48]
I know this forum has had its moments… on 09:41 - Jul 14 with 2468 viewsJ4ck22

It's absolute madness. Even we're not that bitter towards Marcus Evans and he did a far worse job on us than Ashton did to them. I couldn't imagine a 75 page thread on here bashing Evans if he bought another club.
I know this forum has had its moments… on 09:50 - Jul 14 with 2414 viewsKeno

I know this forum has had its moments… on 09:39 - Jul 14 by ArnoldMoorhen

It's weird, but my theory is it is a displacement activity. They obsess about Ashton because they can't face the real reason for their feelings of inadequacy:

The shared collective memory of the summer when they each were 14 and went to a Fancy Dress disco as Robins, and the girls gave their attention to the bad boys dressed as Pirates.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2023 9:48]

when you say "their feelings of inadequacy"

is that a euphemism for 'their small dicks"

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I know this forum has had its moments… on 09:55 - Jul 14 with 2376 viewshomer_123

I know this forum has had its moments… on 09:41 - Jul 14 by J4ck22

It's absolute madness. Even we're not that bitter towards Marcus Evans and he did a far worse job on us than Ashton did to them. I couldn't imagine a 75 page thread on here bashing Evans if he bought another club.

The one redeeming thing with Evans.....he wrote off the debt.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I know this forum has had its moments… on 10:05 - Jul 14 with 2340 viewstextbackup

At the euro semi final a group of Bristol city chaps outside the globe pub were ripping into him… they couldn’t seem to understand that I was only willing to judge him on what he does at ITFC and didn’t care about his previous clubs.

Different circumstances here to what he was doing at bcfc.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I know this forum has had its moments… on 10:12 - Jul 14 with 2303 viewsChurchman

I know this forum has had its moments… on 09:39 - Jul 14 by Keno

Pah!!! Things Ashton is to blame for, for starters

Wagon Wheels being too small
That little sub thing near the titantic
Huw Edwards & Philip Schofield
Global Warming
Scotland
Vegans

When Julius Caesar got stabbed his last words apart from ‘ouch’ were (by Shakespeare) ‘And you Brutus’.

Brutus is of course Latin for Ashton. Gets about a bit, our CEO.
I know this forum has had its moments… on 10:24 - Jul 14 with 2272 viewsSitfcB

I know this forum has had its moments… on 10:05 - Jul 14 by textbackup

At the euro semi final a group of Bristol city chaps outside the globe pub were ripping into him… they couldn’t seem to understand that I was only willing to judge him on what he does at ITFC and didn’t care about his previous clubs.

Different circumstances here to what he was doing at bcfc.

Obviously no one is allowed to learn from their mistakes according to them!

Ashton really have to tow the line here anyway, because if he f’cks up the owners won’t be happy and would get rid. I think that’s why Mike O’Leary is here as well, just to keep an eye on him and keep him in check if needs be.

He’s been here two years now and can’t really say we’ve had one problem? Some of them point towards a couple of flops from the first transfer window (Pigott and Harper) but when you sign 19 players there’s going to be a few that don’t work out, whoever and whoever is in charge.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2023 11:00]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I know this forum has had its moments… on 10:34 - Jul 14 with 2208 viewsBlueandTruesince82

I know this forum has had its moments… on 10:24 - Jul 14 by SitfcB

Obviously no one is allowed to learn from their mistakes according to them!

Ashton really have to tow the line here anyway, because if he f’cks up the owners won’t be happy and would get rid. I think that’s why Mike O’Leary is here as well, just to keep an eye on him and keep him in check if needs be.

He’s been here two years now and can’t really say we’ve had one problem? Some of them point towards a couple of flops from the first transfer window (Pigott and Harper) but when you sign 19 players there’s going to be a few that don’t work out, whoever and whoever is in charge.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2023 11:00]

The best thing about all of this is that every home game they have to go to Ashton Gate

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024