Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! 09:13 - May 9 with 5388 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Such a shame that the council ruined what could have been a really lovely event by sticking parking tickets on every car within half a mile of the park.

Yesterday was meant to be a time of celebration. It was a couple of hours. Turn a blind eye FFS.

No wonder the town centre is dying when braindead bureaucrats trample on any attempt to get people out into the town by issuing parking fines and/or charging extortionate amounts for official parking.

But not only that... absolutely no refreshment stands, alcohol banned, and over-enthusiastic stewards clamping down on the "no flare" ruling.

Typical council bulls***!

I pity Mark Ashton having to deal with these absolute jobsworths when trying to get planning permission for any development to our stadium.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 09:15 - May 9 with 3639 viewsSaleAway

Did this really need another thread?

Mark Ashton will actually work within council rules, rather than building a new stand on council land, and then complaining if they told him that he'd breached planning laws.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 09:20 - May 9 with 3550 viewswkj

Did Celina's dad get a ticket by chance?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 09:21 - May 9 with 3538 viewsThatMuhrenCross

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 09:15 - May 9 by SaleAway

Did this really need another thread?

Mark Ashton will actually work within council rules, rather than building a new stand on council land, and then complaining if they told him that he'd breached planning laws.

Spoken like a true civil servant!

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 09:26 - May 9 with 3477 viewsbournemouthblue

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 09:21 - May 9 by ThatMuhrenCross

Spoken like a true civil servant!

Not that anyone who works for the Council is a Civil Servant of course

If the Council agreed to flout parking rules for 24 hours, that would have been great but why would they set a precedent for this?

Presumably they don't do the same for the Christchurch Park fireworks for example?

The council run car parks, aren't actually that expensive, it's the NCP ones you need to avoid
[Post edited 9 May 2023 9:27]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 09:28 - May 9 with 3423 viewsbluelou

how are they overenthusiastic if there was a "no-flare" ruling?

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 09:32 - May 9 with 3390 viewsGeoffSentence

Bank Holidays can be a bit of a bvgger like this as the normal weekday parking rules are in place but it feels like, and most people assume, that they shouldn't be.

Would be better if Sunday parking rules universally applied on bank holidays.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 09:33 - May 9 with 3379 viewsZx1988

If the council clearly state that no flares will be allowed, why should people expect to be able to flout the rules?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 09:36 - May 9 with 3341 viewsjone

That’s the problem with our Labour Council! It has never had any clue as to how to interact with the local community. Wastes money on meaningless projects, such as investing in property in Peterborough and spending £0,000’s on restoring old buildings which no one wants.
Login to get fewer ads

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 09:39 - May 9 with 3299 viewsGeoffSentence

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 09:36 - May 9 by jone

That’s the problem with our Labour Council! It has never had any clue as to how to interact with the local community. Wastes money on meaningless projects, such as investing in property in Peterborough and spending £0,000’s on restoring old buildings which no one wants.

I like old buildings to be restored. A lot of people do. Maintaining your heritage is an important part of a beautiful, thriving location. Failing to do so just leads to a cascading loss of civic pride and a dour, grim place to live.

Imagine what places like York or Norwich would be like to day if they didnt bother to maintain and restore old buildings.
[Post edited 9 May 2023 9:39]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 09:41 - May 9 with 3249 viewsyesjohn99

I caught the bus.
F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 09:45 - May 9 with 3218 viewsStokieBlue

So in summary, there were rules and you didn't want to follow them.

Not really sure it's the council that has the issue here. I'm also not sure why you expect them to waive the rules, that would set a huge precedence.

They did after all, allow and organise a celebration at very short notice for people to attend and enjoy.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 09:51 - May 9 with 3168 viewsxrayspecs

Ruined? really? Looks like a lot of folk had a really good day out celebrating.

If folks break parking restrictions, then they need to take responsibility rather than bleat. Plenty of parking in Town, which is easy walking distance of Park.

If flares are not allowed, then no problem with stewards enforcing rules. I am also sure fans can live without alcohol for two hours.
F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 09:53 - May 9 with 3147 viewsNeedhamChris

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 09:45 - May 9 by StokieBlue

Not really sure it's the council that has the issue here. I'm also not sure why you expect them to waive the rules, that would set a huge precedence.

They did after all, allow and organise a celebration at very short notice for people to attend and enjoy.

SB

Yeah that's my view. Sounds harsh and unsupportive but I don't think the council have done anything wrong here.

https://allevents.in/ipswich/christchurch%20park

There a lot of events in the park and football isn't everyone's priority (even if I can't relate to that!). What makes an ITFC event more worthy of the rules being waived than any other event? Agree with you about the precedence that might set.

If people are challenging the need to pay and park more widely - then that's a fair view but I'd be interested in hearing how they make up the lost revenue the council gets from their car parks, park and ride etc. As well as what local residents are supposed to do when they're spaces are taken.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 10:13 - May 9 with 3032 viewsFunge

Yeah, bit surprised that there weren't a couple of burger vans there, or similar, and the alcohol ban seemed a little OTT (it was midday); that said, there were plenty of kids there, which is obviously a very good thing.

