Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true 13:10 - Jun 15 with 6580 viewsAsa

Four time Town loanee Jonny Williams is still in his 20's.
Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 23:05 - Jun 15 with 2100 viewsTrequartista

Our lowest league gate in the 3rd tier last season (21,948 v Morecambe) was more than our highest league gate in the 1st tier in 1985/86 (20,551 v Liverpool)

[Post edited 15 Jun 2023 23:09]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 23:22 - Jun 15 with 2057 viewsMach_foreignBlue

The large percent of our fans made our players not accountable for the relegation back in 2019 and its manner. Add to this the next bleak couple of seasons in League One.

When the relegation was confirmed the entire SBR stand (or vast majority of it) applauded them for lack of fight and desire.
Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 23:34 - Jun 15 with 2040 viewsPhilTWTD

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 22:35 - Jun 15 by Epiphone

I missed that thread,another myth about the great man shattered!

Ha! I had a look for it but couldn't find it unfortunately. Someone else may have better luck.
Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 23:36 - Jun 15 with 2032 viewsPhilTWTD

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 22:14 - Jun 15 by burnbudgiesburn

Laurie Sivell, and I was going for Magilton, but the Wright stat makes it even more impressive.

Ah yes, Laurie Sivell. Nice symmetry that they're both keepers.
Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 00:02 - Jun 16 with 2000 viewsTalkingBlues

ITFC have never been beaten at home in European Competition, despite playing in all 3 major European club competitions and hosting teams such as Real Madrid, Barcelona and AC Milan, none could beat us at fortress PR.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2023 0:07]

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 00:05 - Jun 16 with 1990 viewsEpiphone

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 23:22 - Jun 15 by Mach_foreignBlue

The large percent of our fans made our players not accountable for the relegation back in 2019 and its manner. Add to this the next bleak couple of seasons in League One.

When the relegation was confirmed the entire SBR stand (or vast majority of it) applauded them for lack of fight and desire.

Made even worse by the singing of “Three Little Birds” ……absolutely pitiful.Talk about going out with a whimper.
Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 00:53 - Jun 16 with 1948 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 00:05 - Jun 16 by Epiphone

Made even worse by the singing of “Three Little Birds” ……absolutely pitiful.Talk about going out with a whimper.

Going out with a whimper .... that didn't stop the large number of our fanbase from treating those weasels like heroes. It was never their fault for some. It was all about blaming Hurst/Lambert/Cook for them.
Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 04:58 - Jun 16 with 1880 viewsphillymark

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 21:13 - Jun 15 by ArnoldMoorhen

And yet was only sporadically considered good enough for Scotland.

29 caps! That's just over half what Eric Dier has for England, to put it into context.

Also criminally left on the bench in a crucial game versus Germany in Paris
Login to get fewer ads

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 06:27 - Jun 16 with 1847 viewsstickymockwell

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 21:42 - Jun 15 by PhilTWTD

I'll have a stab at that. Mick Mills and, I was going to say Richard Wright, and actually he was on the books until 2012!

Mick Mills and Richard Naylor?

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 06:42 - Jun 16 with 1832 viewswkj

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 13:37 - Jun 15 by Mookamoo

We're paying Paul Lambert to not be our manager for another 2 years
[Post edited 15 Jun 2023 13:37]

This one deserves more than just an upvote - well played

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 07:05 - Jun 16 with 1820 viewsBlueNomad

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 22:14 - Jun 15 by Keno

Didn’t we have a Centre back who played schoolboy rugby for England?
[Post edited 15 Jun 2023 22:22]

Russell Osman
Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 07:10 - Jun 16 with 1817 viewswkj

Town on high alert as mobsters show up at training ground looking for Michael Chopra

Jimmy Bullard dazzles following his loan signing to Ipswich Town. Jimmy Bullard fails to inspire following his transfer to Ipswich Town.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 07:29 - Jun 16 with 1795 viewsPique

John Wark made his debut against the Leeds team of Billy Bremner and Johnny Giles, and played his testimonial against the Arsenal team of Dennis Bergkamp and Ian Wright.

It's like starting off playing guitar for Led Zeppelin and ending up playing for Oasis.
Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 07:52 - Jun 16 with 1779 viewsmarcus1642

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 21:32 - Jun 15 by Melford

We rejected Gazza and Ruud Gullit.

.....and Charlie Nicholas. Him of Arsenal fame.
Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 08:09 - Jun 16 with 1761 viewsChurchman

Ipswich Town lifted the original 1914 FA Cup Trophy in 1978.

There are three and the original, while still used for events, is no longer used for the final. It kept getting damaged and is too fragile. I got the chance to pick it up once. It’s heavy!

When Ipswich Town we’re first formed, they used the Inkerman pub to get changed.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2023 16:30]
Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 08:26 - Jun 16 with 1743 viewsRobTheMonk

I recently found out that if there's no Bajner, then there is indeed, no party.
Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 08:31 - Jun 16 with 1726 viewsKeno

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 07:05 - Jun 16 by BlueNomad

Russell Osman

I wondered who else would get that

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 09:09 - Jun 16 with 1683 viewsdirtyboy

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 00:53 - Jun 16 by Mach_foreignBlue

Going out with a whimper .... that didn't stop the large number of our fanbase from treating those weasels like heroes. It was never their fault for some. It was all about blaming Hurst/Lambert/Cook for them.

Without wanting to derail the thread, the buck stops at the top.

I never saw a player for us 'not try' that season, they were just not good enough.

Who's to blame for a team of players not good enough? Hurst/Lambert, one could argue Evans for perhaps not providing the resources (players/staff/otherwise).

Up or down.
Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 09:32 - Jun 16 with 1651 viewsMeadowlark

March 23 1933 Hitler was effectively declared dictator in Germany. What is the significance to us, I hear you say?
From when we won the FA Cup until today, is the same time span as back from that win to that day in Germany.
Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 11:32 - Jun 16 with 1570 viewsGeoffSentence

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 21:18 - Jun 15 by Keno

Were it not for a cruel twist of fate Phil Ham could have been Towns superstar left back

It is quite incredible just how made up some of these true facts sound when you say them out load.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 11:37 - Jun 16 with 1551 viewsse20blue

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 21:30 - Jun 15 by stickymockwell

Jonathan Douglas suffered with Polio. At least it looked like he did!

Was that a consequence of having Natalie Sawyer as a partner ?
Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 11:38 - Jun 16 with 1543 viewsGeoffSentence

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 08:26 - Jun 16 by RobTheMonk

I recently found out that if there's no Bajner, then there is indeed, no party.

I went to a party where there was no Bajner, but there was a banjo, so maybe that as close enough.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 14:16 - Jun 16 with 1428 viewsMickeyMills

Gus Uhlenbeek came up with the recipe for Um Bongo, ironically enough when he was on holiday in The Congo.
Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 16:41 - Jun 16 with 1339 viewsChurchman

Ipswich Town were the only professional club not to kick a ball in World War Two. The article, published in the EADT last November is worth a re-read not least because it has some great pics. I ha no idea that they played in blue and white stripes until well into the 1930s.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/23115462.ipswich-town-unique-story-itfc-world-war-t
[Post edited 16 Jun 2023 23:49]
Inspired by a similar Twitter trend - ITFC facts that sound made up but are true on 16:51 - Jun 16 with 1325 viewsBlueBoots

Under Roy Keane's management, Ipswich went on a run of 53 matches (over 14 months) without back-to-back league defeats.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024