Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All the more sweeter 09:44 - May 1 with 6716 viewssuffolkpuncher

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/317548-ipswich-oh-dear-oh-dear/
All the more sweeter on 09:52 - May 1 with 4546 viewsJ2BLUE

There was a lot of similar stuff on Twitter from Plymouth fans saying enjoy the play offs etc.

To be honest, once it's all done, I would be more than happy not to hear from either fan base again until we cross paths again.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

All the more sweeter on 09:53 - May 1 with 4534 viewsLeoMuff

a thread that has aged catastrophically 😂

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

All the more sweeter on 10:00 - May 1 with 4452 viewsVegtablue

All the more sweeter on 09:52 - May 1 by J2BLUE

There was a lot of similar stuff on Twitter from Plymouth fans saying enjoy the play offs etc.

To be honest, once it's all done, I would be more than happy not to hear from either fan base again until we cross paths again.

Don't see us staying in touch personally lol
All the more sweeter on 10:04 - May 1 with 4381 viewsMJallday

I’ve just read that entire thread

Wow.

If you want a good read, knowing what you know now - I urge you to

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

All the more sweeter on 10:06 - May 1 with 4350 viewsLankHenners

Fair to say around that time we had some weapons on here crying and wailing, throwing their toys out the pram which made us look like a bunch of irrational thickos to any opposition fan browsing the forum.

Saying that, it's quite fun reading threads like that after knowing what subsequently unfolded. Some sensible posts there but also a lot of hubris and frankly daft comments. Hard not to smile at the predictions that we'd drop points against Forest Green.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

All the more sweeter on 10:17 - May 1 with 4253 viewsbazza

All the more sweeter on 09:52 - May 1 by J2BLUE

It Will be the fans of the next set of promotion contending rivals we will be hearing from next season..
All the more sweeter on 10:18 - May 1 with 4242 viewswkj

I bet this bloke is sh*tting himself now, worried that he might be proven right (about the playoffs bit)
[Post edited 1 May 2023 10:22]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

All the more sweeter on 10:18 - May 1 with 4243 viewsclive_baker

‘Luongo was massively ill-advised in the summer. He'd been injury prone his entire time with us excluding the second half of last season. He'd got himself ticking, playing with some good players and was offered a new contract. He was holding on for the Championship and we rightly pulled back on the offer. Just a ridiculous decision from him. He should have given us another year at least given his injury problems with us.

Because of this he hasn't had a pre-season and is miles off the pace. He's now ended up pretty much wasting an entire year of his career and is back in League One with a team below us in the table. Absolutely no logic in his decision process….’

I bet Massimo’s kicking himself.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

All the more sweeter on 10:23 - May 1 with 4168 viewsstrikalite

All the more sweeter on 10:04 - May 1 by MJallday

I’ve just read that entire thread

Wow.

If you want a good read, knowing what you know now - I urge you to

Someone needs to bring that back to life for them now..
All the more sweeter on 10:24 - May 1 with 4150 viewsMetal_Hacker

Roll on Thursday’s 5 a side !

Poll: If it were one or the other

All the more sweeter on 10:26 - May 1 with 4120 viewswkj

All the more sweeter on 10:23 - May 1 by strikalite

It would be quite the WKJ style of bump

All the more sweeter on 10:27 - May 1 with 4105 viewsclive_baker

All the more sweeter on 10:23 - May 1 by strikalite

A simple ‘shouldn’t laugh’ would round that thread off perfectly.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

All the more sweeter on 10:29 - May 1 with 4086 viewsHipsterectomy

"Ipswich need to hit about 2.33 points per game in there remaining fixtures to hit 92 points.
To compare we need 1.69 points per gain to hit 92.

They are totally out of it IMO and he look like being this seasons Plymouth from last season. I think they could easily drop out of the top six in the next few weeks."

lol, lmao even

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

All the more sweeter on 10:35 - May 1 with 4026 viewsMetal_Hacker

Poll: If it were one or the other

I ACTUALLY think that thread should be more something that we reflect on as Town on 10:40 - May 1 with 3976 viewsunstableblue

… fans, than something to mock Sheff Weds fan base about (although that is also rather fun!)

Around that time there were blog posts, threads all questioning McKenna, questioning whether we should bin the ‘tippy tappy’, that it was be the biggest catastrophe in the clubs history if we didn’t make automatics

And all McKenna and the ownership team asked at the time was trust the process

It was going to take time, we may well not have gotten promoted this season. But what? you wanted to chuck McKenna out?

I was there at Bristol Rovers next to the group abusing Morsy… they were morons… same group had been abusing Jackson when warming up because they thought he was sh!t.

Thank God things turned and we got the players to sort the deficiencies in time.

But man as a fan base we were close to messing things royally up.

Let’s reflect on that going forward, there will be ups and downs in the championship, it’s another level.

Back the team, the club and the project. Remembers how you feel now. As McKenna says enjoy the ride.

And also the old ‘well we have gone more direct! McKenna had to change.’ Argument. Listen to the manager we were changing in game already… but we were getting hit by a double whammy of low blocks and a lack of players with a cutting edge. Clarke, Lunongo and Broadhead fixed it. But they may not have been sourced till this summer.