One little kid with a helluva voice belting out 'Super Kieran McKenna' during the speeches made me smile; future Blue Action member right there...!

Smoke bomb debate has been done to death on here before; to be fair, I can understand the thinking behind it.

It was a lovely event tho - getting the young girl (Freya Cox?) on stage with Morsy to give all the medals out was a very classy touch.
F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 10:29 - May 9 with 2874 viewsJakeITFC

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 09:45 - May 9 by StokieBlue

SB

I think if the council deliberately put wardens out to look for tickets in that area then it is very much against the spirit of the day.
F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 10:31 - May 9 with 2820 viewsBig_Jase

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 10:13 - May 9 by Funge

Yeah, bit surprised that there weren't a couple of burger vans there, or similar, and the alcohol ban seemed a little OTT (it was midday); that said, there were plenty of kids there, which is obviously a very good thing.

One little kid with a helluva voice belting out 'Super Kieran McKenna' during the speeches made me smile; future Blue Action member right there...!

Smoke bomb debate has been done to death on here before; to be fair, I can understand the thinking behind it.

It was a lovely event tho - getting the young girl (Freya Cox?) on stage with Morsy to give all the medals out was a very classy touch.

Would assume due the short notice, burger vans etc had probably already booked themselves up for other events.

I think alcohol ban is OTT. On Summer evenings I’ve had plenty of cans with mates in CCP.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 10:32 - May 9 with 2783 viewswkj

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 10:31 - May 9 by Big_Jase

Would assume due the short notice, burger vans etc had probably already booked themselves up for other events.

I think alcohol ban is OTT. On Summer evenings I’ve had plenty of cans with mates in CCP.

You can almost be assured it is a licensing thing

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 10:33 - May 9 with 2782 viewsBig_Jase

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 10:29 - May 9 by JakeITFC

I think if the council deliberately put wardens out to look for tickets in that area then it is very much against the spirit of the day.

Council Wardens patrol the whole of Ipswich Monday - Saturday. They were on my road yesterday and ticketed several people like they normally would on a “normal” Monday.

They also do this on bank holidays, my road/area you see them all the time. They wouldn’t have been sent there specifically to get anyone. They all have a patch they patrol.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 10:34 - May 9 with 2768 viewsZx1988

I suppose it's a question of the nature of the event.

I can completely why understand a football celebration, wanting to go for an inclusive and family-friendly vibe, might be subject to an alcohol ban.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 10:34 - May 9 with 2773 viewsxrayspecs

Sorry, traffic wardens are there to ensure parking restrictions are adhered to. When there is a large number of folk expected in Town - match days too, then you need more traffic wardens on duty not less.

The parking restrictions are to protect local residents, which is perfectly reasonable.

Fans can simply park in Town and walk.
F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 10:34 - May 9 with 2756 viewsxrayspecs

May not have had time to apply for a licence.
F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 10:39 - May 9 with 2706 viewsStokieBlue

I don't think any evidence has been posted that the wardens were acting differently or more numerous that any other day?

In the end the rules are there for a reason, why should an ITFC event mean they should be waived?

It's an incredibly fan-centric way of looking at things.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 10:42 - May 9 with 2684 viewsCityBlue

Firstly the preferred option (and even by the council) was to hold the ceremony in the traditional manner by holding it in the ton center, Cornhill - a plan that was knocked back by the Police due to concerns over numbers and lack of available resources following the coronation celebrations that had a drain on resources. The next best was to hold an event (free) in the park that the IBC Events team were able to spin up in record time and did a great job.
Parking in the vicinity of Christchurch Park is an age old problem and as a resident of the "Golden Triangle" there are numerous challenges and concerns when large numbers descend onto compact residential areas and park all over the place with no regard for existing restrictions or indeed road user (both vehicle and pedestrian) welfare.
The lack of alcohol was most likely down to ability to raise relevant alcohol licenses and have sufficient safety staff and light policing for the inevitable drunks. I was also state that the use of flares in large public gatherings is an absolute recipe for disaster...that's why they are banned from football stadiums!

I T I D

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 10:44 - May 9 with 2643 viewsmonkeymagic

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 10:13 - May 9 by Funge

Freia’s Dad is an old mate of mine. They are both ardent Town fans and go to plenty of aways as well as all home fixtures. One of his lads is a regular too. By all accounts the club have been very good to them, particularly Ashton, and some of the players also keep in touch, especially Wolfie.
Freia’s Dad can be seen in a green top invading the pitch after the Atkins winner V Oxford, he was a red head back then before the shave off. TWTD!
F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 10:46 - May 9 with 2627 viewsSitfcB

Yep, on a normal day you can sit in the park and have a tinnie or two, and even probably set off a smoke bomb if you wanted.

Looked like a good location tbf, I’d say better than the Cornhill, get a lot more people in. Next year they can have the open top bus parade with it ending in the park and have it in the same location.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024