Patience. Belief… and don’t connect this management team with the amateur hour we had before!!
[Post edited 1 May 2023 11:33]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

All the more sweeter on 10:46 - May 1 with 3912 viewshatch

That is painfully good to read. This never happens to Ipswich.

Please someone bump that thread. I beg of you.
All the more sweeter on 10:50 - May 1 with 3863 viewsNthQldITFC

All the more sweeter on 10:00 - May 1 by Vegtablue

Don't see us staying in touch personally lol

Neither friends nor f. buddies, I suspect!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

All the more sweeter on 10:50 - May 1 with 3864 viewsSteve_M

The most prescient point on there is the poster who said that a fit Luongo was exactly what we were lacking. Plenty advising others not to be carried away with a long way to go and at least one prepared to note that we had spells outplaying them at PR whilst the rest only noted those where they outplayed us.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

All the more sweeter on 10:52 - May 1 with 3832 viewswkj

All the more sweeter on 10:50 - May 1 by Steve_M

The most prescient point on there is the poster who said that a fit Luongo was exactly what we were lacking. Plenty advising others not to be carried away with a long way to go and at least one prepared to note that we had spells outplaying them at PR whilst the rest only noted those where they outplayed us.

(and the bloke predicting a Derby vs Barnsley playoff final)

All the more sweeter on 10:53 - May 1 with 3827 viewsBigCommon

This is why I won't cry if they lose in play offs... This sort of thing went on for weeks all over SM... So when we get asked on here " do you have any sympathy for SW?"...Its a very easy , " no", from me...
I ACTUALLY think that thread should be more something that we reflect on as Town on 11:23 - May 1 with 3603 viewsstonojnr

I ACTUALLY think that thread should be more something that we reflect on as Town on 10:40 - May 1 by unstableblue

… fans, than something to mock Sheff Weds fan base about (although that is also rather fun!)

Around that time there were blog posts, threads all questioning McKenna, questioning whether we should bin the ‘tippy tappy’, that it was be the biggest catastrophe in the clubs history if we didn’t make automatics

And all McKenna and the ownership team asked at the time was trust the process

It was going to take time, we may well not have gotten promoted this season. But what? you wanted to chuck McKenna out?

I was there at Bristol Rovers next to the group abusing Morsy… they were morons… same group had been abusing Jackson when warming up because they thought he was sh!t.

Thank God things turned and we got the players to sort the deficiencies in time.

But man as a fan base we were close to messing things royally up.

Let’s reflect on that going forward, there will be ups and downs in the championship, it’s another level.

Back the team, the club and the project. Remembers how you feel now. As McKenna says enjoy the ride.

And also the old ‘well we have gone more direct! McKenna had to change.’ Argument. Listen to the manager we were changing in game already… but we were getting hit by a double whammy of low blocks and a lack of players with a cutting edge. Clarke, Lunongo and Broadhead fixed it. But they may not have been sourced till this summer.

Patience. Belief… and don’t connect this management team with the amateur hour we had before!!
[Post edited 1 May 2023 11:33]

yep, and it shouldnt be forgotten because that will come back to bite us, if our fanbase is that brittle and fickle when the going gets a bit tough.

because the Championship will be tougher than League 1, we're not going to win every game, or score every game, we might even let goals in, and wont go on record breaking runs, youd hope McKenna and this squad now has enough in the bank to silence the doubters, but I do wonder what peoples expectations are next season and if they dont get met how long before the howls of protest start again.

because the thing is I know full well had our positions been reversed and Town been in Sheff Weds position when they started their thread in February, we would have read almost an identical set of posts on here.
All the more sweeter on 11:24 - May 1 with 3596 viewsWakh

All the more sweeter on 10:26 - May 1 by wkj

It would be quite the WKJ style of bump

I'm waiting
All the more sweeter on 11:27 - May 1 with 3551 viewswkj

All the more sweeter on 11:24 - May 1 by Wakh

I'm waiting

I may or may not have had an account signup declined

All the more sweeter on 11:29 - May 1 with 3540 viewsMJallday

All the more sweeter on 11:27 - May 1 by wkj

I may or may not have had an account signup declined

I’m on the case, awaiting approval

1pm Update - the equivalent of Phil /gav over there still hasn’t approved . Lazy sods
[Post edited 1 May 2023 13:02]

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

I ACTUALLY think that thread should be more something that we reflect on as Town on 11:36 - May 1 with 3471 viewspointofblue

I ACTUALLY think that thread should be more something that we reflect on as Town on 11:23 - May 1 by stonojnr

yep, and it shouldnt be forgotten because that will come back to bite us, if our fanbase is that brittle and fickle when the going gets a bit tough.

because the Championship will be tougher than League 1, we're not going to win every game, or score every game, we might even let goals in, and wont go on record breaking runs, youd hope McKenna and this squad now has enough in the bank to silence the doubters, but I do wonder what peoples expectations are next season and if they dont get met how long before the howls of protest start again.

because the thing is I know full well had our positions been reversed and Town been in Sheff Weds position when they started their thread in February, we would have read almost an identical set of posts on here.

Also, beware of hubris. Even if we’re somehow ten points clear at the top of the table in February whilst Norwich are adrift of the promotion places, keep grounded and mocking to a minimum until success has been achieved. Things can turn very quickly, as this season has proven.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024